Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration (2859 Views)

Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children / Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. / My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by Hannania(m): 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
Engrgreg1:
what's CCIE I'm interested in it
Use Google and get more in-depth info. It's the pinnacle certification in Netwoking, and believed to be the most difficult certification in Tech. It cost $1600, minus flight ticket to just seven locations to write the lab(Japan, India, USA, Belgium, China, Singapore and Australia).
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by spinna: 8:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
The big problem is not lack of job its depression..

Let him first have a positive mindset.. he must have done a lot of: God Why me prayers.. let him switch to Lord i thank you for my arms ..my legs my eyes.. my 2.1 degree.. i thank you even for my current situation..

Let him tithe his every income including gifts with a full understanding and reverence for the covenant.. see domimedia.org

Let him become a serial entrepreneur and master handworks or computer skills

Even in that family compound there is something he can do that will make him money.. he just needs to rack his brain

And to think well you must be free of depression and negativity so..

Whatever your hands find to do do it with all your might.. leave i must get office job mindset .. be ready to get your hands dirty with hardwork

4 Likes

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by Catalyst4real: 11:30am On Apr 05, 2022
a sad update

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by dopedan(m): 2:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
Catalyst4real:
a sad update
Chai, it is well

1 Like

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by Hailleys: 6:11pm On Apr 08, 2022
Your brother is gullible.
In this era of the internet, he still chooses to be submitting a CV 11years after leaving school.
Anyway, get someone that can advise him and learn any digital skill for about 6 months and come back later for the opportunities waiting for him.
My story is far worse than his some years back but I'm grateful to God right now, although I haven't reach my goal but it is certain I will get there.
I wish him well.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by Saverin: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2022
Hannania:
Use Google and get more in-depth info. It's the pinnacle certification in Netwoking, and believed to be the most difficult certification in Tech. It cost $1600, minus flight ticket to just seven locations to write the lab(Japan, India, USA, Belgium, China, Singapore and Australia).

Will one visit all the locations?
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by Hannania(m): 8:14am On Aug 22, 2022
Saverin:

Will one visit all the locations?
Just choose one.
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by juman(m): 10:37am On Aug 22, 2022
Don't be a lazy youth.
He should return to the teaching job.
He can make hundreds of thousands of naira monthly from teaching job.
He should look online how people do that. Let him read here on nairaland about it.

1 Like

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by juman(m): 10:38am On Aug 22, 2022
Me I pick euros from the street. I happy with it.
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by northbird: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
Catalyst4real:
a sad update

Which state is your brother residing ? Why is he lamenting on marriage.. First of all, he should forget sending CVS about, that stuff is outdated for him. I hope he is not the choosy type.. He should forget the graduate of a thing... He needs a means of sustenance, and there's money in the streets.

The truth is there will be always be another partner for both parties... So he should man up. Church or no church, no lady will marry him without some form of gainful employment, so I don't get why he is surprised

I wish I could write strategies for him to launch, that will surely work.
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by SimplePlan34: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hannania:
This is so not true. I Studied Telecommunications Engineering and earned 50k for just an internship in Lagos for my 6 months SIWES. NYSC earned the same as us.

Fresh graduates in the ISP I did my internship got 202k for a start. There were engineers with just 3 yrs' experience earning 600k.

We knew no one, just four rounds of interviews. That's for networking though. Network Engineers are having jobs That pays well. That's If you have Linux, Networking skill and industry certifications.

Huawei does job fair yearly. Last year was at ATBU and UI. Close to 10 persons from my department got placed then. That's from a class of 50+.

If not for software development, I would have aimed to get a CCIE and earn the millions that comes with. But I love Codes also, and had to work remotely. But I'm still heading to Germany for masters in My Field(Japa Goals)

Access bank posted a CCIE job for 7 months and didn't get a hire. Because companies don't want to lose the ones they have.

There's job for the skilled Network engineers in the IT part of Engineering. Not just software development. Nigerian graduates don't have skills at entry level. Before I went for internship, I had Linux, HCIA and Python programming skill. This was embedded in my curriculum, and extra study I did.

People are still cashing out in this country. "Who no get better info na em dull"

Guy there are many PPL with ccnp I know who are jobless as in jobless if u are the lucky few who make it does not mean there are not hundreds who are as qualified and not making it. I bought a laptop from a startup the company was closing down board of directors were tired d guy even saw angel investors but they stopped funding. He tried switching to teaching school Na lie ppl no come they are plenty in Yaba like dat. For every successful tech startup, high paying job they are hundreds and thousands of qualified people with better ideas. So yes they are juicy positions but very few. Very few.
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by Hannania(m): 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
SimplePlan34:

Guy there are many PPL with ccnp I know who are jobless as in jobless if u are the lucky few who make it does not mean there are not hundreds who are as qualified and not making it. I bought a laptop from a startup the company was closing down board of directors were tired d guy even saw angel investors but they stopped funding. He tried switching to teaching school Na lie ppl no come they are plenty in Yaba like dat. For every successful tech startup, high paying job they are hundreds and thousands of qualified people with better ideas. So yes they are juicy positions but very few. Very few.
Certification is not all that matters. There are frauds who used dumps and passed. But I guarantee you, if you really passed all certs with your knowledge, and have a technical degree(Engineering preferred) your job is sure in this Lagos.

I saw the industry from the inside. More than 10 people resigned from my team during that six months. From those joining banks as engineers to a handful migrating abroad.

With:
1. Linux skills
2. Python(scripting and automation)
3. CCNA/CCNP(not dump pass)
4. 2.1 with an engineering or IT-related course, you can't be unemployed

I'm telling you this because my firm struggled to fill up slots because of "dumps" cert holders and a lack of the skills I mentioned above.

It's simply called leverage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by SimplePlan34: 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hannania:
Certification is not all that matters. There are frauds who used dumps and passed. But I guarantee you, if you really passed all certs with your knowledge, and have a technical degree(Engineering preferred) your job is sure in this Lagos.

I saw the industry from the inside. More than 10 people resigned from my team during that six months. From those joining banks as engineers to a handful migrating abroad.

With:
1. Linux skills
2. Python(scripting and automation)
3. CCNA/CCNP(not dump pass)
4. 2.1 with an engineering or IT-related course, you can't be unemployed

I'm telling you this because my firm struggled to fill up slots because of "dumps" cert holders and a lack of the skills I mentioned above.

It's simply called leverage

U see Ur number 4 it's d limiting factor. Few ppl have that and can cling to jobs that gives them the experience.
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by Hannania(m): 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
SimplePlan34:

U see Ur number 4 it's d limiting factor. Few ppl have that and can cling to jobs that give them the experience.
Exactly. If you're from a non-technical IT-related course, you need to have good grades and be exceptional. Because an IT guy with the right skills will always be preferred. Unless you have strong networks
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
SimplePlan34:

The problem with networking is that it limits you to Nigeria unlike software development that you can work for companies anywhere. Networking is much more physical.

1 Like

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by SimplePlan34: 5:16am On Sep 03, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The problem with networking is that it limits you to Nigeria unlike software development that you can work for companies anywhere. Networking is much more physical.

Guy see oo networking, data analytics, web design (front and back end) database I still reapeat it's only the ones who can get into a company that proceeds. After that many try their hand on freelancing few again succeed and pay is not regular most of the ones left try to become teachers themselves, low-key freelancers until they fizzle out. One thing I have come to see in It the higher u are in the economic ladder the much likely u would be successful. Most ppl for example don't have a PayPal account, can't be patient enough to strive to make it on foreign freelance sites because of money. Once u school abroad it's very easy to beat the system. I know a guy who earns well with unreal engine, Data analysis is even seriously learning machine learning is already interning for Nvidia because he left Nigeria well. Hitman lappy is close to $5k He is in San Francisco. Not d average kid who struggle leave Nigeria go school has to do multiple jobs to survive. So because Davido and Wizkid are successful does not mean there are over 10,000 studio rats trying to get a hit.

1 Like

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:46am On Sep 03, 2022
SimplePlan34:

Guy see oo networking, data analytics, web design (front and back end) database I still reapeat it's only the ones who can get into a company that proceeds. After that many try their hand on freelancing few again succeed and pay is not regular most of the ones left try to become teachers themselves, low-key freelancers until they fizzle out. One thing I have come to see in It the higher u are in the economic ladder the much likely u would be successful. Most ppl for example don't have a PayPal account, can't be patient enough to strive to make it on foreign freelance sites because of money. Once u school abroad it's very easy to beat the system. I know a guy who earns well with unreal engine, Data analysis is even seriously learning machine learning is already interning for Nvidia because he left Nigeria well. Hitman lappy is close to $5k He is in San Francisco. Not d average kid who struggle leave Nigeria go school has to do multiple jobs to survive. So because Davido and Wizkid are successful does not mean there are over 10,000 studio rats trying to get a hit.

Oh yeah you would be much successful with any tech skill once you leave Nigeria but it doesn't mean there aren't people succeeding in Nigeria. Getting into a company especially with no experience is tough initially but if one perseveres it's gonna happen. Learn to pass interviews. I don't know about other fields but in the field of software engineering. Interviewing is a seperate skill from actually doing the job. Learn to apply to jobs. A lot of people do not have the patience to apply to multiple jobs till they get one jobs. It's not an easy process but a lot has made it happen.

8 Likes

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by dopedan(m): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2022
Hannania:
This is so not true. I Studied Telecommunications Engineering and earned 50k for just an internship in Lagos for my 6 months SIWES. NYSC earned the same as us.

Fresh graduates in the ISP I did my internship got 202k for a start. There were engineers with just 3 yrs' experience earning 600k.

We knew no one, just four rounds of interviews. That's for networking though. Network Engineers are having jobs That pays well. That's If you have Linux, Networking skill and industry certifications.

Huawei does job fair yearly. Last year was at ATBU and UI. Close to 10 persons from my department got placed then. That's from a class of 50+.

If not for software development, I would have aimed to get a CCIE and earn the millions that comes with. But I love Codes also, and had to work remotely. But I'm still heading to Germany for masters in My Field(Japa Goals)

Access bank posted a CCIE job for 7 months and didn't get a hire. Because companies don't want to lose the ones they have.

There's job for the skilled Network engineers in the IT part of Engineering. Not just software development. Nigerian graduates don't have skills at entry level. Before I went for internship, I had Linux, HCIA and Python programming skill. This was embedded in my curriculum, and extra study I did.

People are still cashing out in this country. "Who no get better info na em dull"
Please Is this connected to ihs towers in any way? Because they have a mast in my dads compound and i was thinking to tell them to give me a job after d current contract expires
But I have no skills yet, just finished final year
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by Hannania(m): 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2022
dopedan:

Please Is this connected to ihs towers in any way? Because they have a mast in my dads compound and i was thinking to tell them to give me a job after d current contract expires
But I have no skills yet, just finished final year
IHS deals with transmission. Mine was core networking.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by northbird: 7:07pm On Sep 03, 2022
SimplePlan34:

Your so called IT guys are not good... They just have certificates without requisite competence.
Nobody cares about your background( degree wise in) the world of IT. If you are extremely good, a position will be created for you.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by jesmond3945: 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2022
Catalyst4real:
Where do I start?

He's the eldest son of the family and he just turned 32 this week.
He's a HND graduate of Mechanical engineering. Graduated in 2011. Since then, he has tried all means to get a job, but has been unable to. He later got a job in 2013 as a secondary school teacher. With salary of 19k. He did that for 2 years

Few years later in 2015, luckily he got a job with Access Bank. He worked there for 2 years, before he was sacked following a downsize.

He has been unemployed since 2017. We have tried everything, we have used church routes and all manner of approach. He has tried to even join navy, the man who promised the job, said his connect needs 150k. We gave 50k, with the promise that the remaining will be paid when the recruitment list is out. He ran away with it, list came out and nothing

He currently lives in the family house, we have submitted CV tire. Promises upon promises.
Now the girl he was planning to marry, a very gentle God fearing lady who has been faithful and loyal to him despite him having nothing at all. Her parents are pressuring her to bring a groom. He wants to marry her, but ashamed to present himself as he is.

Currently he's running a small scale poultry in the family compound. But it doesn't do much.

we are not begging for alms or financial aid, but please if you have a job he can do or an open position, please lend a helping hand

He's willing to travel anywhere in the country. He's a graduate of engineering with strong 2.1

I don't know if this forum permits dropping emails. But please save a soul

His contact
promisepeter17@gmail.com

Mynd44, lalasticlala
Is well. What skills does he have?
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by lovemaths(f): 7:40am On Sep 05, 2022
The5DME:
Good day bro. Please, can you point me to some reliable skills, I should have as an intending undergrad? I presently in a 12 hour job, for a paltry pay of 20k per month, and I'm not happy at it. Suffer no go kill person.

Engrgreg1:
Bro can you enlighten me about this IT or possibly hit me on WhatsApp 08-13-46-10-48-1

Send me a message on Whatsapp to get the link to join the Whatsapp group [/b]where I will be dropping several opportunities to acquire digital, IT, Arts, Technical and Vocational skills that are free or paid.

Learn skills like:
Animation 101
Arts and crafts
Audio engineering and music production
Back-end development (node.js)
Back-end development (python)
Barbing
Brand identity/graphics design
Catering
Cloud computing
Content writing
Copywriting
Creative writing - short story, narrative essay, memoir
Custom web development
Cryptocurrency
Data analytics
Data science
Digital marketing
Facebook ads
Fashion design
Film making
Front end web development (html CSS javascript)
Furniture
Graphic design
Hair styling
Leather works
Makeup
Media studies
Mixology
Mobile App development
Modeling
Multimedia and digital media
Product design (UI/UX)
Product management
Quality assurance
Social media marketing
Video animation
Wordpress development

[b]Send me a message on Whatsapp
to get the link to [b]join the Whatsapp group [/b]where I will be dropping several opportunities to acquire digital, IT, Arts, Technical and Vocational skills that are free or paid.

Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2022
Hannania:
Exactly. If you're from a non-technical IT-related course, you need to have good grades and be exceptional. Because an IT guy with the right skills will always be preferred. Unless you have strong networks
can u mentor, i am a beginner in C++
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:46am On Sep 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Oh yeah you would be much successful with any tech skill once you leave Nigeria but it doesn't mean there aren't people succeeding in Nigeria. Getting into a company especially with no experience is tough initially but if one perseveres it's gonna happen. Learn to pass interviews. I don't know about other fields but in the field of software engineering. Interviewing is a seperate skill from actually
doing the job. Learn to apply to jobs. A lot of people do not have the patience to apply to multiple jobs till they get one jobs. It's not an easy process but a lot has made it happen.
i need you view on web development cos html, css and javascript are basic but when i view linkedin it complete different
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by Hannania(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

can u mentor, i am a beginner in C++
Not in my capacity bro. I'm also In a learning curve. But not to deter, we post and comment appropriately here. smiley
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by cokeryusuf09(m): 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hannania:
Not in my capacity bro. I'm also In a learning curve. But not to deter, we post and comment appropriately here. smiley
take me on how to create portfolio
Re: Help My Brother Is Threatening To Commit Suicide Due To Unemployment Frustration by alexmicheal500: 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
Unemployment is the language for the unskilled not the skilled. Get experience in the Bincom Global Tech Programme which makes a a skilled techie and you will have a lot of reasons to live for. Visit www.bincom.net to learn more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nscdc Recruitment/replacement 2017 Let's Meet Here / Is Amazon14 Legit Or Another Scam / Phd In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.