Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? (17809 Views)

How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? / I Am Searching For A Job Or Source Of Income / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Handsnigga: 5:14am On Mar 29, 2022
harsysky:

What do you do or which field are you into?
Digital Marketing

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Daroldigits: 5:47am On Mar 29, 2022
Freedom for me
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by omofela85(m): 6:59am On Mar 29, 2022
Gamesmart:

You English grammar is too good to be a mere porter.
English no be my mama and papa language. English hard. But did you just call it mere porter.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Truth801(m): 8:07am On Mar 29, 2022
Karlzy01:
I have an online business that pays me at least 20k every week so I'm covered.

It's only a fool that will rely on a single source of income in Nigeria.

If you're interested in starting your own online business you can contact me.
I am interested
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by yinkbell: 8:41am On Mar 29, 2022
Nuttella:
If I lose my current job, it won't hurt me much but if I lose my online side job, it will hurt me much.
Nutella what do u do online. I will like to know. I also want to go into tech space. What advise will u give?
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by immaq8(f): 9:15am On Mar 29, 2022
If you are living in my country, you will never rely on only one job. Be it Government job or not. shocked
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Gamesmart: 9:50am On Mar 29, 2022
omofela85:
English no be my mama and papa language. English hard. But did you just call it mere porter.

Yes and Yes.

You write too well to be a mere porter.

Many who call themselves "graduates" on NL can not write a good sentence in English.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Karlzy01(m): 10:45am On Mar 29, 2022
Truth801:
I am interested
Chat me up on WhatsApp 08167909134
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by cayorday89(m): 10:48am On Mar 29, 2022
harsysky:

But this stuff too has happened to married folks. Truth is life chooses to hit one at the point where you will have to think that you are a mess to both yourself and the society.

The story of Job in the bible is just for people to learn how to cope in such situations.

It's not easy, but it will pass eventually if one keeps hoping and pushing with all humility.

True boss, but many never had a positive comeback.. It's the only thing that scares the shit outta me in this my adult life. Not having a means of income as a father..

Last episode of Justice Court on YouTube is a perfect example,the man's shop got burnt and he took to beating his wife, getting drunk and bringing ladies home to sleep with them.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by cayorday89(m): 10:56am On Mar 29, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

True thats why I am not getting married in Nigeria. My boss is a brilliant software engineer and had to live on benefits for two months in his country. Poverty in singlehood and poverty in marriage are not the same.
Infact the only similarity is that word poverty, they are far apart because you will end up surviving alone compared to children who will mostly be pampered already and can't understand why daddy can't subscribe common DSTV not to now talk of food and other essentials...
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 11:41am On Mar 29, 2022
Gamesmart:

Yes and Yes.

Many who call themselves "graduates" on NL can not write a good sentence in English.

Getting into University and eventually becoming a graduate doesn't make one good in the command of the English Language. Most of my friends were too good while we were still in secondary school.

For me , I got to hone mine after I became a graduate; I had to get some English textbooks and start afresh.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by achimendy(m): 11:44am On Mar 29, 2022
harsysky:

I know it's not easy to be a man, but I hate saying it to myself.

It's enough pain already knowing it, but to remind myself of it is a no no.

Man is just born to suffer no matter the enjoyment you feel you are having. One sickness could just come in and wipe whatever wealth one thinks he has amassed.
Yeah, you're 100% correct.
But the best way to live a secured life is
Get close to God, learn to move on despite any bad thing that occur, keep working hard and always believe.
That's how i was able to solve mine.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Gamesmart: 11:48am On Mar 29, 2022
harsysky:

Getting into University and eventually becoming a graduate doesn't make one good in the command of the English Language. Most of my friends were too good while we were still in secondary school.

For me , I got to horn mine when I became a graduate; I had to get some English textbooks and start from afresh.

Well said and Nice!

That is why I said someone like you should not be a mere porter. You have a far higher potential.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by MisterKennedy(m): 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
solasoulmusic:
I’m being owed but I’m not calling them up yet God will provide I’ve really done well in my lifetime thanks to the boss of all bosses
nice

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by MisterKennedy(m): 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2022
anelka101:
In fact its just as if the you are presently reading my mind, this question has been a vey scary one and i always think of it everyday. i have lost my job time without number and i saw hell during this period, now that God has saved me by securing another one am always scared of not losing it. i worked Monday to Saturday, 8am to 7pm, i have child in university and others are in secondary school. all these has created a serious fear for me, as am typing am seriously sick and yet am in office because i dont want to lose my job, this job is so tedious yet i manage to do it as i cant afford to suffer my family again. am seriously searching for another job with rest of mind

May the Lord heal you, and provide for you and your family Sir

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Kokaine(m): 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2022
harsysky:

What of in a case where it takes you two to three years to secure another job, would your 6 months savings carter for your rent, feeding and other bills?

Don't tryna look at me like a pessimistic person. People are everyday going through this phase of life, and it's heartbreaking when you hear that they even tried in achieving one or two stuffs but ended up losing them trying to keep body and soul together.
these questions you are asking are very legit.
I always think of it.
But I recently bought a house. Very small one though. Just in case an event like that occurs, I can sell it, use the money to buy a bus or a car for uber and move to Lagos or abuja to hustle while my family remains where we are. And while using the bus (maybe a danfo to get daily in come for me and family, I'll keep looking for a new job. I am into solar installation as a side hustle. I will still be looking for contracts to continue the struggle. Its tough and quite hopeless in Nigeria. Sometimes I want to regret not leaving this country by saving all my salary for four years. But then I remember that the place I was trying to go was actually Ukraine. I thank God

1 Like

Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by harsysky(m): 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kokaine:
these questions you are asking are very legit.
I always think of it.
But I recently bought a house. Very small one though. Just in case an event like that occurs, I can sell it, use the money to buy a bus or a car for uber and move to Lagos or abuja to hustle while my family remains where we are. And while using the bus (maybe a danfo to get daily in come for me and family, I'll keep looking for a new job. I am into solar installation as a side hustle. I will still be looking for contracts to continue the struggle. Its tough and quite hopeless in Nigeria. Sometimes I want to regret not leaving this country by saving all my salary for four years. But then I remember that the place I was trying to go was actually Ukraine. I thank God

Keep it up, man! Never say never is our motto.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by omofela85(m): 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
Gamesmart:

Yes and Yes.

please I still dey find job o or any legit means of making money. I have OND in mechanical engineering.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Gamesmart: 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
omofela85:
please I still dey find job o or any legit means of making money. I have OND in mechanical engineering.

Wish I could help now. The country is tight.

If something comes up, I will have you in mind.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by omofela85(m): 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
Gamesmart:

Wish I could help now. The country is tight.

If something comes up, I will have you in mind.
Thanks
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by lookyzy: 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
Start afresh as long as my brain is still intact. Health is sanity, brain is wealth.
Re: How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? by Slimgold2019: 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2022
This is one of the risks we must be prepared for.You need to have huge capital to fall back on.Always set aside a plan B.For more enquiries:Call:08033840265

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC / Jobs At Starcomms, Etc. / How Can I Respond To "Do You Have Any Specific Access Requirements"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.