Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser (26616 Views)

2022 World Cup: Eguavoen Resigns As Eagles Coach After Playoff Defeat To Ghana / Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant / Picture Of Jarus Meeting Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by koskilala: 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
How many times this guy dey resign abeg? Hope he's resigning for good now o.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by toprealman: 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
WibusJaga:

Quite expected. He is tactically deficient.
Wasn't too excited when I saw our much-changed lineup for that 2nd leg. Gave me the impression Eguaveon has tendency to succumb to public opinions/pressure & that's not a quality of a good coach.

But when will Mr Failure himself resign?
call him by his name.....Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by SmartPolician: 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
Amotolongbo:
very much better.

The last time Nigeria didn’t qualify for the World Cup, Austin Eguavoen was an assistant coach

Austin Eguavoen coached the U23 footall team and they refused to qualify for the Olympic in 2012.

They didn't refuse.

They couldn't or didn't qualify grin

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by kunyeo(m): 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
[quote author=Ladiesdoctor post=111525064]He resigned as a failure

1. As a player in USA 1994 world cup, He faulted the Italian player that resulted to a penalty kick that threw Nigeria out from that tournament.

2. As a Coach, He failed to qualified Nigeria for the 2006 world cup

3. As a Coach, He failed to qualified the Nigeria U23 team in 2012 for the Olympics

4. As a Coach again, He failed to qualified Nigeria for the 2022 wo

With your kind of English too,what are you?

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
You see. I knew this was his plan all along. He treated the super eagles job as a gig with a technical director role to fall back on if the gig doesn't work out. He did that in cahoots with the big wigs in NFF.
This is criminal and very close to deliberate sabotage of our national interest. Anyone remotely involved in this should be attested and charged.
But I'm sure the clowns at NFF will watch the mood of the nation before deciding to go through with the plan of returning him to technical director of doing away with him permanently.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Amotolongbo(f): 12:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
SmartPolician:

They didn't refuse.

They couldn't or didn't qualify grin
Eguavoen and his boys refused to qualify jare grin
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by baralatie(m): 12:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
I remembered he won the support of people on this forum 4 months ago. undecided
grin
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Temi2468: 12:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Good riddance to rubbish!

Even as a technical director, he should vacate completely. All others should follow suit.
NFF crew should do same, especially that Amaju Pinnick. We need a complete overhaul.

I wish Okocha at least gives coaching a try in Nigeria.

New hands too like Kanu, Taribo, Enyeama (if he agrees for goal keeper trainer) should be tried.

Then serious local players who are hungry should be scouted!

There are many Okochas, Yekini, Finidis, Kanus, Enyeama, Ndidi in this country. Only if we put corruption aside for once, we will see them. They are on the streets, in University football teams, Secondary schools, street football clubs and many others.

If we could always get hungry local U-17 guys that deals with Messi in their own age, I see no reason why we can't replicate the same gesture at the senior level.

Don't tell me about experience o. If our U-17 always beat those foreign teams at international level, why do they become underdogs when they join foreign clubs and come back to the Senior team?

Scout fresh blood wey never taste outside, wey never taste million and see how Super Eagles will come back to life.

This our importation culture is what started destroying our economy since late 80s. We eat everything foreign. Import brush, comb, rice, slippers and that's what we have now in the Super Eagles. I'm not underscoring foreign exposure, but what I'm saying is that we have talents unharnessed in this country that match their foreign counterparts!

Lastly, rejuvenate our local leagues and our stadiums and make it attractive.

This country can work. We just keep frustrating it ourselves through greed and corruption.

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Donlanray: 12:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by timefarm(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
Faber:
grin
Mumu anti - Igbo coach. Na nationalism and anti- Igbo policy kee you...

You want win and qualify without these guys:

Kelechi Nwakali
Kelechi Iheanacho
Winfred Ndidi
Simy Nwankwo
Samuel Kalu
Henry Onyekuru
Paul Onuachu
Kenneth Omeruo
Alex Iwobi
Maduka Okoye...

From the days of Dan Anyiam first Nigerian Captain. Football and sports is the birth right of Igbos and Niger Deltans in Nigeria. Chioma Ajụkwa, Ifeajuna, Blessing Okagbare, Perpetual Nkwocha, Jay Jay Okocha, Kalu, Amuneke, Amokachi, Christian Chukwu, Sunday Chukwuemeka Oliseh, Mikel Obi.
They plenty. But you neglected this.

Look at Canada, USA and France. In Sporting events World Cups, Olympics, etc they field the blacks and they always make them proud. Any section or tribe in the country that are masters in a particular field give them the job. It's a collective glory for the nation. But jealousy no go gree una.
When anything no go you way, it is anti-igbo even though he is from SE.
Which of the invited player is bad? Igbo players are the most on the team.
Selfish individual.

By your analysis, it means since north has been producing substantially the president of Nigeria, they should keep producing it.

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by back2sender: 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
He should also be sack as the Technical Director of ALL Nigeria teams.
he is a total disgrace , ROHR was a zillion tomes better than this failure that put us in severe pains as a country
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Dybala11(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
Faber:
grin

Kelechi Nwakali
Kelechi Iheanacho
Winfred Ndidi
Simy Nwankwo
Samuel Kalu
Henry Onyekuru
Paul Onuachu
Kenneth Omeruo
Alex Iwobi
Maduka Okoye...

From the days of Dan Anyiam first Nigerian Captain. Football and sports is the birth right of Igbos and Niger Deltans in Nigeria. Chioma Ajụkwa, Ifeajuna, Blessing Okagbare, Perpetual Nkwocha, Jay Jay Okocha, Kalu, Amuneke, Amokachi, Christian Chukwu, Sunday Chukwuemeka Oliseh, Mikel Obi.

Look at Canada, USA and France. In Sporting events World Cups, Olympics, etc they field the blacks and they always make them proud. Any section or tribe in the country that are masters in a particular field give them the job. It's a collective glory for the nation. But jealousy no go gree una.
Majority of those players are not doing better than most of the ones given a call up into the team right now. The likes of Uzoho, Ekong, Ighalo, Iheanacho, Osimhen etc are Northerners abi?? You're only showcasing tribal bigotry that you meant to condemn. The team's problem is not about not calling Southerners to the team, the problem is far more complicated. Don't be short sighted.
Having only Southerners in the national team like you're insinuating is exactly rubbish o. grin

3 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Yenkwin: 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
This is what PMB should have done too

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by blackboy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
Good but NFF that used corruption and not the best for Nigeria to engage him should have resigned before him or along with him.
Corruption in NFF is the problem with Nigerian football .

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by exposition: 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
I remembered he won the support of people on this forum 4 months ago. undecided
not me!!
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by jaydor: 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
Not good enough, let him resign from the technical adviser role too. Which technical head him get to advise.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
Amotolongbo:
very much better.

The last time Nigeria didn’t qualify for the World Cup, Austin Eguavoen was an assistant coach

Austin Eguavoen coached the U23 footall team and they refused to qualify for the Olympic in 2012.

grin
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by openmine(m): 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
hakym619:
Bring in Ralph Ragnick kiss
grin grin
Why do U love vawulence?

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by diplomat058(m): 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
A bit of sense, you didn't make
Faber:
grin

Kelechi Nwakali
Kelechi Iheanacho
Winfred Ndidi
Simy Nwankwo
Samuel Kalu
Henry Onyekuru
Paul Onuachu
Kenneth Omeruo
Alex Iwobi
Maduka Okoye...

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Blackman101: 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
Damage done.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by SmartyPants(m): 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
WibusJaga:

Quite expected. He is tactically deficient.
Wasn't too excited when I saw our much-changed lineup for that 2nd leg. Gave me the impression Eguaveon has tendency to succumb to public opinions/pressure & that's not a quality of a good coach.

But when will Mr Failure himself resign?

You got that exactly right. I was so disappointed. The media were clamouring for Etebo, Dennis, Lookman and others, so the coach was forced to shoehorn all of them into a starting position.

You don't drop a senior man like Simon in a key game like this when tbh our entire gameplan for the past months has been give it to Simon. Clearly, they don't know how to play without him.

He then put Dennis on the right, and that isn't so bad but it's not his best position, and we have Akinkunmi Amoo who is a natural there. Play him sir!

Etebo was off the pace, and should have been the one closing down Partey, but we knew he wasn't ready. Yet the media clamoured for Bonke to be dropped and Etebo to play. As if a player who has been out for so long can suddenly return to good form.

A top coach must learn to ignore outside voices.

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by VPN11(m): 12:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Quite glaring; why the Ghanaians were tactically; and technically better; than the Super Eagles .

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Badonasty(m): 12:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lol…as expected…we should expect more of this….bad performance shouldn’t be accepted
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by collinometricx: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2022
This asaba sam allaryce
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Seebrain: 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
Coach Eguavoen got it wrong with this adage that says"You don't put all your eggs in one basket." The tactics the coach used in our first leg at Kumasi was totally wrong. How could you be aiming for a draw at Kumasi with the believe that you will win in Abuja. That you are playing at home does not give you � guarantee that you will win. I expect him to have approach the first leg at Kumasi with winning mentally and not seeking for draw because the second leg in not guaranteed. Well, for me I strongly believe we lost the ticket in the first leg at Kumasi
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Faber(m): 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
timefarm:

When anything no go you way, it is anti-igbo even though he is from SE.
Which of the invited player is bad? Igbo players are the most on the team.
Selfish individual.

By your analysis, it means since north has been producing substantially the president of Nigeria, they should keep producing it.

I said any section of the country that is good. Northern Presidents kept Nigeria in this mess. So that side they no even qualify. They should focus on cow and agriculture
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by adecz: 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wetin for remain for am?

With Rohr, Nigeria football was stagnant
without improvement. But with Eguavoen the team started going backwards. ☹️☹️

A team that was their group's worst
qualifier knocked us out of Nations Cup.
Now, a team that was knocked out in
the group stage of Nations Cup has knocked
us out of World Cup.

He was given the two biggest stages
in football and he broke the heart of a
nation with atrocious & biggest disappointments we have witnessed as
a nation in over 30 years❗️❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

Eguavoen always seems to have become
an expert at creating defeat out of the
jaws of victory.

All Ghanaians were not look forward to
the world Cup because they felt their
country couldn't beat Nigeria.❌❌❌

Left to me, he should be sacked and
locked up without phone for 90 days..

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by SmartyPants(m): 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2022
Faber:
grin

Kelechi Nwakali not needed
Kelechi Iheanacho
Winfred Ndidi
Simy Nwankwo
Samuel Kalu
Henry Onyekuru
Paul Onuachu
Kenneth Omeruo
Alex Iwobi
Maduka Okoye...

This kind of talk is why Nigeria is in trouble. I was at the game and one northerner beside me kept clamouring for Musa and Sadiq.

I almost slapped his teeth out. But he is just like you, more interested in seeing his personal heroes than in what is best for the teamI

Half of the players you mentioned have gotten their chances with the National team and have not proved themselves, and the other half are injured. The only one I agree with is Iheanacho.

Besides Eguavoen is from Sapele, Delta State, so why do you think he would marginalize Igbos and Niger Deltans??
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Ndubest123(m): 12:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
Only as a coach? He should also resign as a technical director i wonder what he is directing. He is a complete failure
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
He should resign and leave Nigeria entirely
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by sulaak(m): 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ladiesdoctor:
He resigned as a failure

1. As a player in USA 1994 world cup, He faulted the Italian player that resulted to a penalty kick that threw Nigeria out from that tournament.

2. As a Coach, He failed to qualified Nigeria for the 2006 world cup

3. As a Coach, He failed to qualified the Nigeria U23 team in 2012 for the Olympics

4. As a Coach again, He failed to qualified Nigeria for the 2022 world cup

The failure is the NFF that employed him three times.
Re: Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser by Moide29: 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
Bbv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kheira Hamraoui: Aminata Diallo Arrested Over Attack On Teammate / Betting Is After MY LIFE / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score In Five World Cups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.