Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady (26190 Views)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pierocash:
yes ofcourse

So a man does not raise children? I am a bit confused now
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Pierocash(m): 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
Techsupport:

So a man does not raise children? I am a bit confused now
that is the duty of a woman bro. A man can only provide the resources ,add one or two pieces of advise as occasion demands. But generally,and naturally,that is the job of a mother

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pierocash:
that is the duty of a woman bro. A man can only provide the resources ,add one or two pieces of advise as occasion demands. But generally,and naturally,that is the job of a mother

Ok. I had no idea that is how it is done.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by cococandy(f): 1:21am On Mar 30, 2022
shocked

Techsupport:

Because our society produces weak men, men who cannot stand up to adversity, cowards who hide under " God will fight my battles" instead of standing up and dealing with a situation. These men want their ego massaged at every minute, they want the little they bring to the table to be enough with praise and worship following them for doing something as mundane as paying for their kids' fees.
These men want to be the ones who save the damsel but the damsel has to be super poor and helpless so that their little contributions will look like a lot. They will never go for a working lady or a richer lady because they cannot phantom the idea of bettering themselves to match the woman's output.
these are the same ones clamoring for virgins and submissive women. these men have no stroke game. they want who they will wow with their 2 minutes action and when the person wants more, she is no longer submissive.

But the reality is this, that naive, virgin girl will open her eyes one day and see the BS in front of her as it is, and when that happens the weak man will end up beating her because that is his last line of dominance.

Ladies, beware of weak men, those that crave so much worship and adoration, that is their inadequacy and insecurity showing. Most of them come as "Brother Church member" those ones are the absolute worst of them.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 30, 2022
I thank almighty God that every day on this Forum, we keep seeing (Real) Women who live (Real) lives come online once in a blue moon to complain that they cannot do this little thing men do or bring to the table because they never bargained for that nor agreed to this with their husband.

You know what? No woman actually ever agrees to do it, but we keep seeing women come online every day saying "little thing they bring".

I stress myself less with what women say online in groups. Absolutely false narrative.

post=111472731:

Because our society produces weak men, men who cannot stand up to adversity, cowards who hide under " God will fight my battles" instead of standing up and dealing with a situation. These men want their ego massaged at every minute, they want the little they bring to the table to be enough with praise and worship following them for doing something as mundane as paying for their kids' fees.
These men want to be the ones who save the damsel but the damsel has to be super poor and helpless so that their little contributions will look like a lot. They will never go for a working lady or a richer lady because they cannot phantom the idea of bettering themselves to match the woman's output.
these are the same ones clamoring for virgins and submissive women. these men have no stroke game. they want who they will wow with their 2 minutes action and when the person wants more, she is no longer submissive.

But the reality is this, that naive, virgin girl will open her eyes one day and see the BS in front of her as it is, and when that happens the weak man will end up beating her because that is his last line of dominance.

Ladies, beware of weak men, those that crave so much worship and adoration, that is their inadequacy and insecurity showing. Most of them come as "Brother Church member" those ones are the absolute worst of them.

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Lordhades21(m): 7:25am On Mar 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Good you don't want to marry such a woman but the Nigerian society however extols men who marry such women so if you must have an issue with anyone for allowing this culture, direct your attack and venom at society, not the women. undecided
Try dey read to understand, show me one attack on women in my post. I just said what I like. What society thinks doesn't concern me, I know what I want.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Ogunleye40(m): 7:31am On Mar 30, 2022
2023 ELECTION:i hope we dont even need a president for now.we should change from democrazy system of government to monarchial system where we will have the power to address our kings and one they messed up we know how to deal with the as a matter of fact democrazy did not favour us in anyway. We should forget about voting let return power to the monarch please can we join hand and chase away these wicked people? In other to secure the future of our unborn child.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by descarado: 7:56am On Mar 30, 2022
abobote:
In our culture it is not in a place of woman to provide for the family, but if there's a source of income that will not alter the family equation, it should be an added advantage.
Most ladies with source of income, don't understand the place of a woman in a home, they claim equal right, and want you to share domestic work with them, since they are contributing financially.
My wife doesn't have any source of income, and I'm okay with it
She is keeping the house clean, do the cooking, wake up early, get the kids ready and take them to school
Which culture, if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by descarado: 8:01am On Mar 30, 2022
IAMBlesssed:

Oga there are many good hardworking ladies out there but stereotype/ generalization won't allow men approach them.. How people believe a financial stable woman must have bad character amaze me..
Cos men hate when a lady is above them in a well known patriarchal society like ours.

Hence the stereotype

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by IAMBlesssed(f): 8:47am On Mar 30, 2022
Half truth..So the women that are not making money are the only well behaved and submissive ones? Lol.. You ain't seen anything yet..Read up people's stories on family section then you will understand..Bad character is about personality in both gender.. Being wealthy doesn't make people bad.
There are many disrespectful and proud poor ladies as well..

My point, being rich and financially independent should be encouraged amongst women to help eradicate poverty in the country, secondly it's never the reason why people are badly behaved..Get yourself a good hardworking rich lady and watch your life blossom..

SKhanmi:
We're not in a woke society. Like one poster said, In Nigeria/africa marriage is all about control. I fully agree except with the way she potrayed it. Few women can handle power/wealth without misbehaving, look around you or towards the western hemisphere.

A man has to have a modicum of control over his affairs, mind you I'm referring to control=firm hand & not the typical outright master/slave relationship. Everyone recognizes that subconsciously, even the so called women who are loudly against it. Listen to a woman's words at your own peril. Men lead, women follow. We're not equals, the Ukraine situation just exposed that woke ism shit! Hypocrites!

Most Nigerian men do not hate working class women, what they don't want is someone with a lot of ego which is quite common among these kind of ladies. When a typical woman makes more money she feels she doesn't need a man, women like this like to upset the cart with needless drama or power tussles.
Marriage is not a competition, women like that should grow balls & remain single, adopt children or look abroad for emasculated men that would allow such nonsense. It's not by force to get married. The nunnery is always open. Most men don't need their women's money either but there are certain conditions the man should be able to count on you to serve as a backup temporarily but we all know how 90% of such cases end. What's the use of marrying such a woman then if everything is one way? Getting a baby mama is better then.

So men go after the unemployed humble type but the only mistake they make is not setting up those women to work under them in their business/work remotely from home to improve her capability to support the home, a woman can't have two masters & still function effectively at home, yes you heard it right. Ever noticed why most women respect their pastors/bosses more than their husbands? There are natural reasons for all these.

Make sure the business is in your name/you own it to avoid the kind of tales we read of foolish ignorant men in the Romance section. If you're lucky to have one of the well brought up & evolved women who don't see men as competition or a tool to be used & discarded, she can have her own businesses & your full support.

One man I know sells gadgets, His wife works there with him, he can travel/look after his other businesses in peace, nor would she give him Yeye excuses when they get home.

So it's up to both genders to know what they want & follow it but unfortunately most folks live on auto mode, na anywhere belle face is their life rule, no definite plans, nothing.

If you want a traditional man, prepare to be a fully submissive traditional wife.

You want a partner? Make sure you're one also in all ramifications.

Want a man to lord it over, find a gigolo or something, many guys are up for that.

Most women prefer the first option but would typically try to have their cake & eat it at the same time. Want to be taken care of as queens without rendering any serious responsibilities/services like a Chihuahua.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by IAMBlesssed(f): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2022
Brian47:
Most men don't care about a lady's finance or job. They just want to marry a yes woman. But thank God men are waking up now.
When a lady is working a lot and making money, men tends to see it as a masculine trait, because they believe that they supposed to be the one working and the provider.
So that's where the problem is.

Very true.. Most times, the yes is just for a start ooo..once she enters the marriage, she would change from docile to tiger..

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Goldentulip2: 10:10am On Mar 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Here... meet TI1919, another man in Nigeria, who says a woman that has no source of income..
Smh that’s his business. E no concern me
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Darlingme(f): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2022
toprealman:

Your story is all over the place. Are you taking about domestic violence or marital financial pressure or matters of the heart or what exactly?
You can build a logical progression and make that piece more interesting. You started well beside but your emotion took over after the first few lines
I'm sorry o, I'm not too good in writing. I only express my feelings exactly the way it is.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by TI1919(m): 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
Goldentulip2:

Smh that’s his business. E no concern me
You are very stupid and senseless
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by TI1919(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
lordally:

So men who worked hard to have their own business or learn a skill and established themselves have two heads abi Why can't a woman do same for her own self?? Why must dey wait for a man to set a business up for her?

You are so stupid and senseless
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by introvertednerd: 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
My father is a conservative man. He believed that his wife should not work, her duty was the house. Cook, clean, take of the children. He never allowed my mom to have a job or start a business of her because of his insecurities. The old man believed that he could take care of everyone till he died.

Now, he's facing financial crisis, things are not going smoothly like before. He can't pay school fees. He doesn't say it but we know he wished my mom had a stable source of income. At least she would take half of the responsibilities.

I know multiple families that this things have happened to. Where the man wants to be the bread winner of the family.

It's important for a woman to be financially stable or have a good source of income, especially in marriage o.

All the men saying they don't need their women to work or wants housewives, in the long run it's going to choke you o

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Acidosis(m): 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
folake4u:
I nor fit marry if I nor get my OWN MONEY oh.

Me wey like enjoyment, cruise, food and soft life. kiss

Your husband's money is your money.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Gloriagee(f): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
U want buy bag , u go start taking permission. Maybe, in my next life...not this time around. cool

folake4u:
I nor fit marry if I nor get my OWN MONEY oh.

Me wey like enjoyment, cruise, food and soft life. kiss

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by folake4u(f): 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
Acidosis:

I see what you're doing. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by folake4u(f): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
Gloriagee:
U want buy bag , u go start taking permission. Maybe, in my next life...not this time around. cool

Lmao, not in this life or the next to come sef. I nor fit try am, Sis. grin
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Mariangeles(f): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
Acidosis:

True. cheesy

Men make money, then find the right woman (for them) to spend it with.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Mariangeles(f): 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
abobote:
In our culture it is not in a place of woman to provide for the family, but if there's a source of income that will not alter the family equation, it should be an added advantage.
Most ladies with source of income, don't understand the place of a woman in a home, they claim equal right, and want you to share domestic work with them, since they are contributing financially.
My wife doesn't have any source of income, and I'm okay with it
She is keeping the house clean, do the cooking, wake up early, get the kids ready and take them to school

Ask her if she’s truly okay and happy with that arrangement.
Does she feel fulfilled?

I think from time to time, couples should endeavor to ask each other are you happy?
It is important.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by ImaIma1(f): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tickles001:

This is not true. It only happens when she's taking your money and sending it to family and friends like they usually do. Every man wants to provide for a woman. I haven't seen a man living within his means with his wife making such complaints about wife not bringing money.

No. If a man complain about such responsibilities, then he didn't prepare or living larger than his growth permits.
I have been paying all those bills you listed (except the children cost) and I've not died. So I think I can cope without wife's money, if I keep things within my financial capacity. In marriage, upkeep money is usually set aside and handed to the wife so she doesn't always have to ask or inform the husband for little expenses.

Only men who are not capable make such consideration, and it never works. What capable men consider is their own capacity and preparedness.

Wrong again. In practice. A woman's money is exclusively her money, and never in direct service to the husband.

See. It's not like men don't like when a woman has money to spend, but it comes with a cost that makes the union more like a punishment to the man.

We want a girl that will grow in our sight. Take her when she's young and happy. Then find something she can do and fix her there. Not necessarily for money but to keep her active like everyone else. She could still help if she wants to.

Are you married? Or this is just based on theory and hypothesis?

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Gloriagee(f): 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
kiss. To avoid all manner of see finish

folake4u:

Lmao, not in this life or the next to come sef. I nor fit try am, Sis. grin
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by folake4u(f): 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2022
Gloriagee:
kiss. To avoid all manner of see finish

Yes oh. I fit deck person teeth sef. grin lipsrsealed
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Gloriagee(f): 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
grin

folake4u:

Yes oh. I fit deck person teeth sef. grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Acidosis(m): 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
folake4u:

I see what you're doing. cheesy

cheesy It's the truth o
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Acidosis(m): 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
Mariangeles:

True. cheesy

Men make money, then find the right woman (for them) to spend it with.

cheesy

That's the reality my dear

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Tickles001(m): 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
ImaIma1:

Are you married? Or this is just based on theory and hypothesis?

I'm not married, but I'm family friends with a few married people (men and women). What I tell you is not theory. It's insider information based on observations.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by ImaIma1(f): 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tickles001:

I'm not married, but I'm family friends with a few married people (men and women). What I tell you is not theory. It's insider information based on observations.

It's not enough to be close to married people. Are you in their private moments? Are you in their bedrooms? You only go by what you are told/what they want you to know.

When you are married, you will be able to contribute with facts. Any man who wants to be the only one to provide financially just wants to control his woman.

God forbid that you leave this world with her to take care of the children, you will be leaving a "useless" woman that will be running from pillar to post to provide for the kids.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Tickles001(m): 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
ImaIma1:

It's not enough to be close to married people. Are you in their private moments? Are you in their bedrooms? You only go by what you are told/what they want you to know.

I didn't say friend, but family friend. That would tell you I'm not just close, but a member. I like getting very involved in my friends lives some times.

ImaIma1:
When you are married, you will be able to contribute with facts. Any man who wants to be the only one to provide financially just wants to control his woman.

You don't necessarily need to become something before you can understand that thing to a satisfactory level. A great number of single person understand marriage more than the married ones sef.
Understand this. Men don't want to be the only provider, but they got no choice. It's either he gets a woman he won't enjoy living with hoping on the little money she's got that she never actually gives, or a young naturally clean happy girl that he will enjoy staying with and later fix her up with something.

How many financially capable modest (not the I have changed type) young girls do you see around you. Not much.

Now, you mentioned control. Why would you want someone you can't control to become part of you. It's a man that absorbs a woman, and at that a little control is needed. Except you're talking about some other kind of control.

ImaIma1:
God forbid that you leave this world with her to take care of the children, you will ne leaving a "useless" woman that will be running from pillar to post to provide for the kids.

I won't live beyond my means, and won't raise an isolated family. If I die, they'll be much (people and resource) for her to fall back on. And I remember saying I'd fix her up with something within few years of marriage.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by ImaIma1(f): 10:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tickles001:

I didn't say friend, but family friend. That would tell you I'm not just close, but a member. I like getting very involved in my friends lives some times.

You don't necessarily need to become something before you can understand that thing to a satisfactory level. A great number of single person understand marriage more than the married ones sef.
Understand this. Men don't want to be the only provider, but they got no choice. It's either he gets a woman he won't enjoy living with hoping on the little money she's got that she never actually gives, or a young naturally clean happy girl that he will enjoy staying with and later fix her up with something.

How many financially capable modest (not the I have changed type) young girls do you see around you. Not much.

Now, you mentioned control. Why would you want someone you can't control to become part of you. It's a man that absorbs a woman, and at that a little control is needed. Except you're talking about some other kind of control.

I won't live beyond my means, and won't raise an isolated family. If I die, they'll be much (people and resource) for her to fall back on. And I remember saying I'd fix her up with something within few years of marriage.

You are only talking about an ideal situation where you have enough money for her to fall back on. For how long?

I know someone, an inlaw, whose husband forbade her from working. When he died, it wasn't easy. Now her kids are grown, she has to completely depend on them. No single dime of her own. She keeps complaining about her husband holding her back.

You said you don't necessarily need to become something....i beg to defer. You can't know exactly what marriage is except you are in it. It's easy to judge from outside and give the best advice from outside till you get married. Single people understand marriage more until they get married.

Even if you like to get involved in their lives, do they allow you into every part of their lives? You can't follow them around. Be in their fights, intimate moments, etc. Or can you?

I studied my sister and husband's marriage and was very close to them. It still wasn't the same as being in my own marriage.

When I say you should wait till you get married, it is not that I am trying to insult you. But you can't be a single person and give an informed opinion no matter how close to you are to married family members. It's simple wisdom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Avoid Winners Chapel And Oyedepo / Its Children's Day: Upload A Pix Of Your Kid/siblings And Send Them A Shout Out / PHOTO: Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.