Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? (17970 Views)

How Much Feeding Allowance Is Sufficient For A Family Of Five / His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. / Man Walks In On His Wife Feeding Her Lover In Their Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Oyindamolah: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
qekng40:
She doesn't know how to manage, its better you sit her down and know what she spends it on instead of asking us.

You knew her before you got married, so why the complaints now?
it's not a question of her not knowing how to manage, prices change on a daily basis in Nigeria. How much is pure water ok your area?

3 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Kobojunkie: 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2022
Aostle:
We live in a remote area in Delta State and she usually asks me to help get foodstuffs for her from warri each time I'm returning from work after two weeks.
Look, what you are doing here, complaining that she complains money no dey enough happened even way back during the time of our fathers and there are only two ways around it.

A. She write you a full list of food ingredients and items each week/month that you must purchase for the home. This approach puts all responsibility of ensuring there is food in the house on you regardless of the cost. undecided

B. You both sit at table together each week and month to figure out costs for items needed and maybe go out together as a couple to purchase these items so you are both up to date on food costs and expenditure. undecided

Both seem similar but I recommend the second option to every married couple. There is no reason why one partner shouldn't be aware of how much it actually costs to feed it his/her own home and there is no reason why only one should be involved in making certain there is food in the home since everyone needs food. undecided

Your question as to whether 50k is not enough is flawed. Instead, you should get to talking with your wife about how[b] you both[/b] can do your best with the 50k undecided

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
angry
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by na2016: 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
YES
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by 07kjb: 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2022
neonly:
U mean for a week

How could you be so unreasonable
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Oyindamolah: 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
A reputable Day and Boarding School with headquarters in Akobo area of Ibadan, Oyo State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title:
House Mistress
House Master
Subject teachers

Requirement
Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
Benefit
There's FREE accommodation

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: mbahengwariconstane@gmail.com Or abrahamprecious@yahoo.com
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Promisecinho12(m): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
Is actually okay just sit her down and talk things over with her
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by ajayiopy: 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
Aostle:
I am married with one kid and another one on the way. I do two weeks in and two weeks out job and I earn 200k per month. We live in our own house and my wife runs a boutique business in a store owned by us so she doesn't pay rent for the business.

We have constant electricity free of charge so we cook with an electric cooker.

The problem here is I give her 50k monthly to take care of the house while I settle every other stuff including stocking the house with bag of rice, groundnut oil, palm oil, medical bills, cable subscription, school fee, clothing, etc and I also bring provisions and toiletries when I am coming back from work yet I get complains of the feeding allowance is not enough month in month out and I am getting fed up.

She knows I am doing a building project yet I keep getting complains.

Pls, advise me, is the feeding money not enough?
IT DEPENDS ON LOCATION.
BUT HONESTLY 150K IS OKAY.IF YOUR SPOUSE CANNT AFFORD 150K FOR NOW, SIT HIM DOWN AND RUB MIND ON THE WAY FORWARD.
IF YOU A FRIEND IN THE NOTHERN NIGERIA,LOOK FOR 300K BUY YAM,POTATOES,RICE, BEANS,PONMO AND SOME ESSNTIALS INGRDIENT LIKE TINKO ETC THAT WILL DO YOUR FAMILY FOR 6 MONTH AND THAT WILL HELP HER FOR THE PERIOD. YOU CAN ALSO GET HONEY TOO FROM THE NORTH.
FOR YOUR DRY FISH.CRAY FISH,PALM OIL SOURCE THEM FROM SOUTH-SOUTH
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
Yes,
Move to a village in Zamfara, rent for a year is about N6,000, everything is very cheap, even human life
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Klington: 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
[s]
neonly:
U mean for a week
[/s]

Learn to read and understand before typing.

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by eddynaira125: 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
After buying bag of rice, groceries, groundnut oil

50,000 not enough

Your wife is using the money to fund her hopeless shop,

Tell her to purchase AK 47 and rob
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by SocialJustice: 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
No
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by adelekeolu(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
i agree
heniford2:
dude the money is small but relax no amount of money you give ur woman will ever be enough for her as far as she's a Nigerian girl undecided that's the gospel truth so don't get pushed up on her complain if she complain much ask her to use her own money to complete whatever she feels she want to buy and lock up. undecided
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Romanoff(f): 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
Best is to buy basic items in bulk like a bag of rice two bags of semo/wheat. Bag of garri, 25 tubers of yam, beans, detergent, bathing soap etc.

That way, the 50k can be divided and spent weekly for things like beverages, eggs, plantain, potatoes and soups.
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by comrChris(m): 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2022
Spherical77:
The money is small considering the state of the economy. You may increase it a little
What's all these for goodness sake? From what he said, this guy spends nothing less than 100k from his 200k salary and the wife still complains.
She is also running a boutique business, what then is she doing with the money coming from the business?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Grupo(m): 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hmm. This is dicey. But I think you should increase the allowance. Things are costly now.

You can also get your wife to contribute. Don't chest all the burdens until you die before your time.

I am single and I spend around 50k on feeding in a month. And I don't even eat out.

So, 50k for 3 persons is kinda hard in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by 07kjb: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
Romanoff:
Best is to buy basic items in bulk like a bag of rice two bags of semo/wheat. Bag of garri, 25 tubers of yam, beans, detergent, bathing soap etc.

That way, the 50k can be divided and spent weekly for things like beverages, eggs, plantain, potatoes and soups.

Try understand while reading

2 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Johel(m): 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
Aostle:
I am married with one kid and another one on the way. I do two weeks in and two weeks out job and I earn 200k per month. We live in our own house and my wife runs a boutique business in a store owned by us so she doesn't pay rent for the business.

The problem here is I give her 50k monthly to take care of the house while I settle every other stuff including stocking the house with bag of rice, groundnut oil, palm oil, medical bills, cable subscription, school fee, clothing, etc and I also bring provisions and toiletries when I am coming back from work yet I get complains of the feeding allowance is not enough month in month out and I am getting fed up.

If u feel u are not doing well...go kill yourself Na...50k IS ENOUGH!!
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You give your wife and child ~ $10 a month or a week to feed? undecided

You forgot to mention where exactly your family lives so folks can give you a better assessment here. undecided

How's N50,000 equivalent to $10

4 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by maasoap(m): 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
Aostle:

It takes both couples to run a family. And since she's working too, she should compliment whatever you're putting down. It shouldn't be a one man show if you don't want to die young
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Yankee101: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
Give her 100k and ask her to buy the other things you've been buying
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Itisallright: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pls divine the money into 4 and give her weekly... woman are like that, they spend the way they see it
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by ajerimitan: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
If you want to manage 50k is good but if you want to live and really live 50k is barely enough. Adults can feed on just about anything but not kids. Your wife will manage most women are good managers. You can add 5k to it and appreciate her more. Women love to be appreciated the extra 5k you will be adding might just be as important as the whole 50k to her for a very long time. It will know you are extra sensity to her and the family cares and concerns. Pregnancy comes with a lot of swings you know...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Romanoff(f): 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
07kjb:

Try understand while reading

I read and understood.

And I'm replying from experience.

Things done cost, to buy yam and meat these days, no be child's play.

A woman can to buy goat meat for 500 yesterday, the meat seller said there's no meat for 500.

A basket of potatoes is 2300 (dustbin basket)

Basket of tomatoes is 1500-2000.

A kilo of beef is 2300.

There's no way she won't be spending 10-15k on soup and beverages per week if na city them dey. Can't say about cost of living in the village sha.
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by MissionaryArchi(m): 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
This forum is just littered with kids. Tufiakwa
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Angelfrost(m): 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2022
50k can't comfortably feed two grown adults today...
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by ceeceeuwa: 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2022
Aostle:

You have not told us her financial contributions to the home
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Tekzyflex(m): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2022
Beremx:
Just increase a little. Things are really expensive out there in the market. Cooking a pot of stew that would last for a month can gulp up to 50k not to talk of soup. It is well

Abi nah wedding stew!!!
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by maasoap(m): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2022
Grupo:
Hmm. This is dicey. But I think you should increase the allowance. Things are costly now.

You can also get your wife to contribute. Don't chest all the burdens until you die before your time.

I am single and I spend around 50k on feeding in a month. And I don't even eat out.

So, 50k for 3 persons is kinda hard in my opinion.

50k? May be you should go back and read his post again.
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by 07kjb: 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
Maybe your wife doesn't eat over night soup try and find out
Do u have freezer? Your wife can make a soup that can last for five days if there is freezer

Every two weeks you are leaving home to out side work so how is your wife and little child finishing that amount?

We know country is hard but with management things gets better
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Mendy101: 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
Aostle:

You getting the foodstuff already so why 50k for feeding?, are you paying her to cook?

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by ylaa(f): 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
Its more than enough

quote author=Aostle post=111437504]I am married with one kid and another one on the way. I do two weeks in and two weeks out job and I earn 200k per month. We live in our own house and my wife runs a boutique business in a store owned by us so she doesn't pay rent for the business.

Pls, advise me, is the feeding money not enough?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy / Unmarried, Childless Women Are Happiest People Of All, Says Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.