Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady (26169 Views)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Tickles001(m): 6:20am On Mar 31, 2022
ImaIma1:

You are only talking about an ideal situation where you have enough money for her to fall back on. For how long?
Money is hardly enough. That's why I said couples should never live above their means so that growth will be possible.
For how long? She's working and the fall back is just to cushion her for a while. Assuming there's no livelong investment.

ImaIma1:
I know someone, an inlaw, whose husband forbade her from working. When he died, it wasn't easy. Now her kids are grown, she has to completely depend on them. No single dime of her own. She keeps complaining about her husband holding her back.
This is a different case. I didn't say she shouldn't work, that would make her bored at home. I'd encourage her to start something worth her time and energy at the early stage of the marriage.
The point here is not that I don't want her to have a little money of her own, but I don't want to have her only after she's washed out in the pursuit of that money.

Know this. When a man that is looking for a woman to pair with, her finance is among the least he considers. This is because she can still make the money in your house. But if she's no longer has the allure of a woman, nothing can restore it.

ImaIma1:
When I say you should wait till you get married, it is not that I am trying to insult you. But you can't be a single person and give an informed opinion no matter how close to you are to married family members. It's simple wisdom.
Not family members. Most of them are friends.
As for this aspect of marriage. I don't agree one must be married before they understand it. A close observation of multiple homes will give you enough info to work with.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by ImaIma1(f): 10:01am On Mar 31, 2022
Tickles001:

Money is hardly enough. That's why I said couples should never live above their means so that growth will be possible.
For how long? She's working and the fall back is just to cushion her for a while. Assuming there's no livelong investment.

This is a different case. I didn't say she shouldn't work, that would make her bored at home. I'd encourage her to start something worth her time and energy at the early stage of the marriage.
The point here is not that I don't want her to have a little money of her own, but I don't want to have her only after she's washed out in the pursuit of that money.

Know this. When a man that is looking for a woman to pair with, her finance is among the least he considers. This is because she can still make the money in your house. But if she's no longer has the allure of a woman, nothing can restore it.

Not family members. Most of them are friends.
As for this aspect of marriage. I don't agree one must be married before they understand it. A close observation of multiple homes will give you enough info to work with.

As I said, you need to be married to make an informed opinion. When you do get married, you will remember this chat and smile.

Observing multiple homes, whether friends, family or enemies is different from being in it. Ask those you observe. You are only an onlooker and not a partaker.

You know how it is when you are watching a match and you know what a player or players should have done better. But when they put you there, you can't do much better than them. It is similar. So, wait till you are on the pitch.

All the one you are saying in theory and hypothesis. Only your own experience will count. Deep down you know this because you sound smart. But I might be wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Goldentulip2: 10:09am On Mar 31, 2022
TI1919:
You are very stupid and senseless
Smh kids
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by NoToPile: 10:52am On Mar 31, 2022
Mariangeles:

True. cheesy

Men make money, then find the right woman (for them) to spend it with.

Yes oo

Who no want soft life?

Man money sweet to spend oo.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Tickles001(m): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2022
ImaIma1:
As I said, you need to be married to make an informed opinion. When you do get married, you will remember this chat and smile.
There's nothing here to remember. It would be nothing different from what I said here and you know it.
Remember your initial question "Why men don't marry a woman that is capable of helping financially?" Then I answered that primarily, men want something different from money when looking for a woman. The reason being that by the time she makes money, she's lost her ability to be the kind of woman a man would want.
But the bad economy has encouraged more men to accept the trade-off.

ImaIma1:
All the one you are saying in theory and hypothesis. Only your own experience will count. Deep down you know this because you sound smart. But I might be wrong.
I know people will always have varied experiences on same matter, but doesn't change the natural other of man to woman relationship.
You know intelligence is relative. Yes you might be wrong in your assumptions about my intelligence, and another person so right on the same assumption. cool
Everyone is intelligent if you ask me, but not always in the aspect we want them to be. grin

Why do you think rich men cheat on their rich wives with younger but broke women? If money is what men want from women, why don't they cheat with older and financially capable women?
Go to campuses and see how rich men are trooping in looking for young girls that has no money. Why are they not going to secretariates and other big offices where they'd find capable women?
The answer is clear as day.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by ImaIma1(f): 11:46am On Mar 31, 2022
Tickles001:

There's nothing here to remember. It would be nothing different from what I said here and you know it.
Remember your initial question "Why men don't marry a woman that is capable of helping financially?" Then I answered that primarily, men want something different from money when looking for a woman. The reason being that by the time she makes money, she's lost her ability to be the kind of woman a man would want.
But the bad economy has encouraged more men to accept the trade-off.

I know people will always have varied experiences on same matter, but doesn't change the natural other of man to woman relationship.
You know intelligence is relative. Yes you might be wrong in your assumptions about my intelligence, and another person so right on the same assumption. cool
Everyone is intelligent if you ask me, but not always in the aspect we want them to be. grin

Why do you think rich men cheat on their rich wives with younger but broke women? If money is what men want from women, why don't they cheat with older and financially capable women?
Go to campuses and see how rich men are trooping in looking for young girls that has no money. Why are they not going to secretariates and other big offices where they'd find capable women?
The answer is clear as day.

No need to argue back and forth on this matter. When you get married, it will be clearer. Till then, you can keep observing and concluding.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Tickles001(m): 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
ImaIma1:

No need to argue back and forth on this matter. When you get married, it will be clearer. Till then, you can keep observing and concluding.
It can't get any clearer than this ma'am. wink
Be well.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Teleprompter(f): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
I wish that I saw this thread earlier.
A woman should be financially able to feed herself without a man even if she can not build a house.
I don't know how any adult would be comfortable being dependent on a man for a need as basic as food.
Even old parents that depend on their children should be frowned upon except they are handicapped. People die everyday. If they did not have children, would they not live? Children should take care of their parents out of care but it should not be compulsory.
I work very hard myself as a woman and no brother of mine can even come and say he wants to marry a woman with no job at all and if she is a fresh graduate, let her wait. Otherwise when PHCN come during the day, she would allow them to cut the line because husband is not at home? God forbid !
Money is never too much. Even Politicians wives have functional businesses.
It is even the disobedient and promiscuous ones that expect men to pay for everything including their hair. I would ask how the person has been doing her hair before she met me...
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 03, 2022
Tickles001:
Men don't want money from women. What we want is chastity, clean heart and submission. The three is mostly never found in older women that have achieved something.

If not for the woke culture. It's never in the place of a woman to bring money to support the family.
That's why most men go for the chastity first because she could stay in his house and start business.
I know a man who married his wife as a virgin ( a graduate, a clean soul) and yet he is still womanizer.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Cousin9999: 9:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
Some feel like they don't have a choice. Some don't know or accept how terrible men can be.

Guys who marry them are usually very aware and intentional. They want someone they can financially abuse, and control. Other guys don't have much, and they want someone who they think won't care or judge them as harshly (or someone they can talk down to).

That said, some men see themselves as a knight in shining armor. They want to pluck the village girl from poverty and make her feel like a queen.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Womanizer(m): 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2022
Hammyaladin:
I know a man who married his wife as a virgin ( a graduate, a clean soul) and yet he is still womanizer.

One pussy is never enough grin
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2022
Womanizer:

One pussy is never enough grin
very unfair if u ask me.

But life ain't fair..sol!
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by ahnie: 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2022
Hello ecomms good morning.
Pls I m drawing your attention to a cheap troll trolling with my monicker seeking for assistance from you.hes a known begger with multiple accounts well known on this forum.
The name he's trolling with is p.u.ss.y a.hn.ie .

Please kindly note that..I m a hard working young lady happily married and also a mother doing my little legitimate businesses and by God's grace it's flourishing and I don't beg for alms online as the little God has blessed me with I m contented with it and happily growing my businesses and helping eople in my own little ways.

I do not know the person I mentioned to you,I Ave never met him(I don't even planned to)and has no affiliate with him in anyway.

Thanks!
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by ahnie: 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2022
Hello Mr seun osewa.
Good afternoon,pls it has bn drawn to my noticed about a particular monicker begging for alms here using my monicker which contravene rule 2 of the rules on nairaland.

The monicker is p.u.ss.y- ah.nie please for the integrity and interest of nairaland as a community please do something about it by banning the monicker.

I have bn a member of nairaland going to 8 yes if not above.hes using the monicker to beg for alms making people to believe it's me.

I m a married young lady who goes about her businesses which my diary can attest to.

Please kindly ban the monicker,you may as well go thru the post of the monicker.
To see for yourselves.

Thanks !
Cc:Lalasticlala
Oam4j
Dominique
Mynd44
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Stargurl20(f): 1:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
Darlingme:
This is exactly what most of you said, but in reality, it's not true. When she ask you for money for everything in the home, the same you go about complaining.
She has no fianancial source of income, but because she's naive, humble and you foresee submission ability in her, you married her.
When marital responsibilities set in, you begin to desire a helper, a supporter. You begin to long for a wife, who will buy Maggie, pepper, pay children school fees, subscribe electricity, buy gas, make nice meal without bothering you. Why? Don't you consider all that before you marry her?
Men need fianancially equipped woman to survive. She must be earning something.
Truth is, that gender is confused and do not know what they want
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Stargurl20(f): 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2022
Working and having a source of income as a woman is like protection. A man may ask you not to work or pursue your dreams, but deep down, he wants a determined and hardworking woman.

As for me, I'm gonna respect, give you love, treat like a king, but.... I'm not gonna succumb to being idle. I'm not even wired that way. Even if you're richer than Dangote, I must work!
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by dododawa1: 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
Man don't need woman money,just take of yourself and man add little to it.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by James289(f): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2022
The hard truth, I know people will insult you but It’s time we face the reality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Father And Daughter Cry Together At Her Wedding (Photos) / Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again / St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.