Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Did Obiano Work? - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Obiano Work? (56414 Views)

What Did Obiano Do To Buhari Here, And Why Is Amaechi Edging Him Out? / Difu Obiano's 6th Birthday Celebration In USA (Photos) / Wedding Of Andrew Parr And Chidiogo Akunyili In Anambra: Governor Obiano Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Oludara202: 3:01am On Jul 08, 2022
Useless post , all you did was to say Obi saved money , if you don't know anything about what he did better make some research before writing.
You think people are deceived by inflated projects that were done to enable the person loot the treasury.

2 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by juman(m): 3:02am On Jul 08, 2022
Obiano was better governor.

5 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by PoliteActivist: 3:04am On Jul 08, 2022
globemoney01:

Obiano went to EFCC cleared his name and was allowed to travel abroad.. Look at Obi's legacy, how Ndi Anambra and Nigerians will continue to remember him

I don't know who you think you are fooling with these lies. See the truth below.
Obiano was trying to sneak out of the country right after handing over.
He was granted BAIL after spending 5 days in custody!

As for Pandora, you know it is NOTHING. Everyone was on Pandora and Obi's was actually the mildest - but they couldn't find anything else on him after decades of digging!

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by juman(m): 3:05am On Jul 08, 2022
The present governor will perform better.

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by globemoney01: 3:13am On Jul 08, 2022
Oludara202:
Useless post , all you did was to say Obi saved money , if you don't know anything about what he did better make some research before writing.
You think people are deceived by inflated projects that were done to enable the person loot the treasury.
Why not post your own thread on Obi projects. Noisemakers. We dont know, show us like op has done

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Morphinne: 3:13am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Truth be told and in my opinion, Willie tried in the areas of road construction in rural areas (I know about Oyi, Umunya and Awkuzu axis. Various constructions still ongoing along that Onitsha-Akwuzu-Akwa highway) and swift salary payments (though some would argue that it is the basic/normal civil responsibility of every governor to pay salaries as and when due but Gov Yahaya and a host of other unserious elements in govt are saying hi)
None of these politicians is my favorite but at least this one try make we talk true.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Obiano Work? by globemoney01: 3:13am On Jul 08, 2022
TheMohican:

Don’t be a chicken, Anambra became an oil producer during Peter Obi’s time
Lies. Audio like the audio niger bridge

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by jaxxy(m): 3:18am On Jul 08, 2022
globemoney01:

Unlike Rochas, EFCC has not taken Obiano to court till date, instead his passport was returned and he was allowed to travel abroad. Rochas on the other hand is begging for EFCC to allow him to travel abroad for medicals so you see the difference?

Soludo met the best platform of any Anambra Governor, he met an ICC, Awka stadium which is now home to Enugu rangers, he met 13% derivation with Anambra now an oil producing state, he met IGR of over 2 billion monthly, he met one of the least indebted states in Nigeria so Obiano is not the reason he didnt hit the ground running.

All these ure saying and yet he met an empty treasury with disorganised account books? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Oyiboman69: 3:20am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Granted, Peter left N75 billion in the Coffers and N127 billion debt. Perhaps that’s his forte. He had No idea on what to do with those Billions. He was scared to sanction big projects that will bring Anambra to limelight. All he did in eight (cool years of Oil boom and strong economy was save money in the Bank. When he left, he had no much project to his name aside money in the Bank. Perhaps, that wasn’t the reason he became Governor.

In eight (cool years, Willie Obiano changed the narratives. He acknowledged that his predecessor left money in the State coffers. Obiano wasn’t an expert when it comes to saving money in the Bank. Instead, a project driven and resulted oriented Governor.

In just 4 years, Nigerian economy went on decline, dollar surged, FAAC and JAAC dropped. While many other State Governors trooped to Abuja for bailout funds and trimmed their wage Bill and workers who they described as redundant. Willie Obiano employed more ndi Anambra into the civil and public service and never owed anyone their salary. While the state of the Nation’s economy was in comatose, Willie Obiano didn’t stop constructing projects and providing succor for the ordinary.

He may not have done so well in urban roads, but he was discerning enough when it comes to rural roads. Many communities never knew what road constructions were prior to Willie Obiano administration, but today, the story has changed. Aside rural roads, He rehabilitated PHCs across Anambra State. He came up with community choose your project initiative and operation light up Anambra State which impacted the entire 180 communities in the State.

In the eight (cool years of Peter Obi, he struggled with insecurity, we remember him for the innocent lives of ndi Anambra he ordered Csp James Nwafor to dispatch to their ancestors in his bid to fight insecurity. The dead bodies of Anambra and ala Igbo young youths were thrown into Ezu River and Amansea River, yet the insecurity didn’t stop. Dr. Willie Obiano took the reigns and restored the hope of the ordinary man and would go on to make Anambra the safest State in West Africa for a long period before the recent collapse as a result of IPOB agitation and #EndSARS infractions.

And just like Soludo who said his administration will take off from Okpoko, Willie Obiano did start from Upper Iweka and till date, the effects are still visible in Onitsha and its environs.

In 2014, Anambra had a population below four (4) Million people, but in less than four (4) years, the population surged. There were influx of people into the State as a result of the opportunities that was made available by Willie Obiano administration. Today, Anambra is the second most densely populated State in Nigeria after Lagos state yet with the lowest unemployment figures. You obviously didn’t ask how Willie Obiano did the magic and sustained it for a period of eight (cool years.

Anambra IGR was a mess when Obiano took over from Obi. In just two years, Willie Obiano performed the magic and would benefit from the ease of doing business and safe environment he created in the State; Anambra became a leading pack in Internally Generated Revenue. I will still blame the Governor for not being in charge and would only trust a few men with the State Revenue who created windows and would pocket Anambra money; the EFCC must not spare these guys. They were the real virus in Obiano administration.

Willie Obiano sustained the legacy of Peter Obi in Education and even did more. For eight (cool years, the standard set by Obi didn’t drop. Money were constantly allocated to Missions to manage schools under their care. This act alone, reduced Private school dominance in Anambra State and returned the glory of public schools.

While you still feel bitter and would want the world to know that Willie Obiano had over 2000 aides; don’t forget to add that thousands won the fight and battle against poverty through that singular initiative. Graduates and bright young population who would have added to the long list of criminals and syndicates in our society were instead absorbed into governance to add their quota to the development of our dear State and in so doing earned values that would last them a lifetime. Many of those are today CEOs, Business developers, political leaders and lots more. Willie Obiano understood so well that in mixed economy and in a society where there are no much opportunities, the Government steps in to shoulder responsibilities. This he did without noise. You may choose to disagree that appointments are not for charity, but let it be on record that the human capital development is not defined by your school of thought alone.

In as much as Governor Soludo wasn’t clear about what he met in the coffer, let it be on record that Willie Obiano left many projects in place that will account for the moneys Obi left for him and these projects when utilized, would yield immediate returns to the State.

Anambra is today an Oil producing State and due for the 13% Oil Derivation entitlement. All were made possible by Dr. Willie Obiano.

While Soludo is declaring the liability he inherited, let him also declare assets he equally inherited. Let the discerning public juxtapose the Assets and Liabilities and be the judge themselves.

The EFCC ordeal of Willie Obiano is a political issue with those he stepped on their toes while in line of service and governance of our dear Anambra State.

Dr. Willie Obiano was rather an introvert who seldom discuss issues and challenges in public media. He would instead take the blames of another’s wrong and shortcoming. If he was an extrovert and microphone friendly, the narratives wouldn’t have been the same, but then, I won’t blame him for things he had no control over.

Willie Obiano deserves commendation not condemnation.
he brought in obiano to continue from where he stopped and the man did extremely well and I also believe the present Governor will play his role. Was that not why obi endorsed him in the first place?, to continue from where he stopped...

Stop this your paid demonizing of Peter obi...this your post will be needed in the efcc head quarter to counter their suspicion against your so much cherished obiano....
all these political paid agent, sitting down gathering pictures from the internet to disturb our peace.
What is the usefulness of it?...we should vote obiano for President?

4 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Mrkumareze(m): 3:34am On Jul 08, 2022
globemoney:

Shut up, the same Anambra that was kidnapping capital of Nigeria under Peter Obi? The same Anambra doctors were on strike for over one year, if you have short memory we don’t

Your yansh don open for market square. Leave a sincere legacy so when you die, people will speak good of you. How's your anambra today grin..
A friend used your Obaino's Airport, he came back to Inform me it was a warehouse cheesy he met as an airport in anambra state grin

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by globemoney01: 3:48am On Jul 08, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Your yansh don open for market square. Leave a sincere legacy so when you die, people will speak good of you. How's your anambra today grin..
A friend used your Obaino's Airport, he came back to Inform me it was a warehouse cheesy he met as an airport in anambra state grin
The airport is currently hiring, you may want to look to see if theres any vacancy you can fill instead of empty badmouthing, before you know all positions will be filled out

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Mrkumareze(m): 3:49am On Jul 08, 2022
Morphinne:

Truth be told and in my opinion, Willie tried in the areas of road construction in rural areas (I know about Oyi, Umunya and Awkuzu axis. Various constructions still ongoing along that Onitsha-Akwuzu-Akwa highway) and swift salary payments (though some would argue that it is the basic/normal civil responsibility of every governor to pay salaries as and when due but Gov Yahaya and a host of other unserious elements in govt are saying hi)
None of these politicians is my favorite but at least this one try make we talk true.

I guess you aren't familiar with the state, the axis you mentioned was done by federal government . You can Google it to confirm.
You can also read more from the link below >>https://www.google.com/amp/s/ng.opera.news/ng/en/politics/amp/5d7e9ef584ffd10cde0d886a82ddd88a

2 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by DMerciful(m): 4:02am On Jul 08, 2022
Obi is what Nigeria needs at a time like this!
Demigod22:

Pandora Peter Obi is like every other Nigerian politician, the Okorocha and others invited, have they been convicted?

Peter Obi has not done anything special the way social media hypemen are singing up and down, the Anambra he governed for eight years is not better than Kano nor Lagos, so I don't see the logic behind this Obi noise.

2 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by charleskl(m): 4:19am On Jul 08, 2022
U just showing pictures here deceiving pple....peter obi left debts for him right?..abeg watz d debt he also left behind coz for him 2 hve achieved diz projectz u mentioned, there is tendency he wud have even borrowed more than buhari coz i wonder how much is dia internal revenue and alocation..

5 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by abaste: 4:19am On Jul 08, 2022
see below

Re: Did Obiano Work? by irynterri(f): 4:37am On Jul 08, 2022
The only wrong thing Obi did was handing over to Obiano. He and his wife ate Anarmbra to stupor. Calm down with the lies and white elephant project pictures . Anarmbra was the headquarters of kidnapping, thuggery, agbero before Peter Obi, it was Peter that made that state 100% safe. I understand you are under Obiano's payroll, that doesn't mean you should try to change history. Just promote your candidate shikena.

6 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by adiori0303: 4:57am On Jul 08, 2022
I pray agajnsta an economist of a president,who will be so stingy with money to think out of the box.to take risks and improve the fortunes of the economy.
So,obiano gan sef try pass this obisakamanje

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by BluntCrazeMan: 4:57am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Anambra International Conference Center From scratch to Edifice.
In an attempt to sell Obiano,, you dragged Obi??
You're very wicked.
Re: Did Obiano Work? by aariwa(m): 5:01am On Jul 08, 2022
A 25 year old boy typing nonsense he doesn’t know anything about.How old were you when Obi left power in 2013 to know it was Obi that built the roads that connected the 166 communities in Anambra before then Anambra was the worst in everything the only good roads were Enugu Awka express , Awka road, and few major roads ukpabi Asika constructed in 1970 which buhari rehabilitated in 1996 during burial of zik as PTF chairman.I guess you were around 9 years when Jonathan came to Anambra to commission Orient oil to start oil production under Peter with all prominent Anambra people present.Oranu chidime igwe. Omor also showed Jonathan his multi billion naira company. Anything you don’t know ask your parents before you go online and start typing rubbish.I am tired of these indomie generation raised by single mothers now all over social media typing rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Hotfreezer: 5:22am On Jul 08, 2022
irynterri:
The only wrong thing Obi did was handing over to Obiano. He and his wife ate Anarmbra to stupor. Calm down with the lies and white elephant project pictures . Anarmbra was the headquarters of kidnapping, thuggery, agbero before Peter Obi, it was Peter that made that state 100% safe. I understand you are under Obiano's payroll, that doesn't mean you should try to change history. Just promote your candidate shikena.

Is it true doctors were on strike for more than a year under Peter Obi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Hotfreezer: 5:24am On Jul 08, 2022
aariwa:
A 25 year old boy typing nonsense he doesn’t know anything about.How old were you when Obi left power in 2013 to know it was Obi that built the roads that connected the 166 communities in Anambra before then Anambra was the worst in everything the only good roads were Enugu Awka express , Awka road, and few major roads ukpabi Asika constructed in 1970 which buhari rehabilitated in 1996 during burial of zik as PTF chairman.I guess you were around 9 years when Jonathan came to Anambra to commission Orient oil to start oil production under Peter with all prominent Anambra people present.Oranu chidime igwe. Omor also showed Jonathan his multi billion naira company. Anything you don’t know ask your parents before you go online and start typing rubbish.I am tired of these indomie generation raised by single mothers now all over social media typing rubbish

Why is it that Soludo and Obiano are not really keying into the Obi candidacy. Soludo has been knocking his campaign.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Advocate500: 5:24am On Jul 08, 2022
Oga rest ,you are not wiser than millions of anambarian that have been complaining that obiano did nothing to them,let him go and answer effcc first ,probably show them some of this propaganda called project.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Obiano Work? by vikiphy89(m): 5:38am On Jul 08, 2022
globemoney01:

Atleast you have changed position, confused clown. Obi is not my nightmare, its people like you that have refused to accept he performed far less than Obiano that have made me their nightmare.
A prayer of a father is for his son to achieve more than him, so all this ur advertise is dead on arrival
Re: Did Obiano Work? by ogatboy(m): 5:39am On Jul 08, 2022
globemoney01:

Why not post your own thread on Obi projects. Noisemakers. We dont know, show us like op has done

Una wan clean Obiano image. Lol. EFCC will tell us the facts. The question of airport was if Anambra needed an airport when Asaba that is close by had an airport? I think Nigeria has to be smart in implementing projects
Re: Did Obiano Work? by WhatCanIsay(m): 5:42am On Jul 08, 2022
globemoney01:

Oga face your front. Obiano is our best and must be protected at all cost. You have not seen in any Obi thread of late so you should have avoided this thread.
We will not allow our best to be destroyed on the alter of 2023 politics.
This is Anambra thread

Some of you act as people lacking akọnuche! Obi is your best, Obiano is your best. Your enemy fixed a wrestling match between two brothers, and here you are stupidly displaying your disgusting linens.

Looking for every slight opportunity to discredit your brother to get accolades from your enemy... Akologheri.

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Diligence: 5:51am On Jul 08, 2022
These distracted and propagandists should be ashamed already.

You wanted Anambra to be like Lagos where Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode and now Sanwo Olu are amassing debts upon debts and when you compare what is on ground vs what was borrowed you see real fraud.

Listen to Babatunde Badamosi on how Lagos has been misappropriating funds meant for 10 lanes road, railway project from Badagry to Orile to CMS.

E.g. on paper and funds released, the railway project was to start from Okokomaiko to CMS, BUT ALAS, the railway stopped at Mile 2. Listen to Babatunde Badamosi and you will weep for Lagos State!

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Cutehector(m): 5:52am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Granted, Peter left N75 billion in the Coffers and N127 billion debt. Perhaps that’s his forte. He had No idea on what to do with those Billions. He was scared to sanction big projects that will bring Anambra to limelight. All he did in eight (cool years of Oil boom and strong economy was save money in the Bank. When he left, he had no much project to his name aside money in the Bank. Perhaps, that wasn’t the reason he became Governor.

In eight (cool years, Willie Obiano changed the narratives. He acknowledged that his predecessor left money in the State coffers. Obiano wasn’t an expert when it comes to saving money in the Bank. Instead, a project driven and resulted oriented Governor.

In just 4 years, Nigerian economy went on decline, dollar surged, FAAC and JAAC dropped. While many other State Governors trooped to Abuja for bailout funds and trimmed their wage Bill and workers who they described as redundant. Willie Obiano employed more ndi Anambra into the civil and public service and never owed anyone their salary. While the state of the Nation’s economy was in comatose, Willie Obiano didn’t stop constructing projects and providing succor for the ordinary.

He may not have done so well in urban roads, but he was discerning enough when it comes to rural roads. Many communities never knew what road constructions were prior to Willie Obiano administration, but today, the story has changed. Aside rural roads, He rehabilitated PHCs across Anambra State. He came up with community choose your project initiative and operation light up Anambra State which impacted the entire 180 communities in the State.

In the eight (cool years of Peter Obi, he struggled with insecurity, we remember him for the innocent lives of ndi Anambra he ordered Csp James Nwafor to dispatch to their ancestors in his bid to fight insecurity. The dead bodies of Anambra and ala Igbo young youths were thrown into Ezu River and Amansea River, yet the insecurity didn’t stop. Dr. Willie Obiano took the reigns and restored the hope of the ordinary man and would go on to make Anambra the safest State in West Africa for a long period before the recent collapse as a result of IPOB agitation and #EndSARS infractions.

And just like Soludo who said his administration will take off from Okpoko, Willie Obiano did start from Upper Iweka and till date, the effects are still visible in Onitsha and its environs.

In 2014, Anambra had a population below four (4) Million people, but in less than four (4) years, the population surged. There were influx of people into the State as a result of the opportunities that was made available by Willie Obiano administration. Today, Anambra is the second most densely populated State in Nigeria after Lagos state yet with the lowest unemployment figures. You obviously didn’t ask how Willie Obiano did the magic and sustained it for a period of eight (cool years.

Anambra IGR was a mess when Obiano took over from Obi. In just two years, Willie Obiano performed the magic and would benefit from the ease of doing business and safe environment he created in the State; Anambra became a leading pack in Internally Generated Revenue. I will still blame the Governor for not being in charge and would only trust a few men with the State Revenue who created windows and would pocket Anambra money; the EFCC must not spare these guys. They were the real virus in Obiano administration.

Willie Obiano sustained the legacy of Peter Obi in Education and even did more. For eight (cool years, the standard set by Obi didn’t drop. Money were constantly allocated to Missions to manage schools under their care. This act alone, reduced Private school dominance in Anambra State and returned the glory of public schools.

While you still feel bitter and would want the world to know that Willie Obiano had over 2000 aides; don’t forget to add that thousands won the fight and battle against poverty through that singular initiative. Graduates and bright young population who would have added to the long list of criminals and syndicates in our society were instead absorbed into governance to add their quota to the development of our dear State and in so doing earned values that would last them a lifetime. Many of those are today CEOs, Business developers, political leaders and lots more. Willie Obiano understood so well that in mixed economy and in a society where there are no much opportunities, the Government steps in to shoulder responsibilities. This he did without noise. You may choose to disagree that appointments are not for charity, but let it be on record that the human capital development is not defined by your school of thought alone.

In as much as Governor Soludo wasn’t clear about what he met in the coffer, let it be on record that Willie Obiano left many projects in place that will account for the moneys Obi left for him and these projects when utilized, would yield immediate returns to the State.

Anambra is today an Oil producing State and due for the 13% Oil Derivation entitlement. All were made possible by Dr. Willie Obiano.

While Soludo is declaring the liability he inherited, let him also declare assets he equally inherited. Let the discerning public juxtapose the Assets and Liabilities and be the judge themselves.

The EFCC ordeal of Willie Obiano is a political issue with those he stepped on their toes while in line of service and governance of our dear Anambra State.

Dr. Willie Obiano was rather an introvert who seldom discuss issues and challenges in public media. He would instead take the blames of another’s wrong and shortcoming. If he was an extrovert and microphone friendly, the narratives wouldn’t have been the same, but then, I won’t blame him for things he had no control over.

Willie Obiano deserves commendation not condemnation.
bros if you like, talk about how Peter Obi no do anything, we go still vote am. Mchew.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (32) (Reply)

Herdsmen Kill Scores Of People In Benue / Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is / Maiduguri Is Currently Under Attack By Boko Haram Militants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.