Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,720 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure (21990 Views)

Advise, My Father Sold His House And Moved To The Village Now He Wants To Leave / Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by PatEinstEin(m): 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2023
Most Nigerians especially Igbos see the idea of moving back to their hometown as a defeat. If the City (for instance Lagos) becomes very difficult, I don't see anything wrong in relocating. There are people there afterall.

What are your thoughts on this?

35 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2023
Some of these Lagosians you see would have faired very well if they move back to their villages and apply same energy for hustling. Besides villages ain't really villages anymore.

207 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Exmilitant(m): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
Honestly, if i have a village i would have relocated for the comfort, quiet and slow paced life.
The hustle and bustle of PH city is killing me.

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Skyfornia(m): 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
If it's not part of a retirement plan...then something is obviously wrong.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by slawomir: 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Normally Africans get dull mentality

If there is network and good electricity i don't see the good thing in the city with too much noise

The serene and tranquil nature of Village is second to non
Go visit my grandma for village
I was shocked that the village was having almost 24 hours light...if them bring the light 10pm na till 5pm till next day them dey seize am

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Oppsin: 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Daniel058(m): 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
It's 90% of the time..and it's better to accept that you ve failed on time when you will still see a helper.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Kizyte(m): 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
Do you know what it means to be close to your village people? Village people can't accept you if you have not failed!

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by ChiefOloye(m): 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
You wan go back village?

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Hezzyluv: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
U'hv stayed years in the city and suddenly u came back to the village with nothing. The worse part is that u come day rent house inside the same village join. grin grin grin

E go take God's grace not to give yourself F9 in the hustle. cheesy cheesy cheesy

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
cheesy Even God instructed Abraham to leave his father's land to be blessed, same way Joseph was blessed in a foreign land, Esther the same.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by jmoore(m): 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ignorance is the main reason. In the village, you can easily get access to acres of land to farm at very low prices and harvest go plenty.

36 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by AmadeGTG: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
I need a video editor. Salary 120k. See my threads for details

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by bigdammyj: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
Reading...
Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by kcdendelo: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
Relocating to your village makes one lazy. obviously you will be living in your father's house and that hussling spirit will just die off

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by drlaykay(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
The question is, " What was the aim of relocation?"
Most people who relocated did so because they couldn't afford the lifestyle of the city.
However, a few others do so for the serenity.
Such people have good source of income which is most times in the cities.

Other set of people who go are the elderly, which should be encouraged. Once you are getting older, you should get closer to your people

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by jaybenugo: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Exactly the same reason Happie Boys are telling Apostle Chibuzor of OPM : "Them No Born You Well"

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfK031xm-CM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by BoldBrainz(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
If you're not relocating to the village at an age that is considered to be your inactive years where rest and peace of mind is the prime focus, Oga you are a failure!

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by BigYash: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
You wan go spread mat for village people mouth,when you are still hustling? Oya dey go nau

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Xtristopher: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Fear of village witches and wizards

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by FalseProphet1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Because the village is where the poorest of the poor live.

This I have seen.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by jojothaiv(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Shitty mentality.

Even the opportunities in cities we keep trooping for is on a tightrope now, it's no longer a level playing field.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by XtraFortunes: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
The city and urban areas in general have more opportunities.

So if you cannot make it in a place where there are more opportunities is it in a place where there are fewer that you will now make it?

This is the general thinking. This also applies to those who return to 9ja from abroad. It is true sometimes, while at other times it is not true

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by TheGift: 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
PatEinstEin:
Most Nigerians especially Igbos see the idea of moving back to their hometown as a defeat. If the City (for instance Lagos) becomes very difficult, I don't see anything wrong in relocating. There are people there afterall.

Meanwhile rich people in other climes relocate from the city to the country side- I.e village.

Maybe it's colonial mentality that is doing us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by negaiyke: 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
Yeah, I'm with you on this one bro. undecided

The Stereotype is so so Nauseating embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by ecolime(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
PatEinstEin:

Opportunities are limited in villages. It's not really about "defeat"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Xtristopher: 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
The fear of village witches and wizards

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by xynerise: 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
You think villages and rural areas have opportunities like Urban areas? No be everybody Sabi farm. When you say villages, are you talking about the rural part of the state of the State itself?

Village is for retirement not for a young man to hustle

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Kimjongun: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
A large percentage of relocation are not entirely because of money, some Nigerians can be terrible. Nigerians are running from their fellow Nigerians. Even people abroad ran from Nigeria they are not running from the land, they are running from the people.

We need to change out ways

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by Franzinni: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
My plan for village is huge ... Once I can reach certain mile stone, I desire to move into the village and not just the village but into the thick Forrest away from people, I will make sure all the things that I need are available and I will go into serious mechanized farming ... I will have a full plan for Fulani herdsmen I will dedicate a substantial budget to security via technology and I will be extremely ruthless with trespassing. I love solitude and nature and anything that takes me away from humanity, I tried it for a couple of years now and I realized, how much I love staying away from people and the village life will be best, a place where I can wake up in the morning and enjoy the pristine beauty of nature where I can gaze upon the hills and see the morning dew flow through the fingers of the trees. Where I can take a stroll into my farm and pluck fresh food that has no unnatural additives and take a momentary dip in the stream on my property. Wow I am almost moved to tears of joy as I type.... Life away from the monotonous rat race of struggling for money only to spend it on things that don't bring you any fulfilment beyond your desire to oppress your neighbor and be recognized in groups of people who are just as confused as you.

43 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians See Relocating Back To The Village As Failure by RonuRonu: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
Op is looking for traffic by all means 🤣 but fortunately or unfortunately, all of us are watching BBnaija all stars for now. We will visit Nairaland when we don watch BBnaija tire.

right now undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.