Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' (29938 Views)

Their Bullets Couldn’t Penetrate My Body - Oba Adebayo Fatoba On How He Escaped / Fight Breaks After A Nigerian Man Slapped An Oyinbo For Raining Insults On Him / Security Guard Slaps Lady For Raining Insults On Him At An Eatery (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by HopeSpencer: 12:56am On Mar 28, 2022
I saw a thief in action two days ago. It happened at the main gate of a 4-Star hotel called BEGONIA hotel in Oyo town. The hotel is located along Oyo-Ibadan expressway.

About 8:20 pm that day, I was passing by the main gate of the said hotel when a guy standing in front of the gate signalled to me for a ride; I'm into Okada riding business. The street was without any passerby at the time except me, who was loitering to pick up passengers. The guy asked me to wait and he quickly went back into the hotel and resurfaced about 3 seconds later with a loaded 50 litres jerrican probably filled with diesel or engine oil. He quickly sat on my bike, dragged the jerrican, and placed it on the passenger's foot rack.

"Speed off in this direction", he shouted at me without telling me his destination let alone giving me the chance to negotiate the price for the journey.

"To where?" I asked.

"Express", he shouted at me again with the air of mounting irascibility.

That 'Express' he mentioned is a trailer park along the expressway, a thriving market for bunkered petroleum products. The direction he asked me to take was not straightforward. We had to follow some obscure streets before getting back to the expressway.

Then the insults began when he asked me to increase speed. I told him I was being cautious to avoid an accident because his heavy load was not balanced and I was using great efforts to steer the bike to safety. Then he said other riders have been engaging in high speed despite the load with ease.

Speaking my mother's tongue, "Your ilk should never be found as an Okada rider because only old men approaching the grave ride this way. I needed to get out of sight within split-seconds and you were acting like a dumb rider", he said.

He later asked me to stop in front of a shop, took the loaded jerrican inside and came back 5 minutes later. He told me his new destination, while raining more invectives on me. I had to be patient with him so that he could pay his transport fare in full -- someone that could boldly steal in a location with CCTV cameras may decide not to pay to me the amount of money I was yet to tell him. You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that the guy, in connivance with an insider, just stole something from the hotel.

I checked the hotel's website for a contact through which I can report the theft or whatever that is, and I found an email and phone numbers probably under the manager's control. If they are putting their CCTV to good use, they won't need me to report the theft. I was not trying to report the theft as a good citizen; I needed to get back at the thief because of the insults I suffered without being able to reply him. Good riddance!

162 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Kingpee2(m): 1:18am On Mar 28, 2022
Just be careful ,imagine reporting to the manager that might also be an accomplice to the theft and you being labeled the real thief ,Ko ya loook away o if you want peace...

183 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Candidlady: 2:59am On Mar 28, 2022
Be very careful

You didn't tell us how much he paid you las las

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Osebanjo(m): 3:37am On Mar 28, 2022
Hopefully he eventually paid, right? Reporting a crime in some situation might backfire and it's a cruel world out there ampa. Let the hotel do their job, they'd trail and prolly get him someday. For the insults, you should be use to that now I mean, whole bunch of people like him ride with you daily I bet.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by YeyeGbami: 3:47am On Mar 28, 2022
Kingpee2:
Just be careful ,imagine reporting to the manager that might also be an accomplice to the theft and you being labeled the real thief ,Ko ya loook away o if you want peace...

Leave am. e b lyke say OP dey watch crime stories well

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by MadamVanessa(f): 3:53am On Mar 28, 2022
shocked

A thief insulting you is the best thing ever to happen to someone. Because it gives you this motivation to go stealing so that you can insult someone too.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by samuel051: 4:03am On Mar 28, 2022
Why carry him when you knew he was a thief, mumu u don cash out na now u won form good Nigerian. Why not disengage when you saw the red light ab initio?

45 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:07am On Mar 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

A thief insulting you is the best thing ever to happen to someone. Because it gives you this motivation to go stealing so that you can insult someone too.

You’re losing it , real quick at that

@HopeSpencer, I love the way you put your story together, you write really well. I want to support you with 5k for fuel, I appreciate honest hustlers, if you don't mind. I for send you PM but this medium is faster. Hang in there and keep doing the right things, you'll be alright.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by tillaman(m): 4:45am On Mar 28, 2022
grin
What if the hotel manager is Also an accomplice why not just look away
He paid you your money so your intending action is unnecessary

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by complexBoss12: 5:04am On Mar 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Are you trying to do a NwaAmaikpe or you being serious, either way its not working!

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by truthCoder: 5:15am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:
I saw a thief in action two days ago. It happened at the main gate of a 4-Star hotel called BEGONIA hotel in Oyo town. The hotel is located along Oyo-Ibadan expressway.

About 8:20 pm that day, I was passing by the main gate of the said hotel when a guy standing in front of the gate signalled to me for a ride; I'm into Okada riding business. The street was without any passerby at the time except me, who was loitering to pick up passengers. The guy asked me to wait and he quickly went back into the hotel and resurfaced about 3 seconds later with a loaded 50 litres jerrican probably filled with diesel or engine oil. He quickly sat on my bike, dragged the jerrican, and placed it on the passenger's foot rack.

"Speed off in this direction", he shouted at me without telling me his destination let alone giving me the chance to negotiate the price for the journey.

"To where?" I asked.

"Express", he shouted at me again with the air of mounting irascibility.

That 'Express' he mentioned is a trailer park along the expressway, a thriving market for bunkered petroleum products. The direction he asked me to take was not straightforward. We had to follow some obscure streets before getting back to the expressway.

Then the insults began when he asked me to increase speed. I told him I was being cautious to avoid an accident because his heavy load was not balanced and I was using great efforts to steer the bike to safety. Then he said other riders have been engaging in high speed despite the load with ease.

Speaking my mother's tongue, "Your ilk should never be found as an Okada rider because only old men approaching the grave ride this way. I needed to get out of sight within split-seconds and you were acting like a dumb rider", he said.

He later asked me to stop in front of a shop, took the loaded jerrican inside and came back 5 minutes later. He told me his new destination, while raining more invectives on me. I had to be patient with him so that he could pay his transport fare in full -- someone that could boldly steal in a location with CCTV cameras may decide not to pay to me the amount of money I was yet to tell him. You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that the guy, in connivance with an insider, just stole something from the hotel.

I checked the hotel's website for a contact through which I can report the theft or whatever that is, and I found an email and phone numbers probably under the manager's control. If they are putting their CCTV to good use, they won't need me to report the theft. I was not trying to report the theft as a good citizen; I needed to get back at the thief because of the insults I suffered without being able to reply him. Good riddance!

You write well (compared to the average Nigerian of today’s educational process)

Consider taking some online lessons on fiction writing and possibly start writing.

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by DigitalStepdad: 5:27am On Mar 28, 2022
Nicely scripted ... good conflict both internal and external..the resolution was none existent tho as we didnt get to find out if he paid you or not.

I dont believe the story tho but I enjoyed the read.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by HopeSpencer: 6:36am On Mar 28, 2022
DigitalStepdad:
Nicely scripted ... good conflict both internal and external..the resolution was none existent tho as we didnt get to find out if he paid you or not.

I dont believe the story tho but I enjoyed the read.

You tried your best not to sound stnpid. I know the shop where he sold his loot and his final destination, which is a gated apartment -- probably where he lives.

12 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by HopeSpencer: 6:41am On Mar 28, 2022
samuel051:
Why carry him when you knew he was a thief, mumu u don cash out na now u won form good Nigerian. Why not disengage when you saw the red light ab initio?

You lack the ability to comprehend a simple write-up. You can't easily come to a conclusion that the person is a thief in that situation. The hotel almost filled to the brim with merrymakers at the time judging from the blaring music at the open spaces in the hotel compound and security guards were stationed there.

8 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Crenzywilliams(m): 6:43am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:
if they are putting their CCTV to good use, they won't need me to report the theft. I was not trying to report the theft as a good citizen; I needed to get back at the thief because of the insults I suffered without being able to reply him. Good riddance!
At least u are being honest, you write pretty well for an okada rider, funny how this country ground Ur dreams and aspirations.

65 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by HopeSpencer: 6:46am On Mar 28, 2022
truthCoder:

You write well (compared to the average Nigerian of today’s educational process)

Consider taking some online lessons on fiction writing and possibly start writing.

I was into writing, fiction and nonfiction. If you have no money for publicity or connection, nobody will notice your works.

46 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by truthCoder: 7:18am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

I was into writing, fiction and nonfiction. If you have no money for publicity or connection, nobody will notice your works.

Good.

Have you tried online publishing?

Have you tried researching your target audience and their literary style?

Dont give up and don’t conclude that it’s about connection.

Create a Twittter page for example dedicated to you your writing styles. Open a simple blog (dont put those rubbish ads pls)

Just continue writing.

Build a follower-ship. Dont think about monetizing for now.

With time, you gain reputation and then money can come in.

17 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by DigitalStepdad: 7:19am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

You tried your best not to sound stnpid. I know the shop where he sold his loot and his final destination, which is a gated apartment -- probably where he lives.
so you say... just like I know the location of the upper room.

Oga pray they dont catch him on that cctv because you are going to be wearing bracelet eitth him as his getaway driver....

Even though nah story... bloggerman! cool

8 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by SarakiBukola: 7:50am On Mar 28, 2022
grin
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by delzbaba(m): 7:51am On Mar 28, 2022
For a bike rider your writing is above average, how did you end up being a bike rider, whats your academic qualification?

22 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by MITCHELL96: 9:00am On Mar 28, 2022
Omo
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:00am On Mar 28, 2022
This is serious
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Blakpot: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2022
OP dont waste people's time passing off a fiction u concorcoted for real life event.

You're a probably a freelance writer indirectly pitching off your writing skills to us.

So to hell with ur shite story

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:01am On Mar 28, 2022
Tinubu must not be allowed

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by yuzjet(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2022
Thief everywhere
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by badboyTee(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2022
N
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Perfecttouchade: 9:03am On Mar 28, 2022
Ok
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by englishmart(m): 9:03am On Mar 28, 2022
Your grammar is topnotch for an okadaman. Meanwhile, you shouldn't have carried him on your bike in the first place. What if you were chased and caught, you'd be labelled an accomplice.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weapons Bauchi Police Recovered From Kidnappers With The Help Of A Hunter (Pics) / Police Arrest Bull For Killing Woman In Kenya / DSS Alerts Public Of New Tactics By Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.