Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

What Is The Use Of This Thing? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Use Of This Thing? (54110 Views)

I Am Not Yoruba I Am Kogi: this Thing Is Everywhere. / APC Insists On Use Of Ebonyi Stadium For Its Rally Despite Government’s Objectio / ‘Nigerians Now Report Less Use Of Generators’ - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by opeaskey(m): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
Its called swagger stick.Used by top ranks in the military [Brigadier General upward].
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Vikkoh:
Greetings everyone.
I have always wondered what this thing — the one marked in the photo is used for.
Is it for sitting down when the Soldiers are tired or is it some type of weapon?
What is the name?

I need answers bikoo.

It's called a swagger stick, it's a symbol of authority, style (class) and used in sitting down only for generals (senior officers, I think from brig Gen upwards not so sure but most certainly major generals, lieutenant general and generals).

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Saint1960: 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
UselessBuhari:

Reminds me of this. GEJ fit scatter, can Buhari do this?

Nah fit you dey after?
We can as well vote for bodybuilder kiss
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Cyprian71(m): 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
They are physically fit but, the Walking stick do support them when moving around✌️
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Avast(m): 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
Vikkoh:

Please avoid my thread.

You're not wise.

I didn't invite unintelligent people to comment here.

Your post lacks meaning — to say the least.

Take your BMC 30k monthly stipend and enroll yourself in a Kindergarten class, you need to unlearn and relearn.

He is not bright grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Idaytesj29(m): 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
saheedbadmus:
Nope ..they are fit..its a sign of hierarchy ..the top military and police boss use the walking stick

Almost all uniform services top men uses it. In Correctional Service, its called Swagger Cane or stick.
A swagger stick is a short stick or riding crop usually carried by top uniformed services men as a symbol of authority. A swagger stick is shorter than a staff or cane, which means the cane or staff will be a bit longer, and is usually made from rattan. Its use derives from the vine staff carried by Roman centurions as an emblem of office.

Thank you
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by egunna(m): 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
UselessBuhari:

u know how many wars Buhari don fight?d listen to it brain before u talk.e go help u well well.
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by adedayoa2(f): 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
UselessBuhari:

Jonathan was already tired of standing, Buhari is trained to stand, so he won't even dare do it.
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by compton11(m): 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
haconjy:
Any time I see Yoruba Muslims lambasting Igbo or Igno lambasting Yoruba, I can't imagine the havoc Gen. Buhari has done to this region. Will Yoruba Muslims (I guess) continue this way?

Igbo will forever remains my second tribe. Never will I be a slave to Cow, Killers or kidnappers.

Igbo Protestant Christian,shut the Bleep up and eat yakubu gowon ass in peace gringrin
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Transcriber: 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
Praktikals:

You are the unintelligent one here. How can you see the image below and be asking what it is meant for?
exactly. It's very obvious

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Subzero30: 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
A swagger stick is a short stick or riding crop usually carried by a uniformed person as a symbol of authority. A swagger stick is shorter than a staff or cane, and is usually made from rattan. Is it a part of their official or ceremonial uniform? Why would our military top shots be acting like they all developed serious arthritis at the peak of their careers? They originated in military swagger sticks which indicate the position or regiment of the soldier (e.g. Brigade of Guards).
This trend is somehow, Nigeria is the only country I know that allows this. It looks wrong to me because it portrays our military top shots as being incapacitated or weak.

Abi is it ‘denge-pose’? Bugga? undecided I don’t know if I’m the only one who finds it distasteful
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Medley02(m): 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
It is called adjustable walking stick. It is originally meant for older folks to seat on when they get tired of walking.
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Positiveme2020: 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
Saint99:
The Military are not stupid. Some of those things you see in the form of Umbrella or walking stick in the hands of most high ranking Military officials are self defense weapon of last resort. Some of them are Long swords camouflaged as Walking stick .

Truth, but do u think any of these officers can use sword?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by ekukeku(m): 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
haconjy:

Never will I be a slave to Cow, Killers or kidnappers.

It's because d two region decided not to united & here w r now....
D north now have upper hand Dan d two region..... May God shower us wisdom to unite & stop d north northern slavery
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by uncleck: 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lamasta:

A military man using walking stick What happen to being gallant
Military men also grow old.
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Asiaventures: 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
SlyDev:

Buhari is more intelligent and stronger than most IPOB terrorist

Language class in session, go learn how to behave

Shut up.
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by lascos912(m): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
pussy stick
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Lamasta(m): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
uncleck:

Military men also grow old.
Is this COAS old
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Dollarremix(m): 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
Dis na swagger cane.
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by haconjy(m): 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
compton11:
Igbo Protestant Christian,shut the Bleep up and eat yakubu gowon ass in peace gringrin

See ode,
Does that name sound one?

Oponu agbaya, omode ise.
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by doncollino: 3:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
they are maybe hoping to become crippled soon
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by duro4real(m): 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
Vikkoh:
Greetings everyone.
I have always wondered what this thing — the one marked in the photo is used for.
Is it for sitting down when the Soldiers are tired or is it some type of weapon?
What is the name?

I need answers bikoo.

Op this thing you are seeing is a sword, I’m very sure. But on a norms you would thought it is a walking stick. It is called sword cane. But it mostly used by Top hierarchy military personnel.
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Blesyn22(m): 4:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
It's called swagger stick. Used by men in uniform from the rank of Brigadier General or its equivalent

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Vikkoh(m): 4:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
Avast:

He is not bright grin grin grin

My Man grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by fayomidada(m): 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
That's a swagger stick.
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by bilulu(m): 4:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
SlyDev:

Buhari is more intelligent and stronger than most IPOB terrorist

Language class in session, go learn how to behave
he's more intelligent but turned the country to rumbles in less than 8 years.... except we don't know what you meant by intelligence

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by seunmsg(m): 5:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
It’s called a swagger stick I think.

freshkpomo
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Spandau: 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
seunmsg:
It’s called a swagger stick I think.

freshkpomo

KADOSO MUTAIRU! grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Spandau: 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
bilulu:

he's more intelligent but turned the country to rumbles in less than 8 years.... except we don't know what you meant by intelligence

Don't mind the oaf
Re: What Is The Use Of This Thing? by Aaay: 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldier Killed In Battlefield While Making Plans To Travel Abroad. Graphic Pics / WTO Director-General, Okonjo-Iweala Arrives Nigeria On A One Week Visit / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.