Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% (14980 Views)

Breaking News: IRAN Reports They Intercepted 99.9% Of ISRAELI Missiles / German Producer Prices Jump By Record 25.9% / Rising Fuel And Food Costs Push US Inflation To 7.9% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Jeromejnr(m): 11:17am On Mar 24, 2022
Buliwyf:

The same guy that called me his boy is talking about Ad Hominems. You are a clown. And everyone knows you are. The fact that you can't think and thought that Germany will build a terminal for compressing gas to liquid is enough to disgrace you here. My work is done for today cheesy

His boy is ad hominem?? grin

But you first called me boy na ...lol..

BTW, @bolded just shows you don't even know what you want to argue about.

First you say few months and they won't meet winter...now its I couldn't think they could build...

Stick to 1 story and stop arguing off tangent boy.

Peace out and wait for 2024.

1 Like

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Buliwyf: 11:17am On Mar 24, 2022
BKayy:

Let me help you a little despite your Shameless rants.

If, I repeat If Nigeria was an independent country and decide to go the Russian way of democracy, there wouldn't be any need for agitations and Fulani herdsmen stupidity.
A beautiful form of democracy where every nation maintains her own Republic according to their boundary and native tongue in most cases. With this we will see
Republic of Igboland
Yorubaland
Izon
Ibibio
Efik
Tiv
Hausa etc

Then the confused ones will be seen as federal entities.

This is just a preamble. Now vomit what you saw on CNN. Ignoramus

Mugu. First Google the meaning of democracy before coming online to sound like an illiterate. Democracy is not synonymous to government. It seems you don't know the difference. And who told you there aren't agitations in Russia? Because people are afraid of the brutality of their dictator doesn't mean they are not murmuring. Maybe you forgot about the Chechen wars that are still recent.

Educate yourself halfwit and stop spewing trash. Before contributing to a topic make sure you know what you are talking about.
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by nzubegod: 11:18am On Mar 24, 2022
As for buying Russian gas with rubbles, the unfriendly countries have options in. Norwwayy, Denmark, Netherland and Britain for gas imports.
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Buliwyf: 11:21am On Mar 24, 2022
Jeromejnr:

His boy is ad hominem?? grin

But you first called me boy na ...lol..

BTW, @bolded just shows you don't even know what you want to argue about.

First you say few months and they won't meet winter...now its I couldn't think they could build...

Stick to 1 story and stop arguing off tangent boy.

Peace out and wait for 2024.

Show me where I first called you a boy. You just say dumb shit and can't back it up. You just throw wild stuff about with no proof because you are too daft to maintain a straightforward argument. First you said I am quoting articles when I never did. Now you are claiming I first called you a boy. It's very clear that you are not only dumb but delusional and that's why no one here respects you or your opinion.

I am sure deep down you have lots of insecurity and you know you don't measure up. Which is why you just come online to praise yourself grin
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by BKayy: 11:22am On Mar 24, 2022
Buliwyf:

Mugu. First Google the meaning of democracy before coming online to sound like an illiterate. Democracy is not synonymous to government. It seems you don't know the difference. And who told you there aren't agitations in Russia? Because people are afraid of the brutality of their dictator doesn't mean they are not murmuring. Maybe you forgot about the Chechen wars that are still recent.

Educate yourself halfwit and stop spewing trash. Before contributing to a topic make sure you know what you are talking about.
Duly obliged.
The simplest meaning of Democracy is in the snippet below.

I think I now understand you, to you the word "democracy" is a very complex word, its like a really sophisticated Greek botanical name that you thought it would be hard for humans to understand. You kept on shouting "you don't know what democracy is without knowing the meaning yourself"

Before you start talking crap about chechen wars, ask a chechen yourself.

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Jeromejnr(m): 11:23am On Mar 24, 2022
Buliwyf:

Show me where I first called you a boy. You just say dumb shit and can't back it up. You just throw wild stuff about with no proof because you are too daft to maintain a straightforward argument. First you said I am quoting articles when I never did. Now you are claiming I first called you a boy. It's very clear that you are not only dumb but delusional and that's why no one here respects you or your opinion.

I am sure deep down you have lots of insecurity and you know you don't measure up. Which is why you just come online to praise yourself grin

But you're the insecure one na grin this one you took "boy" as insult.

Sorry..I didn't know it will pain you cry

1 Like

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Buliwyf: 11:24am On Mar 24, 2022
BKayy:

Duly obliged.
The simplest meaning of Democracy is in the snippet below.

I think I now understand you, to you the word "democracy" is a very complex word, its like a really sophisticated Greek botanical name that you thought it would be hard for humans to understand. You kept on shouting "you don't know what democracy is without knowing the meaning yourself"

Before you start talking crap about chechen wars, ask a chechen yourself.

You don't know the meaning of democracy for sure. But you have learnt something today. Now go away. Class is over cheesy
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Judolisco(m): 11:24am On Mar 24, 2022
Jeromejnr:

U needed a reality check
u can shove it down ur @$$
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Jeromejnr(m): 11:25am On Mar 24, 2022
Judolisco:
u can shove it down ur @$$

Hahahahahaha
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by BKayy: 11:28am On Mar 24, 2022
Buliwyf:

You don't know the meaning of democracy for sure. But you have learnt something today. Now go away. Class is over cheesy
Bloody Ignoramus.
This is the result of the election that saw Putin re-elected as a president.

Typical stereotype
Look at what the rotten shambles you received as education has turned you to

1 Like

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Buliwyf: 11:30am On Mar 24, 2022
BKayy:

Bloody Ignoramus.
This is the result of the election that saw Putin re-elected as a president.

Typical stereotype

Donkey. China's ruling government also belongs to a party. It's called the CCP. Does that mean they practice democracy? Or if a dictator controls every aspect of Government he is still a democracy.
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by toxtimmy: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2022
You must be the commisioner of finance of the beer parlour... Send me a message on here in 6 months for all to see.

Una no dey see beyond una nose... by the way the nato fascist eu countries that need russia gas are looking for you for your advise.

sapientia:
Controlled trading lol

Let them allow market forces to determine

Instead of learning, you are ranting

He knows much better than you

Come back and vomit this after 6 months

1 Like

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Bestbeelieve: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2022
dream on dreamers! when breeze blow you go see foul iyash! its ok to prop it up for now.
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by BKayy: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2022
Buliwyf:

Donkey. China's ruling government also belongs to a party. It's called the CCP. Does that mean they practice democracy? Or if a dictator controls every aspect of Government he is still a democracy.
“that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth” -- Abraham Lincoln 1863

Get out, you bloody Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by EinsteinBoy: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Until America deactivates the Saudi F16s and goads Iran to visit some hell fire missiles on Saudi

Every move has it own consequence(s). US is ready to sanction any country that goes against their international policy
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2022
If West wants to buy our Gas or Oil, they should go and buy or Source my country's currencies anywhere in the planet, whether from Jupiter or Mas I don't care. If they don't, no Gas for them. This is Winter time in Europe, if they refuse, they will all start dying like broiler chicken in the Zoo republic.
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by smart8956: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2022
Parachoko:
Is this for real?
I see China hand here.
Why did Russia has to close and reopen it this week after the sanction? Whoever is doing something with China,see the way their economy grows. Ever since China launch their business in Lagos, Lagos has been epic center for all kinds of Chinese containers. And why won't Nigeria's economy continue to be largest in Africa?
China & Russia they plan this longtime before Putin execute whatever military campaign in Ukraine. Or you think Russia has the business idea to push their economy? It's the Chinese. Other countries including Saudi Arabia are watching. Wait and see next phase from next month how world economy will stumbled. People will have visa to travel, but to pay for flight just to leave your country will be war. European nations including Britain and other countries will used that to reap African countries. It's God that will punish Ukraine leadership for pushing this war. Today you run to make peace, tomorrow you're asking for sanctions and weapons. As peaceful as Ukraine was,now see!

2 Likes

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Appleyard(m): 11:37am On Mar 24, 2022
Jeromejnr:
Now 11 percent about 1 hour ago

Rise of Russian Rubles coming soon..being a majorly independent nation ain't no joke.

So many folks don't understand that a nation that produces it's own energy, advanced in medicine and mostly self-sufficient in key agricultural products cannot be isolated by anyone. This is the fact and the quicker the EU realises it, the better for them. Otherwise, their own people will soon turn on them because of rising inflation. Already, Truckers in Spain have embark on strike due to rising cost. Some cities in Europe are now experiencing protest. If the gas wahala pass this level, Europe will implode with massive protest. Sanctions are a two edged sword that hurt everyone involved.

6 Likes

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Buliwyf: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2022
Jeromejnr:

But you're the insecure one na grin this one you took "boy" as insult.

Sorry..I didn't know it will pain you cry

It didn't pain me. It just gave me an excuse to deal with you the way I prefer instead of being nice. You know I like reminding everyone here that you are daft. In case they forget cheesy
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by maasoap(m): 11:57am On Mar 24, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
1 russian rubbles = 4 naira
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sanctions are like bullets
You can be shot and still survive.
But not for long
Until you die from your gunshot injuries

Russia just got shot, so it wont die quickly
It will die slowly from the injuries of sanction as time goes.

This 9% is intial gara gara, by the time September comes. Russia will die off
Forget it russia can never recover from this

September is around the corner and we're watching. I hope to remember this your comment in September and quote you again for your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by maasoap(m): 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2022
EinsteinBoy:

Every move has it own consequence(s). US is ready to sanction any country that goes against their international policy

And if it continues like that, how many countries will USA sanction? Lol. Don't you think they can have enough numbers to form their own economic block in the long run? It's herculean task but it's possible

1 Like

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Aromeh360: 12:05pm On Mar 24, 2022
Caution30:
All of these are just cosmetics... the conditions for the partial opening is design to make it look healthy... The Russians are living dangerously, once it's gas consumers gets an alternative..then they are finished.

Same way North Korea is finished?

1 Like

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by KingOfTheDamned: 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2022
BKayy:

Ignoramus, Russia is not a Muslim country although it is not a fanatic society of any religion.
In the Christian world, Moscow is regarded as the third Rome.

In rating democracy in the world, Russia has the most advanced, almost at par with what was in ancient Igboland where everybody regardless of size is granted autonomy that's why you can see the Muslim Chechens with their own Islamic laws and leader enjoying being part of Russian federation.

I am tired of the dirty ignorance coming out of Nigerians

Rag head Muslim

Disgusting
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by techWriter3: 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2022
Putin Fanboys doing to the leitmotif like
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Tzar(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
This is doctored. Not with the barrage of sanctions and uncertainties in Russia!
It totally defies logic!
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Idaytesj29(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
Judolisco:
lol....nigerians saying russia will bounce back as if Nigeria don bounce b4 for their lifetime...... grin grin

Does your Nigeria have an economy? A foolish or stupid country that export crude only to use the financial proceeds to buy patrol, diesel, oil, etc
A country that has three refineries and non is functional.
A geographical space where electricity can not last for 4 hours a day? A country that cannot save 50 billion USD as Foreign reserve. A country whose minimum wage cannot buy a bag of rice.

You compare that geographical space (cos this is not a country) with RUSSIA?

Continue with your intellectual laziness.
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Appleyard(m): 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
Buliwyf:

Typical bloviating buffoon. Show me where I quoted any article. This one wants to stand me face to face lol. You no go even free show up. You are the one posting and quoting articles. And that article you just posted was as at when Germany haven't fully decided on decoupling from Russia yet. Now that the new Chancellor has decided, things are moving fast.

In your first article you said 4 years. I debunked that. Now you are posting about 2024. That's a timeline that requires the usual EU bureaucracy that take a year to even sign documents. But with the new plans, bureaucracy is out of the window and rest assured that LNG terminals for receiving gas might be a major thing by the next winter.

Sense you no get. Learn you can't learn. You are always using every opportunity to show the whole Nairaland you are daft.

At the bolded, you are very wrong. Some of you think the European legal system operate in a lawless form like what we have here in African countries cool. On the contrary, it isn't.

First, building LNG terminals is not like putting cables and pipes together. There is so much that goes into it. The legal framework, the environmental framework, and the political timeframe viz the needs of the people and health of the economy. All of these makes up the bureaucracy you think can simply be thrown out of the window. cool let me break it down for you a bit.

In Germany, The approval procedures for an LNG terminal are highly complex. They are likely to take more than a year in regular times, but more likely several years. Add to that construction, and such a project can take many years. A whole range of legal matters plays a role. These include, for example:

Construction planning law:
In Germany, this regulates which (industrial) facilities may be located in a particular area at all. The corresponding construction planning procedures are complex. Many concerns have to be considered, and citizens and public interest groups have to be consulted.

Federal Immission Control Act (BimSchG):
If the construction planning law is complied with, an additional immission control permit is usually required. Large LNG terminals, such as those envisaged by the German government require approval under the Federal Immission Control Act. A whole range of technical and legal aspects is examined in such a complex procedure (see the following points).

If a procedure is carried out following the Federal Immission Control Act, it has a concentration effect. This is because the immission control permit also includes other licenses. For example, a separate building permit is not required. However, the concentration-effect does not mean that the other legal matters are not examined. Instead, the concentration-effect merely means that the responsible approval authority also deals with the other legal issues. These may include:

Environmental Impact Assessment Act (UVPG): under this Act, projects are assessed that may have a significant impact on the environment due to their nature, size, or location. The law is based on European legal requirements. Therefore, it requires extensive reviews before a project is approved - and public participation.

The Industrial Safety Ordinance:
This serves to ensure occupational safety in the plant and is also based on European law.

Building law:
More extensive building regulations must also be complied with, even if building planning law allows the plant's construction on principle. For example, building regulations, as a special safety law, place requirements on the condition of structural facilities to avoid hazards to life and health. In addition, as unique structures, the construction of LNG terminals requires compliance with stringent building code requirements.

The above are just the legal framework that governs the building of LNG in Germany, which must be met in strict adherence. These are law abiding societies, where provisions of the law are followed to the latter, unlike what you have here in Nigeria.

And the bureaucracy have not even set in yet. cool
Many technical and legal issues have to be examined. The location where these LNG plants will be situated will have to be mapped out and approved first. The people close to those localities must be consulted. A lot of documents must be signed. The government must involved so many third-parties, and so on and so forth.

While the government can still fast-track this plan by pushing through public interest claim, the legal frameworks already mentioned, particularly the one that governs the environment, will pose serious challenge because Germany and the EU is in the forefront of the Climate Change Save our Planet initiative, meaning any sidestepping of these laws will not only attract a truckload of legal suits from individuals and environmentalists, it will also give the opposition a political talking point.

So, if anyone tells you that the government will simply throw away these legal and bureaucractic framework and you will then get LNG plants in next winter, tell that person is a lie. cool

Even with the best fast-tracking of such projects, it will still take up to a year if not.more than to complete.

That's why in the whole of Europe, you have less than 33 LNG terminals. It's not as easy as you think. cool

Note: the above information is in the public domain.

1 Like

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by jcross19: 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2022
ivolt:
This is normal.
Sanctions are like cancer, they don't kill in a day.
The patient may be healthy for years before the full symptoms and breakdown occurs.
you are the one that will kill their economy! Even China are doing well in their sanctions..... Only a lazy country can die as you predicted, country like Nigeria!!! This is Russia...

1 Like

Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by AlphaTaikun: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
JEWELofHELL666:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/russian-stocks-gain-local-trading-071549353.html
MOEX... and local bargain hunters.
We'll see how far they can all go until things turn south on the
local financial markets. grin

My major concern is with the
global inflation that has hit many countries and how folks will wade through the higher costs of living never seen before now.
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by roGF22(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
pipnator00:
Dropped by 45% on the day it was closed and gained back 9% on patial opening.
Wait until when its fully opened, when foreigners are allowed to trade on MOEX and also when they allow short selling again, only then will we know if the 9% gain can be sustained.
Meanwhile, the 9% percent gain is because of the news that Russia will only be accepting Rubble for its oil sell which I think will be very difficult to implement.

Once foreigners are allowed to start trading their MOEX, I just pray all of them do not selloff...BC at the moment, selling has been banned, just buying.... (I don't know much about all these financial stuffs anyways)
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Buliwyf: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2022
Appleyard:

At the bolded, you are very wrong. Some of you think the European legal system operate in a lawless form like what we have here in African countries cool. On the contrary, it isn't.

First, building LNG terminals is not like putting cables and pipes together. There is so much that goes into it. The legal framework, the environmental framework, and the political timeframe viz the needs of the people and health of the economy. All of these makes up the bureaucracy you think can simply be thrown out of the window. cool let me break it down for you a bit.

In Germany, The approval procedures for an LNG terminal are highly complex. They are likely to take more than a year in regular times, but more likely several years. Add to that construction, and such a project can take many years. A whole range of legal matters plays a role. These include, for example:

Construction planning law:
In Germany, this regulates which (industrial) facilities may be located in a particular area at all. The corresponding construction planning procedures are complex. Many concerns have to be considered, and citizens and public interest groups have to be consulted.

Federal Immission Control Act (BimSchG):
If the construction planning law is complied with, an additional immission control permit is usually required. Large LNG terminals, such as those envisaged by the German government require approval under the Federal Immission Control Act. A whole range of technical and legal aspects is examined in such a complex procedure (see the following points).

If a procedure is carried out following the Federal Immission Control Act, it has a concentration effect. This is because the immission control permit also includes other licenses. For example, a separate building permit is not required. However, the concentration-effect does not mean that the other legal matters are not examined. Instead, the concentration-effect merely means that the responsible approval authority also deals with the other legal issues. These may include:

Environmental Impact Assessment Act (UVPG): under this Act, projects are assessed that may have a significant impact on the environment due to their nature, size, or location. The law is based on European legal requirements. Therefore, it requires extensive reviews before a project is approved - and public participation.

The Industrial Safety Ordinance:
This serves to ensure occupational safety in the plant and is also based on European law.

Building law:
More extensive building regulations must also be complied with, even if building planning law allows the plant's construction on principle. For example, building regulations, as a special safety law, place requirements on the condition of structural facilities to avoid hazards to life and health. In addition, as unique structures, the construction of LNG terminals requires compliance with stringent building code requirements.

The above are just the legal framework that governs the building of LNG in Germany, which must be met in strict adherence. These are law abiding societies, where provisions of the law are followed to the latter, unlike what you have here in Nigeria.

And the bureaucracy have not even set in yet. cool
Many technical and legal issues have to be examined. The location where these LNG plants will be situated will have to be mapped out and approved first. The people close to those localities must be consulted. A lot of documents must be signed. The government must involved so many third-parties, and so on and so forth.

While the government can still fast-track this plan by pushing through public interest claim, the legal frameworks already mentioned, particularly the one that governs the environment, will pose serious challenge because Germany and the EU is in the forefront of the Climate Change Save our Planet initiative, meaning any sidestepping of these laws will not only attract a truckload of legal suits from individuals and environmentalists, it will also give the opposition a political talking point.

So, if anyone tells you that the government will simply throw away these legal and bureaucractic framework and you will then get LNG plants in next winter, tell that person is a lie. cool

Even with the best fast-tracking of such projects, it will still take up to a year if not.more than to complete.

That's why in the whole of Europe, you have less than 33 LNG terminals. It's not as easy as you think. cool

Note: the above information is in the public domain.

I agree with some of what you have written there. And it may not be as easy as you think. But if you think that with all the war going on and Putin asking people to pay for gas in Rubles, that the European bureaucracy won't be scrapped or lessened to make way for LNG docking then you must think that the EU is run by morons.

Desperate times demand desperate measures.
Re: Russia's MOEX Stock Index Is Up 9% by Appleyard(m): 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
Buliwyf:

I agree with some of what you have written there. And it may not be as easy as you think. But if you think that with all the war going on and Putin asking people to pay for gas in Rubles, that the European bureaucracy won't be scrapped or lessened to make way for LNG docking then you must think that the EU is run by morons.

Desperate times demand desperate measures.

They will have to pay for it in Rubles because right now, that's the only way to get their much needed gas. No doubt, they will definitely find alternative but for now, they must play along.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Paul Kagame Wins 3rd Term After 17-year Presidency In Rwanda / Federal Appeals Court Dismisses Trump Campaign Lawsuit Over Pennsylvania Voting / Nelson Mandela In Permanent Vegetative State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.