Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

My Visit To Maiduguri - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Maiduguri (1290 Views)

Asaba To Maiduguri Via Abuja By Road (live Update). / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Maiduguri by Onlinefarmstore: 6:35am On Mar 25, 2022
So for the past four months I haven’t been chanced to visit my dear city Maiduguri.

So in this thrend, I will be documenting my visit starting now six am that I have stated my journey from jos to Maiduguri

My trip has started and I will be updating as the journey progresses

Maiduguri is the capital city of Brono state, and is an important economical, religious, cultural and transit city. It’s is in the only state that shares boarder with three countries- Chad, Niger, and Cameroon.

The city is one of the city that makes up the Brono empire (story for another day), and is a strong hold for the Kanuri tribe, which has an off shoot tribe - Angas of Plateau state.

Though Maiduguri was never captured during the height of the Boko Haram insurgency, it is important to note that the city has seen a lot of crisis.

To get to Maiduguri from Jos, one could either go through Road ( that is Bauchi - Potiskum -Damaturu- Maiduguri), or By air from Abuja, (Max air, Aero, and Arik air).

It is a six to seven hour drive from Jos, but could change to enternity if their is an attack.

For the sake of this journey I will be sticking to my experience from Jos, Plateau state (north Central ) to Maiduguri, Brono (north east).

Hop on the ride with me.

For more update on my videos watch it on Instagram via https://Instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by Totilopussylick(m): 6:37am On Mar 25, 2022
Brother.... please ooo...safe journey ooo grin
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by Toktee(m): 6:38am On Mar 25, 2022
Aboki nà sack you cut cover head.? grin
Goodmorning

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by MadamVanessa(f): 6:42am On Mar 25, 2022
shocked

Oga your mates are touring Europe, America, Asia etc but you're here touring Boko Haram, iswap , herdsmen anbandits ravaged region. Your safety is what matters to me, be very careful mbok .

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by RiyadhGoddess(f): 6:44am On Mar 25, 2022
OP please stay safe ooo. The country isn't smiling ooo most especially with these BH, bandits. God's protection be on you.

Ladies seeking a place to rent for a short period (a week, a month, 2 month), I have an apartment for short let at Abraham Adesanya Estate Ajah for shikini money (13k per week) pere smiley. Pay and move in nikan loku grin.
See my profile for more info
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by chatinent: 6:51am On Mar 25, 2022
Stay safe bro.
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by Toktee(m): 7:04am On Mar 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Oga your mates are touring Europe, America, Asia etc but you're here touring Boko Haram, iswap , herdsmen anbandits ravaged region. Your safety is what matters to me, be very careful mbok .
His mates are also in prison while some are in the graves or mad on the streets etc....leave the guy to enjoy himself most of you are joy killers?
Do you know that your mates are sponsoring guys to tour europe and America?
I hate people that love casting others down pls Europe is not his home but Borno state.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by Onlinefarmstore: 8:01am On Mar 25, 2022
Just got to Bauchi, enjoy the beautiful view of the hills

It is important to note that Bauchi is the first city you will get to when you leave Jos, it is majorly made up of the Ajawas, who choose Hausa as their major language some sixty years ago.

A beautiful city to behold, with rocks, and safari sites, this city is an important agricultural city, with corn, beans, pepper, tomatoes and vegetables chiefly amongst their major produce.

The city is located as the entrance to the north east, and site on the transition road to my destination.

We move to my next stop.

Bauchi is a max of one hourdrive from Jos.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by aieromon(m): 8:09am On Mar 25, 2022
Toktee:
Aboki nà sack you cut cover head.? grin
Goodmorning

He is an Easterner if you have been following his threads.
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by aieromon(m): 8:09am On Mar 25, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
Just got to Bauchi, enjoy the beautiful view of the hills

Comrade, why did you abandon the Kenya thread?

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by Onlinefarmstore: 10:49am On Mar 25, 2022
Just got to Potiskum now (Yobe state).

My next stop was Potiskum, Yobe state. A three hours drive from Jos, and a Two hours drive from Bauchi.

This city is protected by the present of the Nigerian army FoB Darazo, amongst others.

The city is part of the Filka Emirate, not until it was divided to give the Pokaskum and Filka Emirate (sensitive topic- will pass).

Potiskum host one of the largest cattle markets in Nigeria- if you are looking to start a cattle business, and they trade between Wednesday to Friday every week.

Though there is the presence of the grains market, but that isn’t my business, we move to Damaturu.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by Onlinefarmstore: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2022
Now in Damaturu where the real journey begins

This city is the capital of Yobe state, but is not the economic capital. It is the last supposedly safe zones in Yobe state before the dreaded Damaturu- Maiduguri express way, which is 105km stretch of road, that sometimes could take you three days to pass.

Damaturu is also an important city in Maiduguri to the Kanuris, and also an important administrative city in the northeast.

We move

If you Dey go Maiduguri when you reach Damaturu stop eat or eat well e get why I just ate now

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by Onlinefarmstore: 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
Day one of my visit to Maiduguri

This is Zabarmari #rice market in Brono state.

Located 20km from #maiduguri (capital city), it is also known as the home of rice!

With the market trading daily, it’s also know for it vast production of #onions #tomatoes and #watermelons

The town is located in Jere LGA, and was the scene for a #bokoharam attack in 2015, and 2020- where 48 rice #farmers where beheaded.

The type of rice produced in this town is exactly like foreign rice with no sand, and chaff.
Rice could be gotten in this town for as low as 30,000 for a bag of 30paint rubber of #rice

Looking at starting a rice business? Zabarmari is your best bet to start with!

Follow @cheapmarketdeal for more!

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by Ertugrul: 11:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
Abeg keep updating this trade...
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by Sarkin: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
Just went through all your topics, all i can say is they're outstanding.
Keep up your good works.
Stay safe.
Re: My Visit To Maiduguri by ashawopikin(m): 3:56am On Jul 27, 2022
Onlinefarmstore:
Day one of my visit to Maiduguri

This is Zabarmari #rice market in Brono state.

Located 20km from #maiduguri (capital city), it is also known as the home of rice!

The town is located in Jere LGA, and was the scene for a #bokoharam attack in 2015, and 2020- where 48 rice #farmers where beheaded.

Looking at starting a rice business? Zabarmari is your best bet to start with!

Follow @cheapmarketdeal for more!

God forbid, una dey find person wey una go kill, I'd rather go to seme

(1) (Reply)

My First Week In Manchester And I Visited Old Trafford Stadium / How Can I Get A Genuine Visa To Europe? / Fully Loaded Brt Bus Plunges Into Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.