Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? (2519 Views)

Guys Who Date These Types Of Girls. How Do You Cope?(Photo) / Why Is My Young Neighbor Always Showing Me Style / Daily Hard Truth Guys Don't Know About Girls (thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 11:17pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good evening Nairalanders,

Please, I have been thinking about this lately and don't know how to go about it.

I have this very loud neighbor who always likes staying in my room most of the times.

Well, I'm not complaining about that because I need company sometimes..

But what I really cannot put up with him is the fact that he likes flirting with numerous girls and always talk about them.

He can chat with a girl for a whole 8 hours and not get tired.

Even right now, as I type, he's in my room at this time (11:11 pm) and has been talking with a girl for over one hour.

And I get pissed off with that because it irritates me. Like he can come as early as possible in the morning to gist me about his latest hit.

I want to tell him to reduce his visits to my room since he doesn't have any sensible discussion asides from women.

But I don't know how to go about it, so I don't sound rude.

Please guys, how do I go about this?

P.S: I would be grateful if this makes the front page. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by dawnomike(m): 11:22pm On Mar 28, 2022
WisdomDannie:
Good evening Nairalanders,

Please, I have been thinking about this lately and don't know how to go about it.

I have this very loud neighbor who always likes staying in my room most of the times.

Well, I'm not complaining about that because I need company sometimes..

But what I really cannot put up with him is the fact that he likes flirting with numerous girls and always talk about them.

He can chat with a girl for a whole 8 hours and not get tired.

Even right now, as I type, he's in my room at this time (11:11 pm) and has been talking with a girl for over one hour.

And I get pissed off with that because it irritates me. Like he can come as early as possible in the morning to gist me about his latest hit.

I want to tell him to reduce his visits to my room since he doesn't have any sensible discussion asides from women.

But I don't know how to go about it, so I don't sound
Please guys, how do I go about this?

P.S: I would be grateful if this makes the front page. Thanks!
When he starts talking about his nonsense, just change the topic

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by Carcholce: 11:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
He can’t stop now, you can’t stop him either. Give him some space, when he gets burned he’ll get sense.

6 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by flames007(m): 11:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
Well, if you find it hard to actually tell him to stop, you could pretend to be hard at work on your laptop or something. When he comes with the rubbish gist don't give him much attention. In fact, always remind him that he should not disturb you while you work cos it will actually DUSTURB you. Do this consistently until he gets the message. Don't know if I made sense.

That's what I would do though.

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WoundedLamb: 12:02am On Mar 29, 2022
Lol... Talking about women round the clock, there's a name for that here. I think it's redpill or something like that.

OP, when people talk to us, we tend to pretend to be interested out of politeness. You've probably been doing this in order not to hurt his feelings, but that only keeps him going. There's really no point complaining on NL when you've not given the person any hint that you don’t want to hear his stories anymore. I, therefore, suggest you quickly change the topic whenever he's about to start his stories or just go mute and concentrate on something else. If he's not thoughtful enough to get the message, jokingly let him know you're done. A simple statement like "dude, please, don't even start with these your stories now" could be said with different degrees of seriousness. Start from the first degree (with laughter and mild interest) and gradually switch it up each time. I know you don't want to sound unnecessarily riled up, but trust me, he'll get the message long before it comes that.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by SNEFF: 12:02am On Mar 29, 2022
calm down son, you can learn a thing or two from him ..

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by Baloranking(m): 12:58am On Mar 29, 2022
SNEFF:

grin grin leave op with his exaggerated story. He's probably jealous.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by internationalman(m): 1:19am On Mar 29, 2022
I have one like that that sexualizes every woman that walks past us be it married, old or young woman.. He's very annoying.
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 1:26am On Mar 29, 2022
dawnomike:
When he starts talking about his nonsense, change the topic

I have tried that already. But it seems he doesn't get the idea. No sooner had we started talking about other stuff than he began to divert to flirty discussions

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 1:27am On Mar 29, 2022
Carcholce:
He can’t stop now, you can’t stop him either. Give him some space, when he gets burned he’ll get sense.

Thanks for this bro. I'll try
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 1:30am On Mar 29, 2022
flames007:
Well, if you find it hard to actually tell him to stop, you could pretend to be hard at work on your laptop or something. When he comes with the rubbish gist don't give him much attention. In fact, always remind him that he should not disturb you while you work cos it will actually DUSTURB you. Do this consistently until he gets the message. Don't know if I made sense.

That's what I would do though.

Thanks bro for this. It's going to be helpful
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 1:32am On Mar 29, 2022
WoundedLamb:
Lol... Talking about women round the clock, there's a name for that here. I think it's redpill or something like that.

OP, when people talk to us, we tend to pretend to be interested out of politeness. You've probably been doing this in order not to hurt his feelings, but that only keeps him going. There's really no point complaining on NL when you've not given the person any hint that you don’t want to hear his stories anymore. I, therefore, suggest you quickly change the topic whenever he's about to start his stories or just go mute and concentrate on something else. If he's not thoughtful enough to get the message, jokingly let him know you're done. A simple statement like "dude, please, don't even start with these your stories now" could be said with different degrees of seriousness. Start from the first degree (with laughter and mild interest) and gradually switch it up each time. I know you don't want to sound unnecessarily riled up, but trust me, he'll get the message long before it comes that.

Thank you for this advice. I'll pick it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 1:35am On Mar 29, 2022
SNEFF:

There's absolutely nothing I would learn from someone that sexualizes women. He even goes as far as body-shaming them especially when they turn down his advances.

I understand that as guys we sometimes discuss women, but when it becomes too much, then it's bad.
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 1:40am On Mar 29, 2022
Baloranking:

grin grin leave op with his exaggerated story. He's probably jealous.

There's nothing exaggerated about what I wrote there. And I'm not jealous man. At least, I have my babe who gives me all the time in the world.

What I'm simply asking is that he should read the time for every discussion. For instance, we should also be talking about money (He keeps updates to himself), sports, news, or everyday gist.

Not every time women this, women that. There's time for everything abeg.
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 1:43am On Mar 29, 2022
internationalman:
I have one like that that sexualizes every woman that walks past us be it married, old or young woman.. He's very annoying.

It's not encouraging. it would help if some of us learn to respect ladies and not see them as s*x objects, despite the fact they aren't helping matters too.
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:34am On Mar 29, 2022
are you really annoyed about it OR SIMPLY jealous of the way he easily talk to countless women?!
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by illicit(m): 7:08am On Mar 29, 2022
Just tell him
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by Tallesty1(m): 7:27am On Mar 29, 2022
WisdomDannie:

There's absolutely nothing I would learn from someone that sexualizes women.
Why don't you just cut him off? A band company is worse than none.

I have a friend like him. He talks about women all the time, brags about them like it's some sort of achievement.

There was a time we had a fall out and he told me that I cannot in my entire life sample 10% of the woman he has already sampled.

But aside this, he's a good friend, very useful so I called him one day and told him to stop talking about girls when we are together. It was difficult in the beginning but he stopped eventually.

The crazy thing though is that a lot of guys are like him.
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by Boogyman557: 7:44am On Mar 29, 2022
Holly Gram cool HERE I COME in!

BABA YAGA TINZ!

Make I give u better ADVISE!

Since d MANCHI de always lap 4 ur AP (house)..

JUST PREPARE better Rice wit better STRONG WEED..

Make SURE sey d WEED done WELL WELL inside the Rice!

Give d MANCHI d Rice to EAT!

I SWEAR DOWN!

Em go START de BEHAVE mature!

Na better TINZ em go de CAPRISUN give u..

Em go de TALK TINZ like...

How to make MONEY!

How to REASON like a Guy MAN!

Many many REASONABLE TINZ wey em go de tell u..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by lilvicky68(m): 7:53am On Mar 29, 2022
I don't enter other people's room and I don't like my neighbors entering my room either.. we just greet ourselvese good morning and move on..
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by Kobicove(m): 8:18am On Mar 29, 2022
WisdomDannie:

I have tried that already. But it seems he doesn't get the idea. No sooner had we started talking about other stuff than he began to divert to flirty discussions

Next time he starts his nonsense discussion just pretend to be very busy working and don't respond, he will eventually get the message
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by Oturatetuala(m): 8:28am On Mar 29, 2022
Some men are just like that bro, I have got them bulk over here too. Take a chill pill and act as if he doesn't exist in your kingdom
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by Nicepoker(m): 8:32am On Mar 29, 2022
Una two no get job?
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by Medianna(f): 8:34am On Mar 29, 2022
There are some ladies too that all they think and talk about is men, guys, boys,

Anyway red pillers will give you a perfect solution..

That's there specialization.
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by mrfizy(m): 8:54am On Mar 29, 2022
This is how I handle people or topics I don't want to get involved in:
1.Initially I give little or minimal attention to the discussant or discussants.
2.If he is too blind to get the memo,I completely withdraw my attention from the discussion and move the attention to other things.
3.At the risk of sounding rude,you may jokingly tell him to change the discussion or you bring up another topic.
4.If the above does not work and you have nothing to lose from not being in good terms with him , then it's time to go ballistic on him.
Thanks.
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 9:05am On Mar 29, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
are you really annoyed about it OR SIMPLY jealous of the way he easily talk to countless women?!

The first one does it.

I am not jealous because there's simply no achievement in wooing thousands of ladies. We can just discuss them at times but he overdoes the thing

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2022
illicit:
Just tell him

Omo that's the problem. People over here misunderstands a lot. I might tell him and he takes it in another way.

It's not like there's nothing to lose but I don't want to create enemies
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 9:12am On Mar 29, 2022
Tallesty1:
Why don't you just cut him off? A band company is worse than none.

I have a friend like him. He talks about women all the time, brags about them like it's some sort of achievement.

There was a time we had a fall out and he told me that I cannot in my entire life sample 10% of the woman he has already sampled.

But aside this, he's a good friend, very useful so I called him one day and told him to stop talking about girls when we are together. It was difficult in the beginning but he stopped eventually.

The crazy thing though is that a lot of guys are like him.

Same like this guy..

He can be funny sha.

But I enjoy staying with my roommate who is on IT.

Despite his taste for classy ladies, that one always discuss projects he wants to start. We share ideas and workable strategies to achieve them. Omo..so what I needed!

Something I have never done with this neighbor
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 9:13am On Mar 29, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool HERE I COME in!

BABA YAGA TINZ!

Make I give u better ADVISE!

Since d MANCHI de always lap 4 ur AP (house)..

JUST PREPARE better Rice wit better STRONG WEED..

Make SURE sey d WEED done WELL WELL inside the Rice!

Give d MANCHI d Rice to EAT!

I SWEAR DOWN!

Em go START de BEHAVE mature!

Na better TINZ em go de CAPRISUN give u..

Em go de TALK TINZ like...

How to make MONEY!

How to REASON like a Guy MAN!

Many many REASONABLE TINZ wey em go de tell u..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Lol my boss! grin grin
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by internationalman(m): 9:15am On Mar 29, 2022
WisdomDannie:

It's not encouraging. it would help if some of us learn to respect ladies and not see them as s*x objects, despite the fact they aren't helping matters too.

They all can form red pill here all they want but the truth is that we have more mature women than men out there..
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 9:16am On Mar 29, 2022
lilvicky68:
I don't enter other people's room and I don't like my neighbors entering my room either.. we just greet ourselvese good morning and move on..

Omo...na this one I wan start

Like I allowed them due to how close we are in the lodge, but everyone is now seeking allowance.
Re: My Neighbor Always Talk About Girls. How Do I Ask Him To Stop? by WisdomDannie(m): 9:20am On Mar 29, 2022
Kobicove:

Next time he starts his nonsense discussion just pretend to be very busy working and don't respond; he will eventually get the message

Trust me I do this all the time. Sometimes, he gets the picture and stops for a while.

The thing is... I want him to just stop the habit around me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How My Boyfriend Infected Me With This / Please, Recommend Effective Abortion Pills For Me. / What It Means To Be Street!! --- Time For Fun Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.