Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Did Obiano Work? - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Obiano Work? (56410 Views)

What Did Obiano Do To Buhari Here, And Why Is Amaechi Edging Him Out? / Difu Obiano's 6th Birthday Celebration In USA (Photos) / Wedding Of Andrew Parr And Chidiogo Akunyili In Anambra: Governor Obiano Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Obiano Work? by irynterri(f): 6:07am On Jul 08, 2022
Hotfreezer:

Is it true doctors were on strike for more than a year under Peter Obi?
yes, it is true, I think 13months. Obi built ultra-modern hospitals back then and upgraded some of the hospitals to teaching hospitals. The strike had to do with salaries, He wasn't owing them, he was even paying them during the strike. I can't remember be full details but it had something to do with the FG's recommendation for doctors' salaries and Obi said he couldn't pay 100% the FG amount, I think they later settled for a percentage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Obiano Work? by haffaze777(m): 6:10am On Jul 08, 2022
Zorn:
So you couldn't come out with better tactics than to bring up Obiano vs Peter Obi's comparison? Try harder you fool .

Your people at home

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by DonBenny77(m): 6:12am On Jul 08, 2022
No be by posting picture oh!
Re: Did Obiano Work? by Chikeluba25(m): 6:22am On Jul 08, 2022
ogatboy:

Una wan clean Obiano image. Lol. EFCC will tell us the facts. The question of airport was if Anambra needed an airport when Asaba that is close by had an airport? I think Nigeria has to be smart in implementing projects
Lol. Which EFCC? The same EFCC that free him and release his travel documents after finding him not guilty... Since the enemies can't come up with evidence to back up their lies.

I thought that by now you must have visited EFCC office with evidence of how Obiano embezzled the state fun?

Did EFCC charge Obiano for any crime?
Did EFCC take him to court like in the case of Rochas and others?

The answer is no.

So why are you beating your chest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 6:30am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:

Obiano government attracted many foreign and local investors. Many companies and industries including Seahorse, Donclimax, Obijackson group, Coscharies farm, Tiger food and beverage, etc were all Obiano effect.

Obiano built many market as well including southeast largest shoe makers market and factory at Nkwelle.
good for him, but we will all be OBIDIENT come 2023. Your narration won't change anything.

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Chikeluba25(m): 6:31am On Jul 08, 2022
Willie Obiano built Anambra airport is currently hiring. For those beating their chest all in the name of attacking Willie Obiano, you can check to know is their is any vacancy for you...

We are not here to join issue with anybody whether Obiano work or not. Good work speaks for itself.

One governor saved money in the bank
while another increased his state GDP amidst economic meltdown, creat job for his people, and invested heavily in Oil and gas, Aviation, and Agriculture.
Las Las which of them meet the needs of his people?

1 Share

Re: Did Obiano Work? by irynterri(f): 6:31am On Jul 08, 2022
globemoney01:

The airport is currently hiring, you may want to look to see if theres any vacancy you can fill instead of empty badmouthing, before you know all positions will be filled out
If half of what Peter Obi did in Anarmbra state was done in Imo State, by now we would have been worshipping him. Obiano tried his best, but many people will call it below par because of the standard Ngige and Peter Obi had set. It is an error to mention Obiano where you have Peter Obi and Ngige. If Obiano had been a governor in Imo or Abia, he would have been marked above average because leadership in those states are a mess, but not so in Anarmbra. However, there's also a possibility you were very young during Obi's tenure or you were not in Anarmbra. Mana, chetekwa na , nwanne ekwesiri I na-erogbu nwanne. O diri nwanne anyi mma, o ga diri anyi niile mma. Just campaign for Obiano, but please don't compare him with Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 6:32am On Jul 08, 2022
globemoney:

Shut up, the same Anambra that was kidnapping capital of Nigeria under Peter Obi? The same Anambra doctors were on strike for over one year, if you have short memory we don’t
If you like write 7000 pages of negative narration. we all are OBIDIENT come 2023

2 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by scana042: 6:33am On Jul 08, 2022
When a governor is sworn in Nigeria the first thing we hear is, I met an empty treasury, but you confirmed that PO left 75B Naira ( USD). all you said that Obiano achieved was possible because of the Financial stability OBI left for him and the liability was just abt N3b no contractor was been owned Shi SHI, Schools and health sector was working very well. I relocated to Anambra frm Lagos because of the changes P.Obi made in Anambra. You can GO AND VERIFY.
No MAN CAN STOP A MAN HIS TIME HAS COME, THIS IS the time for NIGERIAN YOUTHS AND PETER OBI BABA AHMED ARE THE PILOTS !!! We are tired of hiring molue drivers to fly aeroplane in NIGERIA.

NO CHEAP BLACK MAIL CAN Ever STOP THE massiveWAVE FOLLOWING PETEROBI- BABA AHMED ! It's Divine!

HOW OLD ARE YOU MY DEAR ?
AND YOU ARE ROUTING FOR GRANDFathers without proper formal Education TO RUN YOUR LIFE FOR THE NEXT 8YRS?
HABA!!!
*MY DEAR SUFFER NO DEY TIRE YOU?*

3 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by redcliff: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Willie Obiano performed well. Today Anambra has join the league of oil producing state, Anambra finally has an airport,etc... Just like in the case of Jonathan, Anambra people will understand they sacrifice Obiano government made when coming administration will start enjoying the benefit of his effect.

The aim of this your post was to down play pitobi, we can see that but if obi no leave the amount wey him leave where obiano for see money wey him use do projects. No Obi slander will be tolerated. Getout from here you bad belle put-him-down efulefu.

3 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 6:38am On Jul 08, 2022
haffaze777:
God bless Obiano
God bless obiano and peter obi for laying the foundation for obiano. We all shall be OBIDIENT come 2023

2 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by 9icetoo(m): 6:39am On Jul 08, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Stop saying rubbish, we all lived in anambra, we know how life is in general during Peter Obi.. roads and drainage were well constructed in every community. Sanitation was cute, Agboros were no where like it was during Obaino.
Many factories came into existence as a result of Obis government .. from bridge head to ogbinike axis, we all know how it was before obi came, even upper Iweka towards owerri Road...

Modi..I went to awka last month to catch fun, I was disappointed. No single motorable road, our ever busy Abakirike street has become a nightmare. Driving through temp site to Isu, I spent over 3 hours on traffic.
I left awka in shame, n never to visit anytime soon cos I nearly lost my vehicle suspension system there ...
The criminals Anambrarians are suffering today is a legacy Obaino left. His wife recruited all Touts available to her, made them Agboros, every junction, express n non express road and markets became their point of extortion. Keke and bus drivers became their victims ..
Its countless the number of time Truck drivers protested the contanst harassment and accident caused by Obaino's agboros..
Please, no one should remind us of Obaino cos even Buhari is a Saint, compared to him...

Don't mind that stupid OP who has never been to Anambra.

During Peter obis time, I could drive from my town to any other town in Anambra on tarred road.

There were no touts.

Drainages were too notch.

Awka was a bubbling safe town to visit and have fun

Rainy season was not dreaded.

Schools were built.

Industries were set up.

The state created an enabling environment for industries to thrive and thrive they did.

OP should name one single rural road (with standard quality) that obiano built.

The link road he built between onitsha awka expressway and abagana has already started failing. Something that was completed just last year.

Tufiakwa.

The pot holes in awka town will swallow a mini bus.

Awka expansion was done under peter obi. Willie has not added a single new layout to the master plan started by Peter obi in the urban renewal of awka.

Useless topic.

May Anambra not see the likes of Obiano again.

4 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by TinubuAdvocate1: 6:45am On Jul 08, 2022
globemoney01:

Because Obi built China roads. The roads built by Akpabio, Fashola, Ameachi etc are still in good condition till date
which all roads built by Fashola are still good? Oga you no Dey Lagos
Re: Did Obiano Work? by OKC22: 6:45am On Jul 08, 2022
Without industrialization and agricultural revolution there will be no meaningful economic growth.All these infrastructure he built are simply called amenities which are the primary responsibilities of any government.

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Xfemt(m): 6:48am On Jul 08, 2022
grin grin
Dem done come with another one smiley

E go tire ona

Just imagine say na thieftinubu live such money in state coffers we no go hear word and now it Obi they say he did nothing instead to use the money

Confused Winches and witzard of Nigeria

The same propaganda was use to dislodge Gej and they think it will work on Obi
You lie

2023 will shock you people

The same Obiano that was arrested by efcc the very day his tenure finish when he wanted to escape with his corrupt loot

Make ona continue e go tire ona grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Sunday2021: 6:49am On Jul 08, 2022
Chido26:

I understand that you are working for your money, let's wait till Efcc is done with him, maybe only then will can cheer or boo him. Have you ever Wondered why Obi is still admired every where he goes till date, our people says Ezi afa ka ego. Thanks
atleast the guy has shown us pictures and we can see very well what he is talking about, but you are just hailing Peter Obi without any evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Obiano Work? by TinubuAdvocate1: 6:52am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Granted, Peter left N75 billion in the Coffers and N127 billion debt. Perhaps that’s his forte. He had No idea on what to do with those Billions. He was scared to sanction big projects that will bring Anambra to limelight. All he did in eight (cool years of Oil boom and strong economy was save money in the Bank. When he left, he had no much project to his name aside money in the Bank. Perhaps, that wasn’t the reason he became Governor.

In eight (cool years, Willie Obiano changed the narratives. He acknowledged that his predecessor left money in the State coffers. Obiano wasn’t an expert when it comes to saving money in the Bank. Instead, a project driven and resulted oriented Governor.

In just 4 years, Nigerian economy went on decline, dollar surged, FAAC and JAAC dropped. While many other State Governors trooped to Abuja for bailout funds and trimmed their wage Bill and workers who they described as redundant. Willie Obiano employed more ndi Anambra into the civil and public service and never owed anyone their salary. While the state of the Nation’s economy was in comatose, Willie Obiano didn’t stop constructing projects and providing succor for the ordinary.

He may not have done so well in urban roads, but he was discerning enough when it comes to rural roads. Many communities never knew what road constructions were prior to Willie Obiano administration, but today, the story has changed. Aside rural roads, He rehabilitated PHCs across Anambra State. He came up with community choose your project initiative and operation light up Anambra State which impacted the entire 180 communities in the State.

In the eight (cool years of Peter Obi, he struggled with insecurity, we remember him for the innocent lives of ndi Anambra he ordered Csp James Nwafor to dispatch to their ancestors in his bid to fight insecurity. The dead bodies of Anambra and ala Igbo young youths were thrown into Ezu River and Amansea River, yet the insecurity didn’t stop. Dr. Willie Obiano took the reigns and restored the hope of the ordinary man and would go on to make Anambra the safest State in West Africa for a long period before the recent collapse as a result of IPOB agitation and #EndSARS infractions.

And just like Soludo who said his administration will take off from Okpoko, Willie Obiano did start from Upper Iweka and till date, the effects are still visible in Onitsha and its environs.

In 2014, Anambra had a population below four (4) Million people, but in less than four (4) years, the population surged. There were influx of people into the State as a result of the opportunities that was made available by Willie Obiano administration. Today, Anambra is the second most densely populated State in Nigeria after Lagos state yet with the lowest unemployment figures. You obviously didn’t ask how Willie Obiano did the magic and sustained it for a period of eight (cool years.

Anambra IGR was a mess when Obiano took over from Obi. In just two years, Willie Obiano performed the magic and would benefit from the ease of doing business and safe environment he created in the State; Anambra became a leading pack in Internally Generated Revenue. I will still blame the Governor for not being in charge and would only trust a few men with the State Revenue who created windows and would pocket Anambra money; the EFCC must not spare these guys. They were the real virus in Obiano administration.

Willie Obiano sustained the legacy of Peter Obi in Education and even did more. For eight (cool years, the standard set by Obi didn’t drop. Money were constantly allocated to Missions to manage schools under their care. This act alone, reduced Private school dominance in Anambra State and returned the glory of public schools.

While you still feel bitter and would want the world to know that Willie Obiano had over 2000 aides; don’t forget to add that thousands won the fight and battle against poverty through that singular initiative. Graduates and bright young population who would have added to the long list of criminals and syndicates in our society were instead absorbed into governance to add their quota to the development of our dear State and in so doing earned values that would last them a lifetime. Many of those are today CEOs, Business developers, political leaders and lots more. Willie Obiano understood so well that in mixed economy and in a society where there are no much opportunities, the Government steps in to shoulder responsibilities. This he did without noise. You may choose to disagree that appointments are not for charity, but let it be on record that the human capital development is not defined by your school of thought alone.

In as much as Governor Soludo wasn’t clear about what he met in the coffer, let it be on record that Willie Obiano left many projects in place that will account for the moneys Obi left for him and these projects when utilized, would yield immediate returns to the State.

Anambra is today an Oil producing State and due for the 13% Oil Derivation entitlement. All were made possible by Dr. Willie Obiano.

While Soludo is declaring the liability he inherited, let him also declare assets he equally inherited. Let the discerning public juxtapose the Assets and Liabilities and be the judge themselves.

The EFCC ordeal of Willie Obiano is a political issue with those he stepped on their toes while in line of service and governance of our dear Anambra State.

Dr. Willie Obiano was rather an introvert who seldom discuss issues and challenges in public media. He would instead take the blames of another’s wrong and shortcoming. If he was an extrovert and microphone friendly, the narratives wouldn’t have been the same, but then, I won’t blame him for things he had no control over.

Willie Obiano deserves commendation not condemnation.
Peter Obi didn’t work and yet he was recognized by all these bodies abi? You know better than them? That money wey you collect go soon choke you!

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 08, 2022
GenBuhari:
Can somebody help me to explain to my Grandmother in the village how the International Conference centre would impact her life positively?

It's the ICC that's your problem now? Obviously, Obiano performed way better than your Obi. If you think otherwise, prove it.
Re: Did Obiano Work? by TinubuAdvocate1: 6:56am On Jul 08, 2022
globemoney01:

Obiano is a failure but you noisemakers can’t open a full thread listing Obis audio achievements apart from lies and fake investment stories. Obiano remains Anambra best
I can see how insensible many of you are. Didn’t Buhari do more physical project than obasanjo and Jonathan?
But say the truth which government did you prefer?
Re: Did Obiano Work? by freshpzy1(m): 6:56am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Before now the ordeal of Anambra corps member getting to the old orientation camp was a very unpleasant one. Apart from the fact that the old camp ground is in the middle of a thick forest; the road leading to the camp is not accessible coupled with the fact that Umunya axis of Enugu/Onitsha expressway is not motorable. Even though Obiano's predecessor was so close to Johnathan led FG, yet he could not get them to fix the road which (I land) has now been fixed by Buhari led FG under Obiano's watch.

wait oooooo

in the pictures under this post

i can see shiny tiles in corpers lodge

i no match tiles when i served

this is truly comendable

pls someone should post a thread that showcases OBI's achievements

i want to check something grin
Re: Did Obiano Work? by TinubuAdvocate1: 6:57am On Jul 08, 2022
Let me ask you all a very good question.
Didn’t Buhari do more physical and infrastructural project than both Obasanjo and Jonathan?
But to say the truth which government do you prefer? Make una answer una self

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Otiwaikuku: 7:01am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Granted, Peter left N75 billion in the Coffers and N127 billion debt. Perhaps that’s his forte. He had No idea on what to do with those Billions. He was scared to sanction big projects that will bring Anambra to limelight. All he did in eight (cool years of Oil boom and strong economy was save money in the Bank. When he left, he had no much project to his name aside money in the Bank. Perhaps, that wasn’t the reason he became Governor.

In eight (cool years, Willie Obiano changed the narratives. He acknowledged that his predecessor left money in the State coffers. Obiano wasn’t an expert when it comes to saving money in the Bank. Instead, a project driven and resulted oriented Governor.

In just 4 years, Nigerian economy went on decline, dollar surged, FAAC and JAAC dropped. While many other State Governors trooped to Abuja for bailout funds and trimmed their wage Bill and workers who they described as redundant. Willie Obiano employed more ndi Anambra into the civil and public service and never owed anyone their salary. While the state of the Nation’s economy was in comatose, Willie Obiano didn’t stop constructing projects and providing succor for the ordinary.

He may not have done so well in urban roads, but he was discerning enough when it comes to rural roads. Many communities never knew what road constructions were prior to Willie Obiano administration, but today, the story has changed. Aside rural roads, He rehabilitated PHCs across Anambra State. He came up with community choose your project initiative and operation light up Anambra State which impacted the entire 180 communities in the State.

In the eight (cool years of Peter Obi, he struggled with insecurity, we remember him for the innocent lives of ndi Anambra he ordered Csp James Nwafor to dispatch to their ancestors in his bid to fight insecurity. The dead bodies of Anambra and ala Igbo young youths were thrown into Ezu River and Amansea River, yet the insecurity didn’t stop. Dr. Willie Obiano took the reigns and restored the hope of the ordinary man and would go on to make Anambra the safest State in West Africa for a long period before the recent collapse as a result of IPOB agitation and #EndSARS infractions.

And just like Soludo who said his administration will take off from Okpoko, Willie Obiano did start from Upper Iweka and till date, the effects are still visible in Onitsha and its environs.

In 2014, Anambra had a population below four (4) Million people, but in less than four (4) years, the population surged. There were influx of people into the State as a result of the opportunities that was made available by Willie Obiano administration. Today, Anambra is the second most densely populated State in Nigeria after Lagos state yet with the lowest unemployment figures. You obviously didn’t ask how Willie Obiano did the magic and sustained it for a period of eight (cool years.

Anambra IGR was a mess when Obiano took over from Obi. In just two years, Willie Obiano performed the magic and would benefit from the ease of doing business and safe environment he created in the State; Anambra became a leading pack in Internally Generated Revenue. I will still blame the Governor for not being in charge and would only trust a few men with the State Revenue who created windows and would pocket Anambra money; the EFCC must not spare these guys. They were the real virus in Obiano administration.

Willie Obiano sustained the legacy of Peter Obi in Education and even did more. For eight (cool years, the standard set by Obi didn’t drop. Money were constantly allocated to Missions to manage schools under their care. This act alone, reduced Private school dominance in Anambra State and returned the glory of public schools.

While you still feel bitter and would want the world to know that Willie Obiano had over 2000 aides; don’t forget to add that thousands won the fight and battle against poverty through that singular initiative. Graduates and bright young population who would have added to the long list of criminals and syndicates in our society were instead absorbed into governance to add their quota to the development of our dear State and in so doing earned values that would last them a lifetime. Many of those are today CEOs, Business developers, political leaders and lots more. Willie Obiano understood so well that in mixed economy and in a society where there are no much opportunities, the Government steps in to shoulder responsibilities. This he did without noise. You may choose to disagree that appointments are not for charity, but let it be on record that the human capital development is not defined by your school of thought alone.

In as much as Governor Soludo wasn’t clear about what he met in the coffer, let it be on record that Willie Obiano left many projects in place that will account for the moneys Obi left for him and these projects when utilized, would yield immediate returns to the State.

Anambra is today an Oil producing State and due for the 13% Oil Derivation entitlement. All were made possible by Dr. Willie Obiano.

While Soludo is declaring the liability he inherited, let him also declare assets he equally inherited. Let the discerning public juxtapose the Assets and Liabilities and be the judge themselves.

The EFCC ordeal of Willie Obiano is a political issue with those he stepped on their toes while in line of service and governance of our dear Anambra State.

Dr. Willie Obiano was rather an introvert who seldom discuss issues and challenges in public media. He would instead take the blames of another’s wrong and shortcoming. If he was an extrovert and microphone friendly, the narratives wouldn’t have been the same, but then, I won’t blame him for things he had no control over.

Willie Obiano deserves commendation not condemnation.

Why is PETER OBI giving you guys much worries?
PO is never in the same level with Obiano and they can't be compared.PO left office as governor over 8 years ago but his foot prints is still very clear for all to see.
Obiano was a disaster in Anambra State.The only landmark project was the airport which he did just to save face .Can you guys tell us the actual cost of the airport?He inflated the cost so he can cover up the funds he looted.
Did you forget that during the time of Peter Obi as governor Anambra state was adjoined the best with road network.Willie was only working on the pages of newspaper and online.Most of the roads that Obiano said he did, was only done in papers.
Peter Obi met arrears of pensions and salaries but he cleared them all without borrowing a Kobo.The state and condition Obiano left the state Treasury can't be imagined.
The security network during PO era was top-notch.Can you compare the sanitary condition of the state during PO time and Obiano? Up till now Soludo can't clean up the mess Obiano left.Tell me the part of the state dustbins are not blocking roads?
Peter Obi type is not many in the world.
You APGA guys should everly be grateful to Peter Obi,if not him who would have brought APGA to Lime light? He spent his personal fund to pursue his stolen mandate even when many of the party hierachy were ready to do business with govt in power then.
PETER OBI is a moving train either you get out of the way or you get crushed.
BE OBIDIENT

4 Likes

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Chikeluba25(m): 7:02am On Jul 08, 2022
OKC22:
Without industrialization and agricultural revolution there will be no meaningful economic growth.All these infrastructure he built are simply called amenities which are the primary responsibilities of any government.
Well said. Visit Page5, 9, 10 to see Obiano massive achievement on Agriculture, and industrialization.

Page1 to 14 have answers to every question about good leadership.
God bless you for this comment

Re: Did Obiano Work? by TotalRunter: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Stop saying rubbish, we all lived in anambra, we know how life is in general during Peter Obi.. roads and drainage were well constructed in every community. Sanitation was cute, Agboros were no where like it was during Obaino.
Many factories came into existence as a result of Obis government .. from bridge head to ogbinike axis, we all know how it was before obi came, even upper Iweka towards owerri Road...

Modi..I went to awka last month to catch fun, I was disappointed. No single motorable road, our ever busy Abakirike street has become a nightmare. Driving through temp site to Isu, I spent over 3 hours on traffic.
I left awka in shame, n never to visit anytime soon cos I nearly lost my vehicle suspension system there ...
The criminals Anambrarians are suffering today is a legacy Obaino left. His wife recruited all Touts available to her, made them Agboros, every junction, express n non express road and markets became their point of extortion. Keke and bus drivers became their victims ..
Its countless the number of time Truck drivers protested the contanst harassment and accident caused by Obaino's agboros..
Please, no one should remind us of Obaino cos even Buhari is a Saint, compared to him...

Thanks for the accurate information, the op is a disgrace then
Re: Did Obiano Work? by egbeocha(m): 7:08am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:
How Obiano built Agulu Lake hotel/Resort from dust to luxury...

Biaa mister man, am from Agulu and from the same village Resort was built. Obi started and completed the stuff but couldn't commissioned it. Pls dis ur narration here is wrong, go and correct it.

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by oyeb15: 7:10am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:

Obiano government attracted many foreign and local investors. Many companies and industries including Seahorse, Donclimax, Obijackson group, Coscharies farm, Tiger food and beverage, etc were all Obiano effect. Visit page9 -10

Obiano built many market as well including southeast largest shoe makers market and factory at Nkwelle. Gradually you are now pushing the blame from Obiano to his wife. This shows how confused you are.

One governor claimed he saved money in the bank amidst economic boom

While Another One increased his state GDP amidst economic meltdown, create job, Invested heavily in Oil and gas, Aviation, and Agriculture.

Which of the two achieved his purpose of being elected as a governor? Which of the two met the need of his people?

Quick reminder: Anambra Airport is recruiting, you can check maybe there is vacancy for you at least to keep you busy instead of beating your chest on nairaland from morning till night.
Dalu

Thanks. The one that saved his state money with his bank that he worked as chairman be4 becoming governor. Feidelity bank. Who is benefiting

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Otiwaikuku: 7:20am On Jul 08, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Willie Obiano performed well. Today Anambra has join the league of oil producing state, Anambra finally has an airport,etc... Just like in the case of Jonathan, Anambra people will understand they sacrifice Obiano government made when coming administration will start enjoying the benefit of his effect.
Peter Obi's rising political profile has suddenly become a threat to some people. I have noticed that many APGA, APC & PDP supporters have gone to 'World Institute of Research', making frantic efforts to come up with what they will use to tarnish the image of this rare gem that has walked through our political landscape unblemished, even though the man has said severally that he is not a saint.

Nigerians, if you people want saints, you can go to heaven & bring them to come & govern you. But, let us appreciate the quasi saints we have for now.

Do you know what?

From their researches so far, they could not find where Peter Obi's name was written on EFCC black book of corrupt persons. They could not discover where he took bribe on halliburton scandal. They could not find his name in Siemens scandal or Malabu oil deal.

They could not trace any house linking him to corrupt enrichment when in office as governor. They could not link him to anything similar to Alpha Beta. They could not see where he annexed 25% of lands in Awka, Anambra State, earning him the title "Anambra Landlord".

As I write, they are still researching. He has told you that as governor, he rejected landed properties offered to him in his capacity a governor. That he has not received any dime as the so called 'bogus pension' other former governors used to collect. Have you researched about it?

Can we assemble other candidates, who were former this & that in govt & let us examine their financial status before, during & after their entrance into politics.
Let us compare them with that of Peter Obi & know....

1.Which businesses they ran before joining politics.

2. What was their financial muscles then, vis-à-vis their worth.

3. Who ran the most transparent govt as governor or any other position like V.P.

4. Who among them have collected & been collecting bogus pensions?

5. How many houses/businesses they had before joining politics & how many they have after?

6. How much did they have in their bank accounts before joining politics & how much after?

6. Their performance as governors vis-à-vis their resources?

I want to say that Peter Obi is not a threat to anybody or politician, but a threat to what they represent. He is changing the narratives. And you can see, everybody is falling in line.

* Issue based campaign.

*From consumption to production is the code*

*Those against his candidacy, are you not tired of those old faces? Majority of you have been ostracised from governance by* *successive govts. Some are in different IDP camp as I write this.*

*Peter Obi is is not a threat, rather a first class & refined 21st century cosmopolitan guy who doesn't have time for frivolities. Pass the good message to those against him, that they are bound to be the major beneficiaries of Obi govt come 2023.*

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by egbeocha(m): 7:20am On Jul 08, 2022
Did I even heard OP mentioned light roads across anambra...... Hahahaha grin grin angry, majority those of lightning road projects now have plunged into total darkness for ages now.

1 Like

Re: Did Obiano Work? by donbrowser(m): 7:20am On Jul 08, 2022
NwaforIgbo:
I'm not from Anambra state, but based on statistics and generally known fact, Anambra was at the very low and lowest low when Obi took over. The state was an Eyesore. From Asaba to Onitsha was literally from Heaven to hell as described by Obi.

He built the foundation for good governance and took out political rogues like Andy Uba and Co from the state coffers. You won't understand what this means in laying the foundation of good governance.

Mention any governor that left that much amount of money aside Obi I'm Nigeria. None.

He laid the foundation of many project that Obiano later commissioned expeciaslly Onitsha mall and Sab Miller. Most of the projects u even attribute to Obiano are private biz like the coscharis and Lynden farms and also the Awka Millinium City.

If IGr and population increased during Obiano tenure it only means one thing, Obi did well and handed over a stable state to Obiano.

You can't mention Obiano success without talking about Obi's prudence and solid foundation that he laid. This is what we call continuity of government.

There's is no basis for comparing Obi and Obiano. The coming governor has to do better than the outgoing. If u remove obi's effort, u will take Anambra 20 years behind, Appreciate that.

Obi was the first and only governor to build a fund and build a 10 lane road.

He renovated the upper iweka round about.

He built a befitting state Secretariat.

He took Anambra from the bottom 10 state with bad education to the first. He transformed the educational sector. Cleared owed Pensions and salaries.

Mention one governor that left office in this glorious way and I'll believe u that Obi is overrated.

Yar'Adua built airport and still left money in his state. That's just to mention a few. OBI is just a hype. Nothing more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Obiano Work? by Lamasta(m): 7:22am On Jul 08, 2022
djon78:

As in you can imagine

These guys are not ashamed at all

A good market sells itself

They have nothing on Peter Obi

Obiano squandered money Peter Obi left

Soludo said Anambra State no get money

Today 3.3 billion Naira budget on education was cut to 1.3 billion because the state is broke

Peter Obi left massive billions for obiano
What did he leave for soludo?

He left hardship hardship and insecurity to Ndi-anambrans

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (32) (Reply)

Abisola Ajimobi Kola-Daisi: I Place Napkin On My Husband's Lap & Watch Him Eat / Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is / Maiduguri Is Currently Under Attack By Boko Haram Militants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.