Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) (45428 Views)

Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. / Car Accident At Eko Hotel, Victoria Island - Photos / Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2022
lalastimlala:
My worry is that most of the people that live around that area will be asked to evacuate immediately.
no body lives around the area. You only have offices and one church directly opposite the bridge
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by mannasseh(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2022
the integrity of that bridge has been compromised, will they have to demolish or fix it?
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Benmob: 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2022
Fahdiga:
This calamity happened immediately the evil one left for Abuja. The gods are angry with him
chai u need confirm prayer,no confirm beating
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by GeneralPula: 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2022
That Fahdiga is a typical example of Nkumpiri effect on the brain..
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by michigang: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
jaxxy:

That is what happens when u allow agbero's, touts and paraga sellers to open shop under the bridge.

Lagos island is a very useless place or let me say that axis of Lagos island. . undecided
I fúck one iya biliki under that bridge last year
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by akpunda86: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
temptnow:
The wicked terrorist always come and go with blood and tears.

How come so mad now no no not possible
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by edosignature(m): 9:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
Our markets are not organized, fire of any kind will turn to disaster. I blame the citizens mostly, I'm 100% sure if there are fire extinguishers stationed at every corner of our market, some people will steal them.

We must change if we must make headway as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by GauRanTor(m): 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
Gamesmart:
Wow!

This is why no one should be allowed to sell under-bridge.

So this will now cost us millions of dollars to rebuild, money that could have gone to other things, all because some idiotic bleeding-hearts will say "why are you chasing the poor away from making their daily bread".
Did you know that fire fighters came very early in the morning and they said that they didn't come with long hose?

And the funny part is that they came with only one truck and at a point the water got finished UBA head office sent their own truck with water too.

My brother this country is gone beyond repair. cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Gamesmart: 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2022
GauRanTor:

Did you know that fire fighters came very early in the morning and they said that they didn't come with long hose?

And the funny part is that they came with only one truck and at a point the water got finished UBA head office sent their own truck with water too.

My brother this country is gone beyond repair. cry cry

Now, the money we should be using to fund services like fire service, we will be using to reconstruct bridge.

They should clear the surrounding area.

Also clear all those who sell by expressway!

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by GauRanTor(m): 9:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
edosignature:
Our markets are not organized, fire of any kind will turn to disaster. I blame the citizens mostly, I'm 100% sure if there are fire extinguishers stationed at every corner of our market, some people will steal them.

We must change if we must make headway as a nation.
My brother I cried for being a Nigerian when I got there. Nothing is working in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by murmee: 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
Skyfornia:
Our markets are not organized...any small fire will turn to disaster. I blame the citizens mostly, I'm sure if there are fire extinguishers stationed at every corner of the market, some people will steal them.
Should there be a market under any bridge in the first place?
The problem is that there is no enforcement of discipline in Nigeria and the Local government boys are not helping matters. They create market spots for traders in the most absurd places.
They care only about the daily tolls from the traders without caring about any hazard that may happen from their selfish and inappropriate actions!

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by deepwater(f): 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
atarapa:
no body lives around the area. You only have offices and one church directly opposite the bridge

Obviously you are not a lagosian
People live right beside that bridge
All those 3 storey apartments painted by minimie chin chin and schnapps aromatic are being occupied indigenes

5 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by GauRanTor(m): 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
Gamesmart:

Now, the money we should be using to fund services like fire service, we will be using to reconstruct bridge.
Do you know the millions if not billions that is been allocated to fire service every year to take care of fire incidents like this?

Had it been they utilised the money there will be no need for reconstructing the bridge and people's source of livelihood will not be destroyed.

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by GauRanTor(m): 9:53pm On Mar 23, 2022
deepwater:

Obviously you are not a lagosian
People live right beside that bridge
All those 3 storey apartments painted by minimie chin chin and schnapps aromatic are being occupied indigenes

Exactly people live there.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by amakaDD(f): 9:56pm On Mar 23, 2022
Damn... integrity of the bridge is severely compromised. Might be brought down for complete overhaul.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Fahdiga(m): 9:56pm On Mar 23, 2022
assholemods:

I pity you.
Pity yourself first
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by dododawa1: 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked
All these substandard constructions self shocked
what is substandard,in fire beak out.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by murmee: 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
sosanova:

That bridge will be shut down for months , Lagosians going to the island should expect crazy traffic for the next 4 months
4 months ke? The one that happened at Toyota bus stop on the Oshodi-Apapa expressway was not up to this and the bridge was shut down for almost one year!

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by murmee: 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
jaxxy:

That is what happens when u allow agbero's, touts and paraga sellers to open shop under the bridge.

Lagos island is a very useless place or let me say that axis of Lagos island. . undecided
It's the Local council boys that allocate such places to traders!
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Femeto: 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
Na government I go blame. Those structures and shops have been there for years.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by 9gerian: 10:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
True. Every market should have a fully functioning fire station and hydrants at every junction within the market.

Skyfornia:
Our markets are not organized...any small fire will turn to disaster. I blame the citizens mostly, I'm sure if there are fire extinguishers stationed at every corner of the market, some people will steal them.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by tit(f): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2022
Don't worry.
Jagaban will gift poor Lagosians 2 billion nairas to start life again
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
Fahdiga:
Shatap and get sense

Your shallowness is shinning through like Lagos 2
PM sunlight. Keep it up.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Fahdiga(m): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
GeneralPula:
That Fahdiga is a typical example of Nkumpiri effect on the brain..

Shatap and get sense by force
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Moz22: 10:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
Skyfornia:
lmao� I wasn't expecting the last line grin
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 10:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
AsampeteNwaanyi:
she-Male troll

1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by frowland(m): 10:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
Gamesmart:
Wow!

This is why no one should be allowed to sell under-bridge.

So this will now cost us millions of dollars to rebuild, money that could have gone to other things, all because some idiotic bleeding-hearts will say "why are you chasing the poor away from making their daily bread".

Lol, millions of Naira you mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In / Man Drives With His Leg While Pressing His Phone / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.