Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features (31133 Views)

Handsome Nigerian Man Lists Features His Ideal Wife Must Have (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses / Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by addexx: 11:48am On Mar 24, 2022
All these ones wanna enter already congested Lagos roads.? grin grin

Okare

Traffic be looking at y'all like

1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by dewiseacre(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
I have been on Nairaland for over a decade, but today is the first time I'm reading from a man who wears my kind of hat!

I don't you in person, but you're truly wise and exposed!

joey150:
You cannot solve mass transportation in an already congested and overpopulated city like Lagos by sharing "uber taxis."

What do these silly politicians see when they travel abroad?

Don't they see an urban bus and ticketing system?

Don't they see dependable overhead and underground train systems?

Don't they see ferries and inland waterways transportation?

Are you going to convey all of Lagos in those cars? Adding even more traffic to an already congested city? If anything, a forward thinking government would be thinking of ways to get more cars off the roads of Lagos than more cars on it.

Apart from the fact that the money for most of those cars will never be recouped, this ride taxi scheme is a white elephant project that was established to enrich a few government officials by way of bogus contracts and free cars.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Yong4ever: 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
UPDATE: Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu @jidesanwoolu today officially launched the 1000 @gacmotorcig GS3 and GA4 Sport Utility Lagos Rides Vehicles with the @LagosRide Taxi Scheme.

This is in fulfillment of Mr. Governor’s announcement in March 2021, at the unveiling of the new e-hailing taxi scheme to complement the multi-modal transport network being developed in Lagos State.

An installation of security embedded dashboard
cameras in each car for real-time activities monitoring with panic button connected to a control command centre that can be used by either parties inside the car in case of assault or emergency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AOrmb7bRVE

#LagosRide is here … Download the App Now … ��

As at March 22, 2022:

- 5,706 drivers download on the “Drivers App Download”

- 1,786 applications already submitted by drivers

- Registration and Enrolment Fee already accepted from 359 drivers with others awaiting screening.

The process that each operator will go through for the safety and security of life  and effective operations include:
I. Verification of LASDRI ID (where available, if not Lagos Ride as partner facilitates procurement of one with LASDRI)

II. Medical history check
III. Security check
IV. Verification of LASSRA (where available, if not Lagos Ride as partner facilitates procurement of one with LASSRA)
V. NIN verification
VI. Driver’s license verification
misplaced priority, instead of them to make roads motorable and less congested, nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Bluntemperor: 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
EatforHealth:
Good innovation but I hope it will be adequately maintained

The deplorable state of Lagos roads, coupled with traffic, is more than enough to wreck those cars within 6 months.

UBER and BOLT drivers can testify

Mr Sanwo-Olu should fix most of the inner roads in Lagos or is this not the roads that they always call for 'Road Worthlessness' papers every 6-months to bring in more revenue? How can Lagosians go to renew the road worthness when most of the roads are nothing to write home about?
We are not truthful to ourselves!

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by aklion: 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
This matters they okay . But e sure go spoil matters for those wey they into Uber or bolt biz
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Godispeace: 1:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
which deplorable road. u dey craze ni . abi u think na ur abia rwanda ??
EatforHealth:
Good innovation but I hope it will be adequately maintained

The deplorable state of Lagos roads, coupled with traffic, is more than enough to wreck those cars within 6 months.

UBER and BOLT drivers can testify

Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by labi1977(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
Golan007:

I know you prefer okada.

I prefer it to disappearing brt and temporary SUV.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Cognitivereason: 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
All this ones hailing sanwo and call this a good job...it either or not critically thinking.. Or u don't even know the problem of Lagos...

The money wasted on this project to create another problem on the road should have been used in building more boat terminal, buying modern boats to enhance transport via the water ways..

If at all they wanted to do something that will use the roads...he should have just bought more BRT buses since they have their own designated lane...rather than this ones DAT will add more loads on the roads..

Except he just want to revive the old taxi system with unique identity and modern look...i don't see this solving so many problems

Sha kudos
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Golan007: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2022
labi1977:

I prefer it to disappearing brt and temporary SUV.

BRT has been running for over 16 years now.

You better recognise.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by kingyakos: 7:09pm On Mar 24, 2022
Invictuse:
You Igbos have to be eternally cursed from generation to generation just for thinking Yorubas as to patronize your miserable souls even with all the hate you have been exhibiting since 1960 that is aside the beta products available across the globe.

He even count me as igbo. Your heart has been consumed with bitterness and hatred in so much that any name that doesn't sound Yoruba,Hausa or Islam to you is Igbo...
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by kingyakos: 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2022
joey150:
You cannot solve mass transportation in an already congested and overpopulated city like Lagos by sharing "uber taxis."

What do these silly politicians see when they travel abroad?

Don't they see an urban bus and ticketing system?

Don't they see dependable overhead and underground train systems?

Don't they see ferries and inland waterways transportation?

Are you going to convey all of Lagos in those cars? Adding even more traffic to an already congested city? If anything, a forward thinking government would be thinking of ways to get more cars off the roads of Lagos than more cars on it.

Apart from the fact that the money for most of those cars will never be recouped, this ride taxi scheme is a white elephant project that was established to enrich a few government officials by way of bogus contracts and free cars.

Within a space of two years those cars would be sold as scrap.
Former Governor of Cross River State Mr.Donald Duke did same thing and he didn't elapsed his first tenure when those cars were sold as scrap, then he came up with the urban metro bus which is still in use till this hour.
They always bring in the opposite of what they see in the western world....
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Invictuse: 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
Normal nursery rhymes from cannibals from the hellhole of Alaigbo. Why not claim you are from heaven now.

kingyakos:

He even count me as igbo. Your heart has been consumed with bitterness and hatred in so much that any name that doesn't sound Yoruba,Hausa or Islam to you is Igbo...
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by kingyakos: 2:57am On Mar 25, 2022
[quote author=Invictuse post=111337551]Normal nursery rhymes from cannibals from the hellhole of Alaigbo. Why not claim you are from heaven now.

U just a big clumsy oafs and people like you should be get rid of from the society.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by labi1977(m): 7:56am On Mar 25, 2022
Golan007:

BRT has been running for over 16 years now.

You better recognise.

He did not start brt he doesn't start anything that lasts

CMS to ajah brt has almost basically disappeared have not seen it for almost 2 months I regret buying their stupid overpriced card. Only cms to oshodi runs regularly for us.

The small buses that he introduced barely run anymore and they switched off their AC after only one month

You are the one that needs to recognise he's not a true governor just tinubus puppy

Just making sudden knee-jerk laws and pointing
Re: Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features by Voiceofthestree: 11:09am On Mar 26, 2022
yemmight:

You try to develop something.

Wake up from your sleep nah people like you deh call bore hole water development.... mumu in disguise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Nationwide Broadcast, A Farewell Speech - Atiku / Scores Injured As APC, PDP Thugs Clash In Lagos / Election 2023 : Pastor Sarah Omakwu Asks Nigerians To "Waste" Their Votes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.