Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 (82013 Views)

Ajimobi Declares Assets / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
Jarus:

When people have lost it, they resort to insult. But it’s OK.

FYI, you dont detest corruption or hate these politicians more than some of us. But some of us only chose to criticize objectively, based on facts.

I have never said Ajimobi did not steal as governor. I only said it is possible to have these assets as at 2011 when he declared them. Simply based on information, facts and logic.
Only when you leave Nigeria, see how you have been rapped would you be objective. Former prime of UK called Nigerians what again? Go tell him to be objective.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Jarus(m): 11:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
listowell:

Only when you leave Nigeria, see how you have been rapped would you be objective. Former prime of UK called Nigerians what again? Go tell him to be objective.

Leave Nigeria? grin

This one assumes everybody here lives in the village.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 02, 2020
Jarus:

Leave Nigeria? grin

This one assumes everybody here lives in the village.
Ok.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by djon78(m): 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
justified007:

Must he make money from his salary alone ? Can't he have other investments?

She is right
That Nigeria is this way is terribly underdeveloped is exactly because of so many shady things being done in the private and public sector.

In the US, UK, Canada, Australia and many western nations. There economy is excellently structured.
If you are a millionaire or billionaire.
That's truly what you are.
But in Nigeria it's way different.

The economy is in shambles

What's our annual budget, not even up to $30 billion.
What about infrastructures?
Absolutely dilapidated
Ordinary steady electricity we don't have

But few men cornered the little the country is getting amongst themselves.

Presently population is exploding
Over 200milliion people

Even presently the country is so beyond the capacity to handle
The elites should continue

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by beejay85: 11:11pm On Jul 02, 2020
Dotman01:
. . .26 yrs of service in oil sector no be small thing o!
No mind them.....years as executive in d oil industry aint no 200k a month job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by eltata(m): 12:36am On Jul 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Do you really believe that nonsense? Seriously, why in the world are you being PARTIAL for pete's sake! There are people who have worked in high office in Shell and so many other Foreign companies in Nigeria who do not claim even 1/4th of the amount Ajimobi claim's as his worth. These are people who are not even in politics and have not had to spend millions on campaigns. Since when did you become his personal secretary ? By your logic, are we to also believe that Jonathan Goodluck made almost 200 million naira working as a college professor, and then a deputy governor for almost 8 years? COME ON!!
Be there and thinking like a poor man, you think salary alone can make someone wealthy without investments. There are lots of workers that earn #500k a month but they are swimming in millions from side businesses and hustle.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by eltata(m): 12:53am On Jul 03, 2020

Ehen, I knew someone would sooner or later be accused of having a personal agenda. No such thing, I'm only being thorough.

I thought I broke down the LEGAL earnings of a Nigerian senator in a previous post? He couldn't have earned more than $4.8m LEGALLY during his 4 years in the senate. And like I asked earlier: didn't he have to spend any of that money on his political supporters and constituency? ? ? ? Didn't he have to maintain his political structures and settle all sorts of facilitators, assistants and sundry politics-related expenses? Come on.

You and I know that there is great money to be made in the senate. But its not even about the so-called jumbo pay they earn officially (the approximately $1.2m/annum). It's really about the bribes, kick-backs, 'gratifications' and commissions they ILLEGALLY earn from all the oversight functions (ministries and government agencies and departments bribe them with hundreds of millions to approve their padded budgets), misappropriation of committee running budgets and all that; in other words: corruption is the only reason why being a senator can make you a billionaire. Having established that, and by your own insistence that Ajimobi's wealth can be explained by his being a senator for 4 years, it is clear that he definitely engaged in these corrupt practices as a senator. Therefore his wealth is NOT a consequence of his oil industry legit work, neither is it a consequence of his legal earnings as a senator. Therefore, his wealth is by and large traceable to corrupt practices - anyhow you look at it. He didn't become wealthy by "hard work"; he became wealthy through corruption - just like most of his kind. That is my argument.
Go and make your money and stop breaking down someone's money. By the way, those assets are way below what some business people have you n Nigeria.
You think successful people live by salaries , he was a business man .

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by hajimutex1: 5:39am On Jul 03, 2020
Hum mm, to the best knowledge of mine this report was totally not accurate ajimobi net worth more than this both cash in bank and all his property home and abroad ajimobi worth 300 billion naira. That is why it not small things to be a governor
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by bastos600: 6:08am On Jul 03, 2020
Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world if you do so you are insulting yourself; Abraham Lincoln once wrote to the teacher of his child to make a request it was a simple one teaching that nobody in the world is bigger than him and he’s bigger than no one. unfortunately, most young people in our world today, live their lives comparing themselves to every other person and end up trying to be everyone that’s the part to unhappiness and failure in life.

Listen you are a unique being who is not designed to be good in everything but in something unique. Your Life’s mission isn’t to beat all the people in the game, your Life’s mission is to know your own game. Be yourself, know that nobody is better than you and you are better than no one. You are simply a unique being who is capable of achieving something, no one else can achieve.

2. To win big you sometimes have to take big risk; The best time of your life to be alive is when you are young because you have nothing to lose really nothing. Don’t take life easy, don’t live like everyone, don’t just talk about your dreams, wake up and pursue it, don’t make excuses, start with whatever you have wherever you are, get out and get lost.

READ ALSO:  Turkish bee declared wanted by British Government

3. Your exposure from a young age to the realities of the world is a super big things; Most people don’t know what life really is until they are 40. Most people live with the illusion that life is all should be easy. Most people expect the government or their parents to solve their problems.

The earlier you understand the realities of life the most successful will become. What then is the reality, well the reality is that life is tough and nobody will help you to solve your problems. We are sorry your parents or government cannot help you. The earlier you take 100% responsibility of your life the more successful become.

4. You need a coach; it doesn’t matter whether you’re a basketball player or tennis player, a gymnast or a bridge player.

In life, you will become the person you admire, if you don’t have my anyone significant you will become nobody significant. You need a coach someone to inspire and challenge you, so once you believe in yourself your coach doesn’t always have to be someone you have physical access to, you can decide to read books written by people who have achieved what you want to achieve, you can follow such people online and watched inspiring videos.

Why is this important simple because, life is tough and most people around you don’t know anything about success. If your father isn’t successful, he can teach you how to be successful, if your siblings are mediocre, they can’t inspire you to be successful. That’s why you need to look outside your domain for someone who can inspire and challenge you.

5. If you show people the problems and you show people the Solutions they will be moved to act; To be successful in life you must be able to lead people and to get them motivated towards a common goal. To motivate people into actions, you have to show them what the problem is and what can be done to create a solution. As a leader don’t just give instructions, Let people know the reason why what has to be done needs to be done.

READ ALSO:  Couple arrested for attempting to smuggle £2m worth of drugs into the UK

6. Success Is a lousy teacher it can seduce you into thinking you can’t lose;

if you want to be successful for a long time you have to be humble. So many people have been successful for few minutes because they got to a point where they started thinking that they know it all. People who was successful for a long time never stop learning because they know that they can lose if they don’t keep on learning.

7. I spend a lot of time reading; even as one of the richest man in the world for over three decades Bill Gates still remains of voracious reader because he understand that life changes every day and the only way to remain relevant is to keep on learning.

In this day of social media, and interesting movies, how many young people take time to read good books anymore yet the books you read determine the future you will have just as Charlie Jones said you will be the same person in five years as you are today, except for the people you meet and the books you read.

8. We start Life with many big dreams, Things we want to accomplish, create, build and experience but if you ask any one pass the age of 40 what happened to all the dreams they had they will most likely answer life.

READ ALSO:  Trotro driver & his mate fight inside gutter over payment issue

According to a study, out of 60 people who are planning to start their own business right now, only one of them will ever start anything. Not only business people generally hate the Pains of taking action so much that even when they try to take action, the first failure or second, send them back to their comfort zone.

Most people are dreamers because dream is sweet. You can’t be healthy for long if you only eat sweet things. Dreams are sweet and everyone eats it. Action is bitter and that’s why only few people take proactive, determined and persistent actions. Be Among The Few who get up from their dreams. Get out and get crazy.

9. Our success has really been based on partnerships from the very beginning; The first Big success of Microsoft happened in the year 1980 when Bill Gates partnered with that the I.P.M. and ever since then Bill Gates has always been on the lookout to whom he can partner with, his passion for partnership was so strong that Microsoft even went to the extent of partnering with one of their biggest competitors Apple computer. What can you learn from this, two are better than one, you grow and succeed faster in life if you learn how to work with other people.

10. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning explains itself you’re unhappy clients and customers if you speak facts about what needs to be corrected in your products or services in summary if you want to be rich and successful in life don’t compare yourself with anyone I never allow your dreams to die be strong and take risk and harmful read books and learn how to work and partner with other people.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2020
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by mannyiyke: 7:26am On Jul 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:

gringrincheesygrincheesygrin
ROFLMAO
Stop....please stop it!
grincheesygrincheesygrin
Please, stop it too! I edited my comment. I meant NDDC. It was formerly OMPADEC. He must have invested before becoming a governor.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Dayoara: 7:46am On Jul 03, 2020
There is an end to everything, either we like it or not we came to this world without anything much but hope,and we shall leave without a pin. So live well,know your God, and serve...plan your eternity ..... Jesus is coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by JFT24(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:

First of all, you cannot compare the wealth of an MD of a shell subsidiary without having knowledge of the salary ( or any other remunerations) earned by this MD during the time we speak of.  What I compared, which is more than clear in the fact that I compared this to what was obtained when Jonathan declared his worth in 2007, is the action of people here - those who feel it is there place to provide justification for numbers entered into a form by a governor -- numbers that have not even been verified, according to the article.

Your assumption that an MD is automagically a millionaire of this calibre after 26 years is wrong, as I also explained that I know of other MD's who have worked longer but are not worth even 1/10th of what this man claims to be worth today.  I know of big business men, who have been in oil business since the early 80's, in Ikorodu, who struggle to boast of the millions that this man boasts of, and these are well known, and well connected business men (NOT EMPLOYEES).

You are not told of any other businesses he has or has. You are simply told here that he declared assets -- I suggest instead that rather than pretend he is JUSTIFIED in providing us these numbers, we demand clarification on where all that money comes from -- sources, legitimacy of sources etc. This is not for me, but for PROGRESS in the nation as a whole.

Oga all these your assumptions may not necessarily be true. Because people have the same job does not mean they will be financially equal. Also, you are neither the account officer nor Finance manager of these people u claimed to know. So how do you know what they are what?
I'm not saying absolving Ajimobi ooooooo, but ure being too specific on thing you probably knew mothing about.
Peace
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by tot(f): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5966264/many-patients-dying-poor-medical

Meanwhile, your govt officials get their own treatment from the best of the best, St John's Wood hospital and co. Please, carry on defending them lipsrsealed
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by seguno2: 10:35am On Jul 03, 2020
eltata:

Be there and thinking like a poor man, you think salary alone can make someone wealthy without investments. There are lots of workers that earn #500k a month but they are swimming in millions from side businesses and hustle.

Most businesses don’t allow you to do side hustles with the time that they are paying you for.
Do you understand that

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by seguno2: 10:36am On Jul 03, 2020
hajimutex1:
Hum mm, to the best knowledge of mine this report was totally not accurate ajimobi net worth more than this both cash in bank and all his property home and abroad ajimobi worth 300 billion naira. That is why it not small things to be a governor

The declaration was made before he became governor.
Read before you reply.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by seguno2: 10:39am On Jul 03, 2020
calculator123:
How Sir?

You might to read up the credit system with regards to mortgage. Mortgage doesn't come easy. You must have a high credit score. so how did he build his credit score?

Thanks for your critical reasoning.
Too many of us lack the ability to do that.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

O.K Ugba's House, Cars Burnt In Abia. IPOB/ESN Accuse Him Of Installing Cameras / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / Nnamdi Kanu Featured On Israeli National TV, Reveals What He Told FG. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.