Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) (45447 Views)

Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. / Car Accident At Eko Hotel, Victoria Island - Photos / Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by liasmiram2567: 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
Fahdiga:
This calamity happened immediately the evil one left for Abuja. The gods are angry with him

Fear the wrath of Almighty God for spewing nonsense..
Can you call your father that or allow someone call me so?
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by wonlasewonimi: 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
in short, someone decided to cook the bridge
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by YoungRay007: 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
Why is there shops under the bridge
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by lalastimlala: 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
atarapa:
no body lives around the area. You only have offices and one church directly opposite the bridge
Oh, I get. Those guys around are just traders
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
sosanova:

That bridge will be shut down for months , Lagosians going to the island should expect crazy traffic for the next 4 months

Atleast 1year. The bridge has buckled. The integrity, strength and structure has been damaged. It's only a very good reputable construction company that can salvage it. It may even be safer and cost effective to demolish and build a new bridge there.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
Fahdiga:
This calamity happened immediately the evil one left for Abuja. The gods are angry with him

You must be very maad must u link every to the president? Even your own carelessness
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by apostle96: 11:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
Finally, I have come to agree with the legend; FELA
They leave sorrow, tears and blood behind...
Their regular TRADEMARK ™️

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by ElValiente(m): 11:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
Time to clean all under bridge. Obalendans how market
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by nosmassam(m): 11:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
How much will BAT donate to help this people, time ⏲️will tell
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by nedekid: 12:02am On Mar 24, 2022
Seriously shocked
That bridge has been compromised.
But what Market is under the bridge that will catch this kind of heavy fire? Alcohol?
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 24, 2022
Please Good evening Nairalanders..

My name is Fidelis Precious, I hate to do this though but am in a tight corner..I can't hide it.

Am a student of Laspotech, though as a student, I teach Senior Secondary School the subject Account..
But I have not been paid salary yet.

The exam is coming up soon and the school fees is 67k
I have saved everything I have and the deadline to pay is tomorrow or else won't write exam.

Its just remaining 10k to complete..

Please help me!! My brothers and Sisters.
I have begged all my friends but no hope and the deadline is tomorrow.

Please I will pay back on the 12th of April which is when I usually receive salary.

Help me..My house rent too is expired and no food since..even to buy garri sef but its the school fees am concerned..
Please help me...
I beg you ..
My Brothers and sisters..I can even pay back.

My contact:08145077575
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by holluwizzy: 12:44am On Mar 24, 2022
The manner in which the bridge shakes cant be compared to the one at mile2 bridge.

In my own opinion, Lagos state needs money, so the create a diversion for contracts to be signed in millions of $$$. Lockdown the bridge and make life unbearable to Nigerians.

Don't know who I should hold responsible for been a Nigerian.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 1:05am On Mar 24, 2022
The road is no longer motorable.. na to de find alternative route chei
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by assholemods: 1:18am On Mar 24, 2022
Fahdiga:
Pity yourself first
I didn't make silly comment.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by lebete3000: 3:23am On Mar 24, 2022
jaybenugo:
IGBERETV REPORT

https://igberetvnews.com/1416881/aftermath-fire-incident-apongbon-lagos-island-photos/

If them no talk sey na Lagos be this, I go think sey na village.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 3:34am On Mar 24, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked
All these substandard constructions self shocked

You must be really dumb!!
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 3:35am On Mar 24, 2022
holluwizzy:
The manner in which the bridge shakes cant be compared to the one at mile2 bridge.

In my own opinion, Lagos state needs money, so the create a diversion for contracts to be signed in millions of $$$. Lockdown the bridge and make life unbearable to Nigerians.

Don't know who I should hold responsible for been a Nigerian.

If you really believe that, then your education has gone to waste cos you lack the capacity for rational thinking and use of logic.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by DrFunmisticGlow: 3:56am On Mar 24, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked
All these substandard constructions self shocked
of EKO bridge?

Really?

A structure that might be older than your parents.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by new2012: 4:03am On Mar 24, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
of EKO bridge?

Really?

A structure that might be older than your parents.

bridge built 1975 is now older than his parents?
that was an ignorant comment
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by YeyeGbami: 4:11am On Mar 24, 2022
Skyfornia:
Our markets are not organized...any small fire will turn to disaster. I blame the citizens mostly, I'm sure if there are fire extinguishers stationed at every corner of the market, some people will steal them.

That under bridge no suppose be market at all, na lack of enforcement and egunje make people turn am to market. Wetin dem dey sell there? Fake as$ drinks, and some cab dey park under.

The place suppose dey clean with benches for people to rest after shopping around the main market. Clueless government!
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 4:24am On Mar 24, 2022
GboyegaD:
I hope no life was lost. I understand what it seems like making a life out of that situation so I might not blame the traders.

None
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by oilmane(m): 4:25am On Mar 24, 2022
Fahdiga:

So true, that's how he left Ukraine and Russia started pummeling it.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by oilmane(m): 4:27am On Mar 24, 2022
temptnow:
The wicked terrorist always come and go with blood and tears.

Yes o, it is his visit to Ukraine that caused the pummelling by Russia
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 4:27am On Mar 24, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
angry sad dey should stop all those pipu cooking. Frying with gas at bus stop/under bridge

Why are they selling at that place? Lagos state government should chase all those idiots selling or residing under the bridges
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 4:35am On Mar 24, 2022
lebete3000:

If them no talk sey na Lagos be this, I go think sey na village.

Show us state make we compare
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 4:45am On Mar 24, 2022
lalastimlala:

Oh, I get. Those guys around are just traders
yes, traders and touts
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 24, 2022
atarapa:
no body lives around the area. You only have offices and one church directly opposite the bridge

who told you? people live there ooooo. The street where Elephant house is at Akpongbon, people have residential houses there gan gan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Int'l Airport: Passengers Picking Their Luggages From Carousel: Video / Man Drives With His Leg While Pressing His Phone / UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.