Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 (12704 Views)

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2011
Look at it this way. There are banks whose minimum balance has long been around this new threshold adopted by U.B.A. It is just that U.B.A. wants to make a policy change and it will definitely affect many. CBN on its own cares less about the banking public. I will not blame U.B.A. moreover few banks never wanted crowds in their banking halls before now and the only way they achieved that was by keeping a high account opening and minimum balance. The way forward is for different classes of customers to find their way to banks that can support them or give them what they need. Banks expend alot of money on sevicing small deposits and withdrawals. An average U.B.A. branch services about 1,000 customers everyday and 90% of these transactions fall below N40,000 in deposit or withdrawal. That is why you see most banks encourage the use of ATM machines and charge customers for withdrawing below 40,000 over the counter. This translates to waste of time and man hours. Do you know that there are some people that take delight in going to bank everyday (maybe because it is a walkable distance from thier homes and they have all the time) and they dont transact more that N25,000 from monday to friday on thier accounts
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by Demdem(m): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2011
Useless Bank. bank-OLE's bank.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by zenus(m): 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
lol

oye.wizzy:

very soon GSM company will introduce minimum balance
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by sleekman(m): 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2011
Does it matter if they increase the min deposit. There're other banks with zero deposit and better interest rates. UBA and Zenith bank are corporate rogues. There are a variety of smaller banks FCMB, Intercontinental, Oceanic, Union bank,Spring bank etc.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by graluxxy054(f): 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] my money is stil wit dem o. Am stil complainin dat i hav 2 lose #100 every time i use d atm because i cant find dia bank wen i needed them and now ds?
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by honeric01(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2011
Heheheheh UBA, i dey laff, you're about to go into extinction.

Loan you don't give

Customer service none existence

Friendly staffs for where

Nothing nothing, una just dey compete with RCCG for who get branches pass,

Yeye bank,

I give you just 2 years to pack up if you dare restrict your Minimum balance to 25k

Rubbish!!! angry grin
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by cutesy(f): 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2011
U guys amaze me. Its simply because UBA has decided to "decently" inform us in advance, probably it feels it owes its customers that coz of its large diverse customer base.

How about other banks who have sneakily implemented this and other obnoxious policies overnight without telling anyone!!! You only end up discovering in the worst possible way, after they might have debited you for whatever unknown charge (GTB), or after you find ur atm card refused for no reason just to find out there is a new minimum balance policy (SCB) , mschewww.

If I say I tire for Naija banking, na serious understatement, I tell you.

I use UBA, but trust me, before September that particular account will be dry,
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by naijaking1: 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2011
I think they have started the policy in some area already, my brother told so from Onitsha.
If emptying the banking hall ways is the only reason for this policy, I'll simply laugh at the short sighted stupidity.
Closing the hallways and the banks will be a quicker method cool
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by aieromon(m): 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2011
So they still went ahead with their obnoxious plan?You want to empty your banking halls,you'd be suprised at the "Bolt'' speed,idiots.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by proffmanue(m): 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2011
5k is a good deal.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by Rooneyboy(m): 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2011
they'll be none existent if they cotinue with this policy. They r chasing away their customers with their own hands, HOW IRONIC
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by stagger: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2011
I have finally found a reason to dump this f***ing bank and head over to GTB.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by Ad4(m): 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2011
I have no problem with keeping N25k in my 2 accounts at UBA, that will amount to N50K just sitting in the bank. What I want to ask the management of the bank is, what will be my reward at the end of the day when I leave N50k free for them to do business?I was talking to one of the customer care and she was just looking at me!!!!If UBA tries it, they will truely lost their customers indeed!!!and they will beg for us to come back.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by Soundmind(m): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2011
This people wake up from the wrong side of the bed.
How many nigerians do they think can maintain such minimum balance?
Are they saying civil servants are not using there bank?
UBA, Please, sleep and wake up again.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by isonlagba: 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
UBA with its atrocious record of extremely poor customer service can ii- afford to implement this N25K nonsense! If however it goes ahead foolishly to implement it. then that will definetely be the beginning of the end for UBA.

It appears the bank is in some big trouble already. Its PAT for 2010 year end was the worst in the industry - a paltry N598M!
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by Nosyke(m): 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2011
honeric01:

Heheheheh UBA, i dey laff, you're about to go into extinction.

Loan you don't give

Customer service none existence

Friendly staffs for where

Nothing nothing, una just dey compete with RCCG for who get branches pass,

Yeye bank,

I give you just 2 years to pack up if you dare restrict your Minimum balance to 25k

Rubbish!!! angry grin

grin grin grin grin
You guys wont kill me in nairaland, infact if I crack my ribs, I'll sue Seun grin grin grin
But seriously,if the only reason for this policy is to decongest their banking halls, I think it isnt cogent.ThankGod I ve never used that bank before and with this will never do, At most I save my money with Esusu daily savings, might be better off. grin grin
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by REDshouse(m): 8:28pm On Jul 04, 2011
see people shouting as if its only uba bank is in the country, close ur account with them and open another one chikeena. Sanusi want us to patronize Islamic bank by force and we will say no

all his policies is to get more people to be frustrated and see Islamic bank as the only messiah .

i dey laugh
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by gbanikiti(m): 8:55pm On Jul 04, 2011
first thing in the morning am going to withdraw the last cash i have.useless bank! i think i will start banking at home since these useless nigerian banks cant be trust worthy.as for sanusi,is he trying to impose sharia or islamic banking on us? it wont work ooooo!
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by mekaboy(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2011

THEY DONT NEED ALL THESE 10 10 KOBO ACCOUNTS, THEY WANT TO CLEAR THEIR BANK OF ALL PEANUTS, SO THEY CAN BE ABLE TO MANAGE THE ACCOUNTS OF THE BIG LOOTERS(POLITICIANS) grin grin
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by dinggle: 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2011
This is completely senseless, elitist and out of touch with reality of hard working Nigerians who have no assistance either from the banks or govt. The same bank who would not loan money to the average Nigerian is plotting means of hoarding funds of hard working Nigerians who deposited such funds in saving for emergencies. It is banks like UBA that will make Islamic banking a reality in Nigeria. In America I withdraw my account to cents balance when necessary and my bank is not concerned about it, they know there are times for emergencies (its called common sense) and money always comes in weekly or monthly. Haven't said this, banks in Nigeria should allow for withdraw to kobo balance in a client's account for at least a month and maximum two months since salaries are paid on monthly basis and not everyone is salaried. My advise for those who have accounts with UBA is to close it and join other banks that allow freedom banking.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by bigdoo: 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
Thank God that I don't bank with UBA. I only did my NYSC with them and they did not offer me a job after my youth service. They can go to hell but I fear that other banks might join them.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by maasoap(m): 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
Many Nigerian banks are dying silently. Thanks to their psychotic MDs. Welcome, Islamic banks the better alternative.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by Tyche(m): 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2011
zenus:

lol

Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by NkemJuliet: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2011
thank god for esusu and kolo! ;d
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by KayDee4: 11:45pm On Jul 04, 2011
Lol

UBA has always been a lousy bank. Sometimes I wonder if they used jazz to hold their customers down and all those rushing to close their accounts u'll be surprised by the ridiculous amount they will deduct from your account for "account closure charges".
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by member479760: 1:41am On Jul 05, 2011
and this a country where over 70% are living on less than $2 a day, where most of the states cannot even pay min wages of 18000 naira $120 per month.

Sanusi has a plan and a bad one indeed.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by jle(f): 1:59am On Jul 05, 2011
Hmm if dis is true,i rather transfer my money to a reasonable bank and close my acct wit UBA.
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by Abayomin70(m): 6:15am On Jul 05, 2011
i lik it 4 one reson there wont b 2 much crowd in uba bank again
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 05, 2011
I don't even know why we are still stressing our selves about that Nigeria. Is it worth it?
Re: UBA Minimum Account Balance Now N25,000 by coolestboy(m): 6:52am On Jul 05, 2011
Dis is d most useless and senseless thing olodo sanusi has eva done. Nt even considering d min wage which is yet 2 be implemented by d state govt. Useless fellow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira To Weaken Further As Dollar Demand Increases / Keystone Bank, MD In Trouble Over N4bn Illegal Transaction / How Can Someone Overseas Re-Activate His Or Her Bank Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.