Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! (20172 Views)

I Got This Interview I Never Applied, Photo / Lady Narrates How She Was Called For An Interview But Was Given N800 To Leave / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Bankowner: 12:03am On Mar 26, 2022
Interviews are not that bad that you have to panic when invited for one. You panic when you're not sure of your own competence and that, my friend, is the beginning of failure.

To business, google your job role and get as much information you need. Also research the company to know a little about them. The important thing is to be bold and answer questions to the best of your ability.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 26, 2022
Good luck
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by pocohantas(f): 12:45am On Mar 26, 2022
ImaIma1:

For a moment there, you sounded like Nwaamikpe cheesy

Lmao! Really? That one na mental case na.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by miraculousGod(m): 1:42am On Mar 26, 2022
contact a staff of that hospital that you Know and Ask for direction. scoring 100% in the interview doesn't guarantee that you get the job.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Vision101(m): 2:02am On Mar 26, 2022
@ImaIma1

For a moment there, you sounded like Nwaamikpe :

@me
Longest time. How you dey?
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Bahamas95(m): 2:36am On Mar 26, 2022
We4all:
They will ask personal and general questions most likely. Regardless, you will definitely encounter an ‘ITK’ who may start asking you why salt dissolves in water.

The idea is to throw you off balance and make you feel less. Panic not and say whatever comes to mind so as not to appear dumb.
Just like Broda Shaggi right? cheesy

He dey talk rubbish with confidence.....I wonder wetin dem teach am for Methodist girls.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:51am On Mar 26, 2022
Go and do your own research.

Scientific Officer, and conducting a personal research didn't immediately occur to you?

Would have been great if this post was merely to get context after carrying out your own research... and not a first course of action.
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Skillsnigeria: 3:22am On Mar 26, 2022
Hmmm
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Lama70(m): 3:32am On Mar 26, 2022
Reminds me of year 2006 interview as a university porter.
HR: What would be your job as a porter?
ME: I think it's more like security job.
PANEL: (in chorus) haaa! You don't even know what you applied for.
Long story short. I got the job out of the whole 17 applicants.
May that my grace of 2006 work for you.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Munzy14(m): 3:38am On Mar 26, 2022
pocohantas:

Scientific questions. smiley
Ordinarily I think your duties should be research oriented, but this is Nigeria. I suspect your role was created to accommodate the side-chicks and family members of Ogas at the top. I won’t be surprised they would be sending you to buy ofada rice and chilled coke.

As for your salary, e go be between 100-150k. Na wetin I dey see for my crystal ball.
Lmao.. grin grin

You be case.
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Munzy14(m): 3:40am On Mar 26, 2022
lordmayor2013:
I have an interview on Monday at lasuth , I applied as a scientific officer. What are the likely questions I would be asked and what's the start up salary
Scientific officer kwa cheesy

All this state universities though.
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by LordVarys1: 4:45am On Mar 26, 2022
You will work in thr lab na. Nothing serious
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Bullet01(f): 5:16am On Mar 26, 2022
I think your work will be lab related job. It's likely to revolve around lab experiment and other related services so prepare towards that area.

Your salary depends on your career cader or level. Most times institutions like this starts with level 9 for a graduate with degree or 8 for HND graduates. Expect about 100k for level 9 and 90k for level 8. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by phemmyfour: 5:38am On Mar 26, 2022
lordmayor2013:
I have an interview on Monday at lasuth , I applied as a scientific officer. What are the likely questions I would be asked and what's the start up salary
It's about "who you know" from here. Hope you are a lagosian
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by lordmayor2013(m): 6:16am On Mar 26, 2022
Well I studied microbiology. It was after applying as a microbiologist and I wasn't selected, that was when I was advised to apply as a scientific officer

Ordinarily I think your duties should be research oriented, but this is Nigeria. I suspect your role was created to accommodate the side-chicks and family members of Ogas at the top. I won’t be surprised they would be sending you to buy ofada rice and chilled coke.

As for your salary, e go be between 100-150k. Na wetin I dey see for my crystal ball.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by lordmayor2013(m): 6:18am On Mar 26, 2022
I hope so Sha
Cos I studied microbiology

think your work will be lab related job. It's likely to revolve around lab experiment and other related services so prepare towards that area.

Your salary depends on your career cader or level. Most times institutions like this starts with level 9 for a graduate with degree or 8 for HND graduates. Expect about 100k for level 9 and 90k for level 8. Good luck.[/quote]
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by lolu2019: 6:21am On Mar 26, 2022
kponkedenge:
Scientific officers basically do research work. And it's weird you applied for a post and you don't even have an idea about the job itself.
it's nothing bro.zero experience doesn't really matter. with time,he will cope
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Newyorkitis(m): 6:37am On Mar 26, 2022
ForestHill:
Where do you see the universe in the next 5years
Do you believe in the new world order?
Who do you think will lead the new world order ?

Probable answers to your questions, sir.
More adverse effects due to climate change.
Definitely! Change is constant.
Xi pin of China or Nigeria �� hehehehe.
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Waterlilly: 6:48am On Mar 26, 2022
pocohantas:

As for your salary, e go be between 100-150k. Na wetin I dey see for my crystal ball.
lol
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Bouncin(m): 6:50am On Mar 26, 2022
The scientific officers in the hospital I worked basically analyse data. The data you collect depend on the department you are working with.
Those at the pharmacy then were collecting and analysing drug flow. The kind of drug patients buy and their various brands and stuffs like that.
But trust Nigerian system. Those scientist just de flex for that hospital. They only come, clock in and begin to gallivant in the hospital. Even those that will stay in their duty Posts hardly do anything. They just stay there till close time and they go. The work is a chilling one.

Op, just do well in the interview. If LASUTH is like ours, na flexing you go just de flex. Most times you be will be getting payed for doing nothing. grin
For the interview, I don't know what you should expect but make sure you attempt every question with BOLDNESS cool. You can be saying trash with confidence grin just be BOLD, relax and smile.
Finally and most importantly, try and know someone who might know someone grin

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by faithfull18(f): 7:04am On Mar 26, 2022
Don't be surprised when you get questions like 'why do you want to work with us?' or 'How do you apply your course of study to the growth of the hospital?'. If you are on entry level, pay should be 70 - 90k.

1 Like

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Myer(m): 7:10am On Mar 26, 2022
kponkedenge:
Scientific officers basically do research work. And it's weird you applied for a post and you don't even have an idea about the job itself.

How did you come to the conclusion that he has no idea about the job just cos he asked for likely interview questions and pointers?

You need Puma endorsement with the way you jump into conclusions.

1 Like

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Barrywhite8620: 7:33am On Mar 26, 2022
Myer:

How did you come to the conclusion that he has no idea about the job just cos he asked for likely interview questions and pointers?

You need Puma endorsement with the way you jump into conclusions.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 26, 2022
grin
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by imagrg(m): 7:55am On Mar 26, 2022
This is an expo. So don't disclose it to anyone oh.

The questions are:
1. Define Science.
2. Who will be the next president of Nigeria?
3. How many legs has a human being?
4. What is that thing between a woman's legs called?
5. How many times have you entered a ladies kpekus?
6. How many pubic hairs grow on a lady's kpekus?

YOU can find out the answers from your Advance Learners' Dictionary.
NOTE: Cram the answers and don't allow them to ask you any question before you start to dish out the answers. I bet you will get this job pronto.
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by Joetttimua1811(m): 7:59am On Mar 26, 2022
I'm here to read comments, please more comments.
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by BTCog: 8:01am On Mar 26, 2022
lordmayor2013:

Just search for job description of scientific officer on Google and thank me later. You may also check this: https://bestaccreditedcolleges.org/articles/scientific-officer-job-description-duties-salary-and-outlook.html

and

https://www.otago.ac.nz/humanresources/training/academic-staff/academic-titles/otago069312.html

1 Like

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by sinaj(f): 8:36am On Mar 26, 2022
lordmayor2013:
Scientific officer, you will be in charge of staff's files thats all.

Start up salary depends on your level of education and the level you coming in as.
If you are a bsc holder, you will be placed on level 7 and salary under ippis is currently 92k.

Will increase to about125k in few months tho.

1 Like

Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by PrinceGallant: 8:41am On Mar 26, 2022
Once I attended an interview like that, I travelled from Ibadan to Abeokuta. I had fully prepared for it, I revised all my university textbooks. Tó my utter dismay, when I faced the panel of interviewers, they just asked me to tell them about myself, after that they asked if I did tell lie? And I said yes.

And that was my first job
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by lordmayor2013(m): 8:48am On Mar 26, 2022
tmoneyu:
Go through the advert for the job description, make sure u research well. Good luck

It wasn't advertised, I just submitted when they were doing mass recruitment and I was advised to apply as a scientific officer
Re: I'm Called For An Interview, I Need Help! by lordmayor2013(m): 8:53am On Mar 26, 2022
arthurwillia:
Lol interview in lasuth and you are here, instead make you Dey find connection

So where make I find connection go

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me With Free Electronic Gmat / A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company / SABmiller PLC Massive Recruitment (36 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.