Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,333 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? (24133 Views)

What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m / Lady Shares Video Of House An Agent Took Her To In Lagos For N300k / Check Out "The Slice Of House" That Got Nigerians Laughing Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by phorget(m): 10:15am On Mar 25, 2022
Bros build house wey your power go fit carry o.
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Kingisibor: 10:24am On Mar 25, 2022
2bedroom comfortably !
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Ay04z(m): 10:26am On Mar 25, 2022
Start first my advice to u.... I build my 3 bedroom flat from 200k or 250k saving... For two years.... Remember house..... Expense no dey end..... Depend on ur taste for fancy stuff..... Start now if u get like 3 million already.... If u don't start and waiting for d money to big well well... My brother..... Nothing is assured.... But i pray for u
.. U will continue to excel.... Cheers..

1 Like

Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Johnsown1(m): 10:29am On Mar 25, 2022
Do you have up to 20m to 30m to build it if not start with a storey building first and still leave it open for another structure. Something like long term target.

A neighbor of mine built his for 5 years with his pension and gratuity money.

He was living in the ground floor before, immediately he finished the second floor he moved to first floor and he is living in second floor now. He will paint the exterior after collecting next year rent.

It's a long term project.
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by frozen70(f): 10:36am On Mar 25, 2022
Ndlistic:
Property gurus in the house, please, how long will it take someone that saves at least 400k - 450k a month to complete a 3 storey building in the South East?

Let's say land is already available.

Again, would you advise build own personal house (duplex) first or build a 3-deck house for rentage before building own personal house?

Thanks.

Note: I Said savings, not earnings. Thanks

Don't save the money, start purchasing materials of you are serious about building

The idea of going for a three storey building looks like a white elephant project

Foundation of three storey building is approximately 5 million because you are going to use 22mm rod

Start by pricing 22mm rod and 16mm rod per tons
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by doncollino: 10:41am On Mar 25, 2022
Three rooms and parlour. If you are the die hard saving type pls small side hustle with the current price of things in the market it will take you 4 years to complete at a total cost of 13 mill.
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by sorepco(m): 10:43am On Mar 25, 2022
Do what this guy below says. 400k savings can do a 3 storey building. U would like to suggest you save for 6 months before commencing. You are now talking of 2.4million and no more in thousands as foundation takes a lot of time and resources! After the foundation you can continue piecemeal.....shalom

Freestainworld:
Build 3 storey building for rental first, park in into one of the flats while leasing the remaining flats out, then gradually plan properly on how to build private house later.
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by dododawa1: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2022
Nigerian and short cutting mentality,can you get a PROFESSIONAL to do your estimate and construction for you, nonsense.
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 25, 2022
Snails:
First of all have a cost plan. Like how much is rod, cement, labour, water, just have and know the estimate of the building materials you will need to complete the 3storey building.

Then every month you know how you can allocate the resources to the project.

But if you wan build 3storey with 500k budget per month, just know say e go take you up-to 5years to complete.
How can it take him 5 years? If the cost of that project is 50m it would take him 10 and half years if he saves 400k monthly to complete it, if you add inflation if prices of things double again it could take him additional 8 years or so.

You don’t go into such projects with a saving culture this low except you wan get BP die young. You build a business and streams of income then you let your businesses fund your project so you can have a peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by sorepco(m): 10:53am On Mar 25, 2022
But he is already saving 400k to 450k a month. Na him e wan use do his building

Thinktwicemybro:
It depends on your responsibility. If you can save 200k out of it monthly, you can build a three bedroom flat in 3-4 years.
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by 07kjb: 10:58am On Mar 25, 2022
Just start u won't know when it will be finished,ones u have steady income, though building materials here in the EAST are very expensive
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by ojun50(m): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2022
[quote author=Snails post=111348657]First of all have a cost plan. Like how much is rod, cement, labour, water, just have and know the estimate of the building materials you will need to complete the 3storey building.

But if you wan build 3storey with 500k budget per month, just know say e go take you up-to 5years to complete. [/quote
you dey lie 5 years?

two years will do with 500k per month
he should get a good engineer that will give him full cost
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by tonididdy(m): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2022
People still get mind to dey build 3 floor houses for that naija .

Anyway to the topic... So your savings will be around 4 to 5m a year. It will take you at least 8years to finish your choice of building, in 8yrs time, prices of building materials will have skyrocketed, you would need another extra 3yrs to complete your building.

... Bra how can you use 11 years to complete a building? undecided

My advice: save for 2 years and build the first floor to completion, rent it out. Every 2years , evacuate the tenants and add a floor to the building .
PS: ask an experienced engineer for structural advice on building in this manner.
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by oldman112(m): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2022
My dear, just start, if possible buy materials down, I mean if possible the estimated materials, if it will take you two years to buy them better, labor won't put money but you see material na juju, you can then make out time to travel and monitor your work
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by ibechris(m): 11:08am On Mar 25, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:
By the way how do you m anage to save 400k per month in this 9ja
show us the way first, then we will advice you on the best house to build

Bad guy shocked shocked
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Fabbyking: 11:10am On Mar 25, 2022
My advice is build a 2 bedroom for your self first so that you and your family will have a place you call your own without paying rent and can be completed within a short time then gradually without much stress and pressure build for commercial purposes.

I also have a situation that I will need everybody's contribution. I am igbo and I reside in the North but due to the rising security situation in the county I want to relocate preferably anywhere in the east but the east is not that safe also. Even if I relocate what will I be doing, ideas:-
1- Build a guest house maybe later Hotel
2- Become a distributor of Nigerian Brewery (Beer)
3- Build self con. Houses and relax
4- Continue my building materials business
5- Continue staying in the North and investing something in the East
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by DeLaRue: 11:11am On Mar 25, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
How can it take him 5 years? If the cost of that project is 50m it would take him 10 and half years if he saves 400k monthly to complete it, if you add inflation if prices of things double again it could take him additional 8 years or so.

You don’t go into such projects with a saving culture this low except you wan get BP die young. You build a business and streams of income then you let your businesses fund your project so you can have a peace of mind.

Good advice.

If he doesn't want to do business (not everyone can!), he should build a bungalow that he can complete in 2 - 3 years.

No one has ever gone wrong by cutting their coat according to their size.

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:11am On Mar 25, 2022
Ndlistic:
Property gurus in the house, please, how long will it take someone that saves at least 400k - 450k a month to complete a 3 storey building in the South East?

Let's say land is already available.

Again, would you advise build own personal house (duplex) first or build a 3-deck house for rentage before building own personal house?

Thanks.

Note: I Said savings, not earnings. Thanks

While many answers here may be helpful, you can't be certain because the persons you need to be talking to are either an architect or a quantity surveyor cos after the architect draws up a plan according to the specs of a client, he takes it to a QS who draws up a bill of quantities a document which can give insight and let you know actually how much it may cost you for your building.

Talk to the right persons. if you need referral to a trustworthy architect i could point you in the right direction.
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Britishcoins(m): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:
By the way how do you manage to save 400k per month in this 9ja
show us the way first, then we will advice you on the best house to build
I save 20k daily from my business and my profit is more than 30k daily, it is possible to achieve if you don't have excess expenses
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Testimony1988(m): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2022
Snails:
First of all have a cost plan. Like how much is rod, cement, labour, water, just have and know the estimate of the building materials you will need to complete the 3storey building.

But if you wan build 3storey with 500k budget per month, just know say e go take you up-to 5years to complete.
hahahahah, it won't reach that amount.
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:16am On Mar 25, 2022
christ the solid rock grin

Rubyjade:
Which type of house be this wey foundation na 8m
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Joetttimua1811(m): 11:16am On Mar 25, 2022
I'm hear to read comment Sha
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Focusmind: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2022
I don't know the kind of markets people buy their materials that they are quoting 30 to 40M for three story building.

Budget close to 60M to 70M

I haven't completed a duplex and I have spent close to 40M, though inclusive of land

2 Likes

Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by biolite(m): 11:25am On Mar 25, 2022
My opinion..find out from your banker how much can they loan you to build three storey building first and tell them that you will be repaying about #400k montly.this will save you on inflation rate and future building cost.etc...get a loan first then have a repayment flexi structure to be paying back..my thoughts..

1 Like

Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Thinktwicemybro: 11:25am On Mar 25, 2022
sorepco:
But he is already saving 400k to 450k a month. Na him e wan use do his building

With 400k he can build 4 flats in 3 years. But not upstairs or duplex
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Uguruzik(m): 11:28am On Mar 25, 2022
House for dental or a hotel/guest house first, before personal duplex. Hotel or a guest house and garden gives more money than house for rental.
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by jesmond3945: 11:38am On Mar 25, 2022
Abaman001:

Lol... brother, it depends oo, I am struggling to finish sets of apartment (bungalow) for two years now with 8m cash before I started the building and I have put over 4m after the the initial 8m cash making it 12m plus still not completed land and land documentation already settled before embarking on the building....some modern story business buildings takes over 50m pending on what you want and taste of finishing.... building is not just the block work oo, but finishing....so from ur estimation of 30m base on ur 500k per month for five years may not be feasible if he is embarking on 3story with double apartment on each deck .....
do you mean one bungalow or sets of bungalow?
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Iykenuwa(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2022
Olam09:

5 years

Thanks
Re: What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? by Umorosky17(m): 11:44am On Mar 25, 2022
Focusmind:
I don't know the kind of markets people buy their materials that they are quoting 30 to 40M for three story building.

Budget close to 60M to 70M

I haven't completed a duplex and I have spent close to 40M, though inclusive of land
I tire oooo, very surprising.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt / Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? / My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.