Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" (28303 Views)

When I Was Pregnant, I Was Mocked, Suspended By Church - Female SUG President / She Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She Saw The Baby's Head / Mum, 32, Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She Gave Birth On The Toilet (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by ogbiwa: 7:29am On Mar 25, 2022
A Cardiff mum claims she didn't know she was pregnant until she woke up needing to go to the toilet then gave birth in the middle of the night.

Nicola Thomas had gone to bed the night before after experiencing some discomfort but put it down to her period, which had continued to have throughout her surprise pregnancy.

The 36-year-old took some paracetamol, continued with household chores like doing the washing, and put the children to bed before going to sleep herself, Wales Online reports.

But at around 3am on March 15, when she woke up was woken up by her three-year-old daughter Blayke needing to go to the bathroom, things took an unexpected turn.

It was only when she started pushing where she was that she was quickly confronted with the reality of the situation: she was in labour.

She said: "I just put my hands down there and felt the baby's head."

Nicola then had to ask Blayke to wake her 14-year-old sister Ellis in order to help deliver the baby.

Nicola said: "She delivered the baby, checked the cord wasn't wrapped around her neck. I'm hoping she'll be a midwife now when she's older."

Despite Nicola's hopes for her eldest's future she said Ellis was far too shocked and put off by the experience to ever repeat the situation but successfully delivered her new sister Baylee-Rae who weighed in at 6lb 15oz.

An ambulance swiftly arrived at the home where the paramedics also shared their disbelief at the surprise birth.

After a five-day stint in hospital, completing all necessary checks as Nicola hadn't known to attend pre-natal scans, mother and baby are both well and home adjusting to their new life.

Nicola said: "I just had no idea. With the other two [pregnancies] I was so unwell – I had morning sickness, I was just sick so much with the first two, and this time nothing. It's just nuts it is.

"I'm staying with my mum this week just getting used to it, having a three-year-old going back and forth to nursery as well."

Nicola's family have all been quick to get on board and help out following the surprise delivery, buying all new baby clothes and items that most parents have months to get together.

"I'd chucked it all [from before] out so my family members have been rushing around getting everything."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/mum-didnt-know-pregnant-until-26534369

12 Likes

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by thesicilian: 7:36am On Mar 25, 2022
I'd be too ashamed to reveal this level of dumb ignorance to the world

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Totilopussylick(m): 7:39am On Mar 25, 2022
ArchiLimited:
Some people plan and prepare for months during pregnancy only to experience difficult labor lasting for hours, while for others with zero preparation but everything happens in minutes. Paradox
There's this lady, she works for us in our boutique in Abuja.

She has a boyfriend she visits frequently, she got pregnant and didn't know.

Her boobs size became larger than it was before and still she didn't know she was pregnant cheesy

Its amazes me how lately i was the one that told her she's pregnant before she found out.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Flexherbal(m): 7:40am On Mar 25, 2022
This is amazing.

So, no single sign of pregnancy, at all!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by MadamVanessa(f): 7:44am On Mar 25, 2022
shocked

So for this period of months she was pregnant was she still menstruating, didn't she observed that things were changing in her body? I am confused

If at all no changes occurred in her body, and she was still menstruating, then they should keep an eyes on that baby closely, a genius has landed.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Kilotat: 7:46am On Mar 25, 2022
Ok Na White people, Them dumb die..... No Issue their. Just check my updated Signature

4 Likes

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by ogbiwa: 8:00am On Mar 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

So for this period of months she was pregnant was she still menstruating, didn't she observed that things were changing in her body? I am confused

Yes the article says she was still menstruating.

15 Likes

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 25, 2022
This woman mumu pass mumu.
What the hell??
Impossible!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:17am On Mar 25, 2022
It's called a crypto pregnancy or cryptic pregnancy.

I've seen a case like that, her stomach was so flat, nobody that night believed she in labour. 15mins after, bouncing baby girl was out.

19 Likes

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by flames007(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2022
thesicilian:
I'm deeply puzzled myself. That woman is not normal. i mean, pregnancy is a strenuous period. How in the world would you say you didn't feel a thing. Haa.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by flames007(m): 9:06am On Mar 25, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
It's called a crypto pregnancy or cryptic pregnancy.

I've seen a case like that, her stomach was so flat, nobody that night believed she in labour. 15mins after, bouncing baby girl was out.
That's not the point. in as much as there's something called crypto pregnancy, the said mother still knew she was pregnant; this one didn't(like how?). �

5 Likes

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Uprightness100(m): 9:46am On Mar 25, 2022
[s]
thesicilian:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Acidosis(m): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2022
thesicilian:

I think the mistake we make is assume science has all the answers. Science is evolving. Many elements, compounds, etc. have yet to be named. It is not uncommon to see terms like "unexplained condition", "medically unexplainable", and "idiopathic conditions".

It is likely that she mistook abnormal bleeding for menstruation. Given her body size, a protruding belly is also very unlikely.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by mii4u(f): 11:47am On Mar 25, 2022
Totilopussylick:
There's this lady, she works for us in our boutique in Abuja.

She has a boyfriend she visits frequently, she got pregnant and didn't know.

Her boobs size became larger than it was before and still she didn't know she was pregnant cheesy

Its amazes me how lately i was the one that told her she's pregnant before she found out.
How many months?
Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by mii4u(f): 11:48am On Mar 25, 2022
Let's assume she didn't feel a thing, so the baby didn't kick as well?

5 Likes

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by dake40(m): 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Cryptic pregnancy

Should this happen in Africa, trust me, it's always village people

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Xaya: 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
What about her tummy
Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by owiko(m): 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
The more you try to connect the dots in this woman's story, the more confused you become. Congrats to her sha

5 Likes

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by tillaman(m): 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
sad
I find this difficult to believe though, she looks chubby but it still doesn’t seem entirely true to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by faithfull18(f): 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
Wawu.
Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Franky70(m): 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
ArchiLimited:
Some people plan and prepare for months during pregnancy only to experience difficult labor lasting for hours, while for others with zero preparation but everything happens in minutes. Paradox

Honestly
Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by JosephXavier: 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
T
Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Hezzyluv: 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
The baby's name should be "Iyanu" surpris surprise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by bouncin04(m): 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
grin
Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by princeemmma(m): 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
Am not surprised, when my wife got pregnant she did not know, she was even seeing her menst stuffs, but i knew first, i just kept calm thinking it was my mindset....no vomitting, no getting tired or getting sick, she was her normal self ............ not until the day she started feeling like something moving in her stomach, when she told me i smiled and told her she is pregnant, she denied and even did not believe me, that's when she decide to go for test.......... and it was true

14 Likes

Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Olam09(m): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Re: Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" by Goldbw122(m): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
It is na wa, that means she did not visit hospital in her life as a woman, na wa.. this woman needs some check up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! / Nigerian Lady Visits US Mayor With Her Triplets After 10 Years Of Barrennes.PICS / My Wife Bleaches And Smells; It's Affecting My Health: Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.