Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities (7350 Views)

Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos / Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine / Smart ForTwo Explodes After Owner Accidentally Fills Air Intake With Petrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2022
jidobaba:
There should be an elimination process to include checking a foreign used vehicle with the same borescope. Our fuel is most terrible no doubt, but all organic compounds( including ethanol) reduce to carbon upon full combustion.

Low octane fuel, impurities, high compression ratio (as a result of deposits), should upset the tight air-fuel ratio for combustion. In essence, there may not be enough of fuel/air (or the perfect ratio of the same) to reduce the organic matter to carbon... My take.
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Kirkman: 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2022
Piyke:

Low octane fuel, impurities, high compression ratio (as a result of deposits), should upset the tight air-fuel ratio for combustion. In essence, there may not be enough of fuel/air (or the perfect ratio of the same) to reduce the organic matter to carbon... My take.
Oga Piyke what's the status update when the GUMOUT fuel treatment and ethanol was used?
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kirkman:

Oga Piyke what's the status update when the GUMOUT fuel treatment and ethanol was used?

In progress wink. Will certainly update soon...

2 Likes

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by olenyi: 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Piyke:

In progress wink. Will certainly update soon...

Oga Pike the full tank never finish ni? Abi the car fuel consumption don turn to Keke nape own? grin grin.; D. Abeg no ves, come update us Biko.

Warm regards.

3 Likes

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Kirkman: 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2022
olenyi:

Oga Pike the full tank never finish ni? Abi the car fuel consumption don turn to Keke nape own? grin grin.; D. Abeg no ves, come update us Biko.

Warm regards.
I tire o! My brother, I don wait for oga Piyke to come and humbly update this thread. Abi he has abandoned ship. grin and cut his losses.

1 Like

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 8:46am On Apr 30, 2022
olenyi:

Warm regards.

Kirkman:

I tire o! My brother, I don wait for oga Piyke to come and humbly update this thread. Abi he has abandoned ship. grin and cut his losses.

You guys just cracked me up! grin.

Final observation was today and I have started editing the video! Not yet sure how long it will take, but when it airs, you will understand why the video took longer than planned. A lot goes into making YouTube videos o: planning, scripting, shooting, re-shooting sad, editing and so on. Been a bit off Nairaland too, but it's good to be back cheesy

No retreat no surrender on this thread wink

8 Likes

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 8:16am On May 02, 2022
Finally, the video is ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRP0thS-xCA

In all, pretty pleased as it even addressed the engine knock I was having!
cc" aieromon

Calling my tormentors that cracked me up with their funny posts. E don dey!

olenyi
Kirkman

Hope you now see why it took long cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by aieromon(m): 11:00am On May 02, 2022
Piyke:

Great video as always.

You talked about switching to a more reputable fuel outlet. Did you record an improvement in engine performance with this change?

3 Likes

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Kirkman: 11:12am On May 02, 2022
Piyke:

cc" aieromon

olenyi
Kirkman

Hope now see why it took long cheesy
In summary Gumout did it's job as stated. The before and after pics was as clear as the difference between night and day.

1 Like

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by olenyi: 1:33pm On May 02, 2022
Piyke:

cc" aieromon

olenyi
Kirkman

Hope now see why it took long cheesy

Finally.

What an expose. Nice video and clear explanation. The Gumout really did it's job as advertised.

Now I understand why it took you so long. Three full tanks. Good job.

My warm regards.

3 Likes

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 2:50pm On May 02, 2022
aieromon:

Great video as always.

You talked about switching to a more reputable fuel outlet. Did you record an improvement in engine performance with this change?

Thanks for the compliment!
On switching gas station, you know now, it takes some time to know if the fuel is better, plus I've been driving spirited lately, so not quite ideal to compare mpg. One thing I can say though, I have often noticed that if I get low quality fuel, my generator with remote start will take 2 cranks to start. There's a NIPCO station that I used to get fuel from. Once I buy fuel from there, the gen will always start on second attempt compared to when I get from this other station. That said, I've noticed that occasionally, even the so called "good" station can get bad stock.

6 Likes

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 3:05pm On May 02, 2022
Kirkman:

In summary Gumout did it's job as stated. The before and after pics was as clear as the difference between night and day.

Yes it did. I will do this again with Liqui Moly...

1 Like

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 3:05pm On May 02, 2022
olenyi:

Finally.

What an expose. Nice video and clear explanation. The Gumout really did it's job as advertised.

Now I understand why it took you so long. Three full tanks. Good job.

My warm regards.

Thanks boss!

1 Like

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Kirkman: 5:05pm On May 02, 2022
Piyke:

Yes it did. I will do this again with Liqui Moly...
OK sir we await the result of the Liquid Moly test.
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by adubam(m): 5:42pm On May 02, 2022
Piyke:

Thanks boss!

Where can I get it?
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 9:38am On May 03, 2022
adubam:

Where can I get it?

I got mine from Amazon: link is in the video description. If you are in Abuja, I recall seeing a variant of this at Sahad stores in Central Area (the version of gumout for high mileage cars).
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by adubam(m): 10:27am On May 03, 2022
Piyke:

I got mine from Amazon: link is in the video description. If you are in Abuja, I recall seeing a variant of this at Sahad stores in Central Area (the version of gumout for high mileage cars).

Thanks. I'm in Abuja. I'll check Sahad stores.

1 Like

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by nnamokenna(m): 11:38am On May 03, 2022
Piyke:

Nice work you are doing as usual Piyke. Keep it up! Do they (Amazon) send directly to you or you use a shipper? Sadly, my shippers have stopped shipping flammable/combustible items through air so I now use ocean freight for those.

I use Seafoam products (SS-14 and HM-16 or SS-16) for my cars. They are very good products. I want to try STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner and Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer now and see how they are.

1 Like

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 2:28pm On May 03, 2022
nnamokenna:

Nice work you are doing as usual Piyke. Keep it up! Do they (Amazon) send directly to you or you use a shipper? Sadly, my shippers have stopped shipping flammable/combustible items through air so I now use ocean freight for those.

I use Seafoam products (SS-14 and HM-16 or SS-16) for my cars. They are very good products. I want to try STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner and Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer now and see how they are.

You are spot on for the bolded. It's a pain getting these flammable things in. I used ocean as well. In fact, it was one of the things I got in the container that shipped the car.

Haven't used Seafoam before, but lots of videos to suggest it works.

1 Like

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by sooperrescue(m): 12:59am On May 05, 2022
Interesting thread. Does Honda uses premium unleaded fuel. I have seen on the 2010 Accord that premium fuel is required. Is it now a standard feature? I will suggest that you try this product on a 2007 Camry which does not require premium fuel and let's see the outcome of our fuel on the car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 11:12am On May 05, 2022
Piyke:

On switching gas station, you know now, it takes some time to know if the fuel is better, plus I've been driving spirited lately, so not quite ideal to compare mpg. One thing I can say though, I have often noticed that if I get low quality fuel, my generator with remote start will take 2 cranks to start. There's a NIPCO station that I used to get fuel from. Once I buy fuel from there, the gen will always start on second attempt compared to when I get from this other station. That said, I've noticed that occasionally, even the so called "good" station can get bad stock.
There is no "reputable" fuel station.

Hear me out.

1. They all get PMS from the same source (NNPC or the few oligarchs who import low octane ethanol and methanol batched PMS)
2. They do not have filters installed between their tanks and their pumps (which should be a standard but in Nigeria the regulatory bodies don't give a ...)
3. They do not wash their tanks. Never.
4. None of these retail outlets bothers to conduct tests on the PMS supplied to them so they don't even know the quality of the product being sold to you.

Old stock will cause hard starts like you experienced.

PMS blended with high quantities of naphtha will also cause that. Na local refinery dey always supply this one. grin

3 Likes

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 11:20am On May 05, 2022
Piyke:

cc" aieromon

olenyi
Kirkman

Hope you now see why it took long cheesy

Nice video and description. Very well done indeed.

Mrcoolautofix, come and see how it's done.

No name calling, no slander, no funny accents, no insult to the motherland or fellow technicians. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by olenyi: 12:46pm On May 05, 2022
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by olenyi: 12:52pm On May 05, 2022
9icetoo:

No name calling, no slander, no funny accents, no insult to the motherland or fellow technicians. cheesy

olenyi:

Abi? That funny accent is a total turn off. Like someone that is being strangled. And claiming his audience is not Nigerians as if he can do pass Chris fix them.

Alaye just dey shalaye. grin grin.grin
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 12:29pm On May 06, 2022
sooperrescue:
Interesting thread. Does Honda uses premium unleaded fuel. I have seen on the 2010 Accord that premium fuel is required. Is it now a standard feature? I will suggest that you try this product on a 2007 Camry which does not require premium fuel and let's see the outcome of our fuel on the car.

Honda calls for regular unleaded petrol in the 9th Gen. 2013 - 2017. Was the 2007 for the US market?
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 12:32pm On May 06, 2022
9icetoo:

There is no "reputable" fuel station.

Hear me out.

1. They all get PMS from the same source (NNPC or the few oligarchs who import low octane ethanol and methanol batched PMS)
2. They do not have filters installed between their tanks and their pumps (which should be a standard but in Nigeria the regulatory bodies don't give a ...)
3. They do not wash their tanks. Never.
4. None of these retail outlets bothers to conduct tests on the PMS supplied to them so they don't even know the quality of the product being sold to you.

Old stock will cause hard starts like you experienced.

PMS blended with high quantities of naphtha will also cause that. Na local refinery dey always supply this one. grin

I was planning to get a fuel octane tester at one point. Just for fun. But its not cheap. Will see!

1 Like

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 12:54pm On May 06, 2022
9icetoo:

Thanks boss for the compliment!

Will prefer we don't shake the table of the 2nd part of your comment. You know it can derail thread and cause world war, right? shocked

1 Like

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by 9icetoo(m): 4:45pm On May 06, 2022
Piyke:

Thanks boss for the compliment!

Will prefer we don't shake the table of the 2nd part of your comment. You know it can derail thread and cause world war, right? shocked
Sorry chief.
We no go shake table. cheesy
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by sooperrescue(m): 8:22pm On May 06, 2022
Piyke:

Honda calls for regular unleaded petrol in the 9th Gen. 2013 - 2017. Was the 2007 for the US market?

2010, yes USA market. Reason why I was asking is to know how effective the octane booster is
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by Piyke: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2022
boldx:

How much is the GUM OUT pls?

As seen at Sahad Stores... N13k a pop.

1 Like

Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by lilkech(m): 11:21am On Aug 13, 2022
Piyke:

As seen at Sahad Stores... N13k a pop.

What’s the location of this particular store?
Re: Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities by adubam(m): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2022
lilkech:

What’s the location of this particular store?

Abuja

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Camry 03,04, And 05 / Changing My Torn Car Leather Seat / As Regards Benz Ml-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.