Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario (29688 Views)

Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO / Pentagon Says Frustrated Putin May Use Nukes If War In Ukraine Is Unwinnable / Inside 'Area 52', A U.S Secret Base Where Bombs, Nukes & Poison Are Tested (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by donforeign: 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

They have kept modernizing but yet haven't built any as powerful as the Tsar bomb.

Yet, they haven't built a system that can stop Russia's old-fashioned nuclear warheads.

The way you hype America ehn, na only God fit epp una.
there's nothing special about the tsar Bomb lol and it was joint effort of the Soviet union to build the bomb and it's no longer in use , the US B83 is as tough as the tsar Bomba bro.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by ayindejimmy(m): 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
usj:

I'm a peacefully person but I will outrightly defend myself in the face of aggression and thats what Russia is doing. I guess you've not heard of the Minsk agreements between the west/USA and Russia which they are denying that it doesn't exist. Before the invasion Russia has repeatedly asked for an agreement for both Ukraine and the west honour the agreement but they all refused.

Read about the Cuban invasion by the USA. Why did the USA invade? The did because the Cuban where allowing the Russian to station weapon there which they term aggression same thing they are now doing to Russia.

You don't even know anything about the Cuban Missile crisis.

The US fell out with Cuba when it became a Communist state.
The Cuban resistance movement led by Fidel Castro deposed the pro-American military dictatorship of Fulgencio Batista in 1959. Castro's Cuba quickly became militarily and economically dependent on the Soviet Union, United States main rival.
The Soviet Union started building nuclear plants in Cuba, for what you may ask.

It was the building of nuclear plants the America resisted. The US demanded the removal of the missiles already there and the destruction of the sites.

After many back and forth the leaders of both superpowers recognized the devastating possibility of a nuclear war and publicly agreed to a deal in which the Soviets would dismantle the weapon sites in exchange for a pledge from the United States not to invade Cuba.

So, how is it the same with Ukraine?

2 Likes

Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by donforeign: 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
ken6488:
the matter tire me
Tsar bomb Is still the most powerful nuclear weapon
oga e dn do.. talking about bomb wey no dey existence..na wa o
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by SmartyPants(m): 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2022
Benny6944:

OP it is possible to intercept a nuke, but it is very hard
to do. You think Nukes is just an ordinary ballistic missile lol..

go and make research on this then you will realize its 50 50

Be quiet and learn.

Nukes are not missiles themaelves. The actual nuke is a payload that is fixed to different types of missiles.

It could be ballistic, cruise, etc.

Now, some missiles are more capable than others but it has nothing to do with whether the payload is a nuke or some other kind of bomb.

The only question is what kind of missile is used.

1 Like

Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by cooltola(m): 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2022
Are you all praying for nuclear war in this forum? Russia and USA are nuclear power heads, Let us pray that no nuclear weapons will be used. Again anti Putin does not mean anti Russian, Not all Russians want Putin in power just as not all Nigerians want Buhari in Power. Invading a country is morally wrong, so I am not in support of Putin war, just I was not in support when the USA invaded Iraq.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by WATCHOVER(m): 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
you must be Aboki na them dey reason upside down
To show how stupid you are Aboki means Friend
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by usj(m): 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Every autocratic leader deserves intimidation.

Can you tell me why? Let me guess! because the west says democracy is the best and they want to shove it down the throat of others that says other wise?

That's the same as saying my mother's food is better that every others.

The west is worst than both Russia/China pls check they've done to Libya, Iraq, seria, Iran , Vietnam, Cuba and others. Stop listening to western propaganda it brainwashes you
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by MrDebonair: 4:35pm On Mar 26, 2022
Status quo at the moment is that Putin can choose to attack any country and threaten to use nuclear weapon if anyone intervened.

To all the Putin apologist, I wish Putin can attack Nigeria just like in Ukraine and then go on to issue further threat of nuclear weapon if any country intervened.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by ken6488(m): 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
Patosky4U:

Have you seen the weapon in action before, all of you here keep hyping nuclear weapons as if it has been used in your presence before. Maybe all this hype about nuclear weapons na just threat self
You can use google search as far as nukes are consined
It is the most powerful weapon ever detonated
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by ken6488(m): 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
donforeign:
oga e dn do.. talking about bomb wey no dey existence..na wa o
You can use google search as far as nukes are consined
It is the most powerful weapon ever detonated
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
WATCHOVER:

To show how stupid you are Aboki means Friend
no in our society currently in Nigeria, Aboki meant a very stupid fool who's destroying himself thinking he's destroying others.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by Deltavariant(m): 4:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Adjovi:

So like NATO y'all don't really care about Ukraine, y'all just want to use them as proxy to know how strong Russia is right?
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by usj(m): 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2022
ayindejimmy:

You don't even know anything about the Cuban Missile crisis.

The US fell out with Cuba when it became a Communist state.
The Cuban resistance movement led by Fidel Castro deposed the pro-American military dictatorship of Fulgencio Batista in 1959. Castro's Cuba quickly became militarily and economically dependent on the Soviet Union, United States main rival.
The Soviet Union started building nuclear plants in Cuba, for what you may ask.

It was the building of nuclear plants the America resisted. The US demanded the removal of the missiles already there and the destruction of the sites.

After many back and forth the leaders of both superpowers recognized the devastating possibility of a nuclear war and publicly agreed to a deal in which the Soviets would dismantle the weapon sites in exchange for a pledge from the United States not to invade Cuba.

So, how is the same with Ukraine?

Thanks for this line of argument. I like people like you because you can do some research to back up you argument. But, have your heard of the bio chemical labs in Ukraine? The one USA built with the help of WHO? What's the difference between that and a nuclear plant. USA is so hypocritical they have done worse that the whole combined. When it is America doing the invasion/west then its okay but when its Russia then its evil.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by usj(m): 4:45pm On Mar 26, 2022
blaqtom:

You are very correct....but it won't be a pretty sight if USA goes to war against Russia that would be the end of modern civilization..its going to be a nuke war...we in Africa won't be spared the consequences of a nuke war...the nuclear weapon is the reason NATO are been cautious and we pray it doesn't come to that..

I agree with you but it's the hypocrisy of the west/USA that I so much hate. They are just after their own interest and pretending to be doing the world a favour.

2 Likes

Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by simpleseyi: 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Start to dey list the Allies wey back out undecided undecided

Congo
Benin Republic
Mali
Togo
Chad
Nigeria
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by Ellasure: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Hungary, Germany, Czech Republic.
What has America USA done for these countries in terms of commodities and commercially sensitive benefitials?

I hope you are writing based on knowledge and not emotional or a futuristic USA benevolence.

Quatar has told the European Union that there is no way they can supply EU gas in the quantum that Russia is currently doing.

Please use this forum for information purposes not political propaganda that benefit no one.

A thousand and one American News Media are doing that already and google has blocked most sources of of true world events. The world is gradually slanting into the path of self destruct because of lies, deceit and deliberate misinformation from American news media.

Let mixed news information prevail on nairaland as much as possible.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by JohnBullMySon: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2022
Bigchristo:
Please stop talking trash, India just bought Russia crude oil 3 million barrels at discount price and still discussing further business like arm procurement , Israeli Prime minister is still discussing with Russia president till date they’re good allies while on the other hand Hungarian Prime minister as at yesterday said they’re not going to boycott Russia natural gas, Turkey a well known NATO state member tell US boldly they’re not back out of arms procurement deals with Russia even the Germany you’re talking about and other EU countries still uses Russia natural gas till date. Nigeria the puppet always follow the US yarnsh because of aids giving to their country not to be cut off and they don’t even have a good business deal with Russia anyways, everything I told you here was also published on this forum so stop telling obvious lies
India is still a recent Russian deviant. The transition is real btw. She is not yet a full US ally but obviously she will be. Besides they are one of the world's biggest importers of oil. So you wont expect them to fully back Ukraine and let their economy suffer. They also have grudges with the US over Pakistan.

Look at the increase in economic and trade partnerships. India's purchase of US military equipment has risen. US companies that outsourced work to China are now building plants in India. Most importantly, India is part of a US led military alliance called the QUAD to counter China in Asia. Steps are already been made to make it equal to NATO in military ties. The remaining countries are Australia and Japan. Two reliable allies already. US and its allies will remain the backbone of the world for a very very long time bro.

Here is the link from IndianExpress (An Indigenous media) on the weapon cancellation
https://indianexpress.com/article/world/russia-ukraine-war-india-weapons-systems-us-7799245/
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by MDK777: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2022
Puttin Knows All Their Plan Before He Started The Journey
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by JohnBullMySon: 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
usj:

Can you tell me why? Let me guess! because the west says democracy is the best and they want to shove it down the throat of others that says other wise?

That's the same as saying my mother's food is better that every others.

The west is worst than both Russia/China pls check they've done to Libya, Iraq, seria, Iran , Vietnam, Cuba and others. Stop listening to western propaganda it brainwashes you

There's little to nothing like western propaganda (At least the way it is stated. There is actually a level of right vs left wing propaganda in the US). It is a ruse to take people off the real major propaganda which comes from Russia, China, Iran and North Korea. Have you asked yourself why it is only in those countries that we have state controlled media?

Why is it that people who get out of those countries into the west begin to hate their own country leadership? Why is it that those countries do everything possible to maintain control over their citizens.

The natural state of a man is the will to be able to decide his own life and future. You can condition him to be controlled, in a way that you will deal with him high handedly and he'll still worship you. But the moment he tastes a free life, he is forever against you.

That's the difference between the west and the "dictatorships".
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by loswhite(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Don't mind the foolish ppl. The annoying part is some of them are in the west freely criticizing whereareas Putin is threatening calling those that disagree with him traitors.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by goodheart01: 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2022
Crazyfella001:
So Russia will tell google about how many of their nukes are not functioning and those functioning...........it seems you've forgotten google is an American company that can also be used to peddle lies,main reason china and some countries don't use google

Same way even the US won’t tell u about their latest weapons and actual number of nukes they have? Or u expect them to also tell u that? Mind u, if u say the information on google is wrong, then u can also say the data of Russia having up to 6,000 nukes is also wrong and may be lies because google also has such data.

Oga theat data analysis was from a nuclear watch body. Let’s stop decieving ourselves pls

1 Like

Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by goodheart01: 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2022
Adjovi:

So which country go like volunteer to prove if truly Russian nukes are not working? grin grin grin grin

No county needs to volunteer. Russian weapons are junks and the Gulf war in Iraq proved it, after Saddam purchased Russian weapons and the weapons were no match for those of the Americans. Saddam regretted afterwards
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by ayindejimmy(m): 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
usj:

Thanks for this line of argument. I like people like you because you can do some research to back up you argument. But, have your heard of the bio chemical labs in Ukraine? The one USA built with the help of WHO? What's the difference between that and a nuclear plant. USA is so hypocritical they have done worse that the whole combined. When it is America doing the invasion/west then its okay but when its Russia then its evil.

Who discovered it? Putin
Have you seen any video or pictures?

And the US has denied it as Russia propaganda just to have an excuse to use chemical weapons in Ukraine.

Isn't it strange that no International media has seen it? The US has independent media houses that will jump on it, but it has to be the truth first.
What media does Russia have? All are state controlled. Anyone not saying what Putin wants is thrown in prison.
Tell me, who's report will you believe?
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by Oshodipikin: 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2022
BKayy:
It's a two way something. The US can try.

Once it is intercepted, which is most likely due to the known technology of US nuclear weapons, USA will become an all you can eat buffet for Russian hypersonic attacks. Remember that Russian hypersonic missiles have been proven to carry Nuclear warheads and there is no known defence for it at the moment.

Goodbye USA. BTW, I can't remember seeing North Korea ICBM news on this forum.
USA should remember the part Kim Jong UN checked his watch. He was checking the time remaining for USA to remain as top power

Putin dungs is making you think like a lunatic.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by BKayy: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
Oshodipikin:

Putin dungs is making you think like a lunatic.
Its OK my dear British Slave.

1 Like

Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by seyz91(m): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2022
Shut the Bleep up

undecided
Elvictor:
The senile old fool himself grin grin
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by SunMusk(m): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2022
Don't weep for Africa, Chinese or Russia might become dominant in the future and you will be speaking their language. Greek was once the lingua Franca of the world. The west was once called barbarians, civilization help to dem. They have their own traditions and culture thy change bcs it was bad. Every world power change language and time in history. Without being told thy re some African traditions dat is toxic, a woman can't have inheritance in his fathers house. Did you like itcall a spade a spade. And d West is even learning from us. They world is changing. Putin always says the mother land. Did you think Ukraine have future in that land?? The USSR putin wants is Russia oppressing other east European countries has it was done in the time of stalin.
Exprofressor:
Dem don start, always acting like women, always threatening this and that without actions,
I believe the US is the present world power, so why not say less and act more. That's the way of men
I believe the US still controls directly or indirectly the majority of world populence, who because of religious or social affiliates
have become too daft or brainwashed to reason.
Yet I know the US won't dare Russia, not now when the odds are against them

China, India, Turkey, and the Arab nations are fed up. North Korea is their worst nightmare, France and Germany despite being to weak to influence anything are not ignorant of the consequences of pushing Russia too far

Look deeply, majority of these American puppets are our siblings who detest and hate their existence.
They hate African Tradition
They call their kinsmen wicked and diabolic

They call their customs and tradition evil yet celebrate and worship that of the white man
They speak good english than the Brits
They are more civilized than the Europeans

To them, almost everything done by US is right because they are world power,
Everything done by Israel is right because they are God's people

I weep for Africa

1 Like

Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by seyz91(m): 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2022
Shut up undecided

You know nothing about governance

Most of you can't even manage your relationship you get with Oloshos you calles girlfriend and you will be here insulting intellectual people that are esperts in it

undecided

undecided
Idiko1:
Mr. Flipper!!! This dude called Joe is really a Joe. I do not blame the goon but moronic dingbats who helped to rig him into office.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by Funflipper: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
WATCHOVER:
God forbid! America and their Pride, am happy some of their Allies are beginning to back out and walk against them

allies like?
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2022
goodheart01:

It’s too bad u are ignorant. Only if you know anything about the Tsar bomb and how it operates. The Tsar bomb is as useless as the word P in psychology. U know why?? It’s too heavy and hard to transport because it’s not a missile. And as a result, it actually did not make sense to use it in a world with advanced air defenses and nuclear-armed missiles because the aircraft carrying the payload will be shot down easily due to it’s slowing weight. So u see.... Lol. Russia keeps making junk. And that’s why we hype the US because they make precision weapons and not big junks. Why make a bomb that can’t be applied in war instead of something sleek that can be used easily. And hope u know the Tsar bomb is in a museum now and it was never used in battle because of the reasons I gave above

Some of u Putin supporters need to go and read. Most of u are so ignorant and that’s why u end up making a mockery of yourselves here... Google is still ur friend, u know.

You are the one who is ignorant if you think Russia keeps making junks.

The United States makes precision weapons. Tell me which has been successfully tested in a conflict?

At least, Russia has successfully tested a hypersonic missile.

Make una continue to dey hype.

Why Russia's nuclear cache continues to increase, the United States cache continues to shrink.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2022
donforeign:
there's nothing special about the tsar Bomb lol and it was joint effort of the Soviet union to build the bomb and it's no longer in use , the US B83 is as tough as the tsar Bomba bro.

No bomb is as tough as the Tsar.
Re: In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2022
obedience4:

Can Russia shoot down a USA nuclear warhead??

Russia's strength is shrouded in state secrecy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sick Man Goes To Doctors And He's Told That ‘He's A Woman’ / Face Of Adam Lanza Connecticut Elementary School Gunman / Niger Republic Intercepts ISWAP Weapons Coming From Libya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.