Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:39 AM

Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns (8420 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / "Khadijah Didn't Mention ISIS When I Dropped Her @ The Airport"-Nigerian Mum Vic / Bullet Proof Cars Tinubu Flew In From Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2011
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Afam4eva(m): 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2011
Which one be quin?
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2011
Five kids. Now this is a yooroba folk. If it was an igbo person, ystranger and his yooroba CREW would aready have been here spilling shits
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by becomrichv: 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2011
they are not wicked in britain, they will give her an extension. It is not the way, you people see it in nigeria. white people are not like that.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by ZnO: 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2011
Cheap people always looking for the cheap way out. Cannot fend for themselves without cheating.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sunofgod(m): 9:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
Quintuplets on the NHS?

Let the british govt seize the kids, split them up and send them into adoption.

That will teach the woman.

Pissss-Taker,
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sunofgod(m): 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2011

A NIGERIAN mum who headed for Britain when she learned she was pregnant is battling to stay after having QUINS, The Sun can reveal.
Bimbo Ayelabola, 33, had been taking twice the prescribed dose of a potent fertility drug while at home in Lagos.

Within days of discovering she was expecting she obtained a visitor's visa for Britain.

And she ended up getting the best treatment possible on the NHS following an emergency Health Service scan which showed she was expecting four babies.

After months of taxpayer-funded care - costing an estimated £200,000 - Bimbo had a complex Caesarean op 32 weeks into her pregnancy on April 28.

Doctors at Homerton Hospital, in Hackney, East London, then discovered there was a fifth baby.

Now, two months later, Bimbo is applying to the Home Office to extend her stay in the UK because boys Tayseel and Samir and girls Aqeelah, Binish and Zara - although healthy - are too fragile to fly home.

Bimbo is also arguing that there is no "support network" of family and friends left in Nigeria to help her bring up her kids because they are all in the UK already.

Bimbo's husband Ohi, 37, is not. He came to Britain to visit her in hospital but fled back to Nigeria after discovering it was a multiple pregnancy and he faced being responsible for the brood.   cheesy cheesy cheesy

The Home Office will now decide whether to grant Bimbo a six-month extension of her visa which expired on June 27.

Officials are also considering sending her a bill for the huge cost of her six months of care which included treatment by consultants, paediatricians, nurses, midwives, social workers and back-up staff. But Bimbo would be unable to pay anyway.

She insists she had no idea she was expecting more than one child when she sought a UK visa after getting pregnant in November.

Taxpayer-funded care ,  Bimbo Ayelabola while pregnant shocked shocked shocked shocked

Bimbo had bought supplies of the fertility drug Clomid over the counter in Lagos and began taking two a day - double the recommended dose. The drug is also supposed to be taken for five to seven days. But Bimbo popped the pills for two months before discovering she was pregnant - and deciding to head for London.

She said: "I had already had miscarriages and couldn't bear the stress another pregnancy would cause. So I decided to visit my family in London. I thought I would stand a much better chance of avoiding another miscarriage in a calmer place with friends and family. Now if I go back I'll be on my own without even a roof over my head. My entire family support network, three sisters, four aunts and virtually all my school friends, live here."

Bimbo is helped by her sister Stella, 26, and a Nigerian school pal. They take turns to feed the babies in Stella's two-bedroom flat in Poplar, East London. But they are struggling to make ends meet as each baby costs £70-a-week in milk formula and nappies alone. Bimbo is being backed by immigration lawyer Mark Dada. He has applied to the Home Office for her to stay.

But a Home Office spokesman said: "The NHS is a national health service, not an international one. We expect those with no right to be in the UK to leave. otherwise we will remove them."

Tory MP Chris Skidmore said: "It's not acceptable for health tourism to continue in the way it has done."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3673011/Nigerian-mum-Bimbo-Ayelabola-flew-into-Britain-and-had-quins-on-the-NHS.html#ixzz1QyswcAu4
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by kandiikane(m): 1:34am On Jul 03, 2011
Christ see tummy.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by isalegan2: 2:28am On Jul 03, 2011
Sun of god:

A NIGERIAN mum who headed for Britain when she learned she was pregnant is battling to stay after having QUINS, The Sun can reveal.
Bimbo Ayelabola, 33, had been taking twice the prescribed dose of a potent fertility drug while at home in Lagos.

Congratulations to her and her family.  Her child-bearing chores ti tan ni yen.  cheesy

I missed where it said the sex of the babies, but don't they all look like a pack of screaming boy babies?  grin

BTW, I doubt she approved release of that photo of her tummy.  Just because she had a baby in UK doesn't mean her privacy rights are nil. The Sun Newspaper is an absolute disgrace and always will be.  The entire article is written in a mocking and condescending manner.  Although I doubt it will happen anytime soon, I do hope this habit of Naijas running to USA of UK to deliver their babies will one day become a thing of the past.  I still congratulate her for her five healthy babies!  smiley
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Musiwa42: 2:59am On Jul 03, 2011
what is their father name. i mean what is mr ayelabola first name.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Jarus(m): 5:25am On Jul 03, 2011
Was any Ayelobola your classmate in electricity engineering dept at Unilorin?
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by ada24: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2011
isale_gan2:

Congratulations to her and her family.  Her child-bearing chores ti tan ni yen.  cheesy

I missed where it said the sex of the babies, but don't they all look like a pack of screaming boy babies?  grin

BTW, I doubt she approved release of that photo of her tummy.  Just because she had a baby in UK doesn't mean her privacy rights are nil. The Sun Newspaper is an absolute disgrace and always will be.  The entire article is written in a mocking and condescending manner.  Although I doubt it will happen anytime soon, I do hope this habit of Naijas running to USA of UK to deliver their babies will one day become a thing of the past.  I still congratulate her for her five healthy babies!  smiley

why is she posing for the pictures in the first place. I doubt the sun took the picture of her stomach - it was probably a dear "friend" who sold it on.

as for her story - i see she has been briefed quite well, human rights will now be the next story.

i'm happy for her but as usual whenever nigeria is in the british press its not for anything positive
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by EvilBrain1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 03, 2011
Typical senseless Nigerian behavior. I'm sick and tired of seeing stu.pid people abusing prescription drugs the way people do here. From using powerful antibiotics to treat catarrh to the nonsense this woman did.

How could she be so irresponsible taking such a powerful drug without a doctor's supervision and at such high doses. She could very easily have killed herself and and all her babies. She was just lucky she managed to get herself to a place where the oyibo magas were willing to treat her for free. And the newspaper is also at fault for mentioning the name of the drug she used. Now god knows how many reta.rded nigerian women will want to try the same nonsense. For every woman who does this and gets away with it, maybe a hundred will end up with a bunch of dead babies or worse.

She should not be allowed to get away scot-free. They should lock her up and make her wash plates until she pays her hospital bills.

Rubbish!
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by OmoTier1(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2011
I have a very serious concern abour this article.In as much as I do not approve of what the lady did, however this is my take on this article.

1.I see it as part of the continued attack on the image of Nigeria by British tabloid all in the name of immigration. This woman deserve a right to a private life and I am appalled that the Home Office who have always claimed they do not comment on individual cases in press decided otherwise in this instance.

2. The article claimed she bought fertility prescription tablets over the counter in Lagos without stating where and/or which clinic it was bought from.

3. The article claimed the husband came visiting and fled to Nigeria after seeing that the number of babies were 5. Again, sounds like an invention of truth. From whom did they get thier own version of informatiom from? The wife, friends, or close relatives in London or UK?

As for the medical bills, I think the UK should bear the full cost. They claim NHS in National and not international, but why then do they collect National Insurance from foriegn born working in the UK who never use any of the NHS facilities because they have either a work or private health insurance.

Finally, it looks like Nigeria is now the new Zimbabwe for UK sensationlist tabloids. Are they tired of whinging about Mugabe?
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by OmoTier1(m): 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2011
Evil Brain:

Typical senseless Nigerian behavior. I'm sick and tired of seeing stu.pid people abusing prescription drugs the way people do here. From using powerful antibiotics to treat catarrh to the nonsense this woman did.

How could she be so irresponsible taking such a powerful drug without a doctor's supervision and at such high doses. She could very easily have killed herself and and all her babies. She was just lucky she managed to get herself to a place where the oyibo magas were willing to treat her for free. And the newspaper is also at fault for mentioning the name of the drug she used. Now god knows how many reta.rded nigerian women will want to try the same nonsense. For every woman who does this and gets away with it, maybe a hundred will end up with a bunch of dead babies or worse.

She should not be allowed to get away scot-free. They should lock her up and make her wash plates until she pays her hospital bills.

Rubbish!
a good judge waits to hear both sides of an event, take stocks of the fact of the matter, thereafter concludes.

You have not had the oppourtunity of hearing from both sides and you'r passing judgement already.Moreso that the article is coming from a tabloid who once claimed Lagos is the capital of Nigeria and that Nigeria is an islamic country.

I take articles from the sun less serious because they are a bunch of misfits
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by EvilBrain1(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

a good judge waits to hear both sides of an event, take stocks of the fact of the matter, thereafter concludes.

You have not had the oppourtunity of hearing from both sides and you'r passing judgement already.Moreso that the article is coming from a tabloid who once claimed Lagos is the capital of Nigeria and that Nigeria is an islamic country.

I take articles from the sun less serious because they are a bunch of misfits

The story is perfectly plausible. Higher order pregnancies like this almost always result from overuse of fertility drugs, it almost never happens naturally. I actually know a number of women who are abusing the same drug without a doctor's involvement. It's more common than you think.

That doesn't make it any less stu.pid though.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Ivynwa(f): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
Omo see tummy-o-o!
The tummy is looking like it reached its elastic limit grin smiley, isn't God wonderful? Her babies are cute, abeg what are they talking about? They should extend the stay for that lady so that those babies can blossom out a bit, its delicate to fly with the bunch of them. I hope one or two companies or philanthropists can bless her and her babies with some goodies that can ease things for her. It's a thing of joy that they are hale and hearty.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by 190: 1:37am On Jul 04, 2011
^Ivynwa when i finally NYASH you - U'll give me 11 boys and 6 girls undecided
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by konami001: 2:01am On Jul 04, 2011
LET THE STUPID WHITE FOLKS BRING BACK THE ART/ANTIQUES THEY STOLE FROM US, UNTIL THEN, DO WHAT YOU CAN TO PAY THEM BACK TWICE////
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Pafuri(m): 2:07am On Jul 04, 2011
Well, at least the kids are not white like a story not long ago.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by born2boink(m): 2:15am On Jul 04, 2011
guys will just pour it and run away,women will carry responsibility for 9 months,I pity the women as belle brown ,women are truly suffering more according to genesis
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Gamesmart: 2:16am On Jul 04, 2011
Sun of god:

She said: "I had already had miscarriages and couldn't bear the stress another pregnancy would cause. So I decided to visit my family in London. I thought I would stand a much better chance of avoiding another miscarriage in a calmer place with friends and family. Now if I go back I'll be on my own without even a roof over my head. My entire family support network, three sisters, four aunts and virtually all my school friends, live here."

How is this British government's problem?
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by vladimiros: 2:38am On Jul 04, 2011
i am tired of nigerians going to pointless countries to give birth

all in the name of money

i just hope the next time a nigerian gives birth abroad customs should not allow them back in 5 years
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 04, 2011
Yorubas and their despiration to get into the uk at all cost. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by lastpage: 3:02am On Jul 04, 2011
Before you start castigating this woman with your "herd mentality", sit back and THINK PLEASE!
Only silly people engage their mouth/fingers before putting their brains into gear!

1.) She's had a history of miscarriages before now. => Anyone who know anything about that knows that she will have a hard time getting pregnant afterwards and god help you if you become "A Cukoo Cock" in your husbands home!

2.) The infertility problem was why she indulged in that Drug (Stewpid Sun Newspaper should never have mentioned the name) though she should not have done so, without a Doctor's prescription and supervision

3.) With five babies in her Tommy, if it were you, will you walk-up to LUTH (maybe in darkness when PHCN is at work! Or have you not seen them doing C.S operation with Candle or Torch light?) and ask them to deliver  you of those things you've been sweating for? Be honest with your answer pls!

4.) She simply took the "best decision" for her life and her babies! (Nigerian Hospitals, lacking in almost everything, including stable power, may spell death for her and those babies). Countless cases abound where mother and child died because of poor equipment or power failure, even when they are only TWINS!. I bet if given a choice, most of you will do the same. I WILL IF I WERE A WOMAN! wink

5.) I am not against the NHS sending her a Bill, no amount of bill will equate those babies and her life!
Let her pay the damn bill instalmentally, even if it means paying for her whole life!

BTW: The husband's name was called "Ohi" and the story was that he bolted when he saw five little freaking mouths nibbling at his fingers, at the same time! But that one was just for public consumption sha or should l say "Mama's consumption" wink .
The actual truth is that "him" staying around will only complicate her efforts, as the Oyinbo people are known to "prefer to deal sympathetically with women without husbands" than a woman with a husband!
He just acted smart, in connivance with the wife! wink wink (Just let her get a "permanent stay" now and you will see my guy surface, sharp-sharp, from no-where, asking to see his children!) shocked shocked

6.) No need to expose her Tummy like that, it is not only indecent, it is a violation of her privacy. That picture looks like it was taken in a hospital and should form part of her "private medical records" at the hospital. Her lawyer should sue the Newspaper and the NHS, maybe they  would defray some of the cost (and learn a lesson or two from it). If she were "white" (say Indian or Australian), would they expose her Tummy like that? Just because she is Nigerian, she has suddenly become sub-human, abi?

7.) She has a perfect right to demand that her stay be extended and it will be extended, mark my words! You cannot travel with those little rascals  grin in a plane! The "compression at take-off"  will make their eardrums burst while the decompression  process at "landing" can suck their intestines out of their Tummy, they are still too young to travel, this is a matter of medical opinion and "Doctors" in here can attest to it.

8.) while we are all here drawing daggers and ready to murder her, can we please direct the same venom to our treasury-looting leaders (who by the way also have their own babies abroad at our own expense! shocked ) who failed to equip our own hospitals but will rather steal the money (can you still remember what Iyabo Obasanjo did with the health allocation, with that Health D.G/Minister Doctor Grange or what is her name again?).

If the British Govt Ministers and Prime Ministers have being stealing their own Health Budgets, she wont be able to run to Britain now and likewise, if our successive leaders have not been looting our own health budget, she would have stayed in Nigeria to have her babies so, THE SHAME IS NOT ON HER BUT ON WE NIGERIANS (for keeping quiet when it matters) and on our leaders who have turned ordinarily decent Nigerians into beggars worldwide!
Go figure.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by tpia5: 3:07am On Jul 04, 2011
Okey dokey then!!!!!!

Can you also ask her if the kids' names are supposed to be english or yoruba.

Never met a yoruna called sameer or aqueelah before.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by claremont(m): 6:44am On Jul 04, 2011
Sorry to introduce an ethnic dimension into this, but this issue of health tourism is particularly common among the yorubas above and beyond other ethnic groups. Typical yoruba behaviour, always taking advantage of every free opportunity and spoiling the chances of others. angry
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by hackdacrew: 7:03am On Jul 04, 2011
Evil Brain Na ran ce da Allah walahi talahi baka da ankali ko kadan ,if not so why abusing this woman ,to the extent of saying she must not go until she wash plate and pay her nonsense bill , YOU ARE A complete WAWA and wawan ci is worrying you, May God make away for her, you come in her abusing people that is bad if you don't have any thing good to say why not keeping your mouth move you talk , shege dan iska
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagewood: 7:11am On Jul 04, 2011
Carry go!
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:17am On Jul 04, 2011
Maybe y'all would be happy to hear that she died while trying to have her babies

in an Ojuelegba hospital.

Abegi, she and her babies survived! Thank God!

Her peeps in London should come thru for her, if they love her.

The Hubby just proved his love for her. Tons of "Love" angry
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by snthesis(m): 7:27am On Jul 04, 2011
@lastpage
GBAM!!!!! u absolutely nailed it cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU / FOR IGBOS ONLY (nairaland Forum Biafra Census) / Exposed. Why Yorubas Oppose Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.