Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State (18011 Views)

NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname / Medlin Chisom, Corper Faces Sexual Assault, Threatenes To Report Her Director / NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by oshaosha2014(m): 6:43pm On Mar 24, 2022
Who is the head of the family?

DeLaRue:
Women's fight for independence in Africa is going to be a very long battle.

The little freedom they have, men can take it away from them any time.

Why are married men not required to serve in the State where their wife is resident.

Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by afamaustin(m): 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
Okay
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by oshaosha2014(m): 6:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
Independence to be sleeping around all over the place like rabbit, birthing bastards, after marriage abi.
DeLaRue:
Women's fight for independence in Africa is going to be a very long battle.

The little freedom they have, men can take it away from them any time.

Why are married men not required to serve in the State where their wife is resident.

1 Like

Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by DeLaRue: 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
lonelydora:
Very good.

What a way to reduce infidelity among all these Hot young mothers.

Infidelity is a private matter between couples.

It is not the responsibility of government to police fidelity.

This sort of policy puts Nigeria in the same bracket as say, Pakistan.

Married men in NYSC most likely cheat more than their female counterparts. So why is the govt targeting the females.

Typical African patriarchal subjugation of women.

1 Like

Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Johel(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by offiahvictor(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2022
Cyntie55:
NYSC program should be scrapped. It's a waste of time and energy.

After graduation, and students are mobilized for NYSC, FG should just issue nysc certificate and 1 years allowance (₦33,000 x 12 months = ₦396,000) over to the prospective Corp members.

The money would be useful for entrepreneurial skills acquisition that will equip graduates to become self employed, and further create business opportunities for themselves. (Atleast for those who are serious minded)

I was posted to Yipata camp, kwara state 2019 for my NYSC, that place was so horrible. After my orientation camp I redeployed back to Benin.
I've been following your comments all day,trust me you made sense. can i know you or at least talk to you. Thanks!
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Parachoko: 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2022
bashuayi:

Can't waste my comments on a SIMPle Nincompoop like you.
Just get the f outaa here..mothharfackker
Good bye. Regards to your ma and sis in hell
Okay son of a useless and dumb mama.

Help me greet your useless and dumb sisters, aunts and niece

1 Like

Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by DeLaRue: 7:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
oshaosha2014:
Independence to be sleeping around all over the place like rabbit, birthing bastards, after marriage abi.

Nigerian offices/workplaces are a hot bed of infidelity by married men and women.

So, are you going to campaign for women to be barred from work?

Every policy should pass the test of proportionality. I won't be surprised if the proportion of married women in NYSC engaged in illicit affairs is no more than the proportion of married women doing so in the wider society. So why this totally unnecessary intervention by the government.

1 Like

Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by elujah1(m): 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
Image123:
This is so narrow minded. Of course, most husbands don't live in their states.
A seamless service year with your mother in law? Are they in primary school or day care?
Read it again
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Uchedizzy(f): 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2022
Nice one
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Image123(m): 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
elujah1:

Read it again

Okay, good. The heading says husband's state.
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Badonasty(m): 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
Nice one
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Image123(m): 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
linearity:

Read before commenting, so that people may think you are wise….it clearly states ‘husband’s state of domicile’ and not state of origin as you may have assumed.

Heading says husband's state. Good and better to hear it's the state of residence though. Not everyone is insecure or looking for validation online.
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Munzy14(m): 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
SmartProf:
Any married prospective female corp member who feels dissatisfied by this policy is a suspect.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Connected1: 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
Image123:
A seamless service year with your mother in law? Are they in primary school or day care?
You are a female under a male moniker and if someone tells you that you are a fool you would want to prove otherwise.
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by cutedharmee: 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2022
bashuayi:
Everytime everyday everyseconds every minute..I wonder how God create this species.
Can a girl pls explain to me why girls are so useless and dumb...
Boi ask either ur mom, sisters or the females in your family nah...dnt coman disturb us here undecided kiss undecided

1 Like

Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by linearity: 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
Image123:

Heading says husband's state. Good and better to hear it's the state of residence though. Not everyone is insecure or looking for validation online.

I understand your drift.

The heading may seem misleading….but it only says ‘Husband’s State’ very incomplete as that could mean Husband’s State of Residence or Husband’s State of Origin, but the content of the post clarifies which.

1 Like

Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by zoroby(m): 8:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
DeLaRue:

Married men in NYSC most likely cheat more than their female counterparts. So why is the govt targeting the females.

We are Africans. If u don't like it, change culture. Become a European
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by nemynely(m): 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2022
Image123:

Please read the article again. If this were IELTS, na odo ràbàtà you carry dey play so.
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by prophetfire: 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
SmartProf:
Any married prospective female corp member who feels dissatisfied by this policy is a suspect.
kikikikikikikikiki!!!!!
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by kingjessy(f): 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
bashuayi:
Everytime everyday everyseconds every minute..I wonder how God create this species.
Can a girl pls explain to me why girls are so useless and dumb...
it is very very wrong of you to generalize my dear.Is your mum dumb or is your sis ? Just don't generalize in the future please
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by bukatyne(f): 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
oshaosha2014:
Who is the head of the family?

What has headship got to do with the post you quoted?
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by bukatyne(f): 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2022
DeLaRue:

Until the Govt confirms this, let's not be quick to assume everything is 'patriarchy subjugating women'.

From my little experience, married women always sought for waivers to be transfered to their husband's base.

In the OP, there is a warning for corpers who plan to claim being married or have health issues as a means to get re-posted to their state of choice.

This clearly shows that this policy is considered a favor to married women.

Re-deploying them to their husband's state of residence would not stop them cheating if they are inclined.

@Married male corps members: They are a rare case. Only few men can afford to marry after school without getting a job.

If they also want the concession, they can request for it or request that the policy covers married male corps members.
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by oshaosha2014(m): 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
It has a lot to do with. As much as you people want to see marriage as partnership or equal whatever theirs heirachy.

bukatyne:

What has headship got to do with the post you quoted?
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by wiseoneking: 10:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
Cyntie55:

After graduation, and students are mobilized for NYSC, FG should just issue nysc certificate and 1 years allowance (₦33,000 x 12 months = ₦396,000) over to the prospective Corp members.

The money would be useful for entrepreneurial skills acquisition that will equip graduates to become self employed, and further create business opportunities for themselves. (Atleast for those who are serious minded)

I was posted to Yipata camp, kwara state 2019 for my NYSC, that place was so horrible. After my orientation camp I redeployed back to Benin.
And Benin was a paradise of some sort to you?
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by EngtTemmy(m): 10:35pm On Mar 24, 2022
What about married male NYSC member?
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Image123(m): 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2022
nemynely:

Please read the article again. If this were IELTS, na odo ràbàtà you carry dey play so.

ielts is a standard exam, they don't write misleading headings.
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Fourwinds: 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
MadamOk:
O'ga ooo so if my husband na from borno and I dey Lagos, so I go borno go serve

Nothing we go use eye see for education oooo

It just to avoid share of the pvssy...
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by ibinaboonline: 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
The money would be useful for the latest iPhone and a one-year TikTok data subscription.
Cyntie55:

Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Bimpe29: 11:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
This is very good development.
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Cyntie55(f): 12:47am On Mar 25, 2022
ibinaboonline:
The money would be useful for the latest iPhone and a one-year TikTok data subscription.
Everyone has the right to spend their money the way they want. That's was why I said "serious minded" graduates would invest the money wisely.
Re: Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 25, 2022
Padipadi:
I ll break frying pan on your head if you don't apologize by typing I dash you N20,000.
grin I dash you 20

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Forging NYSC Medical Results Please / Senate/academic Board Approved List Name Verification On NYSC Porter / Corpers Sensitize Secondary School Students About HIV In Ogun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.