Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns (8354 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / "Khadijah Didn't Mention ISIS When I Dropped Her @ The Airport"-Nigerian Mum Vic / Bullet Proof Cars Tinubu Flew In From Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by iragbijile: 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2011
There is no super sp/e/r/m here or whatever you call it. This is the miracle of modern medicine, quite different from the miracle of daman, but I digress. You get my point sha. wink

This is Clomid for you. Trade name is Clomiphene, an anti-estrogen  medication that works on the axis to inhibit the negative feedback of estrogen. Simply stated, this is all her fault. no super whatever anywhere.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sunofgod(m): 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2011
God this. . . . .God that.

The article clearly states that the kids were not naturally born.

So we are also going to blame 'God' for this calamity?

The woman was taking fertility drugs (Obviously the handy work of the 'white man' aka the 'Devil')

Ok fine - she's now given birth. So let her carry her arsse back to naija.

How are the British obligated to her or her children?

How much has she contributed in taxes and national insurance to the UK Govt?

Somebody do the maths - if they have to 'take care of her' and her children for the next 18 years how much will that cost?

The bottom line is its the 'Taxpayer' who has to foot the bill which I think is not fair on them.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by KDULAR: 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2011
^^^^ Its unfair that we are still bearing the brunt of the britishs selfish interest fostered on us like how many years back and Nigeria and Nigerians are still paying dearly for it. This is a small thing joo, let them take care of the mother and the children. and to her Congratulations, infact, a biiiig one grin grin grin grin wink
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2011
TOH, don't you agree with me? undecided
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
iragbijile:

There is no super sp/e/r/m here or whatever you call it. This is the miracle of modern medicine, quite different from the miracle of daman, but I digress. You get my point sha. wink

This is Clomid for you. Trade name is Clomiphene, an anti-estrogen  medication that works on the axis to inhibit the negative feedback of estrogen. Simply stated, this is all her fault. no super whatever anywhere.

You are puffing up your chest for no reason. Mr Princeton medical school tongue

and good thing I was joking about super spe-rm, talk about taking things literally undecided

No shyt she was on Clomid. Why? cos she has had several miscarriage. I'm quite sure she was recommended Clomid because of this. If one egg doesnt "work" the others will, if you hve one miscarriage, the other will be fne. Go check out the Health forum on here and see how many women are told to look into Clomid. Several.
Obviously she didnt think all 5 would take, usually such meds lead to twins at most, but then you have the crazy cases like Octomom and this.

I dont blame her much as I blame those who didnt educate her about the situation. The demented Naija docs. Usually they work on 3 eggs, Im assuming for her, they worked on perhaps 8 or more.

The biggest blame over all is those who gave her visa knowing her condition. The whiny Brits should blame them
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:20pm On Jul 04, 2011
Sagamite:

TOH, don't you agree with me? undecided

You were raised not to take care of your kids?

Hm, You're very lucky sha cool
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

You were raised not to take care of your kids?

Hm, You're very lucky sha cool

But the woman is there to raise the kids now.

Why don't you pity the guy? You are too wicked. undecided
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Kunbee: 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2011
Congrats Iya iberun cheesy

Taiwo, kehinde, idowu, alaba, idogbe cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:27pm On Jul 04, 2011
Sagamite:

But the woman is there to raise the kids now.

Why don't you pity the guy? You are too wicked. undecided

You had better stop chugging tht your cheap Irish cream angry

Na only wicked? grin
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 11:30pm On Jul 04, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

You had better stop chugging tht your cheap Irish cream angry

Na only wicked? grin

tongue grin

Kunbee:

Congrats Iya iberun cheesy

Taiwo, kehinde, idowu, alaba, idogbe cheesy cheesy

Kai! I was trying to explain this to a non-Nigerian a few weeks ago and I could not remember the last 2.

My Yoruba is slipping away. undecided
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
when you want to be oyibo so badly nko *hiss*

98% of friends are non- Nigerians, not to talk of Yoruba. You Brits are hopeless!  cheesy
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2011
Reading the comments proves how extremely different the racial climate in the UK is to the US. Unless of course that site is heavily moderated undecided
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 11:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

when you want to be oyibo so badly nko *hiss*

98% of friends are non- Nigerians, not to talk of Yoruba. You Brits are hopeless!  cheesy

I am not the one that speaks with Manhattan accent. I still have my Oshodi Boo'le accent.  grin
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by lastpage: 12:08am On Jul 05, 2011
@Iragbijile
Go back and look at that "Tummy Piksure"! Shocked

You just have to spoil it, isnt it? All the accolades don get into your head Grin

But God try sha, how did HE envisage such gargantuan 'enlargement and elasticity'?

God did not do anything? Must we give GOD all the credit?

The body, including the uterus, is very elastic. They can stretch as mush as required. Thanks to evolution.

I mean, if a man should suddenly have reason for his Tummy to get that big within a few months (as against gradual enlargement over the years due to bad-lifestyle choices), The Man will surely pass-over to the great beyond!

I dont get your point. The enlargement was gradual. She did not become like that overnight. Thats 32 weeks of gradual enlargement for you.

On sober Reflections, I guess this episode should once again, remind our women that God has "specific purposes" in mind when he created them (just like he had a different purpose for men to)and trying to "be the man" at all cost, is a negation of those ideals.,.,, ,., and a 'self-destruct' yearning!

[b]There is nothing God-ish here. Fifity years, more or less, from now, trust me , we will start creating human beings ourselves, no need to have someone carry the baby for 9 months, not very efficient. The cloning of Dolly was just a tip of what is to come in the future. Craig venter has started the process. Just a matter of time before we create human beings ourselves. Give it time. It would mark the final demystification of your God, a non existent, largely mythical being. [/b]The real heroes here are the doctors that delivered the baby. The finest amongst us. They are the God that should get all the plaudits. Think about it for a second, when family member go in to thier church or mosque and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that she doesn't miscarry, or that she doesn't bleed to death, or that she doesn't suffer acute trauma/DIC from post-operative shock, who do you think they're praying to?

Now, you go ahead and read your Bible or Quran, and you may go to your church/ mosque/shrine, and with any luck you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, the one that delivered Bimbo Ayelabola of her quintuplets, he was in different operating rooms at Homerton Hospital , London, on April 28th, 2011 delivering Quintuplets. and he doesnt like to be disrespected they way you just did.

My point is that there is no invincible hand, God, anywhere here. There is no plan, nothing. It just happens.

I get your point even without the elaborate analogy!
But trust me, you entitled to your own "God-less" way of life, its your move! wink

@Iragbijile
It would mark the final demystification of your God, a non existent, largely mythical being.
I can understand if your own God is "non-existent and mythical" but you will agree that l also deserve to be left alone in my belief in a God whose existence l have experienced in my own personal life and that should not be your own headache in anyway! wink
Its a free world you know?

No disrespect, but the Bible (l know you will call it "one manual on making Irish Chips"! grin ) quotes: "The Fool says there is NO GOD"!

Even many prominent scientists have come to accept the existence of an "omnipotent being", how much less one "Iragbi-something" who is just trying very hard to let us know he took a course in Genetics! grin

Go-on soun jare, as we say in local parlance! kiss
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by isalegan2: 12:24am On Jul 05, 2011
Oh, mehn! Thread is about to be De-Railed! Good work, Lastpage. wink
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by tpia5: 1:39am On Jul 05, 2011
Congrats to the mum though.

Couldnt have been easy carrying five babies at once.

The technicalities will be worked out one way or another.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by 4Play(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2011
Update today:

The Nigerian who cost the NHS up to £200,000 after travelling to Britain while expecting quintuplets has been illegally working as an Avon lady.

Bimbo Ayelabola, 33, applied for a six-month visitor's visa soon after discovering she was pregnant, travelling to the UK without her husband to visit her three sisters.
She gave birth to two boys and three girls in April after a complex Caesarean section and remained in hospital for almost two weeks, paid for by the taxpayer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2011249/Nigerian-mother-cost-NHS-200k-working-illegally-Avon-Lady.html#ixzz1RDDL0z6B
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by justwise(m): 8:16am On Jul 05, 2011
4 Play:

Update today:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2011249/Nigerian-mother-cost-NHS-200k-working-illegally-Avon-Lady.html#ixzz1RDDL0z6B

I admire her for even picking up job to contribute something, even with all the stress, though its against her visa rule.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by 4Play(m): 8:17am On Jul 05, 2011
justwise:

I admire her for even picking up job to contribute something, even with all the stress, though its against her visa rule.

Of course you do, you're a Nigerian. You admire her for breaking the law, if the story's true.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by justwise(m): 8:22am On Jul 05, 2011
4 Play:

Of course you do, you're a Nigerian. You admire her for breaking the law, if the story's true.

Well. . .if all scroungers do the same then the British govt will not be looking for a ways to cut benefit to save money.

I don't support law breaking but in her own case, she did wat is right for those kids.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by 4Play(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2011
justwise:

Well. . .if all scroungers do the same then the British govt will not be looking for a ways to cut benefit to save money.

I don't support law breaking but in her own case, she did wat is right for those kids.

British scroungers scrounging on Britain's money is a different to a Nigerian who's already cost Britain £200k. She's already scrounged more than many scroungers and as if that's not enough, she's purportedly breaking British law for good measure.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by justwise(m): 8:35am On Jul 05, 2011
4 Play:

British scroungers scrounging on Britain's money is a different to a Nigerian who's already cost Britain £200k. She's already scrounged more than many scroungers and as if that's not enough, she's purportedly breaking British law for good measure.

Like i said b4, i don't support what she did but i support the reason why she did it which is to save the lives of her kids,

is like me saying. . . i don't support violent but i will break the head of any burglar who breaks into my house.

The lives of those 5kids are priceless, so i don't care what it cost NHS. Money well invested, better than paying for convicted terrorist to remain in the UK and claim benefits even as they openly hate Britain and ready to blow anybody up.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by candylips(m): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2011
^^ true
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Coco29(f): 9:16am On Jul 05, 2011
kiss
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by candylips(m): 9:45am On Jul 05, 2011
Coco29:

kiss

coco kiss
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by 4Play(m): 6:21am On Jul 09, 2011
The Nigerian woman who travelled to Britain to give birth to quins at the taxpayer’s expense is married to a wealthy businessman.
Bimbo Ayelabola, 33, had two boys and three girls in April by caesarean section and remained in hospital for almost two weeks, costing the NHS up to £200,000.
Her visitor’s visa has expired and she is now fighting to remain in this country, claiming a return to her home city of Lagos would leave her homeless and without a ‘support network’ to help her raise her five children.
However the Daily Mail has learnt that her husband, who remains in Nigeria, is a wealthy businessman.
University-educated Ohi Nasir Ilavbare is chief executive of his own logistics company whose clients include British American Tobacco and DHL.
He also owns and runs an upmarket hotel and business centre in an exclusive suburb of Lagos, where his company, Spry Logistics, is based.
Suites at the facility in a gated complex cost £100 a night. The average annual wage in Nigeria is around £300.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2012757/Bimbo-Ayelabola-Nigerian-cost-NHS-200k-married-tycoon.html#ixzz1RaBKIRxA
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by iragbijile: 6:58am On Jul 09, 2011
^^^^

that is why i like oyinbo journalists, unlike the stupidddddd incompetent journalists we have in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by thameamead(f): 10:29am On Jul 09, 2011
@tipia

Ashimolowo gets £100,000 as the main preacher @ KICC while the ArchBishop of Canterburry earns £68,000.
£9.5M donatations made by KICC congregation in 18 months while £33,000 donations made by the average Church of England congragtion in 18 months.
£4.9M profit was made by KICC, source Guardian, the paper also noted most members of Ashimilowo's congration live in the poorest part of London.
These are the reasons are why Ashimilowo should foot the £200,000bill.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2011
thameamead:

@tipia

Ashimolowo gets £100,000 as the main preacher @ KICC while the ArchBishop of Canterburry earns £68,000.
£9.5M donatations made by KICC congregation in 18 months while £33,000 donations made by the average Church of England congragtion in 18 months.
£4.9M profit was made by KICC, source Guardian, the paper also noted most members of Ashimilowo's congration live in the poorest part of London.
These are the reasons are why Ashimilowo should foot the £200,000bill.

Obviously!

Lack of vital brain nutrients.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by isalegan2: 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2011
The below makes me even more glad for her.  God forbid, but it could have ended like this poor mother in 2009. RIP.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29354168/ns/health-womens_health/t/nigerian-woman-dies-after-birth-sextuplets/
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-237930.0.html
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by kandiikane(m): 9:53am On Oct 10, 2011
tpia@:

Congrats to the mum though.

Couldnt have been easy carrying five babies at once.

The technicalities will be worked out one way or another.

lwkmd grin
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Beaf: 10:05am On Oct 10, 2011
The woman has done the best for her kids and I congratulate her. Some of those condemning her are in the UK, not out of desperation, but for 419 and credit card fraud (just like Ibori).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? / Suntai Sues Speaker, Seeks Powers As Gov / The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.