Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas (36730 Views)

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / Poland Refuses To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Macron: Putin Wants All Of Ukraine And Worse Is To Come (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by chopnaira: 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
frowland:

Means this one doesn’t even know Gowon Estate. A plot of land in that estate doesn’t sell less than 60m.
So does a plot of land in okokomaiko or Idi Oro in Mushin

Doesn't mean it is desirable. Just regular Lagos slum.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by frowland(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
chopnaira:

So does a plot of land in okokomaiko or Idi Oro in Mushin

Is that the point? Why not show us your own?
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by chopnaira: 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
frowland:

Is that the point? Why not show us your own?
Lol. Guy. Collect your L in peace.

You have been bursted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by rajiedreez: 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
MT:

and is the pipeline in use (Nord 2)? As it is, Russia pipeline passes through Ukraine to EU and Russia still pays Ukraine passage fee on that

Guy na, you said Nord 2 isn't in use, shey you forget that there's Nord Stream 1 ni that's still in use na. And e no join the ones that pass through Ukraine o
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by rottennaija(m): 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
stinflame:

Don't mind Putin, we agree they have the highest gas deposit and that is because others have not been discovered and harness, he will be shock to see an alternative to Russia Gas.
In how many years? We are talking about Europe surviving the next 5 years. Even if they discover Gas in Europe, it will take at least 5 years to develop the infrastructure need to extract it and set up the pipe lines and supply chain.

But heck, they will still need Russia for the metals as Russia controls about 80% of steel and Iron.

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by ken045501: 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
I think it’s you that doesn’t have sense . Man is doing a great thing to use his own currency for transactions. Very soon dollar won’t be what it is

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tonyshine01: 6:06pm On Mar 23, 2022
You know book.
tonididdy:

Worlds highest oil exporter and you say "a lot of people" don't know her currency. Anyway this is entirely your opinion, that you do not know does not justify the use of "a lot".
In 2018 , Russia hosted the FIFA WC... Almost 800,000,000 fans visited the country and you say " a lot".
I don't blame you for condemning this motive by Russia, I blame your ancestors, our ancestors who have worshiped the dollar since time immemorial and now almost everything revolves around the dollar.
This war is an eye opener for the world, it's full of potentials for the smart nations. Russia is opening a part to a new world direction. If the 50% of the dollar is boycotted, trust me ... You will be a big boy in that Nigeria.
This is a test phase, if Russia accepts rubble for payment then why can't Nigeria, why can't Iran, Saudi Arabia.
This will bend the crown that has being g sitting on the west for too long.
Change is highly welcome because the direction the world is headed is doom

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by SocialJustice: 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
ArewaTech1:

My point is, the countries that needs Russian gas will stress to get rubles.

Oga think... it's not like you going to filling station and buying 4 liters to use for your generator.

making deal with Qatar... No mean say Qatar go send them gas tomorrow.

Infrastructure needs to be built... Which will take years.
Na Europe we dey talk about not Africa. Even while the going was good, they made arrangement for a day like this.

The mistake you are making is you think America has become weak and most of the world thinks so too, no, the reason America has this stance is because Biden is a pacifist. That man does not get emotional and starts a war. He is very tactical and result oriented without putting human lives in danger especially American citizens.

The best thing to do now is wait, you could be right, I could be right, we could also be wrong. Make we observe.

See the picture, the red dots are LNG ships. Russia is giving USA market it had all to itself before. Just watch how USA ramps up production to make Russian gas useless. The worst part is after this fiasco is over, Europe will not return to Russia for gas.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by gambojimeta: 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
chopnaira:

You have been bursted.

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tolue42(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
chronique:

Qatar has other countries they are supplying to na. They already said it that they can't make up for the total shortfall from Russian gas that the EU wants them to cover. Netherlands has gas but it's not the same quality as that from Russia. That's Russia has the largest supply in Europe.

My brother , please share the link here where Qatar said they can't cover for the shortfall. Please lets be objective, I'm waiting, remember we are all learning here.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by nijanigga: 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
If to say naija get sense, na now we for dey pump our gas to sell and make more money
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by frowland(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
chopnaira:

You have been bursted.

You ended up disgracing yourself not me. Show us your own property/s so we can compare.
I gave you the address to my house. Send someone there and make a YouTube video. If you get there and they tell you I am home then the shame is on me right?
I guess you can’t even do that!

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by chopnaira: 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
frowland:

You ended up disgracing yourself not me. Show us your own property/s so we can compare.
I gave you the address to my house. Send someone there and make a YouTube video. If you get there and they tell you I am home then the shame is on me right?
I guess you can’t even do that!
Go and sit down car sales boy. From UK to Ipaja

Why should I show you anything. I wasn't the one claiming UK while living in a Lagos slum.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by rottennaija(m): 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
SocialJustice:
Na Europe we dey talk about not Africa. Even while the going was good, they made arrangement for a day like this.

The mistake you are making is you think America has become weak and most of the world thinks so too, no, the reason America has this stance is because Biden is a pacifist. That man does not get emotional.

The best thing to do now is wait, you could be right, I could be right, we could also be wrong. Make we observe.

Talk Wetin you know. All these ones are what you believe. There is a reason they are scrambling up and down. They don't have the alternative, not even in 5 years time.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by frowland(m): 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
chopnaira:

Go and sit down car sales boy. From UK to Ipaja

Why should I show you anything. I wasn't the one claiming UK while living in a Lagos slum.

Not a shame selling cars for a living. Sounds like a hater. Nigerians!!

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by chopnaira: 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
frowland:

Not a shame selling cars for a living. Sounds like a hater. Nigerians!!
Mr Liar, from UK to Ipaja.

Don't worry, when I need one of your high mileage, accidented/flooded and salvaged cars, I will give you a shout out so you can collect your commission.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by frowland(m): 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
chopnaira:

Don't worry, when I need one of your high mileage, accidented/flooded and salvaged cars, I will give you a shout out.

It doesn’t matter bro! I sell whatever gives me profit.
All those cars are accident and high milage as well.

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Oscillator: 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
naijapower:
This strategy will cause the Ruble to appreciate and ensure stability of the russia economy. As Germany, and other EU nations will have to source for Ruble to pay for gas.

Trading in Ruble has always been the desire of Putin and russia.

The reason why the US attack Iraq, Libya, Syrie etc was because they wanted to abandon the use of dollar for trade.
to think there are over 134 idiots domiciled in Nairaland that liked this useless Illiterate post!
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by chronique(m): 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
chopnaira:

Story don change. From UK to Ipaja.

Gowon estate below yet you claim someone in the UK lives in a slum. Acting like you live there yourself.

And also acting like you know about UK more than someone that lives there for 7 or is it 8 years

Abeg, take your L in peace.

There are nice estates in gowon estate o. Don't use this barrack as a yardstick for describing the place. This one you posted is the ghetto part built by govt back in the days for military personnel I guess.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by chopnaira: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
frowland:

It doesn’t matter bro! I sell whatever gives me profit.
All those cars are accident and high milage as well.
May God bless our hustle car sales boy Abi na middle man.

But abeg dey try lie small small. You lose nothing by telling the truth and coming clear..
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by andy82: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Walaii.... This man no just get sence. Prior to his invasion on Ukraine, a lot of people don't even know the unit of Russian currency.

Swallow your pride and allow peaceful negotiable approach to this your madness Because, as it stands you have put your country into retrogression economically undecided

You don't get it. The value of ruble will increase. Only if our government will do the same, but our politicians hmm.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tolue42(m): 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
rajiedreez:

Looooooollllllzzzzzzz, even Iran has more natural gas reserve that Qatar that has 12.5% compared to Russia 24%. Has you even thought of transportation cost. There's pipeline already laid from Russia to other other countries with little or no risk of transportation compared to shipping with vessels from Qatar to EU.

Oga sir Putin's got them by the balls

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about, Germany is the market, Russia are even the one constructing Nord stream 2 themselves... In my earlier response , I said both countries will feel the impact, but Russia will feel more. What Berlin signed with Qatar is a LONG TERM supply, pipe can be constructed. Qatar and Russia are more or less the same distance to Germany (won't go deeply into that)....
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by chopnaira: 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
chronique:

There are nice estates in gowon estate o. Don't use this barrack as a yardstick for describing the place. This one you posted is the ghetto part built by govt back in the days for military personnel I guess.
I don't believe that liar lives anywhere outside a slum I posted.

He started off lying about living in the UK. He even lied about the cars he sells. How do you expect well meaning people to believe the stuff that he claims.

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by frowland(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
chopnaira:

May God bless our hustle.

But abeg dey try lie small small. You lose nothing by telling the truth and coming clear..

Tell the truth that I am in Nigeria? This guy you have problems. I am bigger than that. I built my first house 2013, built this second one 2016, building my main final house this year. And na to go Europe come be my problem? Nigeria and Nigerians!!
I gave you my address, go there and shame me. Or send someone! It’s that simple. Stop making a mockery of yourself.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Idaytesj29(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
mployer:
He is not the sole supplier of gas.

Russia is the world's leading exporter of gas, exporting 197.2 billion cubic meters of pipeline gas in 2020, and 40.4 billion cubic meters of liquefied natural gas (LNG). As at 29th Jul 2021.

She has three gas pipelines directly connected to Europe supplying gas to them.

Nord Stream as its called, is a set of offshore natural gas pipelines in Europe, running under the Baltic Sea from Russia to Germany.
Russia sends gas to Europe through several main pipelines - such as Nord Stream 1, Yamal-Europe and Brotherhood. The gas is collected in regional storage hubs, and then distributed it across the continent.

Russia also supplies a significant volume of fossil fuels to other European countries. In 2021 it was the largest exporter of oil and natural gas to the European Union, and 40% of gas consumed in the EU came from Russia. In 2017, energy products accounted for around 60% of the EU's total imports from Russia.

There you have it bro. Russia is not ya mate!
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by chronique(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
tolue42:

My brother , please share the link here where Qatar said they can't cover for the shortfall. Please lets be objective, I'm waiting, remember we are all learning here.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/qatar-says-it-cannot-unilaterally-replace-europes-gas-needs-case-shortage-2022-02-01/
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by courage89(m): 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
rottennaija:

In how many years? We are talking about Europe surviving the next 5 years. Even if they discover Gas in Europe, it will take at least 5 years to develop the infrastructure need to extract it and set up the pipe lines and supply chain.

But heck, they will still need Russia for the metals as Russia controls about 80% of steel and Iron.

This is the absolute truth. Gas development is not easy. It takes time for production. Can the EU afford time for development and production?

I understand we are heading into the summer, which will reduce the demand for natural gas in Europe. Reason why EU can flex muscles a bit

But Winter is not far behind. Russia will have the upper hand
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tolue42(m): 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
andy82:

You don't get it. The value of ruble will increase. Only if our government will do the same, but our politicians hmm.

Oga, Ruble will become useless!

There's limited dollars inside Russia as we speak, it means all nigerians in Russia coming to Nigeria will need to use all their saving(Ruble) to buy cars or electronics and ship to Nigeria before they can get their money back... Because they can't come to Nigeria with dollars or Ruble... Can you imagine that?

You get that logic?
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by chopnaira: 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
frowland:

Tell the truth that I am in Nigeria? This guy you have problems. I am bigger than that. I built my first house 2013, built this second one 2016, building my main final house this year. And na to go Europe come be my problem? Nigeria and Nigerians!!
I gave you my address, go there and shame me. Or send someone! It’s that simple. Stop making a mockery of yourself.
I know. You also own Third mainland bridge.

Even the elegushi bridge belongs to you

You already made a mockery of yourself online not me. LMAO
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
MT:

You are missing the point. Imagine if roubles appreciate but Russia needs more dollars in their reserve to do many things which they are lacking now. It makes no sense.

International transactions are settled in dollars. Let me tell you if you don't know, when you have million of naira in your account and you pay for your air flight using your bank card. The payment is honoured because the airline knows that Nigeria has enough dollars in her reserve to settle on your behalf through the CBN. If you are a billionaire in Nigeria and there is little or no money (USD) in the country reserves, attempt to pay for flight, education abroad and anything foreign, your payment will be declined because you can't settle your bills in naira, it's CBN that must settle on your behalf in dollars from the reserve.

Russia is hurting badly, lack of access to dollars is a serious game changer

Hurting how? Stop displaying ignorance in public, Russia is not Nigeria or the UK, they produce most of their consumables, they rely on European countries for luxury items and china for other items, they have an agreement in place with China to do a Yuan/Ruble trade. The petrodollar empire is crashing, traders will tell you not to touch the USD now as its performing very poorly while the rubles have been doing great since last week

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Gertyman: 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
rottennaija:

You are wrong. Australia does have the largest deposit of Iron, and rare earth elements, and also China. so not Russia.

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by SocialJustice: 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
rottennaija:

Talk Wetin you know. All these ones are what you believe. There is a reason they are scrambling up and down. They don't have the alternative, not even in 5 years time.
I hear, sit down look na dog name. Meanwhile enjoy this picture. We will know the biggest looser in the end. Russia is a butterfly that thinks it is a bird but USA will reduce it to ant.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Syrian Army Kills 5 Turkey Soldiers. Pope Francis Prays for ‘Martyred’ in Syria / Biden Arrives Israel. / US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.