Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,053 members, 7,828,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady (26178 Views)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Legendoo: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
Check your pocket before you decide on a one/ two income, traditional/modern type family.

Na the economy cos all this kasala, otherwise statistically it's better for men to carry the financial load, while women carry the chore family duties.

None of it is bad, though the modern type family seem to be plagued by divorce.

Left to me if I have the funds my wife no go work. If I don't, then she must work. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pierocash:
it may serve so depending on the status of the groom. But that isn't my assertion here.

My brief is about marriage and age. Marriage was ordained by God that people who have come of age should marry,but a woman not having a tangible source of income shouldn't be a disqualifying factor for her to get into marriage if the husband to be is ready to bride her like that.

For me, I can marry any woman whether jobless or employed,that isn't my area of consideration.

My area of interest is her moral behaviours ,and well cultured and respectful, that's all.

Even education isn't part of my criteria

How long have you been married?

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Kaffykay: 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
In the world we live in right now, women tend to attend to the financial issues of the home,it is at a woman best to be financially upright before heading into that marriage..... so as to avoid story that touch.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by kmaster007: 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
Oyo
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Pierocash(m): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
Techsupport:

How long have you been married?
I am a father of 10 yrs but not married
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pierocash:
I am a father of 10 yrs but not married

Ok. Congrats though. Does your kid live with you or the mum?
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Pierocash(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
Techsupport:

Ok. Congrats though. Does your kid live with you or the mum?
the mum.and that is making me spend double
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Funflipper: 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
Darlingme:
Based on my own opinion, a young lady who has no job, skills that is fetching her money should NOT go into marriage with any man.
The general idea you read online about independent / career young ladies been arrogant, ''can't get married'', ''men detest them'', bla bla bla are all lies in reality. So long as you have good character and well behaved, men will be running after you to be your husband even if you are as rich as Dangote. (Who no like better thing?)
The young lady I met in the hospital yesterday, beaten up by her husband, truamatized and at the point of death, got me really mad and I feel like using a microphone to ask this question.
I pray she survive it.

My question is this?

Why do women goes into marriage without having any source of income on their own? Why?
And why do men prefer marrying young and fianancially helpless women, (village girls) then accuse her of not contributing fianancially, especially when fianancial obligations beomes too heavy in the marriage? Why?
What is your opinion on this?

Lol, even aliens from deep space know naija women have a natural source of income in between their legs.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2022
That's why Blow-Job is always available.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by geelite(m): 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
God forbid jobless women...… I remembered when I was dating a student at uniport. she nearly killed me. though i really love her in the first place but, later, the love depreciated coz she is a student and she doesn't know the value of money. when your girl is not working, she can never know the value of money and they are the ones that cheat the most. If she ask for ten helps and you were able to do nine out of the ten, she must go outside and sleep with another man just to get the last one. jobless girls are not contented. meanwhile as a man, you can never solve all the problems of your jobless woman . undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by AutoChick4U(f): 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
Darlingme:
Based on my own opinion, a young lady who has no job, skills that is fetching her money should NOT go into marriage with any man.
The general idea you read online about independent / career young ladies been arrogant, ''can't get married'', ''men detest them'', bla bla bla are all lies in reality. So long as you have good character and well behaved, men will be running after you to be your husband even if you are as rich as Dangote. (Who no like better thing?)
The young lady I met in the hospital yesterday, beaten up by her husband, truamatized and at the point of death, got me really mad and I feel like using a microphone to ask this question.
I pray she survive it.

My question is this?

Why do women goes into marriage without having any source of income on their own? Why?
And why do men prefer marrying young and fianancially helpless women, (village girls) then accuse her of not contributing fianancially, especially when fianancial obligations beomes too heavy in the marriage? Why?

Baba better shift. that she has no job on her wedding day does not mean she'll continue to be unemployed. Una no dey get sense

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Corea4king(m): 4:57pm On Mar 29, 2022
If during Jonathan regime, there is no need of that,but in this buhari regime,is very very important to avoid reign of insult

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Oyiboman69: 4:57pm On Mar 29, 2022
Darlingme:
This is exactly what most of you said, but in reality, it's not true. When she ask you for money for everything in the home, the same you go about complaining.
She has no fianancial source of income, but because she's naive, humble and you foresee submission ability in her, you married her.
When marital responsibilities set in, you begin to desire a helper, a supporter. You begin to long for a wife, who will buy Maggie, pepper, pay children school fees, subscribe electricity, buy gas, make nice meal without bothering you. Why? Don't you consider all that before you marry her?
Men need fianancially equipped woman to survive. She must be earning something.
I don't know if you're a married man...there are higher percentage of women who earn money but still collects every dime they spent in the marriage, you can see that earning money before marriage for women is not the overall issue but submission to the man
.m

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by franchasng: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2022
Darlingme:
This is exactly what most of you said, but in reality, it's not true. When she ask you for money for everything in the home, the same you go about complaining.
She has no fianancial source of income, but because she's naive, humble and you foresee submission ability in her, you married her.
When marital responsibilities set in, you begin to desire a helper, a supporter. You begin to long for a wife, who will buy Maggie, pepper, pay children school fees, subscribe electricity, buy gas, make nice meal without bothering you. Why? Don't you consider all that before you marry her?
Men need fianancially equipped woman to survive. She must be earning something.
What of those that their wives are working and even earning very well yet they dont ask their wife to contribute for family upkeep?

This thing is all about who you got married to

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by tollyboy5(m): 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2022
Tickles001:
Men don't want money from women. What we want is chastity, clean heart and submission. The three is mostly never found in older women that have achieved something.

If not for the woke culture. It's never in the place of a woman to bring money to support the family.
That's why most men go for the chastity first because she could stay in his house and start business.
Just 29 likes. Oga speak for your self. I want money from my spouse

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by tollyboy5(m): 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
Darlingme:
@pierocash, in my own opinion, age shouldn't be the requirement at all. There are certain things that must be put in place first before marriage and failure to do that always turns bad in the marriage
Whether she's 35 or 40yrs in a marriage she can not add little support, there's a tendency of running her mouth when the man can not provide, not considering the pressure on the man.
To be on a safe side, women should be encouraged to define a source of income as well.

Don't mind that guy.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Tickles001(m): 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2022
NoToPile:

Modern day men do want money from women and some even milk the woman too, lots of faworaja boys looking for ladies to milk and suck dry. Besides a sizeable no of men can even fully provide so yes they need the woman's money to support the home.

Also Chasitity clean heart and su mission can be found in well accomplished women.

2nd bolded you are right, it's the economy that is the main culprit

Let's be realistic. You know the bolded is false. You can't find that in 98% of financially accomplished woman, the 2% I left out is probably those stumbled on luck (maybe crypto) that made them overnight millionaires. But let's not debate that.

I know it's a plus for a wife to be capable of pulling some financial weight. But by the time she gets to that level her femininity has been greatly eroded.
Then you marry her because she has money that she won't even bring when you need it undecided
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Tickles001(m): 5:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
Darlingme:
@Tickles001, I'm not disputing your point of view, but the only thing I'm saying here is, women needs to be fianancially rooted in marriage as well. Not to drag power with her man, but for her own personal comfortability.

I wish that is obtainable. It would have been a bliss if this generation is blessed with a lot of young, financially capable women with a little "fear of God". grin
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Tickles001(m): 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
mayo47:
Speak for yourself from your perspective of life. Instead of using the word Men same applies to those that generalise with word women too

Okay. Let me give a realistic instance. Assuming you live in Ogun state, earning like 750k a month with a lot of investments that bring more money and some millions in the bank for cushioning.
Then it's time to get married. Would you rather go for a woman that can give you money out of the box, or get a girl who is still young and very feminine that you can still start business for afterwards?
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Mkayfrenzy(m): 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
This is the main reason my mum is partially suffering. I just pray God provides a good job for me soon so I can take care of her. I'm so sad rn.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Wuminity(f): 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
Marrying without any source of income as a lady, is a suicide mission. shocked

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2022
I can marry without a source of income, what if I marry and the man becomes a blessing to me and get me a job or starts a business for me? you dunno this Nigeria is hard enough.

Though I have always been an advocate of having a source of income before marriage cause I hate insult and recieving money constantly from a man can lead to such. I love my self esteem and respect.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
Nuttella:
I can marry without a source of income, what if I marry and the man becomes a blessing to me and get me a job or starts a business for me? you dunno this Nigeria is hard enough.

Though I have always been an advocate of having a source of income before marriage cause I hate insult and recieving money constantly from a man can lead to such. I love my self esteem and respect.
since we are playing, "what ifs", What if you instead end up like the women described in the OP's post? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
since we are playing, "what ifs", What if you instead end up instead like the women described in the OP's post? undecided
I don't think her husband battered her cause she is jobless, some men are just cruel, prone to domestic violence and would batter any woman, whether she's working or not.

Don't get me wrong, I am working and earning side income too. So I will be bringing something to the table cool

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
Nuttella:
I don't think her husband battered her cause she is jobless, some men are just cruel, prone to domestic violence and would batter any woman, whether working or not.
The point the man was instead making when pointing out that she was jobless was that she had nowhere else to go and no way of supporting herself - and so would likely end up going back to kneel and beg her abuser to take her back. undecided

If she had her own source of income, she would have probably made decisions of her own, like move out as soon as she noticed she was married to an abuser. But because she had nothing, she basically sat in and accepted the abuse for that main reason. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The point the man was instead making when pointing out that she was jobless was that she had nowhere else to go and no way of supporting herself - and so would likely end up going back to kneel and beg her abuser to take her back. undecided

If she had her own source of income, she would have probably made decisions of her own, like move out as soon as she noticed she was married to an abuser. But because she had nothing, she basically sat in and accepted the abuse for that main reason. undecided
Eyya, I can't relate.
Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by koyyess: 6:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
Please have something doing as a female o.

Even though you did not have a job before you got married, find something doing o.

Leave all these inventless bab00ns that are shaking their finger b@3 d1cks on this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by koyyess: 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pierocash:
[s]If she gets to 35 and has no tangible means of income,she shouldn't marry when she sees a man ready to marry her abi?

The beating of that woman to a pulp by her husband is not because she is jobless,even gainfully employed ones dey collect better beating if she runs her mouth afoul towards a man that has beating talent

A woman that is jobless and has bad character ,and ingrate will for sure endure hardship in that marriage ,not because she is jobless ,but because she has no sense ..
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Mavinsoladele(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2022
Mercychen:
Look, let me not lie. I used to have that mentality of " only a man should work and cater for the family" because that was the kind of condition I was brought up. Where my dad didn't allow my Mom to work or do anything for years until our last born started school.

My dad was the only one shouldering all the financial responsibilities but My Mom on the other hand was always fighting to also get something doing but my dad would have none of it. Not until, we were all grown.

Now, growing up in that kinda setting conditioned my mind badly and I never saw the need for a woman to be financially independent. So I was always seeing Marriage as an escape from financial insecurities. Though one good thing my dad did to brake that jinx was, he made sure we worked after schooling. Like he'll practically take you to his friends ( he was highly connected) companies and tell the to fix you up with a job but within me, I'll be like if I marry all these nonsense will stop lol..grin. Little did I know he was doing me a great deal of good.

Years down the line, after he retired and I was out of the house, staying on my own, i quarreled with my ex over money for Xmas hair because I was out of job then. So, later he came and we made up again. That night he said something very profound that changed my mentality for good.

He said, see, "J gurl" I want a working class woman. Immediately I got the message and we t job hunting.

Now, I didn't go job hunting to please him but because I knew at that instant that I was on my own! So I get to take full responsibility of myself.
His joy when I told him I had gotten a job. He surprised me in school that day.
The security man told me someone was at the gate to see me but I couldn't go and meet him. So he dropped a gift for me. I checked and it was a designer perf I had been dying to have for long. I just shook my head. Mehn.. so from then, I concluded all men are the same. Some may not voice out but.. they all wish their women are financially independent.

I now have this belief that, even if you're not going to support the man with it, at least you should be able to use it to take care of your personal needs and ease your own burden off him.

I'm glad my dad lead me in the way of financial freedom and my ex emphasized on it. And finally how God breath on it and took me to where I am today.

How can I like your comment a thousand times? grin grin

Kudos to your dad 'cos I love working class, independent women. I hate people with entitlement mentality, most especially ladies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by 1kinggy(m): 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
My own is simple, every able bodied adult- male, female or "I don't want to disclose"- should have a tangible source of income.

If you agree to start a family, be ready to bear it's attendant responsibilities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by toprealman: 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2022
Darlingme:
I pray she survive it.

My question is this?

Your story is all over the place. Are you taking about domestic violence or marital financial pressure or matters of the heart or what exactly?
You can build a logical progression and make that piece more interesting. You started well beside but your emotion took over after the first few lines

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
1kinggy:
My own is simple, every able bodied adult- male, female or "I don't want to disclose"- should have a tangible source of income.

If you agree to start a family, be ready to bear it's attendant responsibilities.
That ought to be made Law. undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Gets A Car As Gift From Husband On Her Birthday (Photos) / Is Cheating Normal For Men? / Please Avoid Winners Chapel And Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.