Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,640 members, 7,955,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves (20195 Views)

Gaza Residents Broke Into UN Food Warehouses / We're on a 'highway to climate hell', UN chief warns world leaders (Pics, Video) / The World Is In 'great Peril,' U.N. Chief Warns Global Leaders (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by Ojemedad: 9:28am On Mar 24, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:
Every small tragedy predictions they remember Africa grin

I wonder hell that will be heller than what we are seeing in Naija now!

Na so them say Covid19 go kill us finish, bodies will lie all over the road, here we are stronger than them covid-wise

My point is that these people think so little of us, like we are just nothing

2 Likes

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by iLegendd(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2022
Drenimarcus:
American Farmers are already crying, the first rain dropped but they are short of fertilizers. These sanctions are just stupid. They are going to affect everyone in the world.

Russia needs the sanctions and the world needs to bleed for a year so that everyone will reduced over-dependence.

What is happening is a great thing for the future of all nations. We should be futuristic in thinking. I don't like the invasion, but I like the repercussions for everyone, every family, and every nations.

Most people will never think deep to this level. This is why most people can't be rich also. What the media gives us is the only analysis most people have in their minds.

5 Likes

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by obedience4(m): 9:31am On Mar 24, 2022
Nonybb:
Because it was white people they would say get ready for HELL whereas Africans has had the worse case scenario and yet no hell was let loose. Is it because they're whites

Just be Glad that you have organizations like the UN.
Prediction are part of planning OK,
They don't just make prediction for predictions sake.
The two countries in question are major exporter of wheat and grains..which are part of the daily meals of million of Africans..
The us and most western countries are relatively self sufficient.
Nigeria and most African countries are not.
Just the border buhari close you could see the effect.
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by harmony75: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2022
Food chief please!
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by BigYash: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2022
Nigeria is already hell.. So,nothing is new here oga UN
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by monfizzy(m): 9:33am On Mar 24, 2022
Angelfrost:

Just listen to yourself... Any small cough or alarm in far away Europe, y'all start panicking here in Nigeria.

Shouldn't Nigeria and Africa be immune from such impending food crisis if we know what we are doing?!! With all the land and human resources at our disposal, what is our business with a war in far away Europe?!!

Will UN make this statement or will Ukraine have been bothered if this war was happening in Nigeria or Africa?!!

Make una dey shame!!!

Everybody trying to sound smart when in reality they are unintelligent. Imagine comparing a consumer country/continent with world producing economy. Does Africa produce anything to compare to other countries? Even after being told based on evidence that Russia and Ukraine are both responsible for 30% of global wheat production with Africa being their main exports yet you’re making d#mb analysis to sound smart. Receive sense
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by Shadysen: 9:34am On Mar 24, 2022
AntiAPC2023:

This is an example of a typical Ipob cow and his hatred for the country that has fed and clothed your ancestors.
You just shoot yourself in the foot by quoting me, you never know who I am.
Foolish TERRORIST I am an undercover DSS officer.
I have marked your moniker and very soon we will hunt you down.
mad man,na ur family u go hunt down, me way dey find wetin go make me famous, come get me
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by Ykc2(m): 9:35am On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Africa the corrupt continent.... grin
Nigerians that keep hyping Putin's invasion will surely feel the heat..

It's going round..it's just a matter of time.. grin
Well they are used to suffering and smiling so that's a good one.. grin
By the time Putin's puppet experience food shortage for a month they will get to understand the calamity Putin brought upon them.. cheesy
but America wey you dey support go give you visa even dey supply your family with foods,make una no go rest America wey you dey support shebi na dia police dey kill black men?or Russia wey no dey take eyes see black,oga go eat food and rest leave oyibo people make dem fight their war

2 Likes

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by ajayiopy: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2022
Gospelpreacher1:

https://www.politico.eu/article/world-food-programme-eu-fund-us-food-aid-ukraine-russia/amp/

we knew this even before Ukraine invasion. If you follow FAO handle, you will realize that they will be food shortage till the next 20 years. So there is need to push more FUND into R and D if we want a way out.
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by ariesbull: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2022
Gospelpreacher1:

https://www.politico.eu/article/world-food-programme-eu-fund-us-food-aid-ukraine-russia/amp/
Russia is still selling.... Sanctioning Russia is shooting yourself

Ukraine is gone
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by monfizzy(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2022
mcdokwe:
I don't understand the doom they predict for us, how will the kind shockwave in Ukraine affect the beans I buy from Kebbi, the rice I buy from Ebonyi, or the cassava I harvest from my farm?

Wait until you start buying a loaf of bread for #2k by the time wheat prices goes off the roof you’ll understand.
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by Johel(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by toxtimmy: 9:38am On Mar 24, 2022
Do you lick your a55 at night or during the day time?

FERNANDEZISBACK:

By the time Putin's puppet experience food shortage for a month they will get to understand the calamity Putin brought upon them.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by Donpenny(m): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2022
To be born an African is worse than hell

1 Like

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by GeneralDae: 9:38am On Mar 24, 2022
Drenimarcus:
American Farmers are already crying, the first rain dropped but they are short of fertilizers. These sanctions are just stupid. They are going to affect everyone in the world.
This is where Dangote's fertiliser comes into play, it came at the right time.

1 Like

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:39am On Mar 24, 2022
The hunger never hit the Zoo, when it gets to them, they will all be forced out to kill the their TERROIST blood sucking president.
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by AroleOduduwa2: 9:40am On Mar 24, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Like Ukraine is the one producing the world's food......

Whether people hate Putin or not, everybody go share for the suffering....

You no get point abeg...

The olodo doesn't know Russia produce most of the world fertilizer
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by toxtimmy: 9:40am On Mar 24, 2022
Because we have been busy watching bbnaija cool, we import everything and export nothing but money and people overseas... We are a consumer society.

CrownOfClay724:
Massive land with nothing to show for it.
Naija.
This news no supposed concern us.
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by Charx122: 9:42am On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Most Nigerians know how to support foolish things that's why we can't come up with good leaders
I don't see any reason supporting Putin for this evil he has brought upon himself.
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by Peppysco: 9:44am On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Nobody is hyping Putin for the invasion but the question is, did you show this much concern and empathy to the citizens of Libya, Yemen, Iraq and Palestine when they were invaded by America and Isreal?
Was there any worldwide condemnation about such invasions, none at all. I guess since those people ain't pure whites, then they're not human beings. I do not blame Russia for this war at all, America would have wiped off the whole of Canada or Mexico if they were romancing the China. I only blame the mumu Zelensky. He allowed Russia and America to play a Champions League match in his home. The beg wey he for don beg before na wetin he wan come dey do now

3 Likes

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by AroleOduduwa2: 9:46am On Mar 24, 2022
Charx122:

Most Nigerians know how to support foolish things that's why we can't come up with good leaders
I don't see any reason supporting Putin for this evil he has brought upon himself.

You don't see any reason because you can't think beyond what cnn and other msm show you. I think covid should have taught people a lesson or two that whatever the msm is preaching is anti people.

2 Likes

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by BleedTears: 9:47am On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You're really a funny person. Allow UN and western Media to drag you into war that doesn't concern you same thing they did with World war 2. Ukraine and Russian war doesn't concern us in anyway.

Infant it is our best time to sell our oil at a very good price if at all we have good leaders.

The only war we have is war against herders destroying farms.

1 Like

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by Ayodele20(m): 9:48am On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Think,but you will not think. You will rather allow your reasoning to be beclouded by sentiments.Sentiments cloud judgement and it has never allowed one see the clear picture of things. Everyone knows undeniably, that this problem was caused by NATO and Ukraine. And Russia to protect her people and sovereignty, had no choice but to invade since all measures to stop NATO's expansion which poses a major threat to her present and future sovereignty, failed.

No sane country will allow her enemies have military bases at its doors.No sane country will allow her enemies form a military alliance with her closest neighbour. Go ask US of A since you seem to allow sentiment becloud your sense of reasoning. When Russia stretched forth her arms towards Cuba, what did USA do? Did USA allow it? Of course USA knew the security implications of that for her security and sovereignty and did all she could to stifle the process.
Now don't come here and say innocent lives are being lost. Don't tell me Putin is evil because people are dying in this war - that will be shallow from you.PUTIN has been warning NATO to stop the expansion towards his country but all his warning and calls fell on deaf ears. I remember in 2007, Putin also asked them why they were still expanding towards his country, that does NATO still consider Russia its enemy?

Should Putin fold his arms and allow Ukraine join NATO? Go check the world map and see Ukraine and Russia.
Should Putin fold his arms and allow NATO perform military drills in Ukraine? Do you even know the security threat that poses for Russia? I'm sure you don't.

This war is a dirty war.It is impossible to fight clean wars these days because the people who come in are not always true and who they pretend to be.
NATO,including USA,is the cause of this war and they know exactly what to do to stop it.The West and its allies are the problem of this world.They always cause problems.

United States of America,especially, is a nation that cannot survive without an enemy. She needs an enemy to survive.

I hope this war ends ASAP.Ukraine and NATO know what to do to stop this avoidable war.
And as someone put it, it will all end in PUTIN'S praise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by SocialJustice: 9:49am On Mar 24, 2022
You and your family will be in hell not me.
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by SocialJustice: 9:50am On Mar 24, 2022
Ayodele20:

Think,but you will not think. You will rather allow your reasoning to be beclouded by sentiments.Sentiments cloud judgement and it has never allowed one see the clear picture of things. Everyone knows undeniably, that this problem was caused by NATO and Ukraine. And Russia to protect her people and sovereignty, had no choice but to invade since all measures to stop NATO's expansion which poses a major threat to her present and future sovereignty, failed.

No sane country will allow her enemies have military bases at its doors.No sane country will allow her enemies form a military alliance with her closest neighbour. Go ask US of A since you seem to allow sentiment becloud your sense of reasoning. When Russia stretched forth her arms towards Cuba, what did USA do? Did USA allow it? Of course USA knew the security implications of that for her security and sovereignty and did all she could to stifle the process.
Now don't come here and say innocent lives are being lost. Don't tell me Putin is evil because people are dying in this war - that will be shallow from you.PUTIN has been warning NATO to stop the expansion towards his country but all his warning and calls fell on deaf ears. I remember in 2007, Putin also asked them why they were still expanding towards his country, that does NATO still consider Russia its enemy?

Should Putin fold his arms and allow Ukraine join NATO? Go check the world map and see Ukraine and Russia.
Should Putin fold his arms and allow NATO perform military drills in Ukraine? Do you even know the security threat that poses for Russia? I'm sure you don't.

This war is a dirty war.It is impossible to fight clean wars these days because the people who come in are not always true and who they pretend to be.
NATO,including USA,is the cause of this war and they know exactly what to do to stop it.The West and its allies are the problem of this world.They always cause problems.

United States of America,especially, is a nation that cannot survive without an enemy. She needs an enemy to survive.

I hope this war ends ASAP.Ukraine and NATO know what to do to stop this avoidable war.
And as someone put it, it will all end in PUTIN'S praise.
You deserve an award for the most stupid post.
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by frowland(m): 9:53am On Mar 24, 2022
monfizzy:

Everybody trying to sound smart when in reality they are unintelligent. Imagine comparing a consumer country/continent with world producing economy. Does Africa produce anything to compare to other countries? Even after being told based on evidence that Russia and Ukraine are both responsible for 30% of global wheat production with Africa being their main exports yet you’re making d#mb analysis to sound smart. Receive sense

30%? Wow, that’s huge!
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by OdenKelechi(m): 9:53am On Mar 24, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Maize farmers bracing up for mad profits!

boya i should resign and go into farming
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by Nauttyprof(m): 9:55am On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I just don't understand why Nigerians will support the nonsense in the first place aside the killings, the war has a direct effect on Nigeria.

Dangote earlier this month warned the Federal Government to stop exporting wheat so we can self sustain ourselves during this Russia - Ukraine war.

Nigerians have no understanding on the extent of damages caused by vision less leaders in this country who should have worked tirelessly for us to be self sustaining in every aspect of agriculture including as little as fertiliser.
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by Ayodele20(m): 9:55am On Mar 24, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

You don't see any reason because you can't think beyond what cnn and other msm show you. I think covid should have taught people a lesson or two that whatever the msm is preaching is anti people.

Like seriously. Most of these people are so ignorant and their ignorance is contagious. One just have to take it easy with them because they are victims of western brainwashing and propaganda. They have been brainwashed by the West and its media and subsequently robbed of good reasoning.These brainwashed nincompoops have eyes but do not see with them.They have brains but do not think with them.Their minds have been caged by USA and her allies. USA has thrown away the keys sef.

So whenever you see them type rubbish,know that the rubbish is coming from their brains.The brain also controls the limbs and these brainwashed victims can never think or act beyond their caged brains.

1 Like

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by frowland(m): 9:56am On Mar 24, 2022
BleedTears:

You're really a funny person. Allow UN and western Media to drag you into war that doesn't concern you same thing they did with World war 2. Ukraine and Russian war doesn't concern us in anyway.

Infant it is our best time to sell our oil at a very good price if at all we have good leaders.

The only war we have is war against herders destroying farms.
War against bad leaders you mean?
Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by webizone(m): 9:57am On Mar 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You are living in so much pain. If it's not about men, it's about Nigerian men, or the whole of Africa. Eeyah.
But you no dey help yourself nah. Anything about them, u go dey find yourself there to comment.

1 Like

Re: David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves by tradepunter: 9:59am On Mar 24, 2022
Useless UN.... IS not the same WHO under the UN that said CORONA WILL KILL half of human population

NONSENSE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naledi Pandor Receives Threats After ICJ Genocide Case Against Israel / Trump bars visas for Immigrants who can't pay for healthcare / Marina Ovsyannikova Appears In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.