Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. (25582 Views)

Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? / Disciplining Your Child Without Hitting And Yelling / Should Your Children Call You By Your First Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by shantti(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2022
Shokoloko:
On top of all the "African disciplining, the average African from 12 years is corrupt.
A westerner will turn a new leaf because he wants to be a better person, an African will turn a new leaf because there is a likelihood to be caught and disgraced or jailed.

At 12 years an African child in boarding house will try to BRIBE the gate men to let them go out indiscriminately. At 12 introducing their classmates to cultism as long as they do not get caught. At 12 multiple abortions claiming to be virgins. Certified runs girl at 15.
Upon all the disciplining.

No, africans are not law- abiding, empathetic and less corrupt. It was over here I saw that on a bus younger people stand up to allow older people, pregnant women and disabled people to sit down. I never saw it in Nigeria.

Over here UPS and DHL drops your package in front of your door. The package remains there until you come home at night and pick it. It cannot happen in Nigeria. Since I started buying cars I have locked car doors less than 5 times. Sometimes I forget to lock my door.

Upon all our discipline.

What about all the numerous drug junkies,assasins, muderers, rapists and terrorists in the developed countries. Am sure Adolf Hitler's mum, Putin's mum and Osama bin ladens mum never for once flogged them

2 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Sakasitay(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

Good to see you madam B!❤️

Thank you!
I go show dem ke. cheesy
Dem go call police TAYA!

I told the police to please take anyone who can't tolerate the home rules. Do you know what the stupidd cops told me? angry

They said their “books” are full and there is no space in “the system”! Oh? shocked

It got to a stage I filed a complaint against the police dept for RACISM! tongue Arrrrrrrgh, they started sending only BLACK COPS to my house o!

If ANY CHILD DISOBEYS, I CALL THE POLICE!

I wore them out. grin

No one wants to call police any more o! cheesy
I became an EXPERT in calling the police.

If you nor wash plate- POLICE!
If your nor brush teeth- POLICE!
If you disobey curfew- POLICE!
If you nor do homework- POLICE!
If you use foul language at home- POLICE!

The police were tired of me o! I taught them and the children a gravvvve lesson.

Now, I can parent in. PEACE! cool

You’ve really cracked the system.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by shantti(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
1Sharon:

I'm sorry I'm your daughter is dressing provocatively at 13, isn't that a highlight of your parenting?

And what if she got raped while she was outside in just her underwear?

What if she was influenced by her peers or from tv shows

2 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Dearlord(m): 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

Thank you!
I go show dem ke. cheesy
Dem go call police TAYA!

I told the police to please take anyone who can't tolerate the home rules. Do you know what the stupidd cops told me? angry

They said their “books” are full and there is no space in “the system”! Oh? shocked

It got to a stage I filed a complaint against the police dept for RACISM! tongue Arrrrrrrgh, they started sending only BLACK COPS to my house o!

I wore them out. grin

The police were tired of me o! I taught them and the children a gravvvve lesson.

Madam grin you made me laugh so loud.
More network on your mobile phone cheesy

3 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by SIRTee15: 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
Shokoloko:
The typical African parent is a bully. Children are beaten and tortured for no reason.

Every culture has it's own way of bringing up a child that works well for them. So long as there's no abuse I dont really understand why the state or the police should be involved.

U can't raise a black child like a white kid. Its never gonna work. That's what your likes dont understand.

Caribeans in the western countries tried it and it didn't work out well for their kids. Most of them turned out to be druggies, homeless or single mothers. They ve now realised their mistakes and they now train their kids the Caribbean way.
I've seen Caribbean mothers beating their kids in front of white police officers and white teachers in school. They dont care anymore.

We should learn from the Asians living in western countries. They have a tight community discipline that works well for them. Their girls are expected to be decent, maintain their purity and dignity; while the men are supposed to build a career. It's working for them, they are the most successful ethnic group on the USA and uk.
They refuse to embrace all this white culture bullshit. Yet they dominate the tech industry, medicine and STEM sector. Asians remains the highest income earners in USA even more than whites.

Let's stop a this follow follow, it won't hep us. Africa needs to chart it's own course that works well for her people.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Mariangeles(f): 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

Thank you!
I go show dem ke. cheesy
Dem go call police TAYA!

I wore them out. grin

You’re using the madness of their system against them. Since them say them dey ment. cheesy

Well done!
Na correct Naija mother you be!
Them no dey carry last.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by shegoon: 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
Did u do comprehension in school at all? The OP said the 15yrs old clamped the mother to the floor then the father came in and dealt with her, if you are the mother,how will you feel with ur hubby gesture, no matter the rule?
Shokoloko:
The typical African parent is a bully. Children are beaten and tortured for no reason.
Children are beaten up for not understanding her schoolwork, Children are beaten up for getting sexually molested, Children are beaten up for crying from the previous beaten, Children are beaten up for not answering quickly enough, Children are beaten up for daring to have a different point of view.

In your example, how can a man and wife (two people) hit, tackle to the ground and beat the crap out of a 15 year old. Like 2 people to one person? Even if she was an adult and not their daughter, two people to one is an unfair situation.

What Nigerians and Africans refuse to learn is that violence destroys a country. See how all the violent countries are experiencing reduced GDP compared to those that are not. Africans will continue to create and breed monsters.

It will be very easy for a 15 year boy to rape and beat up a 6 year old child because he has been beaten to the point of trauma he feels its not a big deal, his mother's has beaten the house help to stupor, and his father has beaten his mother to stupor so violence is a part of life.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
Shokoloko:
On top of all the "African disciplining, the average African from 12 years is corrupt.
A westerner will turn a new leaf because he wants to be a better person, an African will turn a new leaf because there is a likelihood to be caught and disgraced or jailed.

In fairness, that's why most people turn a new leaf.....regardless of race , or ethnicity or religion. Fear of being disgraced.

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by GloriousGbola: 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
Shokoloko:
Children are beaten up for not understanding her schoolwork, Children are beaten up for getting sexually molested, Children are beaten up for crying from the previous beaten, Children are beaten up for not answering quickly enough, Children are beaten up for daring to have a different point of view.

In your example, how can a man and wife (two people) hit, tackle to the ground and beat the crap out of a 15 year old. Like 2 people to one person? Even if she was an adult and not their daughter, two people to one is an unfair situation.

What Nigerians and Africans refuse to learn is that violence destroys a country. See how all the violent countries are experiencing reduced GDP compared to those that are not. Africans will continue to create and breed monsters.

It will be very easy for a 15 year boy to rape and beat up a 6 year old child because he has been beaten to the point of trauma he feels its not a big deal, his mother's has beaten the house help to stupor, and his father has beaten his mother to stupor so violence is a part of life.

you missed the part about the decking sha

i will agree with you that the african belief that spare the rod and spoil the child is more of an empty belief system than anything else

everyone has anecdotal evidence - i was beaten as a child and so i am what i am today.
so the yahoo boys, ritual murderers , killer cops, fake drug peddlers, crooked politicians, embezzlers etc that plague our society were not disciplined and flogged as children?

does anyone think area boys, ESN, boko haram, cultists etal were not flogged? if anything they are more likely to have been flogged more. anyone who grew up in poverty will remember how parents quickly transferred their frustrations to the backs of their kids

but the real outcome of our obsession with corporal punishment - is that the only thing the average Nigerian understands is consequences. very few of us can do something because it is the right thing.

people will literally park their car in the middle of the road to gist with a friend. you cannot appeal to their common sense. you can only appeal to them with beating.

anyways, let us continue in our fantasy that corporal punishment creates fantastic citizens, even as Nigeria slides from failed state to collapsed state status, all thanks to our legions of well adjusted, well brought up citizens

10 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Mariangeles(f): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2022
Sakasitay:

You’ve really cracked the system.

I swear!

Iron Lady wey chop liver raw! cheesy
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by GloriousGbola: 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

Thank you!
I go show dem ke. cheesy
Dem go call police TAYA!

I wore them out. grin

almond/militia - but i was under the impression you can get in trouble for calling 911 unnecessarily? has this not become an issue for you?

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Fireboy02: 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
I personally went through a similar experience with one of my daughters.
She loved to dress provocatively at THIRTEEN!

One day she wore this::
I appealed to her nicely that it was 42 degrees outside and she had to change this outfit it I would drive her to school.

She refused and did not take her to school. I don’t know how she got to school.

When she returned, I told her she could not enter my house o. I RIPPED THE SKIRT OFF HER ARSE RIGHT THERE BY THE MAILBOX with only her UNDERWEAR on her and locked her OUT OF MY HOUSE. She stayed in the garage and told her she should only come in to use the bathroom.She called the police and told them I was freezing her outside. grin

OMO!

See SWAT TEAM for front of my house? shocked

There were TEN of them in 6 police vehicles.
They told me I MUST LET HER INTO THE HOUSE. because it was too cold! I refused.
I told them it was her punishment for disobedience and she is locked out of my house for 4 hours.

I provided her with a space heater, some clothes, a pillow and blankets to SLEEP on the floor!

The police told me she had EVERY RIGHT to be inside the house. I told them to have me arrested if I was breaking any law.

The useless white cops left!
Imagine the embarrassment in front of ALL the neighbors? My husband was SPEECHLESS!
U fit help me relocate outside this country pls.
I will pay u back or u share my salary,
I'm serious pls
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by AnaCheks(m): 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

Thank you!
I go show dem ke. cheesy
Dem go call police TAYA!

I wore them out. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Whoknowsme: 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2022
simpleseyi:

Did they do naming ceremony when this one was born? I doubt it. This comment seems like coming from a typical Almajari who was born by the roadside by destitute parents
grin grin
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by descarado: 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

It is ridiculous. Then those busy bodies aka school social workers and school nurses will keep interrogating in school and won’t concentrate on the children that truly need help.

The police even goes to the school to take the children OUT OF SCHOOL TO INTERROGATE THEM WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT! Ha! shocked

GIRLS ARE THE MOST DIFFICULT ENTITIES TO RAISEEEEE! Kai!

Boys get their own wahala sha- I don’t even near that area. I let my husband handle his OWN 3 boys! I nor fit deal with testosterone- Very unemotional creatures. You can NEVER tell what is going on their minds . Pass good morning and good night - finish o. IF THEY NEED ME, LET THEM APPROACK ME! Shikena. kiss I only do estrogen abeg. With boys YOU HAVE TO GO PHYSICAL! Naaaah. I can’t. ✅

Retire as a nurse ke? Never. I just work from home. Over 20 years as a bedside nurse? I can NEVER go back to working in ANY HOSPITAL. Too much time away from home o. With these “fast tails” under my roof? shocked
Before we comeback from work, dem go do reach down town, shoplift with their useless gang-touts and be back home like nothing happened. grin

They are FILTHY!
They are MOUTHY!
They are EXTREMELY HORMONAL!
They are MANIPULATIVE!
Extremely PSYCHO-SOCIOPATHIC!

When boyfriends enter nko? Na competition to belong with street urchins!
God! I don DIE!!!! Dem go make mouth like:
“I garra boyfren. . . I garra boyfen. . . . yen yen yen yen yen. . . . * cheesy

MADNESS !
cheesy cheesy
I gerra boyfren
cheesy cheesy cheesy

It's indeed crazy.

I have only boys. They are agbero.

One knucklehead called my first child coconut head. He warned him and told me.
I asked him, are afraid of him?
He said no, I said, do the needful grin but don't mention my name when you are quizzed grin
Since then, pure respect.

My prayers everyday, I don't want to have hbp cos of kids.

As for your girls, they will calm down. Hormones are raging now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by shantti(m): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
Whoknowsme:
I noticed that most nairalanders have issue with reading that's why you see them making unreasonable and off point comments
Some people sef

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Dollarremix(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

Thank you!
I go show dem ke. cheesy
Dem go call police TAYA!

I wore them out. grin

Chai!! Hahahaha... Omo see bragado style.i wish dis kind tin fit happen for naija na Wetin I for dey my children bdat.dere mama don tire

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Mariangeles(f): 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:
Invest in a gooooood security system with gooooood WiFi.✅

Any movement, I get notified. cool

Cameras around the house?
Isn’t that too much?

At least, they deserve some privacy when they’re in the house na.
I’d go cray cray! undecided

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by shantti(m): 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
1Sharon:

Ha.

On a real note sis, limit what she eats.

If she looks like this now, it's only gonna get worse as she gets older.

E be like say food plenty for America and it's cheap too

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by khreus(m): 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
SIRTee15:

Every culture has it's own way of bringing up a child that works well for them. So long as there's no abuse I dont really understand why the state or the police should be involved.

U can't raise a black child like a white kid. Its never gonna work. That's what your likes dont understand.

Caribeans in the western countries tried it and it didn't work out well for their kids. Most of them turned out to be druggies, homeless or single mothers. They ve now realised their mistakes and they now train their kids the Caribbean way.
I've seen them beating their kids in front of police officers and teachers in school. They dont care anymore.

We should learn from the Asians in this western diaspora. They have a tight community discipline that works well for them. Their girls are expected to be decent, maintain their purity and dignity; while the men are supposed to build a career. It's working for them, they are the most successful ethnic group on the USA and uk.
They refuse to embrace all this white culture bullshit. Yet they dominate the tech industry, medicine and STEM sector. Asians remains the highest income earners in USA even more than whites.

Let's stop a this follow follow, it won't hep us. Africa needs to chart it's own course that works well for her people.
In a nutshell everyone should do what works best which I’m actually agreeing on. But what about finding yourself in such society with different perspectives on how to raise your kids, places where you can’t raise your kids the africane way. I believe that’s what being discussed here sir

2 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Exkandayee(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
Shokoloko:

At 12 years an African child in boarding house will try to BRIBE the gate men to let them go out indiscriminately. At 12 introducing their classmates to cultism as long as they do not get caught. At 12 multiple abortions claiming to be virgins. Certified runs girl at 15.
Upon all the disciplining.

No, africans are not law- abiding, empathetic and less corrupt. It was over here I saw that on a bus younger people stand up to allow older people, pregnant women and disabled people to sit down. I never saw it in Nigeria.

Over here UPS and DHL drops your package in front of your door. The package remains there until you come home at night and pick it. It cannot happen in Nigeria. Since I started buying cars I have locked car doors less than 5 times. Sometimes I forget to lock my door.

Upon all our discipline.
Come to the us, everything you wrote here about teens is x20,,,una cult deh learn work where gangs deh,abeg getat

4 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by angelfallz(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
Shey you did not read what the 15 year old did abi?
Shokoloko:
What is the point of beating a 15 year old.
Any correction not given before 12 might be a waste as character is already formed. What were the parents doing all those years.

As much as the situation is sad I see a silver lining. The girl is not all that useless because she actually graduated, meaning she has some sense. She should channel the rejection into something good and make good use of her life.

She is not the one who banned her father from the house. She did the natural thing: if I was been beaten up the most natural thing would be to call a higher authority for help.

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by descarado: 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
Beremx:
you are indeed a good daughter. The daughters of today are something else. They think they know more than their mothers. It is well o! grin

I tell you my sis. My colleague is battling with her eldest daughter here. Her son has 2 kids already.
Baby mama has refused to work. A nurse o.
Guy pays 700 pounds every month plus other stuff. One day he said, auntie, I learnt the hard way. His sis is gallivanting the whole world with friends. Work, make money and spend it on frivolities. It is well.

6 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2022
In Africa it does not happen, take your dumb ways and keep wallowing in them.
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by descarado: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mariangeles:

Cameras around the house?
Isn’t that too much?

At least, they deserve some privacy when they’re in the house na.
I’d go cray cray! undecided
When your kids reach a certain age, it's a prerequisite.
It will save uou jail term or bad record in the future

4 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by being(m): 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Sounding woke & cool but absolutely no iota of wisdom.. she should channel d rejection to something gud.. Just imagjne

Shokoloko:
What is the point of beating a 15 year old.
Any correction not given before 12 might be a waste as character is already formed. What were the parents doing all those years.

As much as the situation is sad I see a silver lining. The girl is not all that useless because she actually graduated, meaning she has some sense. She should channel the rejection into something good and make good use of her life.

She is not the one who banned her father from the house. She did the natural thing: if I was been beaten up the most natural thing would be to call a higher authority for help.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Mariangeles(f): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

The drug lords pay for the children’s phones ke! Not only was he selling, he was abusing too AND HAVING SEXXX with OLDER MEN for drugs! His anus was already SCATTERED! cry The poor single mother was FED UP! Her husband abandoned them a few years back. She just dashed him to the police and welfare system jeje.✅

I do random drug screens in this house o. Then the court will do theirs!✅

If I EVER find ANY kind of drugs in this house, GAME SO OVA!

Na wah o! shocked

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Mariangeles(f): 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
descarado:

When your kids reach a certain age, it's a prerequisite.
It will save uou jail term or bad record in the future

A case of when they know they’re being watched, they’re less likely to offend okwa ya?

Being a mum is not for the faint hearted. undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Shokoloko(f): 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
Nauttyprof:

It is in USA you hear of crazy crime conducted by teens in high school. Have you heard any Nigerian school where a teenager walks into the school and starts shooting at fellow students?

Nigerians are quick to appreciate whatever will see over there without also looking at the bad side of whatever they practice. Both systems are not perfect.

School shootings is a USA problem. It is minimal in other western countries. See below

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by mmsen: 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
Shokoloko:

They don't listen/understand reason.

The same people abusing their own children will wonder why the leaders that they all complain about are so heartless. They fail to see that they are a part of the problem, they produce the future monsters who will go out into the world to maltreat others.

The same women calling for children to be assaulted can't understand why the society that they live in has so many men who think that violence is the best form of communication.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Mariangeles(f): 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
kingreign:

Hahahahah this one na diaspora agbero style of parenting o. Using the flaws within the system to your advantage

Aptly put. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Would You First Go Through On Your Spouses' Phone If Given The Chance? / Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? / Men: Sex Life After Vaginal Childbirth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.