Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

#horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience (22566 Views)

I'm Not Sure If This My Little Story Concerns You... But You Can Read ! / My Little Advise / My Little Advise For The Year 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Haywhymido(m): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
Sincerely, I don't know what to say. Because, some of the employees been oppressed, dehumanized today, put them in the post of leader and watch them become worse than their bosses. This is the particular thing that saddens my heart with humans. That your boss treated you bad doesn't mean you should return back the FAVOUR to your subordinate. It's not fair, if you can't seek redress against your boss then leave the innocent subordinates. In all we do,let's always remember that God will judge us.

12 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by shaunberry: 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
Oga adimma my dear cry
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by reccy(m): 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
Scaring!!!!
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by kingphilip(m): 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ok
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Karlzy01(m): 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2022
Learn a digital skill and work from home at your convenience it's the best way to go because their demons out there.

Most bosses don't care about your well-being all they concerned about is their money.

Why not put all that effort into your own business and see where you'd be in 2years time?

3 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Peterqq: 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hmmm
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Flier: 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2022
grin
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Duru009(m): 5:03pm On Mar 24, 2022
Likes for TINUBU and Shares for Atiku....

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by TheyVid(m): 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
Dialpad:
Learn to make money online... it sure works

Show me the way please.
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Englishisamust: 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
Make nobody quote that borntosmoke again. That guy is totally on weed. He don collect space finish
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by sunday1989(m): 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2022
To start with, Nigeria is one the countries around the world that has terrible and absurd working conditions. Having spent nearly fifteen years in the blue collar jobs, I can categorically say that the government have not done well to ensure the safety and good welfare of the ordinary workers in Nigeria. The op has said it all and it's just so unfortunate that we are in this situation. Self reliance is surely the way.

7 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Parachoko: 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2022
lekzy116:
We have alot of things to be put in places if truly this nation is going to get any better. Some bosses are just too bitter to work with, some always feel like God and do anyhow without no measure to checkmate there attitude regarding the employee's..

The worst of the matter is going for an interview and many will delay you like forever and at end you won't even get any feedback from them. Imagine the recent and last interview I did, they were there saying we're impressed by your composure, CV, experience and bla bla bla. Even till now, I didn't hear anything from them.

Las Las I gave up on that. Am just here doing proxy agent for real estate companies. Naija can be so frustrating atimes..

Nigeria really needs to work on our labour laws.
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by ChoCho54(f): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
[quote author=Mko123 post=111330317][/quote] Your ban go too long ehn grin

1 Like

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by lafiagi007: 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Preciousgift90: 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
Mygoodnessx:
Horriblebosses and #toxicworkplace is trending on twitter and having worked in few places, I can say that a lot is really happening in the work space. Everyone thinks the best way to avoid all those stuffs is to be a boss of your own but then what is a boss without an employee?

For starters, you go for an interview scheduled for 9am and they’ll keep you waiting till 4pm all in the name of testing your patience…like for real After all na u dey find work so you’ll have to wait till whenever. When you finally get interviewed and they’ll ask how much you want to be paid, you mention your desired amount and they go like "no oh, we can’t pay you that for now, instead we’ll pay this", like almost half of what you mentioned….hmmm it’s well.

Or is it the managers that presents 50k to the boss as your salary and ends up paying 30k to the staff and pockets 20k? Or is it the randy ones that wants to sleep with all the female workers whether married or not and fire the ones who refuse their advances? Or the ones that encourage the foreign bosses (Chinese,Lebanese,Indian) to be wicked on the staff cos that’s what they deserve. Matter plenty!!!

What about job security? I’ve not seen, you could be on your way to work and have an accident and nobody cares, instead they call an interview for your replacement . A colleague of mine in a hotel fell off a staircase while serving customers at the rooftop bar with drinks worth over 100k and broke her leg and all the owner cared about was the drinks that were broken, long story short, she was made to pay for the drinks, nobody talked about her broken leg �

Okay treat me however you like but once it’s month end, pls pay me my money cos that’s why I’m working!!! No, they won’t. Salary is meant to be paid at month end latest the last day of the month but some bosses would pay middle of the next month, some won’t even pay at all and when you complain it’s an offence, on top my money kwa? Na wah oh!!!
Or is it the unnecessary deductions? You come late they deduct 1k, You no come staff meeting they deduct like 3k, at the end of the month you are left with almost nothing.
Or is it the verbal and sometimes physical abuse? Some company owners really need to do better, we know it’s your company and your money no need to rub it in my face. My ex boss once threatened to break bottle on my head over a minor issue and nothing would happen, my dears, I resigned after that threat cos he can do it and truly nothing would happen, no be Nigeria we dey? SMH ��‍♀️

I could go on and on, a lot of people are really suffering in their jobs but it’s like a "we die here" situation cos there’s no job outside so you endure whatever comes till a better offer comes,it’s so sad � really.

Should be talk about our fellow colleagues, like na the same thing we find come but you want to make work difficult for me too? The "eye service" ones that are ready to throw you under the bus at the expense of your job? Or the ones sleeping with the bosses and managers telling them who to sack and who to leave? Or the extreme ones who go to the extent of using charms and juju to attack you? Hmmm… Chineke zoba anyi oh cos things are really happening.

Matter plenty no be small, which one I go talk ,which one I go leave? In all things, we’ll keep grinding and never give up cos God would surely come through. One day , the sun will shine and we go smile, cheers to everyone working legit to make a living, Ogadinma.

Drops pen…

You have really got the experience. The matter no be here

1 Like

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by harmargedon: 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
shocked
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by ChoCho54(f): 5:09pm On Mar 24, 2022
Olumaeme:
In the course of my career across this country, specifically in Abuja, those companies/Organizations that pays peanuts are always the ones with those ridiculous behaviors.

I presently work for an NGO and life have seen how work life should be.

You are very correct. I worked with British America Tobacco company, come and see best practices.

4 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 24, 2022
This is the reality out there.

As someone who lost a well paying job due to sexual harassment ,I can relate.

The op described my former job, verbal and physical abuse, sexual harassment,salary deductions, the high service from co workers to be in MDs good book, other managers were fishing for faults in their branches to write in report for MD,me that didn't really have bad report was seen as linient and so on.

3 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Gloriagee(f): 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
Just too generic to be a little experience....

Mygoodnessx:

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by 1money: 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
Its terrible...

The best thing is to learn some skills and sell it on foreign sites.
Then when you start making enough money, you can quit your job.
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by jericco1(m): 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
Self sufficiency is the best
The internet is where the money is

Most people aren't woke yet.
I have experienced even worse than that and I am saying never again!!

1 Like

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by imoh4king(m): 5:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
Mygoodnessx:
Horriblebosses and #toxicworkplace is trending on twitter and having worked in few places, I can say that a lot is really happening in the work space. Everyone thinks the best way to avoid all those stuffs is to be a boss of your own but then what is a boss without an employee?

For starters, you go for an interview scheduled for 9am and they’ll keep you waiting till 4pm all in the name of testing your patience…like for real After all na u dey find work so you’ll have to wait till whenever. When you finally get interviewed and they’ll ask how much you want to be paid, you mention your desired amount and they go like "no oh, we can’t pay you that for now, instead we’ll pay this", like almost half of what you mentioned….hmmm it’s well.

Or is it the managers that presents 50k to the boss as your salary and ends up paying 30k to the staff and pockets 20k? Or is it the randy ones that wants to sleep with all the female workers whether married or not and fire the ones who refuse their advances? Or the ones that encourage the foreign bosses (Chinese,Lebanese,Indian) to be wicked on the staff cos that’s what they deserve. Matter plenty!!!

What about job security? I’ve not seen, you could be on your way to work and have an accident and nobody cares, instead they call an interview for your replacement . A colleague of mine in a hotel fell off a staircase while serving customers at the rooftop bar with drinks worth over 100k and broke her leg and all the owner cared about was the drinks that were broken, long story short, she was made to pay for the drinks, nobody talked about her broken leg �

Okay treat me however you like but once it’s month end, pls pay me my money cos that’s why I’m working!!! No, they won’t. Salary is meant to be paid at month end latest the last day of the month but some bosses would pay middle of the next month, some won’t even pay at all and when you complain it’s an offence, on top my money kwa? Na wah oh!!!
Or is it the unnecessary deductions? You come late they deduct 1k, You no come staff meeting they deduct like 3k, at the end of the month you are left with almost nothing.
Or is it the verbal and sometimes physical abuse? Some company owners really need to do better, we know it’s your company and your money no need to rub it in my face. My ex boss once threatened to break bottle on my head over a minor issue and nothing would happen, my dears, I resigned after that threat cos he can do it and truly nothing would happen, no be Nigeria we dey? SMH ��‍♀️

I could go on and on, a lot of people are really suffering in their jobs but it’s like a "we die here" situation cos there’s no job outside so you endure whatever comes till a better offer comes,it’s so sad � really.

Should be talk about our fellow colleagues, like na the same thing we find come but you want to make work difficult for me too? The "eye service" ones that are ready to throw you under the bus at the expense of your job? Or the ones sleeping with the bosses and managers telling them who to sack and who to leave? Or the extreme ones who go to the extent of using charms and juju to attack you? Hmmm… Chineke zoba anyi oh cos things are really happening.

Matter plenty no be small, which one I go talk ,which one I go leave? In all things, we’ll keep grinding and never give up cos God would surely come through. One day , the sun will shine and we go smile, cheers to everyone working legit to make a living, Ogadinma.

Drops pen…

Fascinating write up. Keep it up.

My own boss will tell a new employee that all his existing Staff are thieves and saboteurs.

He gives NOTHING during the Christmas festive period. (No cash or even a grain of rice)

He slashes ur salary without any explanation.

Him matter too plenty.

Funny enough, he is a King (Traditional Ruler)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by BarrElChapo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 24, 2022
That was how I told after someone that I replaced in an organisation what my principal did that led to my leaving the organisation.

Imagine this lady went and told by former principal that same day.

People are really stupid to imagine that the same lady was about 9 years at the bar and was earning a paltry 60k in the same organisation, I thought she'd have sense.

2 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by ambient: 5:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
I remembered when I was new to town I was desperately looking for something to do,I went for an interview in a very big school,after we where done with the written test the oral test began,I was very surprised when the third question was" what will I do if the owner of the school slap me" I chuckled and told them I will give her back times two,I took my bag and left.thinking about it now that place would have being toxicity personified.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by reidkrugger(m): 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2022
A lot of the times, all these things are easier said than done. When you become your own boss you might end up doing worse than these guys. Steve jobs is even worse than the examples described above.

Meanwhile and in other news, make una check out the part 2 of...
Ukraine Vs Russia Vs Naija
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fIjByCIT6E[url][/url]

2 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Skillsnigeria: 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hmmm
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Contekbbc: 5:20pm On Mar 24, 2022
Olumide
Wherever you are,may you be served the same BREAKFAST you served me.
This guy will threaten me with sack anytime we dey discuss.
Query upon query and you sef dey work there no be say Na you own the company,but thank God today I get rest of mind now even if I no be Dangote but my mental health is intact.

Workplace politics is very deadly.
You go dey fight spiritual and physical battle.

One word for you,OLUMIDE
Make I sha no see you,you go collect,I go put am WOTOWOTO for your body.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Though sorrow man endure the night, joy cometh in the morning.

I see a great revolution that would reset this country and restore back it's default settings coming up soonest.

I see Nigeria's economy competing with the likes of Europe and America, I see tribalism banished forever, I see Nigerians smiling once again, I see a new Dawn and it's coming with joy in it's wings.

This I have seen.

You sure say u see am well

1 Like

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by illuminutty: 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
From my personal expereince, this thing called #toxicwork environment is mostly rife in one-man companies, and Indian, Lebanese or Chinese companies in Nigeria. I started my career with a one-man oil company and the MD, whom I worked directly with as his PA, was tyrant and heartless bully both at home and at work. He would call us all manner of unprintable names. He was a very good friend of Fashola, who was then the governor of Lagos state. Late night meetings upon late night meetings. Sometimes, I close by 3 a.m and still has to be in his house before 8 a.m the same day. I would wait until he woke up and his first response to my greeting would be "oloriburuk omo Ibo". I go laugh and still say "thank you sir".

My second job experience where I was at the receiving end of #toxicwork environment was in an Indian pharmaceutical company. Omo, the target was crazy. The Indian boss was always breathing down our neck with loads of insults and embarrassment. I dared not sit in the office beyond 9 a.m. I nearly died, started feeling like a loser and always fighting my complex and morale.

When I left and joined a multinational company where there were procedures, policies and protocols, I saw a lot of differences. I swore never to work for a one-man firm or any company that is Lebanese, Indian or Chinese.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Contekbbc: 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
BarrElChapo:
That was how I told after someone that I replaced in an organisation what my principal did that led to my leaving the organisation.

Imagine this lady went and told by former principal that same day.

People are really stupid to imagine that the same lady was about 9 years at the bar and was earning a paltry 60k in the same
organisation, I thought she'd have sense.

Many of them don't progress in Life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Test Format / How To Build Confidence When Going For An Interview / Dove Green Global Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.