Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia (652 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Have These Kinds Of Names? / Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure / Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by WhatUneverKnew: 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hello everyone..

I am Indonesian, and I am smiling ear to ear reading the responses from Nigerian people that they have no idea about where Indomie actually comes from. Similar to you, I am also surprised to know that Indomie has travelled so far to Nigeria.

Well, Indomie is Indonesian top instant noodle brand. It is our favourite 'junk food' for many reasons.

It is SUPER delicious. It is cheap. It can be found at almost every grocery store, convenient store, supermarket, from the rural areas to the capital city. It can be eaten plain or mixed with whatever you have in refrigerator. It is very easy to cook (and no wonder it is the first food that kids usually learn to cook). And last but not least, it can make you hungry just by smelling the aroma.

For many Indonesians who live abroad, even for just a couple months, Indomie is the food they will miss most. Some says also that other countries' Indomie has different taste from the original Indonesian Indomie. I don't know about this, because I have never tried other countries' Indomie.

Thank you for loving our lovely Indomie smiley

#copied@quora
#kristiana maureen
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by DoctorOlasDesk: 5:37pm On Mar 27, 2022
We know.
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by immortalcrown(m): 5:38pm On Mar 27, 2022
The purpose of Indomie is to stop hunger. The purpose is fulfilled with or without knowing Indonesia.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by simpleseyi: 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
E ku ori ire nah.

Before, I comment. Is your country in support of Russia or in support of Ukraine/NATO/USA ?
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by babasolution: 5:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
Indomie is not such a great meal,it's only popular because it's popular with children
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by muyico(m): 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
simpleseyi:
E ku ori ire nah.

Before, I comment. Is your country in support of Russia or in support of Ukraine/NATO/USA ?
Mr war debate
takecare!
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by nahzyla: 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
Both the smell and the taste of Indomie has changed in Nigeria over the years.
Plus it's now more expensive than some staple meals eg garri and potato and native rice.
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by WhatUneverKnew: 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2022
I thought Indomie was made by dangote b4 coming across this post
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by Breadandpeppers(f): 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
Just as macaroni is from Macedonia grin

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by illicit(m): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2022
Una get hungry man size too

If not, that's rascism undecided
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by Mrkumareze(m): 6:23pm On Mar 27, 2022
Indomie has become my most hated food, don't know why and how to get the aroma to suit me
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by KanwuliaBaby: 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
I guess Spaghetti is from Spain?
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by Beremx(f): 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2022
I prefer Chicken Chikki to indomie. Indomie is very salty. It isn’t cheap as you stated
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by Carcholce: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2022
Breadandpeppers:
Just as macaroni is from Macedonia grin

And turkey from Turkey

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by WhatUneverKnew: 8:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
Beremx:
I prefer Chicken Chikki to indomie. Indomie is very salty. It isn’t cheap as you stated

Chikki is 9ja made right?
Imported products are always expensive
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by Beremx(f): 8:30pm On Mar 27, 2022
WhatUneverKnew:

Chikki is 9ja made right?
Imported products are always expensive
it’s naija made. I dunno if it originated from another country or it’s an indigenous company. I have never seen them doing an advert on their noodles on the media but their product is very good.
I prefer their noodles more than Indomie
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by MrToothBrush: 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2022
Carcholce:

And turkey from Turkey
now i am starting to belive you are indeed carchoice
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by thanksjosh005: 12:50am On Mar 28, 2022
Hey! I've smelt this question on quora before.
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by Preciousppearl(f): 5:33am On Mar 28, 2022
Chicken is from china abi
Re: Do Nigerians Know That Indomie Is From Indonesia by baby124: 7:02am On Mar 28, 2022
Nigerians have been eating indomie over 25yrs.

(1) (Reply)

What I Intend To Do About My Situation. / Have You Been To The Market after the subsidy removal? / Parenting Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.