Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" (14175 Views)

Married Men Asking Single Guys For Help. / COVID-19 Lockdown: Side Chicks & Side Guys, How Have You Been Coping? / How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Ferrous(m): 2:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
"We're doing well and yours"
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by parkervero(m): 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2023
Simple, they are fine. I even add jara to it by saying my wife will not be happy if I buy this in that amount.
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Danfederal: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2023
Just respond fine Shikena

Happy International Girl Child Day

Please watch!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqtNtm-WzVs
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Probz(m): 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2023
Sekoni003:
An unmarried man still has a family right? Simply say fine, thank them for asking and move on cheesy

Right.
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by meobizy(f): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2023
It usually throws me off and reminds me I should be married. Replying with “they’re fine” na crime? Tell me because that’s what I normally use.
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Risingsunn: 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
Ofcourse fine na. No be person born you? Don't you have brothers and sisters? Did you fall from the sky?
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Enibanks(f): 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2023
Na Sabinus u supposed asked so that we will know the answers 🙄🙄🙄🙏🙏🙏🙏😏😏😏😏😏
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by teejay29(m): 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2023
Your parents and siblings are still your family.Not necessarily your wife and children.
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Jewessgratitud3: 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2023
Sekoni003:
An unmarried man still has a family right? Simply say fine, thank them for asking and move on cheesy

We know the ones they are referring to. Mpa ayin cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Chochovini: 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
How is your family? They‘re fine, thank you. And yours?
But I think the perplexing question that always freak me out as a single guy that I am is “How is MADAM? As if the questionaire was there at our wedding. Lols.
Well, to such inquisitive queston via greetings and pleasantries, my responses has ever been one. “She‘s still eating her parent‘s food“ simple.
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by achorladey: 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
24brains:
I always get confused and don't know what to reply when people greet me and ask "How family?". the question is usually thrown as a mode of greeting to know of the wellbeing of a married man's wife and children. How do you respond as an unmarried man?

Tell them they are well. Simple! Resist the urge to salaye. After all you are from and of a family grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by TheGift: 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
24brains:
I always get confused and don't know what to reply when people greet me and ask "How family?". the question is usually thrown as a mode of greeting to know of the wellbeing of a married man's wife and children. How do you respond as an unmarried man?

Well, even when I was single, my answer was always “fine” because I have family, parents , brothers, sisters , uncles, aunties , cousins , nephews, nieces etc

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by rtdCivilservant: 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
meobizy:
[b]It usually throws me off [/b]and reminds me I should be married. Replying with “they’re fine” na crime? Tell me because that’s what I normally use.
@ the bolded is one of the reasons why such question is wrong, everyone commenting pretends they don't know what op is trying to say, people that ask such silly questions assume u are married or u should be married, so we should stop all these "my father, mother and siblings are my family" cos we all know the intentions of the people who ask such silly questions. Let us condemn what is bad, people should stop asking strangers some kind of silly questions, such questions could make people feel a certain way at times, it can even make some people depressed.

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by rtdCivilservant: 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

We know the ones they are referring to. Mpa ayin cheesy tongue
Thank u, let them all continue to pretend they don't know the intentions of those that ask such silly questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Jewessgratitud3: 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Thank u, let them all continue to pretend they don't know the intentions of those that ask such silly questions.

LoL.. 😂😂😂
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by BeigJawnson(m): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
24brains:

If as a single guy, you saw yourself fallen from the sky and has no family then don't answer them " fine" when they ask how family?
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Obesity(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2023
It's on my waist and they will laugh out loud 😂.

Family de my waist o
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Sirseedorf(m): 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2023
grin grin grin

I always reply their are fine.

Always resist the urge to salaye.

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Highplains: 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2023
😂.”We thank God sir/Ma”..I’d do a counter attack before you ask me any other question,how’s Nigeria treating you?
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by zedegit: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2023
24brains:
how about an orphan? I really think people should just stop such mode of greeting expecially strangers that do not know much about someone. They should stop asking deep, personal & private questions!!! Some even go as deep as asking "you be family man?"

Very annoying.

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by phemmyfour: 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2023
24brains:
You always belong to a family before having yours
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Swiftgrp: 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
Sekoni003:
That's simply all there is to say.

Security-wise, one has to be careful about random folks asking such open questions.
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by spiralwedge(m): 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2023
Lol

That’s Nigerian way of trying to know more about you by amebo neighbours. They have been talking behind your back. The way you answer that question is what they will use to speculate behind your back.

If you carry babes front and back, they won’t ask you that question. But if they don’t see any girl with you and you somewhat act responsibly, that’s the question they would use to know what’s up?

Later, they will ask you “how are your kids?” “Are You hearing from home?” etc

Aproko people.

2 Likes

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Sammy5413(m): 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2023
Let the single breath, don’t suffocate them
They’ve got families too
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by NwaliE01: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
Even as a singleton, don't you come from a family?
Or shouldn't you care about how they are doing?

If someone how about your family, it could as well presuppose that he wasn't talking about your wife and children.
Just don't make life hard on yourself by over thinking it.
Respond to the person that they are alright if you don't want more questions.
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by fayomim: 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2023
Tokskob2008:
"Dem dey fine".... It's not a crime to be single so I wonder why this is in the crime section

This is a family section not crime section
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by ericmor: 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yes I have a family but if you ask me how is my wife and kids like say I told you i am married, then you will answer the question yourself. Nigerians and their unnecessary questions and over sabi rubbish
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by 4KNGOATS(m): 3:17am On Oct 12, 2023
24brains:
Mumunity
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Blackdisciple(m): 7:32am On Oct 12, 2023
Single guys family are his mum dad and siblings , so the answer is they are all fine because to him you are referring to his immediate family
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by lilkelv(m): 8:17am On Oct 12, 2023
24brains:
I simply say “we thank God o” 🤷🏽‍♂️
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by SamPeeLamen(m): 11:20am On Oct 12, 2023
Family dey wia dem dey o!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? / How Did You Feel The First Time You Became A Father? / My Fiancee Had An Affair With Her Business Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.