Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns (8353 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / "Khadijah Didn't Mention ISIS When I Dropped Her @ The Airport"-Nigerian Mum Vic / Bullet Proof Cars Tinubu Flew In From Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by abt(m): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2011
Has anyone cared to check the comments on the link & read The Brits opinions. It's sad. I'm happy for her though. No be small work. 5 Babies shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
abt:

Has anyone cared to check the comments on the link & read The Brits opinions. It's sad. I'm happy for her though. No be small work. 5 Babies shocked shocked shocked

I can't see anything the commentators have said that was wrong.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by thameamead(f): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2011
abt:

where can i find those comments, dying to knowwht the brits think of her.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by iragbijile: 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
KDULAR:

britain and not Britain, england and not England, Nigeria and always NIGERIA. NSEB.

Home is where you make it. Besides england needs to be happy, does anybody complain about the billions in Naira they've stolen from our shores in connivance with some Nigerians.(bloody hippos) and question, have they returned the loots from Benin Kingdom , Ijebu land and the rest of this country?.  So why is someone crying over a paltry 400,000 pounds,. If those children grow up and one of them become something , they'll be quick to accept him , the Idowus, Adu and awhole lot of Nigerians up there are testimonies to this. However if on the other side like Abdulmutallab, then he becomes a Nigerian grin angry angry angry angry  Hippocrates of the celestial order. @ amarilo. good talk. Who no dey like awuuf?

What does my God, HIPPOCRATES, have to do with this bullshyyyyte?
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2011
thameamead:

where can i find those comments, dying to knowwht the brits think of her.

Check the link of the OP.

Most were not even blaming her, they were blaming their lame system that is encouraging and leading to abuse.

A stewpid system that is so bad, thousands of people get to an equivalent country, France, but refuse to stay and dream of crossing over to UK because everyone knows them as senior Mugus.

That is how 30-something year old men can blatantly claim 15 year olds and the mugus will release them and tell them to come back for "assessment of their age".
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by thameamead(f): 2:01pm On Jul 04, 2011
she needs to thread carefully, she's found a lawyer to represent her but the Tory led governments are not sympathetic to people like her, they would see her as scrounger costing the Nhs thousands of pounds while the people that make huge contributions to the conservative party pay no taxes at all,hmmmm.  the british governement can use money from some of the assets seized from some of Nigerian politicians to fund her care. I remember the case of an illegal Ghanian woman with cancer deported back to Ghana when labour was in power. Maybe the likes of Pastor Ashimolowo and other Pentecostal Pastors should come together and donate some of  their over the top salaries towards those little angels.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by coogar: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2011
thameamead:

she needs to thread carefully, she's found a lawyer to represent her but the Tory led governments are not sympathetic to people like her, they would see her as scrounger costing the Nhs thousands of pounds while the people that make huge contributions to the conservative party pay no taxes at all,hmmmm.  the british governement can use money from some of the assets seized from some of Nigerian politicians to fund her care. I remember the case of an illegal Ghanian woman with cancer deported back to Ghana when labour was in power. Maybe the likes of Pastor Ashimolowo and other Pentecostal Pastors should come together and donate some of  their over the top salaries towards those little angels.  

there's nothing the tories can do about her case. . . . .hers is an exceptional case.

she came into the country pregnant(that is where the fault lies), as at the time she was due, no airline could have shipped her back to nigeria to deliver her quintuplets. that she also had 5 babies to deliver isn't her fault. the tories should take this on the chin and accept sometimes they have to deal with issues like this. the last time i checked, the brits play the big brother role. they can deal with this.

won't this woman even need a 6-bedroom house in the heart of swiss cottage, 2 maids and 1 butler to take care of her quins? grin
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
coogar:

there's nothing the tories can do about her case. . . . .hers is an exceptional case.

she came into the country pregnant(that is where the fault lies), as at the time she was due, no airline could have shipped her back to nigeria to deliver her quintuplets. that she also had 5 babies to deliver isn't her fault. the tories should take this on the chin  and accept sometimes they have to deal with issues like this. the last time i checked, the brits play the big brother role. they can deal with this.

That's true. After the error the only decent thing they can do now is allow her to stay for about a year, so the kids can grow very old enough to fly and then they can take her back to Nigeria.

It would not be possible or humane to deport her now.

coogar:

won't this woman even need a 6-bedroom house in the heart of swiss cottage, 2 maids and 1 butler to take care of her quins? grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by iragbijile: 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
coogar:

she came into the country pregnant(that is where the fault lies), as at the time she was due, no airline could have shipped her back to nigeria to deliver her quintuplets. that she also had 5 babies to deliver isn't her fault. the tories should take this on the chin  and accept sometimes they have to deal with issues like this. the last time i checked, the brits play the big brother role. they can deal with this.

I wonder oooooooo grin

The kids are now citizens, omo onile fo sho. I double dare the Brits to maltreat them, and let them see me contribute my savings to their defense fund like its going out of fashion.

The woman is blameless. Only a fooooool would blame her. This is real life, got to do what you got to do to SURVIVE. If you are not cheating the system, you are not trying enough, so i was told.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by coogar: 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2011
iragbijile:

I wonder oooooooo grin

The kids are now citizens, omo onile. I double dare the Brits to maltreat them, and let them see me contribute my savings to their defense fund like its going out of fashion.

the kids are not citizens. . . . .their parents are not so the kids are pure nigerians but they still need care. grin

The woman is blameless. Only a fooooool would blame her. This is real life, got to do what you got to do to SURVIVE. If you are not cheating the system, you are not trying enough, so i was told.

she didn't even cheat the system. she has suffered multiple miscarriages in a chaotic country called nigeria. it's only reasonable for her come to the united kingdom and deliver her quintuplets. i would rather my tax pays for this woman's babies than the thousands of british yobs who go in and out of rehabs or the ones who stay at home doing nowt and signing on every week.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by violent(m): 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2011
Say what ever you want, these people violated and pillaged our country and continent to the extent that Buckingham Palace was made with raw gold.

very true.  heard St Paul's cathedral was built with crude oil
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Dotman01(m): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2011
3 gbosa for lastpage. . .gbosa, gbosa, gbosa!
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by iragbijile: 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2011
coogar:

t[b]he kids are not citizens[/b]. . . . .their parents are not so they are nigerians but they still need care. grin

Are you sure of this? I thought the UK is like the US where citizenship by virtue of birth alone is the norm?
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by coogar: 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2011
iragbijile:

Are you sure of this? I thought the UK is like the US where citizenship by virtue of birth alone is the norm?

that changed after dec 31st 1983. anyone born after this date is not a citizen by virtue of birth alone. morale of the story: never f[i]u[/i]ck with a female prime minister. tongue
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by tpia5: 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
Fstranger aka iragbijile is just catching up with the 20th (not 21st) century, i see!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by tpia5: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2011
And who is mentioning ashimolowo or other ministers there?

Let the nigerian govt handle the bill.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by lepasharon(f): 3:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
I don't know What d woman was trying to do because I don't think u automatically qualify for a british Passport if u give birth abroad
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by coogar: 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2011
lepasharon:

I don't know What d woman was trying to do because I don't think u automatically qualify for a british Passport if u give birth abroad

that wasn't her intention. . . . .her intention was to ensure the safe delivery of her babies. after suffering from several miscarriages, the last thing on her mind is citizenship.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by isalegan2: 5:16pm On Jul 04, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

I have a very serious concern abour this article.In as much as I do not approve of what the lady did, however this is my take on this article.

1.I see it as part of the continued attack on the image of Nigeria by British tabloid all in the name of immigration. This woman deserve a right to a private life and I am appalled that the Home Office who have always claimed they do not comment on individual cases in press decided otherwise in this instance.

2. The article claimed she bought fertility prescription tablets over the counter in Lagos without stating where and/or which clinic it was bought from.

3. The article claimed the husband came visiting and fled to Nigeria after seeing that the number of babies were 5. Again, sounds like an invention of truth. From whom did they get thier own version of informatiom from? The wife, friends, or close relatives in London or UK?

As for the medical bills, I think the UK should bear the full cost. They claim NHS in National and not international, but why then do they collect National Insurance from foriegn born working in the UK who never use any of the NHS facilities because they have either a work or private health insurance.

Finally, it looks like Nigeria is now the new Zimbabwe for UK sensationlist tabloids. Are they tired of whinging about Mugabe?  

Omo_Tier1:

a good judge waits to hear both sides of an event, take stocks of the fact of the matter, thereafter concludes.

You have not had the oppourtunity of hearing from both sides and you'r passing judgement already.Moreso that the article is coming from a tabloid who once claimed Lagos is the capital of Nigeria and that Nigeria is an islamic country.

I take articles from the sun less serious because they are a bunch of misfits

lastpage:

Before you start castigating this woman with your "herd mentality", sit back and THINK PLEASE!
Only silly people engage their mouth/fingers before putting their brains into gear!

1.) She's had a history of miscarriages before now. => Anyone who know anything about that knows that she will have a hard time getting pregnant afterwards and god help you if you become "A Cukoo rooster" in your husbands home!

2.) The infertility problem was why she indulged in that Drug (Stewpid Sun Newspaper should never have mentioned the name) though she should not have done so, without a Doctor's prescription and supervision

3.) With five babies in her Tommy, if it were you, will you walk-up to LUTH (maybe in darkness when PHCN is at work! Or have you not seen them doing C.S operation with Candle or Torch light?) and ask them to deliver  you of those things you've been sweating for? Be honest with your answer pls!

4.) She simply took the "best decision" for her life and her babies! (Nigerian Hospitals, lacking in almost everything, including stable power, may spell death for her and those babies). Countless cases abound where mother and child died because of poor equipment or power failure, even when they are only TWINS!. I bet if given a choice, most of you will do the same. I WILL IF I WERE A WOMAN! wink

5.) I am not against the NHS sending her a Bill, no amount of bill will equate those babies and her life!
Let her pay the damn bill instalmentally, even if it means paying for her whole life!

BTW: The husband's name was called "Ohi" and the story was that he bolted when he saw five little freaking mouths nibbling at his fingers, at the same time! But that one was just for public consumption sha or should l say "Mama's consumption" wink .
The actual truth is that "him" staying around will only complicate her efforts, as the Oyinbo people are known to "prefer to deal sympathetically with women without husbands" than a woman with a husband!
He just acted smart, in connivance with the wife! wink wink (Just let her get a "permanent stay" now and you will see my guy surface, sharp-sharp, from no-where, asking to see his children!) shocked shocked

6.) No need to expose her Tummy like that, it is not only indecent, it is a violation of her privacy. That picture looks like it was taken in a hospital and should form part of her "private medical records" at the hospital. Her lawyer should sue the Newspaper and the NHS, maybe they  would defray some of the cost (and learn a lesson or two from it). If she were "white" (say Indian or Australian), would they expose her Tummy like that? Just because she is Nigerian, she has suddenly become sub-human, abi?

7.) She has a perfect right to demand that her stay be extended and it will be extended, mark my words! You cannot travel with those little rascals  grin in a plane! The "compression at take-off"  will make their eardrums burst while the decompression  process at "landing" can suck their intestines out of their Tummy, they are still too young to travel, this is a matter of medical opinion and "Doctors" in here can attest to it.

8.) while we are all here drawing daggers and ready to murder her, can we please direct the same venom to our treasury-looting leaders (who by the way also have their own babies abroad at our own expense! shocked ) who failed to equip our own hospitals but will rather steal the money (can you still remember what Iyabo Obasanjo did with the health allocation, with that Health D.G/Minister Doctor Grange or what is her name again?).

If the British Govt Ministers and Prime Ministers have being stealing their own Health Budgets, she wont be able to run to Britain now and likewise, if our successive leaders have not been looting our own health budget, she would have stayed in Nigeria to have her babies so, THE SHAME IS NOT ON HER BUT ON WE NIGERIANS (for keeping quiet when it matters) and on our leaders who have turned ordinarily decent Nigerians into beggars worldwide!
Go figure.

Thanks to you both and the other reasonable and fair posters for taking the time and having the patience to compose your responses.

Some people are just too hateful for words.  A sick mind even wrote that this woman who just delivered 5 babies should be made to go wash dishes to payback the medical expenses!  And while she's on her feet washing dishes, the babies should starve from lack of mothers milk?  Too many self-hating Africans on Nairaland I tell ya.

The fact is, a hospital does not deliver quintuplets every day.  And they will get a lot of credit for their professionalism and effectiveness.  Everyone that took part in the delivery can have a degree of fame if they so choose.  The doctors and nurses on duty that day will all be thrilled to have been a part of it, and have stories to regale their colleagues for years.  To top it off, all those babies are healthy!  Some women aren't even lucky enough to deliver one healthy normal baby, and look at Bimbo with her lovely brood with 10 toes and fingers each, all normal weight too.

If your bitterness, anger and self-loathing stops you from congratulating the family, choke on it!

I'll say it again, CONGRATULATIONS!  smiley cool

Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by tpia5: 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2011
More familiar with taofik, shamsideen, akeelatu, binisha, (zara is ok though could have been zaratu or zaraina) but wetin be my own.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

As for the medical bills, I think the UK should bear the full cost. They claim NHS in National and not international, but why then do they collect National Insurance from foriegn born working in the UK who never use any of the NHS facilities because they have either a work or private health insurance.

This is a silly point.

So because some foreign born national working in the UK might have private health insurance then the NHS can be used by anyone in the world?
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2011
BTW, I doubt she approved release of that photo of her tummy. Just because she had a baby in UK doesn't mean her privacy rights are nil. The Sun Newspaper is an absolute disgrace and always will be. The entire article is written in a mocking and condescending manner. Although I doubt it will happen anytime soon, I do hope this habit of Naijas running to USA of UK to deliver their babies will one day become a thing of the past.

agreed.

But it is the fault of the embassy/airline. Didnt they say they were gonna start denying women who are over 5-6 months pregnant?
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by yoged(m): 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
justwise:

[b]B[/b]ritain not britain, [b]E[/b]ngland/[b]E[/b]nglish not england/english, [b]N[/b]igeria not nigeria
Na grammatical section we dey? what we need is the message,who cares if it start with either small or capital letter.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by yoged(m): 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2011
justwise:

[b]B[/b]ritain not britain, [b]E[/b]ngland/[b]E[/b]nglish not england/english, [b]N[/b]igeria not nigeria
Na grammatical section we dey? what we need is the message,who cares if it start with either small or capital letter.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by owugiri: 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2011
I pray she gets all the help she needs. At the end of the day the kids had no say in this matter and children are a gift from God!
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by lastpage: 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2011
Go back and look at that "Tummy Piksure"! shocked

But God try sha, how did HE envisage such gargantuan 'enlargement and elasticity'?
I mean, if a man should suddenly have reason for his Tummy to get that big within a few months (as against gradual enlargement over the years due to bad-lifestyle choices), The Man will surely pass-over to the great beyond!

But see "wonders", upon all the Bimbo looks beautiful with five rascals to match! kiss kiss
Like say "Nothin happin"

On sober Reflections, I guess this episode should once again, remind our women that God has "specific purposes" in mind when he created them (just like he had a different purpose for men to)and trying to "be the man" at all cost, is a negation of those ideals.,.,, ,., and a 'self-destruct' yearning!

I guess the feminist would disagree!
And probably call me names too! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2011
dont be childish, plenty of feminist have kids

what is your point? 

and how come God allowed her husband to run away from his responsibilities?
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

dont be childish, plenty of feminist have kids

what is your point? 

and how come God allowed her husband to run away from his responsibilities?

So you want him to take responsibility for 5 kids?

You are heartless o.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by coogar: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2011
Sagamite:

You are heartless o.

i am sure the man actually went back to his place of work in nigeria. those babes were delivered 2 months ago. the man must have taken few days leave and he had to return to his work. i don't think the man fled because he wanted to avoid the bills. the british media were just making it look ugly.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by iragbijile: 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
lastpage:

Go back and look at that "Tummy Piksure"! shocked

You just have to spoil it, isnt it? All the accolades don get into your head grin

But God try sha, how did HE envisage such gargantuan 'enlargement and elasticity'?

God did not do anything? Must we give GOD all the credit?

The body, including the uterus, is very elastic. They can stretch as mush as required.  Thanks to evolution.

I mean, if a man should suddenly have reason for his Tummy to get that big within a few months (as against gradual enlargement over the years due to bad-lifestyle choices), The Man will surely pass-over to the great beyond!

I dont get your point. The enlargement was gradual. She did not become like that overnight. Thats 32 weeks of gradual enlargement for you.

On sober Reflections, I guess this episode should once again, remind our women that God has "specific purposes" in mind when he created them (just like he had a different purpose for men to)and trying to "be the man" at all cost, is a negation of those ideals.,.,, ,., and a 'self-destruct' yearning!

There is nothing God-ish here. Fifity years, more or less,  from now, trust me , we will start creating human beings ourselves, no need to have someone carry the baby for 9 months, not very efficient. The cloning of Dolly was just a tip of what is to come in the future. Craig venter has started the process. Just a matter of time before we create human beings ourselves. Give it time. It would mark the final demystification of your God, a non existent, largely mythical being. The real heroes here are the doctors that delivered the baby. The finest amongst us. They are the God that should get all the plaudits. Think about it for a second, when family member go  in to thier church or mosque and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that she  doesn't miscarry, or that she doesn't bleed to death, or that she doesn't suffer acute trauma/DIC from post-operative shock, who do you think they're praying to?

Now, you go ahead and read your Bible or Quran, and you may go to your church/ mosque/shrine, and with any luck you might win the annual raffle, but if you're[b] looking for God[/b], the one that delivered Bimbo Ayelabola of her quintuplets, he was  in different operating rooms at Homerton Hospital , London, on April 28th, 2011 delivering Quintuplets. and he doesnt like to be disrespected they way you just did.

My point is that there is no invincible hand, God, anywhere here. There is no plan, nothing. It just happens.
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2011
^be quiet jo. If dude wants to thank God, so be it wetin be your concern., A person can easily say God gave the doctor the knowledge/brain to do these things. Ha!  cheesy

Sagamite:

You are heartless o.

who asked him to have super spe-rm? 

*snaps over head in rejection*
Re: Nigerian Mum Flew Into Britain And Had Quinns by Sagamite(m): 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

who asked him to have super spe-rm? 

*snaps over head in rejection*

And so! Is that his fault?

So he should be wasting his money on 5 kids? See this woman o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mutallab Pleads Guilty -- What Next For Him? / The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron / Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.