Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

#horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience (22570 Views)

I'm Not Sure If This My Little Story Concerns You... But You Can Read ! / My Little Advise / My Little Advise For The Year 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

#horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Mygoodnessx(f): 2:38pm On Mar 23, 2022
Horriblebosses and #toxicworkplace is trending on twitter and having worked in few places, I can say that a lot is really happening in the work space. Everyone thinks the best way to avoid all those stuffs is to be a boss of your own but then what is a boss without an employee?

For starters, you go for an interview scheduled for 9am and they’ll keep you waiting till 4pm all in the name of testing your patience…like for real After all na u dey find work so you’ll have to wait till whenever. When you finally get interviewed and they’ll ask how much you want to be paid, you mention your desired amount and they go like "no oh, we can’t pay you that for now, instead we’ll pay this", like almost half of what you mentioned….hmmm it’s well.

Or is it the managers that presents 50k to the boss as your salary and ends up paying 30k to the staff and pockets 20k? Or is it the randy ones that wants to sleep with all the female workers whether married or not and fire the ones who refuse their advances? Or the ones that encourage the foreign bosses (Chinese,Lebanese,Indian) to be wicked on the staff cos that’s what they deserve. Matter plenty!!!

What about job security? I’ve not seen, you could be on your way to work and have an accident and nobody cares, instead they call an interview for your replacement . A colleague of mine in a hotel fell off a staircase while serving customers at the rooftop bar with drinks worth over 100k and broke her leg and all the owner cared about was the drinks that were broken, long story short, she was made to pay for the drinks, nobody talked about her broken leg �

Okay treat me however you like but once it’s month end, pls pay me my money cos that’s why I’m working!!! No, they won’t. Salary is meant to be paid at month end latest the last day of the month but some bosses would pay middle of the next month, some won’t even pay at all and when you complain it’s an offence, on top my money kwa? Na wah oh!!!
Or is it the unnecessary deductions? You come late they deduct 1k, You no come staff meeting they deduct like 3k, at the end of the month you are left with almost nothing.
Or is it the verbal and sometimes physical abuse? Some company owners really need to do better, we know it’s your company and your money no need to rub it in my face. My ex boss once threatened to break bottle on my head over a minor issue and nothing would happen, my dears, I resigned after that threat cos he can do it and truly nothing would happen, no be Nigeria we dey? SMH ��‍♀️

I could go on and on, a lot of people are really suffering in their jobs but it’s like a "we die here" situation cos there’s no job outside so you endure whatever comes till a better offer comes,it’s so sad � really.

Should be talk about our fellow colleagues, like na the same thing we find come but you want to make work difficult for me too? The "eye service" ones that are ready to throw you under the bus at the expense of your job? Or the ones sleeping with the bosses and managers telling them who to sack and who to leave? Or the extreme ones who go to the extent of using charms and juju to attack you? Hmmm… Chineke zoba anyi oh cos things are really happening.

Matter plenty no be small, which one I go talk ,which one I go leave? In all things, we’ll keep grinding and never give up cos God would surely come through. One day , the sun will shine and we go smile, cheers to everyone working legit to make a living, Ogadinma.

Drops pen…

161 Likes 15 Shares

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by CsRockefeller(m): 2:42am On Mar 24, 2022
It's well.

Modified:

I have a theory that says that a "man" who seeks to be great and self sufficient in life needs an average of 10 helpers in his lifetime.

I have been working since I was 18, I'm 29 right now and I can tell you that I've met about just 6. In that 11 year span, I've also met toxic bosses which have been in the higher percentage.

In summary: As you keep moving up the ladder, you will meet toxic bosses, but it shouldn't deter you. For every 5 Bosses you will meet, 4 may probably be toxic, so to meet the 10 helpers I postulated earlier, statistically, you have to meet 50 bosses.

Exceptions exists.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by djflexcy: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
Entrepreneurship is Bae, funding is just the challenges attached. I could remember my then boss looked at me and say, 'are you staring at me I can sack you this moment, mhen I just shook my head. On God

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Dialpad: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
Learn to make money online... it sure works

8 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by FalseProphet1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
Though sorrow man endure the night, joy cometh in the morning.

I see a great revolution that would reset this country and restore back it's default settings coming up soonest.

I see Nigeria's economy competing with the likes of Europe and America, I see tribalism banished forever, I see Nigerians smiling once again, I see a new Dawn and it's coming with joy in it's wings.

This I have seen.

50 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by chukwuibuipob: 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
sad

1 Like

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by lekzy116(m): 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
We have alot of things to be put in places if truly this nation is going to get any better. Some bosses are just too bitter to work with, some always feel like God and do anyhow without no measure to checkmate there attitude regarding the employee's..

The worst of the matter is going for an interview and many will delay you like forever and at end you won't even get any feedback from them. Imagine the recent and last interview I did, they were there saying we're impressed by your composure, CV, experience and bla bla bla. Even till now, I didn't hear anything from them.

Las Las I gave up on that. Am just here doing proxy agent for real estate companies. Naija can be so frustrating atimes..

17 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by StrikeBack(m): 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
Thank God I left that country

18 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by R2bees2: 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Jmichael1(m): 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
Speechless....
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
It is well. I haven't had any toxic relationship with any boss figure in my life, and I hope I never will. wink
But sha, it's hard to intimidate me just because you're my boss. Better hold knife or gun before you try it. Else you go just land for grand before you say "Jack!"

6 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Passionate888: 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
Make bolt drivers tell you about their own experiences?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by R2bees2: 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
FalseProphet1:
sad
You don rush book space to talk rubbish abi?

1 Like

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Jmichael1(m): 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
StrikeBack:
to which country?

2 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
[quote author=Mygoodnessx post=111294954]Horriblebosses and #toxicworkplace is trending on twitter and having worked in few places, I can say that a lot is really happening in the work space. Everyone thinks the best way to avoid all those stuffs is to be a boss of your own but then what is a boss without an employee?

For starters, you go for an interview scheduled for 9am and they’ll keep you waiting till 4pm all in the name of testing your patience…like for real After all na u dey find work so you’ll have to wait till whenever. When you finally get interviewed and they’ll ask how much you want to be paid, you mention your desired amount and they go like "no oh, we can’t pay you that for now, instead we’ll pay this", like almost half of what you mentioned….hmmm it’s well.

Or is it the managers that presents 50k to the boss as your salary and ends up paying 30k to the staff and pockets 20k? Or is it the randy ones that wants to sleep with all the female workers whether married or not and fire the ones who refuse their advances? Or the ones that encourage the foreign bosses (Chinese,Lebanese,Indian) to be wicked on the staff cos that’s what they deserve. Matter plenty!!!

What about job security? I’ve not seen, you could be on your way to work and have an accident and nobody cares, instead they call an interview for your replacement . A colleague of mine in a hotel fell off a staircase while serving customers at the rooftop bar with drinks worth over 100k and broke her leg and all the owner cared about was the drinks that were broken, long story short, she was made to pay for the drinks, nobody talked about her broken leg �

Okay treat me however you like but once it’s month end, pls pay me my money cos that’s why I’m working!!! No, they won’t. Salary is meant to be paid at month end latest the last day of the month but some bosses would pay middle of the next month, some won’t even pay at all and when you complain it’s an offence, on top my money kwa? Na wah oh!!!
Or is it the unnecessary deductions? You come late they deduct 1k, You no come staff meeting they deduct like 3k, at the end of the month you are left with almost nothing.
Or is it the verbal and sometimes physical abuse? Some company owners really need to do better, we know it’s your company and your money no need to rub it in my face. My ex boss once threatened to break bottle on my head over a minor issue and nothing would happen, my dears, I resigned after that threat cos he can do it and truly nothing would happen, no be Nigeria we dey? SMH ��‍♀️

I could go on and on, a lot of people are really suffering in their jobs but it’s like a "we die here" situation cos there’s no job outside so you endure whatever comes till a better offer comes,it’s so sad � really.

Should be talk about our fellow colleagues, like na the same thing we find come but you want to make work difficult for me too? The "eye service" ones that are ready to throw you under the bus at the expense of your job? Or the ones sleeping with the bosses and managers telling them who to sack and who to leave? Or the extreme ones who go to the extent of using charms and juju to attack you? Hmmm… Chineke zoba anyi oh cos things are really happening.

Matter plenty no be small, which one I go talk ,which one I go leave? In all things, we’ll keep grinding and never give up cos God would surely come through. One day , the sun will shine and we go smile, cheers to everyone working legit to make a living, Ogadinma.

Drops pen…

[/quote

3 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by inumidun2010(m): 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
Till I leave this COUNTRY, I WONT REST....
SO HELP ME GOD...

8 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by AutoChick4U(f): 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2022
StrikeBack:
show me way
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by chukkystar(m): 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2022
Alot of Nigerian adults are Narcissists, power hungry and Childish. The Bosses character is just an average Nigerian with small power and things are so hard that people have limited options than to stay and take shit..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by nkemoma(m): 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2022
Any organization that is designed in a way that your immediate boss is like a demigod in your career and has 100% control over your appraisal, promotions and growth is thrash..... only few Bosses have such powers and don't expect you to suck their balls or kiss their asses!

12 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Maj196(m): 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
CEO's left the group chat

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
It is well
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Oritna94(m): 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
StrikeBack:

Your head dey there. I was already developing high blood pressure because of stress in naija. As soon as I left, HBP disappeared. Peace of mind is really a gift.

13 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by VladimirPutiin(m): 4:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
sad
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by bigdammyj: 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2022
Reading...
Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by ogododo: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
Mygoodnessx:
Horriblebosses and #toxicworkplace is trending on twitter and having worked in few places, I can say that a lot is really happening in the work space. Everyone thinks the best way to avoid all those stuffs is to be a boss of your own but then what is a boss without an employee?

Drops pen…

Which company be day, make I go break bottle.

1 Like

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by PricelessGem1: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
It's really pathetic. You just took time to xray a lot of horrible things happening in the work place. Truly nothing compares to having your own business.

5 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by Olumaeme: 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
In the course of my career across this country, specifically in Abuja, those companies/Organizations that pays peanuts are always the ones with those ridiculous behaviors.

I presently work for an NGO and life have seen how work life should be.

17 Likes

Re: #horriblebosses And #toxicworkplace ; My Little Experience by DoctorOlasDesk: 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Build Confidence When Going For An Interview / Dove Green Global Services / Deleted FRSC Account By Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.