Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas (36729 Views)

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / Poland Refuses To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Macron: Putin Wants All Of Ukraine And Worse Is To Come (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by ariesbull: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
MT:

Roubles will appreciate but useless without the dollars. Russians need to procure products and services from the west but the roubles can't be converted to dollars. Russians can't get all they need within their economy.

Any gain from this move will be countered by the anticipated freeze on the Russia gold reserve being used to defend Roubles.

The West are the master of the game
freezing the good reserves would be a declaration of war and trust me America and their gay loving people wouldn't love that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by olugabbie(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
989900:
Putin grasping at straws . . . I wouldn't have thought Putin was this dumb some few months ago!

Abuse of anything: from power to pleasures, can easily seal a man's downfall.

He is getting desperate and making counter-productive and irrational decisions.

Kindly explain how this move will affect Russia negatively.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by ariesbull: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
tonyshine01:
Low self esteem dey worry you.
Why don'tyou as Aftican price your own commodities in your local currency so that your currency will be valuable as well.
Must you remain a slave to the Dollar?
Na your own come worse pass sef.
if we can Tha will be okay mumu
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Elsueno: 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
Gertyman:

Everybody does not use dollar because they want to. Bretton wood agreement in the 70's is the reason why U.S have positioned herself for this current era. Now that everyone have accepted and uses dollar to trade and even mount up several dollar in their foreign reserve, in addition to that U.S have alot of industries occupying fortune 500, and including strong military. It will take time to ditch dollar. Nobody wants to loose their money anytime soon, so it's everyone's interest that dollar should not crash, not that like dollar anymore, but they have no choice any longer. No country is ready to loose its wealth anymore. And asides, U.S is still the largest holder of Gold in the world. It's not until China can compete and not manipulate their currency anymore.

All the more reason why the US should not use it as a weapon...Even if dis Ukraine issue dies down & d sanctions are lifted.... A lot of countries would start to gradually wean off the $$,..just look at what uncle Joe did with Afghanistans frozen reserves( it was totally unfair as even d terrorists of 9/11 weren't Afghans).... Personally, I think d era of dollar dominance is coming to a close, it won't die off...but it would no longer be alone....And U.S & it's vassals plundered Iraq & Libya of thier gold reserves when they invaded( Libya gold was supposed to be used for African backed currency together with other resources)..So not surprising the US have d highest amount of Gold..

U.S had trust & power when it came to the dollar, unfortunately they let it get to thier head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by frowland(m): 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
chopnaira:

I know. You also own Third mainland bridge.

Even the elegushi bridge belongs to you

You already made a mockery of yourself online not me. LMAO

I don’t. I can never boast of what I don’t have! I have come this far and it’s by the grace of God. In another thread, I mentioned how I sold broom in the market before going to school in the morning. So life have been gracious and kind to me so far. I am contented with whatever comes my way.
I don’t need to pose in someone’s house or car to validate myself. This is me! So how about you?

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by decashempire(m): 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Walaii.... This man no just get sence. Prior to his invasion on Ukraine, a lot of people don't even know the unit of Russian currency.

Swallow your pride and allow peaceful negotiable approach to this your madness Because, as it stands you have put your country into retrogression economically undecided

Go to Russia �� and tell him .
Mr. Sense

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by harjay1986: 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Walaii.... This man no just get sence. Prior to his invasion on Ukraine, a lot of people don't even know the unit of Russian currency.

Swallow your pride and allow peaceful negotiable approach to this your madness Because, as it stands you have put your country into retrogression economically undecided

let put asside the invassion which is wrong but this idea is the best withing a year you will see dat russian currency will rise against dollar
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by gambojimeta: 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
MT:

Russia is hurting badly, lack of access to dollars is a serious game changer

AroleOduduwa2:

Hurting how?

Like seriously ?

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by 1x2x3: 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
MT:

Both the west and Russia will suffer. West needs energy, Russia needs money. There is no way the west will get the roubles to pay for Russia oil. It means the west will walk away from Russia oil and oil price in the west will soar. Russia too will be broke, with the likelihood of Russia imploding.

Read this to gain more insight, on it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/vladimir-putin-wants-europe-to-pay-for-gas-in-rubles-11648047487

I laugh, so you think walking away is as simple as abc. Cut gas supply for just a week and you will see disastrous impact it will have on Europe.

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
History555:

Who told you that d aim of this policy is to help rubles. The eu are meeting with biden to draw up plans for ditching russia oil and gas. Russia wants to inflict max pain on them b4 they do that

And get oil from where? Iran or saudi that have been lying about their reserves or the US that deceived the public to think we have enough oil, but stopped fracking because of global warming

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
[quote author=gambojimeta post=111301432][/quote]

You went on the internet to dig up a post from western msm at the beginning of the invasion, I repeat Russia is a self sufficient country, they only rely on the west for luxury items.

3 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by rajiedreez: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
tolue42:

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about, Germany is the market, Russia are even the one constructing Nord stream 2 themselves... In my earlier response , I said both countries will feel the impact, but Russia will feel more. What Berlin signed with Qatar is a LONG TERM supply, pipe can be constructed. Qatar and Russia are more or less the same distance to Germany (won't go deeply into that)....

Do you know how many EU countries buy gas from Russia? After Germany, Italy is the second largest buyer of Russian gas and they both buy almost half of Russian gas production. Other EU countries too buy o like France and smaller EU nations.
You said Qatar abi, what will happen to India, Japan and South Korea that buys almost 60% of Qatar gas? Are u telling me that the remaining 40% will be OK for former Russian gas buyers in UE.
Bros e no be as u think am o, Putin's got them by the balls

2 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by harjay1986: 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
rajiedreez:

Guy na, you said Nord 2 isn't in use, shey you forget that there's Nord Stream 1 ni that's still in use na. And e no join the ones that pass through Ukraine o

no mind that one Nord stream 2 reach Germany and it still active
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Idaytesj29(m): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
Enugurangers:

He can't. If he indeed lives in UK (A western country) as he claimed, why is he still living there. UK wouldn't miss him if he decides to relocate to Russia.

Lots of them on here are hypocrites. He is probably using a Microsoft Windows at work and typing from a Google Android phone too.

So, if he is using those gadgets, they gave him for free right? He didnt pay for them. And as a result, he should be calling red white cos he is using Microsoft. What going on here sef?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by plaindealer: 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
This man is really dumb and overated, this is the problem with delusional people, dictators, sociopaths and megalomaniacs, they are tone deaf.

You are not the only oil and gas supplier and the world is already moving away from your Oil and gas and your rubble is trash..

Russia the fake super power can not defeat small Ukraine Ukraine already killed your generals and commanders, you troops are target practice for Ukraine, Ukraine is talking back their cities, you are stalled and you've been stalled for almost 2 weeks.

You can not bomb civilians out of your predicaments..

This fool just exposed Russia as a very weak, poor, incompetent, poorly trained and badly demoralized.

What a dumb ass.m

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by PROPEACE: 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
989900:
Putin grasping at straws . . . I wouldn't have thought Putin was this dumb some few months ago!

Abuse of anything: from power to pleasures, can easily seal a man's downfall.

He is getting desperate and making counter-productive and irrational decisions.
I used to hold the guy in high esteem but now, I have verified that guy is as dumb as a rock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tolue42(m): 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
chronique:

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/qatar-says-it-cannot-unilaterally-replace-europes-gas-needs-case-shortage-2022-02-01/

Oga you're getting things twisted, we're talking about Germany here, not the whole Europe..

What Russia supply to Europe is 45% of gas.

Other countries supply's gas to Europe as well, all they need to do is to increase supply or pump, Norway and US do supply gas to UK, Saudi do supply gas to Europe as well.

RUSSIA IS NOT THE ONLY COUTRY WHERE EUROPE CAN GET GAS!
Everyone will feel the heat, but at last Europe will stop depending on Russia
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by TrueNigerian300: 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hezzyluv:

It would have been better the EU sanction russian oil and gas than using currency as weapon. As far as EU keep buying russian oil and pay with rubble this is a great win for Russia. Russia will sell rubble to them at a favorable exchange rate and that will strengthen the rubble.

Some of the sanctions they imposed on Russia are not well thought of. As far EU buy their oil Russia is the winner here. Once again Putin outsmarted them.

3 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by frowland(m): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
chopnaira:

I know. You also own Third mainland bridge.

Even the elegushi bridge belongs to you

You already made a mockery of yourself online not me. LMAO

That’s boasting?

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by gambojimeta: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

You went on the internet to dig up a post from western msm at the beginning of the invasion, I repeat Russia is a self sufficient country, they only rely on the west for luxury items.
Russian richest man told Putin not to take them back to 1917. That's a fact

Russians are fleeing Russia to Finland and some even the USA via Mexico Border: That's also a fact.

The rush for sugar and grocery is on video posted by Russia themselves: Another fact.. grin

That my friend is hurting

Watch below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vS6NJASrGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7TY5S029bU
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by KaluwisxPRO: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
When there is excess of rubble in circulation and no foreign currency that only leads to inflation, just like in Nigeria where we have limited access to USD, Russia will lose Just like Zimbabwe and Venezuela.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2022
plaindealer:
This man is really dumb and overated, this is the problem with delusional people, dictators, sociopaths and megalomaniacs, they are tone deaf.

You are not the only oil and gas supplier and the world is already moving away from your Oil and gas and your rubble is trash..

Russia the fake super power can not defeat small Ukraine Ukraine already killed your generals and commanders, you troops are target practice for Ukraine, Ukraine is talking back their cities, you are stalled and you've been stalled for almost 2 weeks.

You can not bomb civilians out of your predicaments..

This fool just exposed Russia as a very weak, poor, incompetent, poorly trained and badly demoralized.

What a dumb ass.m

As of today Germany still buys gas from Russia

Qatar told the EU the other day they can supply them the amount if gas needed.

What you don't know is Qatar and Saudi have been lying about their reserves and it will take years to get the logistics right if at all they do infact have the capacity

You probably think buying gas is the same as buying stuff on amazon, no its not.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:
When there is excess of rubble in circulation and no foreign currency that only leads to inflation, just like in Nigeria where we have limited access to USD, Russia will lose Just like Zimbabwe and Venezuela.

Haha tell me who are the trade partners of the above countries?

Now tell me the trade partners of Russia and how heavily they depend on the trade Russia offers them

Please, lets think and use our brain before commenting, no insult intended

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tolue42(m): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2022
rajiedreez:

Do you know how many EU countries buy gas from Russia? After Germany, Italy is the second largest buyer of Russian gas and they both buy almost half of Russian gas production. Other EU countries too buy o like France and smaller EU nations.
You said Qatar abi, what will happen to India, Japan and South Korea that buys almost 60% of Qatar gas? Are u telling me that the remaining 40% will be OK for former Russian gas buyers in UE.
Bros e no be as u think am o, Putin's got them by the balls

You're very funny man, alll those countries need to do is to increase pump, increase production and supply, simple as ABC!
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Idaytesj29(m): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2022
LordReed:

This is what he should have done instead of launching an Invasion with no positive outcome. Now his leverage has faded away, Europe will be even more eager to cut the energy umbilical cord since they already view the energy purchases as funding his war on Ukraine. This is the problem of having yes men surround you all the time, no person to challenge you to critical reasoning and analysis.

You think they are doing Russia a favor by buying her gas? No. Russian gas is the most reliable for Europe and most directly linked to mainland Europe. Europeans are smart people, they know this already.

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 6:36pm On Mar 23, 2022
gambojimeta:

Russian richest man told Putin not to take them back to 1917. That's a fact

Russians are fleeing Russia to Finland and some even the USA via Mexico Border: That's also a fact.

The rush for sugar and grocery is on video posted by Russia themselves: Another fact.. grin

Watch below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vS6NJASrGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7TY5S029bU

Look at the date of the YouTube link you posted, the videos are from the beginning of the invasion, just like when people stockpiled at the beginning of covid, same thing is what happened in the youtube link you posted, everything back to normal, even the MSM is not talking about any shortages in Russia
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by WarriAproko: 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
tolue42:

Of course , it won't be like business as usual, Germans will feel the impact, but Russia will feel it more. There's alternative to LPG from
Russia.

Russia is too big to feel any sanction. It will only take time but will adjust.

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tolue42(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
TrueNigerian300:

It would have been better the EU sanction russian oil and gas than using currency as weapon. As far as EU keep buying russian oil and pay with rubble this is a great win for Russia. Russia will sell rubble to them at a favorable exchange rate and that will strengthen the rubble.

Some of the sanctions they imposed on Russia are not well thought of. As far EU buy their oil Russia is the winner here. Once again Putin outsmarted them.

So how will Russia spend their Ruble in neighboring countries? Abi Russia will only export but not import?
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by tolue42(m): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2022
WarriAproko:
Russia is too big to feel any sanction. It will only take time but will adjust.

Really ? Russia will not import? All natural resources are in Russia?

Even to buy goods from China they'll use Ruble?

Even for their citizens to travel out they'll use Ruble ? Lol
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by TrueNigerian300: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
BloomingDale:

Better swallow your pride and go and buy rubles if you want to purchase Russian gas.

Don't mind him he thinks international trade is buying and selling of garri. This is a great win for Russia as far EU needs their oil and gas.EU will now have to beg Russia to buy rubble at a favorable rate.

3 Likes

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
[s]
Enugurangers:

He can't. If he indeed lives in UK (A western country) as he claimed, why is he still living there. UK wouldn't miss him if he decides to relocate to Russia.

Lots of them on here are hypocrites. He is probably using a Microsoft Windows at work and typing from a Google Android phone too.
[/s] Stupeed talk

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by AroleOduduwa2: 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
tolue42:

Really ? Russia will not import? All natural resources are in Russia?

Even to buy goods from China they'll use Ruble?

I said it, most of you don't know anything, Russia and china signed an agreement that will enable them to do a Yuan/ Ruble trade at a pegged price

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Syrian Army Kills 5 Turkey Soldiers. Pope Francis Prays for ‘Martyred’ in Syria / Biden Arrives Israel. / US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.