Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles (33228 Views)

Germany To Use Firewood, Coal If Russia Cuts Off Gas Supply / Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning / Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by pharmaking: 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
Jos harmattan loading for them in Europe.

Minus 10 degree Cent.

Teach them lessons Putin, I dey ya back.

No one should claim world power jor.

There should some form of political, economic and military balance in the world.

8 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by maticar: 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
Putin cut it ooo

Timipre sylva said nigeria will supply the whole world if you refuse

Cut it nothing do you

2 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Alamkir: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
Uprightness100:
This will be terrible for Europe's Russia unfriendly Nations.

But I see a Situation where they begin to go for Israel's Gas, through Egypt or turkey.
I Believe Isreal's Booty is the " Hook in the Jaw" GOD ALMIGHTY will use to pull Russia down to Israel for the Gog Magog War.

This is All about Israel to u. U always find a way to redirect everything to Israel.
Because of Israel u cannot reason rationally

3 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Kingspin(m): 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
I like Putin because his kind of madness will challenge me to be mader

6 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by obailala(m): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

You are not answering my question.

How and when did EU breech THIS PARTICULAR contract?
By harassing Russian businesses for political reasons, Russia can political toss those contracts in the trash. Every action has reactions and consequences.

7 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by ariesbull: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
santos247:
EU is already in Spring. They cant freeze to death. Ahead of next winter, EU should strategise. Use of coal, vegetable oil are quick options aside from the massive importation of liquified natural gas.
Let Russia lock the taps and we see for how long the Russian economy can stay afloat without revenue when foreign reserves are already frozen. Let's also see how it can sustain a war under such local stringent home economy conditions.

EU can give tax waivers for the importation of LNG to keep the prices lower. These countries survive extensive months of general lockdown for several months. We will see who shifts ground first.
Airbus used cooking oil to fly plane. The end is coming to petroleum holding the world to ransom.
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-60945602#:~:text=Airbus%20say%20e%20don%20complete,cooking%20oil%20and%20waste%20fats.

Necessity is the mother of invention. During WW2, the development of the atomic bomb became a matter of urgency. MAybe Putin's war will trigger the development of alternatives to petroleum on a global scale.
Good luck to all Russians for delayed salary payments from May/June.

You no get sense shaaa
... You think that gas is only for heating..... It is for electricity.... You use gas to generate electricity... It is called thermal electricity different from hydro electricity

So how will they generate their electricity

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
Dem go assassinate dis guy dis nite!
angry
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Kingspin(m): 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:
Not sure what the EU expect Putin to do, you frooze the account which he receives his payment and still want him to keep supplying you, is that not robbery, they basically want gas for free.

People need to see these people for what they are, they are theives parading themselves as world savoir.

They shot themselves in the foot when they listen to sleepy joe, same sleepyJoe that abandoned his allies when they needed help evacuating their citizens in Afghanistan

So you can invade any country?
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by ken6488(m): 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

Hostile currency? Stolen?

Please explain to me as if I am still a toddler how the euros paid directly to Russian central bank would be stolen from same Russian central bank?

Last time I checked, it was only USA which sanctioned Russia and by extension others from dealing with Russia using DOLLARS. No sanctions are on the Euro.

Oya explain it to me as if I am a toddler. I am waiting with my writing pad

So you don't know

Even a neutral Switzerland sanctions Russia to tell you the seriousness of the sanction

3 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Igbofam: 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
obailala:

By harassing Russian businesses for political reasons, Russia can political toss those contracts in the trash. Every action has reactions and consequences.

Is the above a part of this particular contract and is it an added clause that constitutes a breech of contract regarding how Gas should be supplied to the one who pays them?

If it is, show me where.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Nachory: 8:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
Fake News
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Igbofam: 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
ken6488:

So you don't know

Even a neutral Switzerland sanctions Russia to tell you the seriousness of the sanction

Can you show me where the Euro was outlawed by EU for Russia?

You have this constant habit of drifting offpoint but please come back to the issue at hand.

We are not talking about Switzerland but Russia and the supply of Gas to EU.

Was the Euro outlawed by EU as the currency of payment after it was executed on the contract as currency if payment?

I need an answer please
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by ButterBurger: 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
ken6488:
Italy has started protesting

If European has alternative before they would have switched since
they had alternatives, but not like Russia, because Russia has more gas delivery and reserve.
And there was no reason to go for any other options before self.
But now other options will be considered. Trust me america and west already planned for that.
My own be say, why Putin still dey warn since all these days.
Shey him dey fear before ni
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by AroleOduduwa2: 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

So Russias central bank uses Euros? Wow tell me more! grin

I am defeated, I don't know how to explain to you.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by MikeBetty(m): 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
joyla8:
Putin is out of his mind, damn
Pussy, sorry putin has finally decided to shoot himself at the legs. Russia has finally dug its economic grave. Europe and the West will now redirect their gas demand to other nations and that will crash Russia Gas price. Russia need europe more than europe need her.

1 Like

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by newdawn2017(f): 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
ojesymsym:
I said it before.
Since EU countries will out of fear of the US or because of pride not want to pay in Rubies, then this is a business opportunity for any country willing to risk it and possible US sanctions.
Act as an intermediary between Russia and the "unfriendly" nations. Collect euros from them, pay Russia in Rubies and keep the profit.

I think China is the only country that can risk this without fear
dis very good business strategy
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by kingjis: 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
joyla8:

You are very silly

1 Like

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Igbofam: 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
AroleOduduwa2:

I am defeated, I don't know how to explain to you.

That's because you backed yourself into a corner you know you cannot explain yourself out of.

How and when did the Russian central bank start using Euros? Tell me joor cheesy
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by jelel6: 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
mach7:
Your comments shows that you don't understand the gas market. Russia is the world's largest Exporter of gas..

Europe is the second largest consumer of gas after China. Russia already has long-term fixed contracts with China, South Korea, Japan, Turkey, India and Pakistan. It also exports LNG to Africa, South America, South East Asia and also to Europe.

What Europe will do, is to request Qatar to replace Russia's supplies which it will be unable to do because they don't have the same production capacity that Russia has and secondly, the cost will be almost 5-6 times more than Russian gas (piping gas is considerably cheaper that transporting as LNG via ships).

the European economy will be wrecked.

And you don't even know your statistics. By far, the United States of America is consumes more gas than China. Consumption is different from importation.

Simple matter: Who would buy those excess gas Russia refused to sell to Europe? All the countries you mentioned, are they not already buying what their capacity needs from elsewhere?

The fact of the matter is Russia's economy is heavily dependent on SELLING Energy and its derivatives to more industalized countries in Europe. Cutting supplies will hurt Europe no doubt, but it will hurt the Russian economy much more.

German and French ministers have said no way they're paying in rubles. Let's see if Putin has the balls to cutoff Europe and lose potential Billions of dollars needed to finance his war machine.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by bakar007: 8:27pm On Mar 31, 2022
SecretAgent7706:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/03/31/ftse-100-markets-live-news-russian-gas-green-energy/
No one is forcing the west to buy gas from Russian, they can start using fire wood in their homes and businesses lol.
Russian already moving her investment ,gas ,crude and other interests to Asia and other part of the world . They don't need EU. You re using your currencies as a weapon against your rival and you except that rival to keep trading with your currency really funny how westerners think.

12 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by ken6488(m): 8:27pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

Can you show me where the Euro was outlawed by EU for Russia?

You have this constant habit of drifting offpoint but please come back to the issue at hand.

We are not talking about Switzerland but Russia and the supply of Gas to EU.

Was the Euro outlawed by EU as the currency of payment after it was executed on the contract as currency if payment?

I need an answer please
stop talking about any contract it already nulled the day

Europe join the sanction

No rubble no gas

No free gas for any one

7 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by mach7(m): 8:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
santos247:
You are correct. But dont forget that when Russia is unable to earn massive income from gas supply to Europe, it will double down. It will hurt Russia more and quicker than hurt Europe which is paying more when alternative supply route is available.

The volume that Russia is unable to sell to Europe, will be transferred to the open market (Spot market). Spot market currently trades at $1,100 per metric ton while Russia's sells to Europe at fixed contract averaging $300.

Actually Russia has been loosing a lot selling to Europe, but the benefit has been that the the market is stable and sales via fixed contract is guaranteed as compared to spot market which is volatile. So no loss for Russia, but major losses for Europe as their competitiveness will decline due to extremely high energy costs associated with importing LNG from Qatar and US.

Europe's biggest mistake is following the US, who is only out to rip them off with a smiling face.

9 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Igbofam: 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
ken6488:
stop talking about any contract it already nulled the day

Europe join the sanction

No rubble no gas

No free gas for any one

How was the contract annulled over Sanctions when EU did not sanction Russian gas? Explain it to me I beg you.

While explaining also explain to me where it stipulated in the contract that "any sanctions on Russia by any EU nation which Russia supplies her gas to would result to a breech of this contract".

Also explain to me how it is free gas when EU is still paying in Euros and that same Euros has not been sanctioned by anybody.

Oya the floor is yours. Explain
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by 2loadedguy: 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

I see that you have a personal copy of the contract between Russia and the EU nations they supply gas to. And in it you saw "sanctions to Russian foreign reserves would be regarded as a breech of this contract to supply you Russian gas"

Like I said, use your head and stop sounding dumb
You are the mumu here that should use your head. Even if it's not spelt out in black and white that sanction of the foreign reserve would be a breach of contract. Your brain should ask the question of what use is a money buyer is paying to a seller that the seller cannot access? Besides a face majuere situation as it is in this case is already a breach of any contract since a war situation is involved.
That's why I keep saying majority of Nigerian youth are actually dumb.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by oluobi(m): 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
[quote author=ButterBurger post=111540059]they had alternatives, but not like Russia, because Russia has more gas delivery and reserve.
And there was no reason to go for any other options before self.
But now other options will be considered. Trust me america and west already planned for that.
My own be say, why Putin still dey warn since all these days.
Shey him dey fear before ni

The supply of gas they already paid for ends tonight, I guess that's why he warned them ahead.
The payment for April starts tomorrow, since he warned them ahead of time, no one will blame him if he decides to stop the supply, if they don't pay roubles.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by damolaboye(m): 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
joyla8:

Yes he is, i guess he knows and he does not care.
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Igbofam: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
2loadedguy:

You are the mumu here that should use your head. Even if it's not spelt out in black and white that sanction of the foreign reserve would be a breach of contract. Your brain should ask the question of what use is a money buyer is paying to a seller that the seller cannot access? Besides a face majuere situation as it is in this case is already a breach of any contract since a war situation is involved.
That's why I keep saying majority of Nigerian youth are actually dumb.

Chairman of Mumus I doubt you have ever seen a contract in your life?

EVERY contract has it's terms laid out IN BLACK AND WHITE.

Nothing is vague.

Euros is not sanctioned by the EU.
Only the dollar was sanctioned by the US.

EU pays Russia in Euros so how can they not access it when same is converted to Rubles when it hits their Central bank?

Are you high on stupidity or what?

1 Like

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Pacesetter123(m): 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Bloggersp:

Mr Man go sit down, if you don't understand basic economics jus pass, you're the dumb one here
You get strength..oo to dey argue with the guy.
I don't know weda he understands what diplomatic relations is.
I have a trade contract with you,parts of the money you paid is reserved in your bank (Swiss bank) as my foreign reserved.
All of a sudden without any issue with you, you turned backyard and frozen that my money in your hands.Then you expect me to still keep to the terms of agreement which you have already violated?The central bank he is even talking about has been cut off from SWIFTS and other int'l trade payment platform by the same people.So how do you want the CBN to even receive this payment he is talking about?
The money is always transferred in liquid copy and not in hard copy.
And Russia CBN has been cut off from such payment platforms by these people and he is busy arguing ignorantly.

5 Likes

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Frankiss44(m): 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Tochj:

Win win for Russia
Just hope that Ukraine impeach the comedian before it's too late
West using his people to play Lotto
And praising him as a hero

Unlike you that will tour the part slavery and pass it on to your generations, the average ukrainian wants a life far from Russia and closer to the west.. So they won't be impeaching the so called comedian anytime soon.. He is standing tall for a fight they all want cool

1 Like

Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by Pacesetter123(m): 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Putin,the iron Man!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by babaalagbo11(m): 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
This Putin stubborn ooo
Re: Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles by 2loadedguy: 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

The question is, "is it breeching this PARTICULAR contract which has been executed?"
Go and read up what is called fauce majuere in a war situation or act of God no contract suffice or holds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Want To Help Beat Ukraine From My Computer" - Russian Vigilante Hacker / Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. / Sudan's Warring Factions Agree To A 72-hour Nationwide Ceasefire - Blinken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.