Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,070 members, 7,814,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features (31131 Views)

Handsome Nigerian Man Lists Features His Ideal Wife Must Have (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses / Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 24, 2022
Super Sanwo to the rescue! Let the scheme work, commuting in Lagos is a nightmare.
We hope those cars don't disappear into private garages.
As minister of FCT Elrufai launched similar schemes using 307, and London taxi, it was well thought of but not sustained.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Laxy009(m): 8:19am On Mar 24, 2022
Government has no business in private sector business .

I would have preferred a public and private partnership on such business to keep things in check. A state government going full into a taxi hauling business is a no no for me . They should think of something more better this .

What’s is the objective of the business ? To make profit or to provide standard services to the citizens at lower and affordable cost ?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by labi1977(m): 8:22am On Mar 24, 2022
Another white elephant project I've not been able to use any sanwo brt for a long time now

Sanwo is just a scam
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Quiny32323: 8:24am On Mar 24, 2022
People wey sabi, my own people are still sharing kerosene and stock fish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 24, 2022
Good initiative, the rides should be under a management that must manage on behalf of recipients, this is the only way to sustain it, and to ensure the security and comfort of passengers is ensured. During the launch, I heard the government talk about video and audio in the vehicles real time, this mean they will be a control room. In these critical times, vetting and proper security is imperative for a #smartcity project, which is what a mega city is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Voiceofthestree: 8:35am On Mar 24, 2022
drlateef:

You will never see if you choose not to see. Check google and you will see. I know how to check for news. You are the illiterate who does not know how to check news. I have told you what they have in various stages of development. But you can choose not to see, who cares.

If I calles you mumu ans say sir. I am a real Lagosian not a fake one okay my papa grand papa great grand papa nah Lagosian awori I be. I have live in Lagos all my life. I will never support fowl play. You way deh live for village deh talk wetin deh happen for Lagos where I live.I don’t need to check google before I will know what’s happening in the state I live okay. Go and check to know the meaning of development. Do you know what development means??. If you don’t know development was what Folashola Brought to Lagos and Destruction is only what Sanwo olu as Brough to Lagos. Does public taxi mean development nah you be illiterate way now go school odee. At 2022 taxis nah wetin you call development oloriburuku

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Golan007: 8:39am On Mar 24, 2022
[s]
joey150:
You cannot solve mass transportation in an already congested and overpopulated city like Lagos by sharing "uber taxis."

What do these silly politicians see when they travel abroad?

Don't they see an urban bus and ticketing system?

Don't they see dependable overhead and underground train systems?

Don't they see ferries and inland waterways transportation?

Are you going to convey all of Lagos in those cars? Adding even more traffic to an already congested city? If anything, a forward thinking government would be thinking of ways to get more cars off the roads of Lagos than more cars on it.

Apart from the fact that the money for most of those cars will never be recouped, this ride taxi scheme is a white elephant project that was established to enrich a few government officials by way of bogus contracts and free cars.
[/s]

Continue writing rubbish.

Are you blind that you cannot see metro being built?

Are you blind that you can't see new roads being constructed?

Are you blind that you can't see BRT buses?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Golan007: 8:40am On Mar 24, 2022
labi1977:
Another white elephant project I've not been able to use any brt for a long time now

Sanwo is just a scam

I know you prefer okada.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by criuze(m): 8:42am On Mar 24, 2022
YoungLionken:
Tinubu tried in replacing Ambode with Sanwolu the great visionary..

But I'm still not voting for him, he messed up by officially vying for the presidential seat!!

Blind BAT!!!

How insulting an elder like this

Please be kind to humans

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Golan007: 8:42am On Mar 24, 2022
uuzba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So2HM-VI35w&t=48s

Since 1880 something, London people quickly realised that, "E be like say this London dey very popular O. Make we do underground train fast-fast to aid with traffic congestion". A good 140+ years ago!
Till today, every body is enjoying that underground train system.
We are still buying MORE cars to add to the road.
and Eko bridge has burnt now.
Where will all these cars pass?

Yeah, they stopped buying buses after the underground was built.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Johnchrix(m): 8:46am On Mar 24, 2022
Patrixia:
This one na confam devt. But adding this no of vehicles to the ones we already have on road More congestion. I for see heavy traffic.
He flies with chopper so I think the more reason he's less concerned.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by WBworldwide: 8:48am On Mar 24, 2022
Very commendable
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by oldman112(m): 8:48am On Mar 24, 2022
Why not put these billions on waterways, it will reduce traffic and will force danfos off the road, the brt is there already, this is not what Lagos state needs, come next five years all these people seeing it as big development will be the ones seeing what some of us are seeing now, make the waterways more safe, sanitize people on it and you would see the rate of people who will drop there cars at home and go by ferries, I reside in Ikorodu and can't remember the last time i entered Alaba by road, within 1h30 mins am at Alaba International but try it by road and you are likely to spend close to 2hrs just between mile 12 and Ojota. Ojo has there ferry terminal but the management is very poor, If all these would be looked into am sure Lagos will be the best in Africa. From Apapa to Ikorodu is just 25 mins, from Apapa to many axis with that period is not upto 30 mins, same with CMS.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by aviara: 8:49am On Mar 24, 2022
Lagos state govt instead of providing enabling environment for businesses to thrive, they keep participating and competing with private business owners muzzling them with tough conditions and levies while using their position as undue advantage over players.

Lagos state government is now more into commercial enterprise than governance.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by aviara: 8:52am On Mar 24, 2022
Any sector they see is very profitable they will jump into and muzzle other private players out. Govt should have no business in business. Their primary duty is to provide enabling environment for businesses to thrive. All they care about is the swelling of their IGR at the expense of the poor struggling citizens.

aviara:
Lagos state govt instead of providing enabling environment for businesses to thrive, they keep participating and competing with private business owners muzzling them with tough conditions and levies while using their position as undue advantage over players.

Lagos state government is now more into commercial enterprise than governance.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by SmartPolician: 8:56am On Mar 24, 2022
joey150:
You cannot solve mass transportation in an already congested and overpopulated city like Lagos by sharing "uber taxis."

Are you going to convey all of Lagos in those cars? Adding even more traffic to an already congested city? If anything, a forward thinking government would be thinking of ways to get more cars off the roads of Lagos than more cars on it.

Apart from the fact that the money for most of those cars will never be recouped, this ride taxi scheme is a white elephant project that was established to enrich a few government officials by way of bogus contracts and free cars.

The only way the population of Lagos can reduce is if governors of other states start creating opportunities in their various states.
Also, federal government should find a way to make the waterways of Niger Delta safe so that importers can start using their ports.

You cannot have the best of everything in one state and not expect all Nigerians to relocate to that place. All the embassies, bank head offices, biggest companies' headquarters, functioning ports, airport, etc. are in Lagos.

Even when you seek support from company branches in your state, they will tell you to write to Lagos headquarters or tell you that their headquarters in Lagos has to approve it first. This is not how to plan a country.

Things ought to be decentralised so that over 200 million are not tempted to live in Lagos and Abuja just to have access to basic services and support. With the way things are going, the population of Lagos can only get worse in the coming years.

Anyways, as governor, Sanwo-Olu is doing well!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by fyneguy: 8:57am On Mar 24, 2022
joey150:

Ƴou are an extreme cynic

Lagos is implementing a multimodal yransport system. Other forms of transportation are either available or being worked on. This is a laudable project.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by lammagric(m): 8:57am On Mar 24, 2022
On point

Quote author=bigpicture001 post=111312640]Leave the business for the private sector and face more serious infrastructure projects...

Which govt worldwide embark on taxi services..? You just want to kill enterpreurship...

Nonsense! [/quote]
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Invictuse: 9:09am On Mar 24, 2022
If Nigeria don't want grow it should not grow. If I was a gov in Western region you Igbos go hear am. I swear no Igbo will dare to come to Yorubaland ever again just one year.

okeke6969:

If we don't patronise locally produced goods, tell me how our economy would grow.
Hatred apart, you are one of the reason Nigeria will not grow
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Invictuse: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2022
You Igbos have to be eternally cursed from generation to generation just for thinking Yorubas as to patronize your miserable souls even with all the hate you have been exhibiting since 1960 that is aside the beta products available across the globe.

kingyakos:

It would've been a good thing too if he patronize innoson....
All this hatred do you no good
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by yemmight(m): 9:18am On Mar 24, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

Is this what you call development. Hahahaha omaa se ooooo

You try to develop something.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by syntekelite(m): 9:20am On Mar 24, 2022
heniford2:
So this is why he banned okada undecided

Which okada?? foreign Lagosians no gree am enforce the ban..they reach like 1trillion now fr lagos..�
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by CoolAmbience(m): 9:22am On Mar 24, 2022
joey150:

I really think mass transportation should be the priority for Lagos...not means that can only take 1 - 5 passengers, thereby putting more vehicles on the roads, and further crippling the economy by aggravating manhour losses.

This isn't fantastic for me, at all.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Kenog4real(m): 10:05am On Mar 24, 2022
What about drug test?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by famology(m): 10:10am On Mar 24, 2022
Lagos is blessed with leaders. Anybody you pick is a performer. Tinubu has eyes for picking performers.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by seyz91(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2022
You said it all!

To some.mumu nigerians wey never get close to airport before not to talk of traveling abroad will be praising this yeye project

Nonsense!

undecided undecided
joey150:

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by RuddyFusion(m): 10:36am On Mar 24, 2022
Complete nonsense
Is this what the government should be doing? Instead of them to concentrate on alternative means of transportation within Lagos to decongest the overcrowded Lagos roads, they are pushing the innovators away and jumping into things they should regulate...Is this Lagos state government now a business enterprise competing with private citizens? Nonsense
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Basher8583: 10:36am On Mar 24, 2022
joey150:

You don't need all this long gist. You can help depopulate Lagos by going back to your respective states or leave the country
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 10:46am On Mar 24, 2022
More cars to the traffic
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:00am On Mar 24, 2022
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu should have approach INNOSON manufacturing company for procurement of over 1000 LAGRIDE cars. This would have go a long way in increasing our GDP and also provides employment to thousands of Nigerians rather than creating employment for another country while Nigeria citizens will be improverished.
Lanrelagboi:
UPDATE: Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu @jidesanwoolu today officially launched the 1000 @gacmotorcig GS3 and GA4 Sport Utility Lagos Rides Vehicles with the @LagosRide Taxi Scheme.

This is in fulfillment of Mr. Governor’s announcement in March 2021, at the unveiling of the new e-hailing taxi scheme to complement the multi-modal transport network being developed in Lagos State.

An installation of security embedded dashboard cameras in each car for real-time activities monitoring with panic button connected to a control command centre that can be used by either parties inside the car in case of assault or emergency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AOrmb7bRVE

#LagosRide is here … Download the App Now … ��

As at March 22, 2022:

- 5,706 drivers download on the “Drivers App Download”

- 1,786 applications already submitted by drivers

- Registration and Enrolment Fee already accepted from 359 drivers with others awaiting screening.

The process that each operator will go through for the safety and security of life  and effective operations include:
I. Verification of LASDRI ID (where available, if not Lagos Ride as partner facilitates procurement of one with LASDRI)

II. Medical history check
III. Security check
IV. Verification of LASSRA (where available, if not Lagos Ride as partner facilitates procurement of one with LASSRA)
V. NIN verification
VI. Driver’s license verification
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by bonnyhope: 11:03am On Mar 24, 2022
How is fuel efficiency of this brand of car?

I am just imaging how much was spent on this project
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by pafo(m): 11:16am On Mar 24, 2022
Do you guys know how much one car costs? I heard it's over 10m naira. Good luck to the drivers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: Total Votes Each Party Received / Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa / My Govt Inherited Nothing From Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.