Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! (23167 Views)

Miracle: Man Survives Fall From 4,000-foot Sheer Cliff In Sri Lanka. (photos) / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 / LEARN HOW TO MAKE #200.000 ON A STRIP FOR COCOA EXPORT BUZ WITH NO CAPITAL STAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 11:26pm On Jul 11, 2011
seyibrown:

grin  grin You think and write alike, and you have now logged on to two computers in that cybercafe! I am stting directly behind you!  grin  grin  grin gohome, coogar!

are you the sister behind me with a shady chewing stick in her mouth? i hail you o. tongue

VolvoS60:

This thread is smoking!!  grin

Perhaps someone could put me through on something which isn't too clear to me. Why do Mrs. A and her husband (as reported so far) have different names? I don't know whether I have missed something here?

because bimbo must have had her international passport before she got married and she answers her maiden name on it.
the brits will identify her with the name on her passport not the mr and mrs whatever they bear in nigeria. it's a no brainer.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 11:37pm On Jul 11, 2011
Anything Coogar says should be taken with a healthy dose of salt, whoever so passionately justifies fraud in whatever form remains dodgy until proven otherwise.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2011
claremont:

Anything Coogar says should be taken with a healthy dose of salt, whoever so passionately justifies fraud in whatever form remains dodgy until proven otherwise.

and you had to write that in size 12? seriously, mate. . . .you need to get a life. mister "no recourse to public funds" grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2011
coogar:

and you had to write that in size 12? seriously, mate. . . .you need to get a life. mister "no recourse to public funds" grin grin grin grin grin
Just wanted to be sure it wasn't missed by any chance grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

are you the sister behind me with a shady chewing stick in her mouth? i hail you o. tongue

because bimbo must have had her international passport before she got married and she answers her maiden name on it.
the brits will identify her with the name on her passport not the mr and mrs whatever they bear in nigeria. it's a no brainer.

grin grin grin, u r unbelievable Coogar. You sure do have a "logical" and "truthful" explanation for all things fraudulent. What a joke! grin grin grin.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 11:13am On Jul 12, 2011
JJM:

grin grin grin, u r unbelievable Coogar. You sure do have a "logical" and "truthful" explanation for all things fraudulent. What a joke!  grin grin grin.

lord of mercy. . . .

your name is miss j-jm. you got your international passport before you married mr coogar davidson. grin cheesy
do you sincerely think the name on your passport will automatically change into mrs j. davidson? i mean, is this so difficult to understand?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

lord of mercy. . . .

your name is miss j-jm. you got your international passport before you married mr coogar davidson. grin cheesy
do you sincerely think the name on your passport will automatically change into mrs j. davidson? i mean, is this so difficult to understand?

OMG! Is that the only possible logical explanation for the disparity? May be I just want to remain Ms j-jm on a professional level after marrying Mr coogar davidson, or maybe not tongue Maybe I have a crafty little plan called Fraud up my sleeve hence the need not to change my name to Mrs J Davidson, or may be not tongue

It is understable that since you are her number 1 supporter, you will profer such explanations and insult people by saying its a "no brainer". Could it possibly be that Bimbo A is not her real name(believe it or not people get passports in other names especially where(pre fingerprinting) they have ruined their previous good record by overstaying.

Seriously Coogar! your blind and ferocious arguments in Bimbo's favour is hysterical, a joke! grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2011
Defense Counsel Coogar Davidson, you will certainly give Johnnie Cochran a run for his money cool
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2011
JJM:

Defense Counsel Coogar Davidson, you will certainly give Johnnie Cochran a run for his money cool

i will take that as a compliment, prosecutor jason juliet masterson. grin

JJM:

OMG! Is that the only possible logical explanation for the disparity? May be I just want to remain Ms j-jm on a professional level after marrying Mr coogar davidson, or maybe not tongue Maybe I have a crafty little plan called Fraud up my sleeve hence the need not to change my name to Mrs J Davidson, or may be not tongue

fraud? plan? this bimbo must be einstein's descendant to have planned this perfectly from birth. she has sisters in the uk - is there a disparity between bimbo's names on her passport with the ones her sisters bear?

It is understable that since you are her number 1 supporter, you will profer such explanations and insult people by saying its a "no brainer". Could it possibly be that Bimbo A is not her real name(believe it or not people get passports in other names especially where(pre fingerprinting) they have ruined their previous good record by overstaying.

even if bimbo isn't her real name. . . .it still does not explain the fact that she is not answering her hubby's last name. hubby is definitely not yoruba,

Seriously Coogar! your blind and ferocious arguments in Bimbo's favour is hysterical, a joke! grin grin grin

blind and ferocious? i laugh in quintuplets. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy - i have done nothing but offered logical explanation and pristine analysis concerning bimbo's case. if there's any whopper or prevarication, kindly highlight them instead of saying my favouring bimbo is hysterical. what's there to be hysterical about? madam-jjm, mind yourself o. angry
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

i have done nothing but offered logical explanation and pristine analysis concerning bimbo's case. if there's any whopper or prevarication, kindly highlight them instead of saying my favouring bimbo is hysterical. what's there to be hysterical about? madam-jjm, mind yourself o. angry
Quite the opposite if you ask me!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
claremont:

Quite the opposite if you ask me!

second that Claremont.

Coogar has just been giving weak and disgraceful explanations/justifications for Bimbo's fraudulent actions. lipsrsealed
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2011
JJM:

second that Claremont.
Coogar has just been giving weak and disgraceful explanations/justifications for Bimbo's fraudulent actions. lipsrsealed

weak and disgraceful? what is weak and what is disgraceful? educating you schlepps that nhs is not part of recourse to public funds is weak/disgraceful? you cowards should hang your heads in shame.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

weak and disgraceful? what is weak and what is disgraceful? educating you schlepps that nhs is not part of recourse to public funds is weak/disgraceful? you cowards should hang your heads in shame.

Association of Fraud supporters hang your heads in shame and Fraudsters go back to the gutter where you belong lipsrsealed
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2011
JJM:

Association of Fraud supporters hang your heads in shame and Fraudsters go back to the gutter where you belong lipsrsealed

siddon there. . . .bimbo is going nowhere. . . .her new apartment is being decorated as we speak and it's being funded by the taxes you pay.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

Just to educate you correctly Coogar, NHS is mainted by the public purse hence accessing it is dipping into public funds, no recourse to public funds means exactly that. Pay your way!

If it wasn't, UKBA will not be asking people to pay up their medical bills before even allowing them back into the country. UKBA do not ask if visitors owe a UK bank or credit card company money do they? cos that is private sector funds and they(the banks etc) will need to ensure that you are good for any loan before granting it to you-They are not even likely to grant a loan to non UK residents!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2011
JJM:

Just to educate you correctly Coogar, NHS is mainted by the public purse hence accessing it is dipping into public funds, no recourse to public funds means exactly that. Pay your way!

then you need to re-educate yourself. the public funds they are referring to are basically:

income-based jobseeker's allowance;
income support;
child tax credit;
working tax credit;
a social fund payment;
child benefit;
housing benefit;
council tax benefit;
state pension credit;
attendance allowance;
severe disablement allowance;
carer's allowance;
disability living allowance;
an allocation of local authority housing;
local authority homelessness assistance
income-related employment and support allowance.

as you can see, there's nowhere on the list that says if a car runs through an illegal immigrant or a visitor, the nhs should not treat him/her. public health is free in the united kingdom. emergency and complex cases like bimbo's should have been dealt with by letting visitors come in with health insurance schemes. the ukba failed to do that in nigeria so whose fault? an insurance company should be paying that £200k, had the ukba done their homework.

If it wasn't, UKBA will not be asking people to pay up their medical bills before even allowing them back into the country. UKBA do not ask if visitors owe a UK bank or credit card company money do they? cos that is private sector funds and they(the banks etc) will need to ensure that you are good for any loan before granting it to you-They are not even likely to grant a loan to non UK residents!

so who pays for a & e/walk-in centre victims that the nhs treat for free?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by VolvoS60(m): 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

Please explain sir, what you mean by "ïts a no-brainer".
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2011
VolvoS60:

Please explain sir, what you mean by "ïts a no-brainer".

it means the question isn't even relevant in this case.
let's assume you have a passport you travel with as we speak, and your wife has one she has been travelling with before you met. . . . .would the 2 passports share the same name?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

then you need to re-educate yourself. the public funds they are referring to are basically:

income-based jobseeker's allowance;
income support;
child tax credit;
working tax credit;
a social fund payment;
child benefit;
housing benefit;
council tax benefit;
state pension credit;
attendance allowance;
severe disablement allowance;
carer's allowance;
disability living allowance;
an allocation of local authority housing;
local authority homelessness assistance
income-related employment and support allowance.

as you can see, there's nowhere on the list that says if a car runs through an illegal immigrant or a visitor, the nhs should not treat him/her. public health is free in the united kingdom. emergency and complex cases like bimbo's should have been dealt with by letting visitors come in with health insurance schemes. the ukba failed to do that in nigeria so whose fault? an insurance company should be paying that £200k, had the ukba done their homework.

so who pays for a & e/walk-in centre victims that the nhs treat for free?

see quote direct from UKBA website:

"Do visitors qualify for medical treatment from the National Health Service?
Rights and responsibilities

This page explains whether you are entitled to free medical treatment from the National Health Service (NHS) while you are visiting the United Kingdom.

Visitors are not allowed to enter or stay in the United Kingdom to receive free medical treatment from the NHS. Except for treatment given in a hospital's accident and emergency department, you will be charged for any treatment you receive. You should ensure that you have enough medical insurance to cover your stay.

You can find more information on the Department of Health website."

I also refer you to the link below to improve your knowledge of the subject area.Its called the National health service not the International health service.Contrary to your assertion IT IS NOT FREE TO VISITORS,EVEN IN AN EMERGENCY,YOU WILL BE TREATED BUT HAVE TO PAY UP AFTERWARDS!

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Entitlementsandcharges/OverseasVisitors/Browsable/DH_074379
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

it means the question isn't even relevant in this case.
let's assume you have a passport you travel with as we speak, and your wife has one she has been travelling with before you met. . . . .would the 2 passports share the same name?

Wrong again!, "no brainer " means you don't need to use your brain power to work it out. easy and obvious answer.

Which is clearly not the case here!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2011
JJM:

Wrong again!, "no brainer " means you don't need to use your brain power to work it out. easy and obvious answer.

Which is clearly not the case here!

if the question is not relevant and doesn't apply to the issue then you don't need to use your brainpower to work it out. . . .this is also a no brainer.

JJM:

see quote direct from UKBA website:

"Do visitors qualify for medical treatment from the National Health Service?
Rights and responsibilities

This page explains whether you are entitled to free medical treatment from the National Health Service (NHS) while you are visiting the United Kingdom.

Visitors are not allowed to enter or stay in the United Kingdom to receive free medical treatment from the NHS. Except for treatment given in a hospital's accident and emergency department, you will be charged for any treatment you receive. You should ensure that you have enough medical insurance to cover your stay.

You can find more information on the Department of Health website."

I also refer you to the link below to improve your knowledge of the subject area.Its called the National health service not the International health service.Contrary to your assertion IT IS NOT FREE TO VISITORS,EVEN IN AN EMERGENCY,YOU WILL BE TREATED BUT HAVE TO PAY UP AFTERWARDS!

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Entitlementsandcharges/OverseasVisitors/Browsable/DH_074379

this is the loophole in the system. ukba says the patient should pay but this is what the nhs say. . . .

If you think that you will be charged for medical treatment, but can’t afford to pay, then you should still talk to a hospital administrator as they may be able to help you. The NHS is supposed to treat its patients in confidence, so even if you’re not living in the UK legally, your details should not be passed on.

by the time you combine data protection with the human right act, you will now see why ukba must insist on every visitor coming to the uk should have a verifiable health insurance scheme. the ukba should refer applicants to their own trusted insurance companies in nigeria to avoid any fraudulent or malpractices of forgers.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2011
Another quote from UKBA website

"How do I come to the United Kingdom for private medical treatment?
Private medical treatment

This page explains how to come to the United Kingdom for private medical treatment.

To come to the United Kingdom for medical treatment you must be able to show that:

you meet the requirements for leave to enter as a visitor;
if suffering from a communicable disease there is no danger to public health;
your course of treatment is for a limited period of time;
you have made satisfactory arrangements for the consultation or treatment you need;
you have enough money to pay for any treatment and to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds; and
you plan to leave the United Kingdom at the end of your treatment.
For further information on your rights and responsibilities see the rights and responsibilities section
."

If Bimbo had the baby prematurely at 32 weeks in June, she must have known she was pregnant when she applied for the visitor's visa. Why did she not apply for Private medical treatment visa? I tell you why, she would have had to register with a private healthcare provider in the UK to get the necessary letters to satisfy the ECO, this means having to shell out more money. Pure and simple, she knew what she was doing and planned to get free medical treatment on the NHS. lipsrsealed
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2011
JJM:

If Bimbo had the baby prematurely at 32 weeks in June, she must have known she was pregnant when she applied for the visitor's visa. Why did she not apply for Private medical treatment visa? I tell you why, she would have had to register with a private healthcare provider in the UK to get the necessary letters to satisfy the ECO, this means having to shell out more money. Pure and simple, she knew what she was doing and planned to get free medical treatment on the NHS. lipsrsealed

bimbo must have been getting pre-natal treatments somewhere. . . .was she paying to get those? was she asked to pay? were the proper checks done then for her to pay or not?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by VolvoS60(m): 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

@ Coogar,

Sir, are you absolutely sure of what you have written up there? Are you sure sir? Are you really, really sure?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
JJM:

Another quote from UKBA website

"How do I come to the United Kingdom for private medical treatment?
Private medical treatment

This page explains how to come to the United Kingdom for private medical treatment.

To come to the United Kingdom for medical treatment you must be able to show that:

you meet the requirements for leave to enter as a visitor;
if suffering from a communicable disease there is no danger to public health;
your course of treatment is for a limited period of time;
you have made satisfactory arrangements for the consultation or treatment you need;
you have enough money to pay for any treatment and to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds; and
you plan to leave the United Kingdom at the end of your treatment.
For further information on your rights and responsibilities see the rights and responsibilities section
."
Don't waste ur time trying to explain things to coogar he wouldn't get it. I'm not supporting what Bimbo did, i'm only happy that the kids are well and health. Pple like coogar  is everything that is wrong with Nigeria.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

if the question is not relevant and doesn't apply to the issue then you don't need to use your brainpower to work it out. . . .this is also a no brainer.
this is the loophole in the system. ukba says the patient should pay but this is what the nhs say. . . .

If you think that you will be charged for medical treatment, but can’t afford to pay, then you should still talk to a hospital administrator as they may be able to help you. The NHS is supposed to treat its patients in confidence, so even if you’re not living in the UK legally, your details should not be passed on.

by the time you combine data protection with the human right act, you will now see why ukba must insist on every visitor coming to the uk should have a verifiable health insurance scheme. the ukba should refer applicants to their own trusted insurance companies in nigeria to avoid any fraudulent or malpractices of forgers.

Your selective analysis beggars belief. The question of why she is not using the same name as her husband is very much relevant to the issue of whether her story as a whole lacks credibility.
Not relevant, not applicable is a tad different to "no brainer"(obvious, glaring)  my dear!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
justwise:

Don't waste your time trying to explain things to coogar he wouldn't get it. I'm not supporting what Bimbo did, i'm only happy that the kids are well and health. Pple like coogar  is everything that is wrong with Nigeria[/b].
Spot on!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

If you think that you will be charged for medical treatment, but can’t afford to pay, then you should still talk to a hospital administrator as they may be able to help you. [b]The NHS is supposed to treat its patients in confidence, so even if you’re not living in the UK legally, your details should not be passed on.[/b]

Horseshit! the govt agencies share information, how else does UKBA find out that a visitor has an outstanding NHS bill?don't be fooled by that please.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2011
justwise:

Don't waste your time trying to explain things to coogar he wouldn't get it. I'm not supporting what Bimbo did, i'm only happy that the kids are well and health. Pple like coogar is everything that is wrong with Nigeria.
claremont:

Spot on!

Abi o. Coogar is just fighting a lost cause. I agree with you Justwise and I am happy she and her children are doing well but how Bimbo went about it is wrong and may have made things worse for future applicants. Anything that is worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2011
VolvoS60:

@ Coogar,

Sir, are you absolutely sure of what you have written up there? Are you sure sir? Are you really, really sure?

that's the logical explanation in most cases unless you are bimbo's husband in nigeria and you know more than we do.

justwise:

Don't waste your time trying to explain things to coogar he wouldn't get it. I'm not supporting what Bimbo did, i'm only happy that the kids are well and health. Pple like coogar  is everything that is wrong with Nigeria.

ohhh, tape it shut you scallywag. and you are what is right with nigeria? you are a disgrace to the green passport!

JJM:

Your selective analysis beggars belief. The question of why she is not using the same name as her husband is very much relevant to the issue of whether her story as a whole lacks credibility.
Not relevant, not applicable is a tad different to "no brainer"(obvious, glaring)  my dear!

it's not relevant to the issue because husband and wife had history before they got married. it's like asking why your gcse certificate does not have your husband's name on it? i mean, who would dare ask such a question!!! blimey, give ukba some credits. . . .  if you think they have not done the proper checks to convict this woman, then you must be smoking woolies.

JJM:

Horseshit! the govt agencies share information, how else does UKBA find out that a visitor has an outstanding NHS bill?don't be fooled by that please.

ukba will find out a visitor with an outstanding bill if/when the nhs decide to shop that visitor. not the other way round. this is why it's called data protection. the ukba cannot force it out from nhs unless the issue of life/death or bomb terror is involved. grab a book and read up the act.

JJM:

Abi o. Coogar is just fighting a lost cause. I agree with you Justwise and I am happy she and her children are doing well but how Bimbo went about it is wrong and may have made things worse for future applicants. Anything that is worth doing is worth doing well.

never ever fought a lost case. . . .what i have seen here is enough barks to bring barbarians to shame without biting. . . . .i have not seen any credible fact that suggests bimbo deliberately tried to play the system. granted, there's a loophole in the system and i know people will always try to take advantage of it. . . . .on the other hand, i also believe innocent people do find themselves in such cases and the previous history of people who have tried to play the system should not be used to pass judgement. each case should be treated individually - that is what justice is all about.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

that's the logical explanation in most cases unless you are bimbo's husband in nigeria and you know more than we do.

ohhh, tape it shut you scallywag. and you are what is right with nigeria? you are a disgrace to the green passport!

it's not relevant to the issue because husband and wife had history before they got married. it's like asking why your gcse certificate does not have your husband's name on it? i mean, who would dare ask such a question!!! blimey, give ukba some credits. . . . if you think they have not done the proper checks to convict this woman, then you must be smoking woolies.

ukba will find out a visitor with an outstanding bill if/when the nhs decide to shop that visitor. not the other way round. this is why it's called data protection. the ukba cannot force it out from nhs unless the issue of life/death or bomb terror is involved. grab a book and read up the act.
never ever fought a lost case. . . .what i have seen here is enough barks to bring barbarians to shame without biting. . . . .i have not seen any credible fact that suggests bimbo deliberately tried to play the system. granted, there's a loophole in the system and i know people will always try to take advantage of it. . . . .on the other hand, i also believe innocent people do find themselves in such cases and the previous history of people who have tried to play the system should not be used to pass judgement. each case should be treated individually - that is what justice is all about.

Trust me, forget data protection, govt agencies SHARE information. take it from someone who knows this first hand. lipsrsealed

Stop ranting Coogar, your arguments hold no credibility whatsoever.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2011
JJM:

Trust me, forget data protection, govt agencies SHARE information. take it from someone who knows this first hand. lipsrsealed

of course they do but mostly in severe cases when life & death is involved.

Stop ranting Coogar, your arguments hold no credibility whatsoever.

and yours do? it's been more than 2 months since bimbo delivered her rugrats and she's yet to be nicked for any fraudulent activity or malpractises. you must know more than ukba then sitting behind your dusty dell desktop passing misguided judgement on an innocent mother of five. shame on u!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

7 Things To Check In Your Car Before A Long Drive - FRSC / Two Injured In Hit And Run Accident In Lekki (Graphic Photos) / A Fallen Container At Berger Bus-stop Caused This Long Traffic Holdup Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.