Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles (33203 Views)

Germany To Use Firewood, Coal If Russia Cuts Off Gas Supply / Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning / Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by bluefilm: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
newdawn2017:
He is my man walayi.

Aswear.

Anybody who can comfortably look America and her gang of nations in the eye and tell them to go to hell is my guy any day any time.

5 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by TrueNigerian300: 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
Walkee:
they defaulted when they stole back the money they paid before. Almost like buying things with fake money the other party can't use. Eu will secretly buy ruble while releasing propaganda videos on twitter to deceive their own citizens. USA used their own hands to lift their fertiliser sanctions

I just read that too ooooo so the almighty USA lifted sanctions on fertilizers. Wonderful.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by newdawn2017(f): 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
MichaelSokoto:
Dem go assassinate dis guy dis nite!
angry
you think he yar'adua?? Or gadaffi
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by TrueNigerian300: 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

Lmao the US dollar is actually backed by Gold so Oil does not even bother it. The only reason US amasses oil is for one thing only ....CONTROL and not for their currency

Some of you actually know nothing

The bolded show you are the one that knows nothing and still proud to show your ignorance. The USD is no longer backed by gold since the 70s, go and read about Quantitative Easing.

5 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by TrueNigerian300: 9:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
Walkee:
lmao usd and gold in the same sentence. No need sef. You have no idea what you are talking about that's why you are always here talking things that make zero sense. Go on Google and search petrodollar 1974

Don't mind the dullard and he is proud to he very ignorant

3 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by maasoap(m): 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
joyla8:
Putin is out of his mind, damn
You sure you know what this is all about? That's because I don't think you have idea of the issue you just responded to.
Someone has explanation for you below.

TimmyA:
That is a good response for their sanctions. Take the battle from your enemies stronghold to your stronghold so that you can have some home advantage and also make your enemies (business partners) behave themselves. They can't just be dictating all the time
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Minjim: 9:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Elvis778:

Alternatives will be very expensive, and will cost time too,
When I say expensive, I mean, money that would have guaranteed gas supply for the next 1yr or more if only they stick with their current supplier...
you think you just wake up one morning and decide to get gas elsewhere? you know how much it will cost to put the infrastructure in place? And time? What gas would they use to keep warm while they make plans to get gas elsewhere? Does this "Elsewhere" have enough gas for them? Or they still need to put up more facilities to connect several other countries? Which would definitely run into billions of dollars

Read foreign news.

Most European nation had been frantically searching for alternatives since Russia annexed Crimea in 2014. So it's not about just waking up.
Poland confirmed they'll be free of Russian gas by the end of 2022.
They don't need new pipelines. The only pipeline Russia owns are the ones in Russia. Any pipeline passing thru a country belongs to that country.

It's only Germany and worried about because Trump warned them about their over dependency on Russian gas since but they were slow in looking for alternatives
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by drmuchin: 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
GOOD ONE!
Show them who is BOSS
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by maasoap(m): 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

Putin is desperate grin

You want to terminate a two way contract from one side when the other party has not defaulted in the terms and you are the defaulter? cheesy

Putin is high on Russian weed cheesy

So, all the contracts that they had with Russia or Russian companies which they unilaterally terminated, did Russia or Russian companies default? Oga, you need to get your head examined!

3 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Elvis778(m): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
Minjim:

Read foreign news.

Most European nation had been frantically searching for alternatives since Russia annexed Crimea in 2014. So it's not about just waking up.
Poland confirmed they'll be free of Russian gas by the end of 2022.
They don't need new pipelines. The only pipeline Russia owns are the ones in Russia. Any pipeline passing thru a country belongs to that country.

It's only Germany and worried about because Trump warned them about their over dependency on Russian gas since but they were slow in looking for alternatives
Poland is 1 out of 27 countries, EU as a whole projected 2030, recently they said it might be sooner...
They own the pipelines doesn't change anything, if they will be getting gas from Israel they sure will need to lay pipes from Israel to their country, which costs money...

5 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by maasoap(m): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
ButterBurger:
[s] Why he never cut am since they sanctioned him.
And why he con be the one still warning.
His he stylishly begging and at the same time threatening.
Lol.
I know it will affect the buying countries but na Russia e go still pain and affect pass, country wey no get money again no fit afford to reject business wey dey bring in their biggest revenue.
And mind you, it is sure that the west won't pay in that ruble he is damanding.
So let him cut it and suffer.
Only china and India can't help him financially.
Putin is Cornered even himself no go like the situation he put himself [/s]

Yen yen yen yen!!! You rant too much.

1 Like

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by holysina(m): 9:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

Is the above a part of this particular contract and is it an added clause that constitutes a breech of contract regarding how Gas should be supplied to the one who pays them?

If it is, show me where.
I see say u wan catch cruise.
No body will show u anything. u show us where it is written in de contract that incase of hostility, only one side has monopoly. U just the yan since like say u get the contract for ur house
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Eneye4me: 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

Putin is desperate grin

You want to terminate a two way contract from one side when the other party has not defaulted in the terms and you are the defaulter? cheesy

What are U saying? The same country that placed sanction on Russia.

1 Like

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by priestcharm(m): 10:16pm On Mar 31, 2022
jelel6:

If only China can buy it, why is Russia even selling to the West before? If China needs Russian gas so much, why are they not already buying from Russia? What now happens to the countries China buy its gas from? Will China simply tell them to rip up their contracts because Russian gas is now available? Or you think China will buy more gas than it needs because it wants to help Russia?

Who are even the countries waiting in queue? China and India alone can't buy Russian gas. Asia? A region blessed with petroleum? And China can't consume more gas than those countries combine. Popular alone doesn't determine the amount of gas a country uses.

If EU leaders are sacrificing their interests to suit the US and not Russia, that should tell you who the real boss is who you want in your corner. An economic fight between the west and Russia has only one winner.
Plenty countries will buy cheap Russian oil. Once the contract buying from others expire. It is pure economics. If you pay nepa average of 50k to buy power and a Chinese company comes with same power for you to pay 30k, won’t you port? India will buy cheap Russia crude once her contract to buy from Qatar for example expires.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Geniuelander: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

[s]Putin is desperate grin

[/s]

undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Geniuelander: 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
jaxxy:
Swine, Ruble or dollar, Russian economy will sink deepee than the titanic and nothing can stop it.

Okay

1 Like

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Elidrisy20: 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
Tomorrow headlines in BBC and CNN
Putin will collect Naira in lure of Rubles
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Househelp(m): 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
onlyson16:
tell me here. Why are u hiding d size
because I would love to speak in private with serious buyers. It's 148gb

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by tonididdy(m): 10:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
End to the dollar terrorism
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by HRtechnique: 10:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Uprightness100:
This will be terrible for Europe's Russia unfriendly Nations.

But I see a Situation where they begin to go for Israel's Gas, through Egypt or turkey.
I Believe Isreal's Booty is the " Hook in the Jaw" GOD ALMIGHTY will use to pull Russia down to Israel for the Gog Magog War.

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by shogz89: 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
jelel6:
A country, Russia that gets about 80% of economic income from selling gas wants to cut supply to buyers. How is their economy going to survive?

They won't buy in rubles and Putin won't cut supplies, unless he's completely MAD.
He is cutting supply to unfriendly European countries,, they have other countries they service.. India and China alone use more gas than the whole EU.. So they aren't loosing all 80%
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Acefaruk: 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Uprightness100:

But I see a Situation where they begin to go for Israel's Gas, through Egypt or turkey.
I Believe Isreal's Booty is the " Hook in the Jaw" GOD ALMIGHTY will use to pull Russia down to Israel for the Gog Magog War.
can isreal supply the whole of europe gas..they dont even have the facility.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Great0ne1: 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

Putin is desperate grin

Idiota !! They stole Russia's reserve and seized assets owned by Russia oligarchy. Who gave them right to do that idiot ?

2 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by shogz89: 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
obedience4:
France and Germany has said they will not pay in ruble..
Well Europe can activate their reserves and that could last for the year..it will be painful but Europe can survive..
They sign s deal to get more gas from the USA.
Both parties will suffer as 70% of Russia economy is tied to gas sales and which over 60% are bought by the same Europe..
Europe needs gas. Russia needs Money all his already economy fails, either way no body wins
US promise 15billion cubic mtrs , Russia supplies around 150billion..
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by bizhop01: 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
jelel6:
A country, Russia that gets about 80% of economic income from selling gas wants to cut supply to buyers. How is their economy going to survive?

They won't buy in rubles and Putin won't cut supplies, unless he's completely MAD.
Russia is not Nigeria that depend on daily sales of crude oil before the survive.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Great0ne1: 10:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
hayprof77:
then Saudi UAE and Africa will then become the next market
They will use your prick as a pipeline, to convey them to europe

2 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by mach7(m): 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
jelel6:

So, the so called open market will make up volume consumed by Europe, and infact, Russia would gain more? So laughable.

What now happens to the pact Russia has with other large energy producers like Saudi Arabia and Qatar, who all agreed to only produce a threshold capacity and supply to certain markets to maintain global prices and balance?
Please don't confuse yourself. Russia has no pact with either Saudi Arabia or Qatar on gas trading.

If you don't understand open (spot) market operations, please do more research.

With regards to Oil volumes which will be withdrawn from the European market, I hope you are seeing recent developments in India, where they are purchasing more volumes of oil from Russia (in excess of 3m barrels per batch) which is traded via Ruble-Rupee exchange.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Innomach(m): 10:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
Uprightness100:

Why are you always excited over bad news just to preach your end time fallacy?
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by onlyson16(m): 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
Househelp:
because I would love to speak in private with serious buyers. It's 148gb
too small. What about the ram. Yea will talk i like the stuff i dnt mind charting u up
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by shogz89: 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
jelel6:

And you don't even know your statistics. By far, the United States of America is consumes more gas than China. Consumption is different from importation.

Simple matter: Who would buy those excess gas Russia refused to sell to Europe? All the countries you mentioned, are they not already buying what their capacity needs from elsewhere?

The fact of the matter is Russia's economy is heavily dependent on SELLING Energy and its derivatives to more industalized countries in Europe. Cutting supplies will hurt Europe no doubt, but it will hurt the Russian economy much more.

German and French ministers have said no way they're paying in rubles. Let's see if Putin has the balls to cutoff Europe and lose potential Billions of dollars needed to finance his war machine.
who will sell the Gas they refuse to buy from Russia to them and at what cost? Remember Opec does not have plans to increase supply.. And why are they still buying their Gas since they are sanctioning Russia.. Infact since the sanctions started, EU have bought 15% more gas in March from Russia than in February.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Princewell2012(m): 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
mach7:
It will start tomorrow, but it is not instantaneous. There are about 4 pipelines supplying Natural Gas to Europe - Nord Stream, South Stream, Yamal and the one via Ukraine....that's billions of scf of gas being supplied daily. Shutting the pipelines will take days if not even weeks and then the gas will be redirected Eastwards.

This Europeans sef, they should know that 2 can play the game.

Before they get another alternative things would have gotten out of hand .

Believe me if I am Putin I will cut the gaden Pipe without any notice, I will take them by surprise . That is the meaning of war. I use what I have to fight. When Nigerian government stop the supply of food from Europe to Biafra land, did they consider the masses and children that is going to die of starvation . Guess what that singular act make the igbos to surrender. You can't carry a heavy gun if you re hungry.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by roGF22(m): 11:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
Las las, the EU will refuse to pay in Ruble,..Russia will cut supply..and guess what, gasprombank that receives oil payment will be sanctioned, assets frozen and barred from the use of dollars, Euro and pounds...

I'll see if Russia will now drink their oil grin..my thoughts anyways, I'm not a political analyst

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2-Storey Building Collapses In Turkey: 13 Injured, 20 Missing / White House Spooky Halloween Makeover (Photos) / "I Want To Help Beat Ukraine From My Computer" - Russian Vigilante Hacker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.