Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' (35368 Views)

Danladi Umar: Abuja Mob That Attacked Me Chanted Secessionist Slogans / Buhari: Killers Screaming ‘Allahu Akbar’ Are Lying / Boko Haram Sacks Military Base In Magumeri, Borno. Shouts 'Allahu Akbar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Racoon(m): 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Driver killed, many abducted, as 300 soldiers exchanged fire with terrorists – Survivor

Malam Muhammadu, one of the survivors of Monday terror attack, has in an interview with newsmen gave account of what happened during the train attack that claimed lives and injured many.

Muhammadu said that the terrorists came with buses and evacuated a number of passengers during the Monday night train attack. 

He said in an interview monitored on radio Tuesday night, that: “I was in coach SP 17 when the train was hit and derailed. The terrorists, many of them, rushed into our coach and killed a passenger. I hid under the seat and saw them taking away many passengers.”

“An argument ensued amongst the terrorists after killing the passenger and they couldn’t pay attention to us. We were about 10 that remained in coach when they left.”

“The terrorists proceeded to the VIP coach and abducted many passengers. One of the VIP who managed to escape and returned to us, told us that they filled a vehicle with abductees. They came with Sharon vehicles, they shot some abductees in the vehicles but 9 passenger were later confirmed dead others were severely injured, they were shot in their legs.”

“We saw the train driver. He came to us and attempted to run but they shot and killed him. I saw the terrorists with my own eyes. They were chatting Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar!! Come down, come down!!”.

“I was hiding under the seat praying…it remained about two steps for the terrorists to get to me but after killing a passenger, they began to argue.”

“They abducted many passengers. Later about 300 soldiers came. The soldiers took us to a nearby hill where we sat down. They said vehicles will come to convey us to Kaduna. The soldiers also attended to those who were injured. “

“The soldiers said we should stop making noise and put out light because we could still be in danger. We were at a place after Rijana about 20 minutes ride to Rigasa Kaduna.”

“Some passengers were injured severely. Some old people had trauma, one old person had asthmatic attack, another died of heart attack. The dead bodies were left in the train. It will be difficult to convey the corpses to the hill top where we took refuge.”

“We were traumatised for about 2 hours. The soldiers exchanged fire with the terrorists. They chased them and rescued some passengers, but we were really traumatised. Almighty Allah saved us. The soldiers killed some of the terrorists. Some terrorists lost their lives,” he said

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/driver-killed-many-abducted-as-300-soldiers-exchanged-fire-with-terrorists-survivor/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Parachoko: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
300 soldiers?

The states insecurity was this terrible before Buhari became the president were in the North East.

Like play like play, under the retired General, Terrorists are not just operating in the North East alone, they also operate in the North West.

In a sane country, if Buhari fails to resign, he will be impeach.

I doubt Buhari can last long as a president in South Africa and Egpyt or even Kenya sef.

332 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Racoon(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
I repeat:
-"Bandits are just doing business,"-(El Rufai).

-"Not all bandits are criminals" - (Governor Matawalle(-Zamfara).

-"Bandits and BH are northern freedom fighters" -(Adamu Garba).

-"Bandits are not terrorists because they are not mounting flags or taking territories" - (Lai Mohammed).

-"Bandit terrorists are just common criminals" -(Femi Adeshina).

-"Bandits need to be accommodated with land gift, fetted with plenty cash & love."- (Sheikh Gumi).

"Bandits Are Into Business", IPOB Is Calling For War — APC Chief, Igbokwe Defends Government’s Clampdown On Secessionists...."

-"Maj.Gen.Muhammadu Buhari, has criticised the subsequent military offensive against the Boko Haram Islamic sect....The federal government's action was a gross injustice against the north....." (A fight against BH terrorists is a fight against the north." ) -Buhari. https://allafrica.com/stories/201306030384.html

-"Proscription of Ansaru( BH terrorists) violates the constitution.." -Lai Mohammed. Meanwhile,
"..Boko Haram Would Have Declared Islamic State in Nigeria If Not For Buhari" – Lai Mohammed

-"How buhari stopped us from fighting Boko Haram” - South African mercenaries."
https://allafrica.com/stories/201811270024.html

-"FG is setting our killers free - soldiers kick as 1,400 Boko Haram suspects are released."
https://www.thecable.ng/fg-is-setting-our-killers-free-soldiers-kick-as-1400-boko-haram-suspects-are-released
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/acn-boko-harams-ban-violates-constitution/amp/

297 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Nbotee(m): 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hmmm.. Bandits drove in Sharon buses and left without a trace? Soldiers exchanged fire with them and yet didn't give them a chase?

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Racoon(m): 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
We saw the train driver.He attempted to run but they shot and killed him. I saw the terrorists with my own eyes. They were chatting Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar!!....
Adherents of the headslammer religion @ work again. Imagine about 300 hundred soldiers yet terrorists whisked away so much people in buses without any trace? Meanwhile, where are the terrorists killed from this daring attack by the Nigerian military? RIP to the departed.

158 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by jlinkd78(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
Noted

1 Like

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nigeria is finished, jihadist are taking over this country. FG should just sell this country & give everybody his own share so that everybody can find his/her own way.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
I read this news with sadness cry cry innocent lives just wasted we seem to have lost it in this country, may God have mercy on us all sad sad sad

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by SeunNotOwner: 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
Similar to what someone told me
an aye witness

2 Likes

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Kingpin1000: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
El Rufai should be invited by DSS for questioning.
He knows all about these.
He knows the herdsmen and bandits, It is on record that they are on his payroll.

Thesame Allah that the Terrorists were praising saved you?
Am kind of confused.

147 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by MonkeyMods(m): 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
......And Tifnubu hijacked the sorry situation

Desperado of the century

47 Likes

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by godofuck231: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tinubus backup plan is already manifesting against him

15 Likes

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by AntiBeEmCe(m): 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
As soon as I saw the name, I stopped reading. Eyewitness report from a fulani person is null and void.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by ExAngel007(f): 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
sad
Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by BobbieZion(m): 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nigeria gradually becoming an Islamic State.

This is how it spread through the middle east, eastern Europe,Asia, North Africa.
And now the target is Sub-Saharan Africa.
With Nigeria as the epicenter.
It is a systematic,coordinated plan, don't be fooled.

The crusades was a response to the spread of Islam in Europe, nothing more. The same thing the Hindus did in India against Pakistan.
Islamism can only be stopped with brute Force,like how the Israelis do it..

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by OneTwoOne(m): 2:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Where is the statement also made by El Rufai that Bandits should be killed and not negotiated with?

Stop this bigotry
Racoon:
I repeat:

Conner44:
I am accusing you of being in support of whatever is happening to your people in the north because you’re seeing the truth and turning it upside down on it’s head for your own personal vendetta.

Imagine a whole governor saying that bandits are businessmen this year and then after 4 years and countless lost lives and kidnappings of his people (business according to him) he doubles back to start condemning them to death . . . Who is deceiving who?

If you are an APC card carrying member or have any affiliations with the kaduna state government or bandits may God cut your life short as those bandits did to the innocent passengers on that train.
Just as you'll die in the hands of Ipob Terrorist.

They'll roast you and feed on your flesh. Ipob miscreant

4 Likes

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hmmm

It is obvious that the bandits are an army on their own with a commander and an operational code. The endgame is what I can't say for now. I remember when BH started towards the tail end of Yar'adua tenure. It was largely dismissed as a temporary disturbance, only to assume a life of its own when a Southern President emerged to the displeasure of the north. Same BH was then used as a tool to dislodge the President, while everyone conveniently forgot the problem predated the administration.

The bandits are someone's baby. If this is still its infancy stage, I shudder what it will become when a "stranger" becomes President and the bandits begin to win the sympathy of Northern political elites especially when they lose out on the political cake in Abuja. It is obvious that just as BH had Borno and Yobe, bandits now have Kaduna and Niger, with Zamfara once in a while. I pray for these three states from 2023 upwards.

It's obvious. Bandits are someone's baby. Whose baby it is, the next government should spend little time to unravel if it does not want to carry it like an albatross for four years. It should be ruthless in dealing with the menace. Very Important!!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by tit(f): 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tinubu is right
Over 60 train passengers killed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by tungamaje: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
Odin13:
Apc is evil.

This is what Yoruba people led Nigerians into... the jihadist are here .. and they won’t stop.. how will dey?

Even if Buhari is to implement strong measures.. some of his people will react violently.. because to them is right .. jihad is welcome in Islam.

What’s the difference between this bandits and Ekpa with his ESN boys

They igbos are welcoming and entertaining them now . Soon their eyes go clear when they become emboldened with actions
Instead to encourage their governors to flush those bandits .. they’re encouraged the bandits against SOLUDO..

When e go start for igboland Na whenuna eye go clear
And igbos oppression of fellow igbos Is more brutal than ...

Soludo should be encouraged .. esn should live town and relocate to eastern Forrest and bushes .. not terrozimg igbos in town

Na so e Dey start
Please don't bring IPOB into this matter. IPOB are fighting for Igbos freedom and have no reason to kill fellow Igbos unlike bandits who have no reasons to terrorize northerners. Even eye witness accounts say they are not even northern Nigerians but foreign invaders. The DSS memo we saw yesterday has even opened people's eyes to the fact that foreign elements are behind some of those attacks in the east blamed on IPOB

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by respect80(m): 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
How tragic

2 Likes

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by VladimirPutiin(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
The survivors were all saying same thing. They are young fulani boys of 18 - 20 years. And they were all chanting Allah Akbar.

When Buhari was building a train line into Niger and Chad. What else do you expect

Being a Nigerian at this time is tough.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by IGBOSON1: 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
Racoon:
Adherents of the headslammer religion @ work again. Imagine about 300 hundred soldiers yet terrorists whisked away so much people in buses without any trace? Meanwhile, where are the terrorists killed from this daring attack by the Nigerian military? RIP to the departed.

That claim they ‘engaged the terrorists in a gun duel’ is just to save face! The soldiers, that are all so full of bravado when it comes to the south-east, were probably cowering in the ditch and bushes together with the traumatised passengers! How come no single terrorist was arrested, and how come the buses they brought to convey their captives all made a clean getaway without a trace!?

27 Likes

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by AdeniyiA(m): 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nbotee:
Hmmm.. Bandits drove in Sharon buses and left without a trace? Soldiers exchanged fire with them and yet didn't give them a chase?

Forget the statement that soldiers engaged the terrorists, where would they be found? Did you think the terrorists would wait for them to come? They won't even come at about the time of the attack, their commander could be a BH insider

12 Likes

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by IGBOSON1: 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
The survivors were all saying same thing. They are young fulani boys of 18 - 20 years. And they were all chanting Allah Akbar.

When Buhari was building a train line into Niger and Chad. What else do you expect

Being a Nigerian at this time is tough.

Considering how lax or nonexistent border checks are in the north (they don’t really recognise national boundaries up there as they all see themselves as one), it would be pure madness to construct a rail line from Nigeria to Niger!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by ThankGodFriday(m): 5:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
The terrorists were shouting ''Allahu Akbar''

21 Likes

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Conner44: 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
OneTwoOne:
Where is the statement also made by El Rufai that Bandits should be killed and not negotiated with?

Stop this bigotry

What bigotry? Someone who once said that bandits are just usual business men and do no harm today and then later changing mouth after the bandits made him withdraw his son from school so they won't kidnap him for their business too?

It's like you are a sycophant for apc and their unfortunate style of ruling Nigeria

OneTwoOne:
What sycophancy or you're letting emotions cloud your sense of judgement.

The fact that he made that statement doesn't means he didn't also condemn them to death many times..

I'm not just gullible like you and Racoon, I say things the way they are.
So don't you ever in your life accuse me of having anything to do with APC again

I am accusing you of being in support of whatever is happening to your people in the north because you’re seeing the truth and turning it upside down on it’s head for your own personal vendetta.

Imagine a whole governor saying that bandits are businessmen this year and then after 4 years and countless lost lives and kidnappings of his people (business according to him) he doubles back to start condemning them to death . . . Who is deceiving who?

If you are an APC card carrying member or have any affiliations with the kaduna state government or bandits may God cut your life short as those bandits did to the innocent passengers on that train.

28 Likes

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Considering how lax or nonexistent border checks are in the north (they don’t really recognise national boundaries up there as they all see themselves as one), it would be pure madness to construct a rail line from Nigeria to Niger!

Buhari is from Niger. His father migrated from Niger to present katsina. How we got an ethnic jingoist as President still baffles me.

25 Likes

Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Emma15678: 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
Parachoko:
300 soldiers?

The only states that insecurity was this terrible before Buhari became the president were in the North East.

Like play like play, under the retired General, Terrorists are not just operating in the North East alone, they also operate in the North West.

In a sane country, if Buhari fails to resign, he will be impeach.

I doubt Buhari can last long as a president in South Africa and Egpyt or even Kenya sef.
Wrong terrorists we're in the North West and North Central. They were bombing FCT on weekly basis.
Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Emma15678: 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
Conner44:

What bigotry? Someone who once said that bandits are just usual business men and do no harm today and then later changing mouth after the bandits made him withdraw his son from school so they won't kidnap him for their business too?

It's like you are a sycophant for apc and their unfortunate style of ruling Nigeria
Wrong, El-rufai only said that bandits are criminals and not terrorists. Because they have no political aim rather they are interested in kidnapping and armed robbery operations. That's the reason why they weren't declared terrorists then. He never said that bandits do no harm. The reason bandits were later declared terrorists was that the military needed to use high firepower on them so they had to be declared terrorists.
Re: Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' by Emma15678: 7:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

Buhari is from Niger. His father migrated from Niger to present katsina. How e got an ethnic jingoist as President still baffles me.
Kindly read Adesina's article on Buhari's bigotry.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MEND Replies Goodluck Jonathan / Why I Sacked Auxiliary - Seyi Makinde / Okonjo-iweala: Jonathan Incurred $21bn Of $63bn National Debts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.