Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? (17978 Views)

How Much Feeding Allowance Is Sufficient For A Family Of Five / His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. / Man Walks In On His Wife Feeding Her Lover In Their Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Jennifer89(f): 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2022
kiddkash:

1carton of chicken is 10k

Which location? I eat chicken but my husband don't eat chicken or beef only fish and goat meat
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by kiddkash(m): 6:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jennifer89:

Which location? I eat chicken but my husband don't eat chicken or beef only fish and goat meat
same thing everywhere 24kg is 10,000
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by seanwilliam(m): 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2022
Well it depends on the kind of lifestyle you guys are used to. Some family of 3 earn 50k altogether and they’re living ‘fine’.. to be honest things are getting more and more expensive o. In your case 50k should be enough since you stock the kitchen with enough food..

Just plan with her and stand your ground . More so, don’t ever allow a woman to know how much you earn

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Jennifer89(f): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
kiddkash:

same thing everywhere 24kg is 10,000

Ok thanks
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by 1dafulmi(f): 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2022
A friend of mine was thinking she was naive by rejecting 3500 for one week feeding ( family of 7). They don't buy things in bulk. She's Currently reading a book on "How a wife material can manage 3k for feeding for a week".
God help us all!

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by jerk: 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2022
My brother that money is enuf for her,I talk from experience cuz I have three kids.
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by nedekid: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2022
Bros, sorry to digress.
You earn 200k
You give wife 50k
You probably spend another 100k on those other things you listed. Dstv, major foodstuff, transportation, bills etc.
Possibly you are left with at most 50k.
You are then doing a building project with 50k? NO BE JUJU BE THAT?
Abi how do you cope?

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Aaay: 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
No
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
neonly:

Make I come dey hustle with then
Just playing yur above money can't take you and yur family for a month except no kids involve
wetin u dey yan na?
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by TMwise1942: 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You give your wife and child ~ $10 a month or a week to feed? undecided

You forgot to mention where exactly your family lives so folks can give you a better assessment here. undecided

50k $10 guy wattin sub be mature na no be everything they the joke with
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by TMwise1942: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jennifer89:
Aostle your wife should learn how to manage that money it is enough. She's not buy rice groundnut oil and provision with the money so why is she complaining

I receive 50k I use 10 to buy goat meat for soup and stew coz I cook In bulk then use the remaining to buy other things needed in the house. I don't fill gas and cable subscription with the money.

If somethings get exhausted before month end I use my own money because I have a business. That's my little way of supporting him.

But he make sure I get my feeding money once salary is paid.

Talk to her calmly tell her you have a building project at hand she should please manage it. You know how your wife be so talk to her.
You get sense
Where they the see this type of wife self

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by maasoap(m): 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
Grupo:

You should be the one to reread his post. It's even stated in the title. 50k for 3 persons.

And it is because of the title you didn't bother to read the content?
Let me help you so that you can contribute properly.

while I settle every other stuff including stocking the house with bag of rice, groundnut oil, palm oil, medical bills, cable subscription, school fee, clothing, etc and I also bring provisions and toiletries when I am coming back from work
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Kimiso(m): 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
Beremx:
Just increase a little. Things are really expensive out there in the market. Cooking a pot of stew that would last for a month can gulp up to 50k not to talk of soup. It is well
you mean eating one soup for a whooping one month tuehhhh i repeat tuehhh
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Roadmike(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
Aostle:
I am married with one kid and another one on the way. I do two weeks in and two weeks out job and I earn 200k per month. We live in our own house and my wife runs a boutique business in a store owned by us so she doesn't pay rent for the business.

We have constant electricity free of charge so we cook with an electric cooker.

The problem here is I give her 50k monthly to take care of the house while I settle every other stuff including stocking the house with bag of rice, groundnut oil, palm oil, medical bills, cable subscription, school fee, clothing, etc and I also bring provisions and toiletries when I am coming back from work yet I get complains of the feeding allowance is not enough month in month out and I am getting fed up.

She knows I am doing a building project yet I keep getting complains.

Pls, advise me, is the feeding money not enough?

My guy i would advise you exercise some caution from all these suggestions, but sincerely i would say you have tried considering you stilll pick up several responsibilities at home. She's not taking care of the home solely. However please engage her so as to learn how to better mange her funds .
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Misterone: 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
neonly:
U mean for a week
I'm not sure this one earns up to 20k a month but he is here making a stupid statement. add the bag of rice, oil, toiletries and other miscellaneous expenses unknown you you see that it is up to a 100k. how many families earn a 100k in Nigeria yet this ass is asking if it is for a week! rubbish.
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by invinzible1: 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2022
maasoap:

Firstly, 50k naira is not equivalent of 10 dollars. You need to beat up your Maths teachers.
Secondly, He doesn't give just 50k monthly and stops at that, he buys stuffs too.
After he beats up his Math teacher, his father needs to beat him for not searching for knowledge elsewhere.
If I were his father though I will use him for money ritual to train other kids

2 Likes

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by MadamOk(f): 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
Well is ok since you said you handle other things in the house but try to dey add extra change cos things dey change for market every day

I hope she is not that flashy type ooo cos with that kind of amount of money she can't manage it

God dey sha
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by ufotty2001: 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2022
Beremx:
Just increase a little. Things are really expensive out there in the market. Cooking a pot of stew that would last for a month can gulp up to 50k not to talk of soup. It is well
Why will a pot of stew cost up to 50k are u cooking human head

1 Like

Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by cybriz82(m): 10:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
seanwilliam:
Well it depends on the kind of lifestyle you guys are used to. Some family of 3 earn 50k altogether and they’re living ‘fine’.. to be honest things are getting more and more expensive o. In your case 50k should be enough since you stock the kitchen with enough food..

Just plan with her and stand your ground . More so, don’t ever allow a woman to know how much you earn

To b honest with u na only u get sense here...d rest just dey talk trash..evn d ones wey never see 100k since they born them are saying 50j is too small.. despite say d man dey stock d kitchen all d time...I doubt if dey evn read before commenting..

Mr op u married d wrong person she is just trying to leech u dry...
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by neonly: 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
Misterone:
I'm not sure this one earns up to 20k a month but he is here making a stupid statement. add the bag of rice, oil, toiletries and other miscellaneous expenses unknown you you see that it is up to a 100k. how many families earn a 100k in Nigeria yet this ass is asking if it is for a week! rubbish.

Insulting people makes u feel better
Get a life
D ans was an exclamation knowing fully well things are very expensive in our era
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by neonly: 11:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
LOVEGINO:
wetin u dey yan na?

Dust grin grin
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by TheManOfTheYear: 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2022
Mercychen:
Is it with basic food stuff available?

For a month?

If you already have all the basics readily available, then, yes it's ok. Otherwise, no way! Except na crayfish rice and Pomo soup you want to be feeding your family with.

Your wife can add hers to it cos it won't be enough o. Money no get value again o. Hm.
So you eat chicken and turkey everyday in your house. Hmm you must be earning 500k+ because with the current state of the economy of this shithole nation, the middle class does not exist anymore.

50k per month can be managed for feeding. All these una online standards.
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by 24brains(m): 12:07am On Mar 30, 2022
Aostle:
I am married with one kid and another one on the way. I do two weeks in and two weeks out job and I earn 200k per month. We live in our own house and my wife runs a boutique business in a store owned by us so she doesn't pay rent for the busines.

The problem here is I give her 50k monthly to take care of the house while I settle every other stuff including stocking the house with bag of rice, groundnut oil, palm oil, medical bills, cable subscription, school fee, clothing, etc and I also bring provisions and toiletries when I am coming back from work yet I get complains of the feeding allowance is not enough month in month out and I am getting fed up.

so your wife cannot add from the boutique she runs to make the money enough? no wonder married men die way far before the women.

why do nigeria women always have the mentality of "his money is our money and my money is my money"
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by bummyla(m): 12:08am On Mar 30, 2022
Biko, let her make it up, if it is too little!
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 30, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
So you eat chicken and turkey everyday in your house. Hmm you must be earning 500k+ because with the current state of the economy of this shithole nation, the middle class does not exist anymore.

50k per month can be managed for feeding. All these una online standards.

I don't eat chicken or turkey because I don't like them. I do only beef and before you can buy beef that will make a decent pot or sopu and stew for a family of three now, you'll spend nothing less than 5k, yet it's just for a week. Then calculate other food stuff and comdiments...

I stay alone and to manage and make a pot of skeleton soup that will last me for only two days, I'll spend 3k and it won't have all the necessary oririsirisi. Two days it's gone and its only me.

Things are annoyingly expensive. This is not about online standards. Naira no longer has value.
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Aostle: 8:39am On Mar 30, 2022
Nekedekid: Bros, sorry to digress.
You earn 200k
You give wife 50k
You probably spend another 100k on those other things you listed. Dstv, major foodstuff, transportation, bills etc.
Possibly you are left with at most 50k.
You are then doing a building project with 50k? NO BE JUJU BE THAT?
Abi how do you cope?

You must be a babalawo to think its juju. Anyways let me ask you some questions;
Can three people finish a bag of rice in a month?
Can three people finish 5litre of kings groundnut oil in a month?
Can three people finish 5litres of palm oil in a month?
I guess this will help you think and maybe you should re-read the original post.
Thanks![color=#000000][/color]
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Misterone: 9:30am On Mar 30, 2022
neonly:

Insulting people makes u feel better
Get a life
D ans was an exclamation knowing fully well things are very expensive in our era
things are very expensive indeed. you don't have a job and you're still being fed from your mother's pot that's why you made that statement. those who have jobs know that 50k is enough for a family of 3 for feeding.
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by 24brains(m): 10:18am On Mar 30, 2022
Aostle:
I am married with one kid and another one on the way. I do two weeks in and two weeks out job and I earn 200k per month. We live in our own house and my wife runs a boutique business in a store owned by us so she doesn't pay rent for the business.

We have constant electricity free of charge so we cook with an electric cooker.

She knows I am doing a building project yet I keep getting complains.

Aostle, what does your wife do with the proceeds she make from her boutique business? no go die early oo
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
Beremx:

Why can’t sh augment the 50k with her lil something, since she is not a house wife and has a boutique.
Must all the burden be on the husband who’s even currently undertaking a building project?
Re: Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
Mercychen:
Is it with basic food stuff available?

For a month?

If you already have all the basics readily available, then, yes it's ok. Otherwise, no way! Except na crayfish rice and Pomo soup you want to be feeding your family with.

Your wife can add hers to it cos it won't be enough o. Money no get value again o. Hm.

Yiu read when he said he buys the rice and stuff in bags, they use electric cooker etc
So she doesn’t buy rice, gas etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unmarried, Childless Women Are Happiest People Of All, Says Expert / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy / Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.