Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? (24030 Views)

Parents Of Todddlers, How Do You Get Privacy For Intimacy / Wife With No Privacy / Teenagers Dedicate Their Newborn Son In Delta Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Mhizsleeq4eva(f): 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
I will consistently invade my kids privacy if that's what will keep them safe. Anyways my sons social media accounts are logged on my phone as well,i monitor their phone usage as i allow them access their accounts from my phone since they spoilt theirs. Call me a privacy invader or monitoring mum i don't care as long as my act will keep my boys safe. Ill do it repeatedly....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by GloriousGbola: 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
AMumAndMore:

https://amumandmore.com/monitor-teens-social-media-activities/

Society cannot and should not mould our kids. The onus rests upon us to guide them in the way to go.

Do you have any thoughts regarding this topic?

Let's hear them in the comment section.

Love, Laugh, Learn, Lead and Live Life to the Fullest.

Stay Fabulous

©️Viv

No smart phones for the kids
Locked down pc with Facebook, Instagram, Nairaland, YouTube blocked from hosts file.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Munzy14(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:
As long as you are living under my roof, no privacy. No locked doors, no passworded phones or devices. Nothing.
In a pragmatic approach, these kids will beat you to your games.

Just like this generation beat the parents to their strict restrictions.

Even Children raised with tighter measures, most times turn out to be something else when they leave your roof/presence.

Regarding this topic, it must be approached with a liberal mindset..If Not curiousity will make a mess of everything.

Modern day kids are x3 smarter.

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by blackboy(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
When e spoil or get problem sey na my head r go come on or na me go dey run about kiti kata
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by ppogba: 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
You are the one asking a question and also the one providing the answer.

Case closed.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Flore23: 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Tecno camon17pro 8gb 256gb is Available.....90k... the new one is 145k... with charger, carton, receipt...09066517593
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Ishilove: 2:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Zonefree:

Your children will bypass your rules, obviously cheesy

God always bless strict mothers with smart and creative children.
cheesy
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Legendoo: 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Isn't this obvious?

Well don't blame anyone if your boy suddenly says he thinks he's a girl with all the social media conditioning we see each day.

Any parent wey try form woke with the children will pay dearly.

Another point. Stop raising your children with dogs like oyinbo. Enough said and e get why.

You kuku no dey hear word.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by jaxxy(m): 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:
As long as you are living under my roof, no privacy. No locked doors, no passworded phones or devices. Nothing.

Thats the problem. Parents are more interested in monitoring their kids than building a solid relationship with them.

If the relationship with ur child is solid they will tell u everything and come to u 1st. That's what I believe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by SultanOfPuna: 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

Ehn, I'm the one that will input the password and give them. If they change it I must know, otherwise i seize the phone. Shikena. I did not give my parents headache so they cannot give me migraine.
Oga this WILL NOT WORK.
Every human has a right to privacy
You think seizing phone will change anything?
You are only delaying your child's rebelious tendencies.

All those girls that their father used to lock inside house. Once they enter university or boarding school they unleash their hoe tendencies.
But you see those girls their parents give freedom. They become street smart and know how to avoid useless guys.

Over protection always backfires
It worked in the early 2000's but now it dosent work at all.
Look at pastor oyakilome daughter that throw pool party in her U.K home. Bad bitches wearing bikini with guy men.
Thats why pastor children are the most spoilt minded kids. Dem Bleep pass anything

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Businext: 2:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
angry Privacy as as how? When the teenager was inside the body of the mother was that not invasion of privacy grin if you don't want to watch over your children teenagers you may mourn over them. What yeye privacy? Imagine if your teen is into drugs at the early stage where rehab can curb it and you don't find out early enough because of 'respecting' the privacy, don't you know that teenager's fate will be your fault shocked

#BeTrulyIntentional
#TimeChangesIfYouWantItTo
#OurParentsMethodsCanStillApply
#CommitYourFamilyToGod

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Hohenheim(m): 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2022
All those una back in the day style of parenting can never work, y'all better get with the times.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by TYCO77: 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
kkins25:

I no know say PUTIN dey nairaland na.. lol

There is no PUTIN here, he is only guarding and protecting his territory, if you like you can allow any and everyone invade your own territory.

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nothing like invading of privacy under my roof...my house, my turf, my rules if you not ready to follow the rules then you ready to move out or stand on ya own
Simple!!!

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
lipsrsealed
grin cool
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by 1bunne4lif(m): 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

Oga this WILL NOT WORK.
Every human has a right to privacy
You think seizing phone will change anything?
You are only delaying your child's rebelious tendencies.

All those girls that their father used to lock inside house. Once they enter university or boarding school they unleash their hoe tendencies.
But you see those girls their parents give freedom. They become street smart and know how to avoid useless guys.

Over protection always backfires
It worked in the early 2000's but now it dosent work at all.
Look at pastor oyakilome daughter that throw pool party in her U.K home. Bad bitches wearing bikini with guy men.
Thats why pastor children are the most spoilt minded kids. Dem Bleep pass anything

I dey hail o!!!!! How you take know say Na them bleep pass mbok?
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by gentleguy1975: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
FalseProphet1:
All these indomine children of nowadays.

During my days, what is privacy, my mum always had 4-5 canes ready in her rooms to panel beat us at the slightest misbehavior.

But I just feel it's all about communication, be best training a parent can give to a child is communication.

That way the child would feel very free to discuss any issue ranging from her boyfriend, to sex to drinking...etc and you as a parent can easily guide them towards the right path.

This I have seen.
your prophecy did not come to pass for the eagles Ghana match,lol
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by simplesearch: 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

You spoke well. Anyone saying you're invading the privacy of your children by checking on their phones from time to time, to prevent them from being intentionally or unintentionally bugged by all the evils on the internet is an agent of the devil.
How can I buy a phone for my child, feed her/him, house her/him, cloth her/him, pay her school fees and other fees; you'll now turn around to tell me am invading her/his privacy by trying to monitor and model her for a brighter and better future.

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by ablejesus26(m): 2:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

Ehn, I'm the one that will input the password and give them. If they change it I must know, otherwise i seize the phone. Shikena. I did not give my parents headache so they cannot give me migraine.

You are gbamsolutely correct.

Even if you are not my Child as long as you live under my roof and you are not up to 20 fogeriit nothing like privacy for you.
Bcus if you mess up na my house the gbege go still drop off.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by FalseProphet1(m): 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
gentleguy1975:
your prophecy did not come to pass for the eagles Ghana match,lol
The blood of the victims of the kaduna train blast prevented the eagles from winning.

This I have seen.
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Kennyking1234: 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
cont...
EternalBeing:
You are a Correct and wise Parent. I left my younger Sister unmonitored just because she gained Admission into Tetiary after our Dad died. Only to be called at Abuja that she left a Message on family WhatsApp that non of us should look for her again. A wicked satanic-tongue guy she met on FB brainwashed her that she shall never succeed in Life unless she
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Temi2468: 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
jimmyolasun:

And you think all those things you dey find no go dey there inside another folder under an invisible app..

Moral: relax and drink Pepsi. Child wey go spoil go spoil. Naa as you take relate with them go determine level of rottenness.

Assuming a teenager were innocently scrolling the platform now, this is what she will see here: vulgar use of words in the picture. Unfortunate. O ma ṣe o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by gentleguy1975: 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
FalseProphet1:

The blood of the victims of the kaduna train blast prevented the eagles from winning.

This I have seen.
I have to agree with you on this, imagine football fans among those that lost their loved ones going to watch the match!

1 Like

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Ishilove: 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
ablejesus26:

You are gbamsolutely correct.

Even if you are not my Child as long as you live under my roof and you are not up to 20 fogeriit nothing like privacy for you.
Bcus if you mess up na my house the gbege go still drop off.
True
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Nyanabo(m): 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
Simply put: don't let social media train your kids. A child shouldnt get first hand information about puberty if adolescence from social media.

It should be gotten from you as a parent first before anyone else. (From 10yrs is ok to start teaching them).

Likewise you also shouldn't consult social media first on how to raise respectful children. That's a big no. Social media can't teach us on how well we can raise Good, godly and respectable children.

You've failed as a parent if your child seeks advice from social media before seeking your own opinion.

You've equally failed as a parent if you let social media to the home training of your children for you.

Smack them when they are meant to be smacked, and draw them immediately (like my grandma say, when you discipline a child, always tell him why you are doing that.)

Love them unconditionally, shout at them when necessary. They are children not chinaware that can be broken. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Ishilove: 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
simplesearch:

You spoke well. Anyone saying you're invading the privacy of your children by checking on their phones from time to time, to prevent them from being intentionally or unintentionally bugged by all the evils on the internet is an agent of the devil.
How can I buy a phone for my child, feed her/him, house her/him, cloth her/him, pay her school fees and other fees; you'll now turn around to tell me am invading her/his privacy by trying to monitor and model her for a brighter and better future.
Don't mind them. We have to as wise as a serpent when handling these new age children
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by Kaxmytex(m): 3:27pm On Mar 31, 2022
simplesearch:

What am I reading?
U sound more like a person who lives with a guardian..

If u bond well with ur pikin, hin go carry hin phone come meet u and show u everything wey dey there, u no need all those reasons wey u listed above as a yardstick for u to invade his/her privacy...

All those I do this, I do that, so he/she can't tell me not to invade hin privacy, dey calm down o, e no dey end well o...

Bond well with them and pray God guide their path..
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by olisaEze(m): 3:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ishilove:

Word!!! Privacy to do what kwanu?? After eating mama thank ma, you want to turn around and form sabinus, "I sabi my rights". You will sabi yourself outside my house, biko! Children are treasures that have to be guarded jealously. Dis world don strong and Naija is smack down on its hardest point!
Re: Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? by jimmyolasun: 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
Temi2468:

Assuming a teenager were innocently scrolling the platform now, this is what she will see here: vulgar use of words in the picture. Unfortunate. O ma ṣe o.
o

She doeant need to scroll the platform. Everything amd everywhere I vulgar

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? / Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? / Lost But Found Stolen Girl In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.