Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos (24025 Views)

NEED BUILDING APPROVAL, APPROVAL DOCUMENTATION in NIG.? WHATSAPP 08069253261 / YOU WANT BUILDING APPROVAL, Approval documentation in NIGERIA?call 08069253261 / ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAN,BUILDING PLAN DOCUMENT,BUILDING APPROVAL & CONSTRUTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:12pm On Mar 09
Let me make this disclaimer before i open the thread.

This thread is my personal experience on getting a building approval in Lagos, and it might not be the same for everyone else.

Also, things might have changed depending on the time you're reading the post.

Lastly, i might not remember everything involved since i contracted the process to a more experienced person.

The process began in September, 2023.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:14pm On Mar 09

First thing, we got the deed for the land and proceeded with the survey to confirm the status.

Survey results came out good and we got a certificate from the office of the surveyor general of Lagos state.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by hslbroker2(m): 3:15pm On Mar 09
Oh God
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by hslbroker2(m): 3:16pm On Mar 09
ojasweb:

First thing, we got the deed for the land and proceeded with the survey to confirm the status.

Survey results came out good and we got a certificate from the office of the surveyor general of Lagos state.
we are following we legions @seun monitor

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:17pm On Mar 09
I sketched the original idea of the construction and transferred the sketch to the architect for perfection.

We got the designs ready including architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:20pm On Mar 09
The property documents submitted to the person in charge of the approval processing.

PS: I used someone who's a level 14 staff of town planning in the state (Lagos).

He proceeded with the approval process and shared the necessary requirements including tests to be performed, layouts, involved parties, and fees.

I will highlight them below.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:22pm On Mar 09
Among the initial documents submitted for the processing are:

1. Original land purchase receipt.
2. Deed.
3. Original survey paper.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09
The processing started and documents sent to the headquarters.

I got the assessment report and the need to make payment.

A cropped copy of the assessment report is attached.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:29pm On Mar 09
Assessment fees paid and receipts sent back to the person in charge of the processing.

All documents attached to the files and sent back to the headquarters.

My tax clearance certificate for the past three years was requested.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:32pm On Mar 09
After submitting every document, the approval was processed and we got the letter of authorisation.

We got the sticker from LASBCA, and we are informed to write a letter for stage inspection at least 7 days before the date we intend to work.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:41pm On Mar 09
Some important things to be considered are:

* The setback from road should be at least 30 feets.

* The setback from the street should be at least 20 feets.

* The setback from the other plots should be at least 20 feets.

* Construction beyond 1st floor will be supervised by LASBCA officers from the headquarter at each stage.

* We performed a couple of tests including soil test and some i could not remember.

* Some agencies i can remember are LASEMA, TOWN PLANNING, LASEPA, LSMTL.

* Local council also brought some letters.

* During the construction, no any form of disturbance from anyone.

* The estimated cost for the approval for this project was slightly above 3,000,000.

Note! Tax is mandatory!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:43pm On Mar 09
Stage inspection was carried out for ground beam, slabs and columns.

I got to know that lintel is not required for stage inspection since it is not part of structural requirements*

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:48pm On Mar 09
Pictures during stage inspection.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 3:56pm On Mar 09
Most of the requirements from the LASBCA inspection are technical and handled by the engineer.

The major ones i remember is a mandatory mat for ground slab (german floor), and the spaces between rings for columns.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by dettolgel: 7:33pm On Mar 09
Was the construction scheduled around the visit of the inspectors or when you get to a certain stage you inform them?

How does it work?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Kabfaxng: 7:34pm On Mar 09
Interesting write up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by chopnaira: 7:34pm On Mar 09
Okay reading.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Chibuzoripob: 7:34pm On Mar 09
sad wetin that bald head FIRE MAN dey inspect grin? LASEPA cheesy angry Isn't that for noise or something like that unit.,LSMTL shocked grin? Thank God,i nor see LASTMA,,PSP in the list.Well,.

it is for ur own good.Heartfelt congratulations. May it go round cool

15 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Tjra: 7:35pm On Mar 09
ojasweb:
Stage inspection was carried out for ground beam, slabs and columns.

I got to know that lintel is not required for stage inspection since it is not part of structural requirements*
True πŸ’―

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by inoki247: 7:36pm On Mar 09
Lol Me and Cement with Land no get business for now I go dey manage the one wey I get..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by SensualMan: 7:38pm On Mar 09
Y
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ideatoprince18(m): 7:39pm On Mar 09
Gf
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by bigdammyj: 7:40pm On Mar 09
Reading…
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by deji17: 7:41pm On Mar 09
Nice.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by fidelmarshal199: 7:41pm On Mar 09
Omo, no be small money o. Op, what's the size of the land

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:41pm On Mar 09
Above 3m for approval, when person never even begin build...

Have you finished the building, that's when you can say there was no other payment... Have you paid Baale of the area for roofing!?

41 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:42pm On Mar 09
Thanks for sharing. These so called inspectors ain't safety cautious. No helmet? No safety boots?

Lagos State can do better abeg

ojasweb:
Pictures during stage inspection.

18 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Regardless: 7:43pm On Mar 09
This is great. Lagos is really setting the precedent I can't lie. The whole states should follow put. I've never seen this meticulous inspection in Delta here.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Houseofglam7(f): 7:43pm On Mar 09
πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ¦―πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ¦―πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ¦―πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ¦―

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

London Fire: Muslims Up Early For Ramadan May Have Saved Tower Residents' Lives / Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) / 200 Buildings Being Demolished In Anambra For Ekwulobia Road Expansion & Flyover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.