Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ (24059 Views)

Buhari, Tinubu Took Nigeria’s Economy 18 Steps Backward In 9 Years - FIJ / If You Don't Have This Free Money Making App, Then Your Phone Is Useless! / "5k Is Not Small Money In This Buhari Weather"- Angry First Bank Customer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by DamianX: 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
It's no longer gtb but gtIVM

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Kobicove(m): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
Trust no one when money is concerned!
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by eedimo(m): 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
This days I keep my money underground.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by oshorstan(f): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
Many bankers are armed robbers and technological thieves. Beware of Zenith Bank. Bloody Bastards
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by angelfallz(m): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
She needs to take the matter up. If she can report the matter to CBN and EFCC that would be a start.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by adedayoa2(f): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
complexBoss12:
Say ahhh!

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by okpas01: 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nigerians take sides even when they don't know what really transpired. The said lady knows nothing about the app, is there possibility that she wrote details down and aa criminal relative got hold of it? The bank must have investigated and discovered their staff is innocent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by brightalo1010: 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
davillian:
Go school even if na secondary
I can bet you that 90% of university students can't even set up the app themselves. It is amongst university students you'll see highest level of mugus, to write and speak English is hard for them not to talk of reading the English itself.

3 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by angelfallz(m): 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
Stamp duty is ₦50 for every 10k and above that enters your account.
As for sms alert, I have disabled that nonsense, I only get email alerts which is free.
Also I make use of standard chartered bank, no sms charges, no charges when transferring to other banks.
GreyLaw:
GTbank is not the only bank I use for my transfers and utility bill payments, but here is a screenshot showing that they charged me N530 just for SMS/stamp duty in March. I wonder if this isn't theft, or there is something else I don't understand. I have confronted them before via live chat, but no concrete reasons for such exorbitant charges.

3 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by adedayoa2(f): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
GreyLaw:
GTbank is not the only bank I use for my transfers and utility bill payments, but here is a screenshot showing that they charged me N530 just for SMS/stamp duty in March. I wonder if this isn't theft, or there is something else I don't understand. I have confronted them before via live chat, but no concrete reasons for such exorbitant charges.
GTB deducted almost 1k from my account yesterday, for sms and VAT.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by angelfallz(m): 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
What kind of investigation?
If they truly investigated they would not be shielding the staff.
okpas01:
Nigerians take sides even when they don't know what really transpired. The said lady knows nothing about the app, is there possibility that she wrote details down and aa criminal relative got hold of it? The bank must have investigated and discovered their staff is innocent.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Udoboss(m): 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
GreyLaw:

When I noticed it....I went to the bank and told them to deactivate sms alert as I receive alerts via mails

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by ALFADOS(m): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
I had one related issues like that in years back, the customer assistance asked for my pin to set up some issues i had with my new card, i told her i can`t give it to her that i don`t trust her. She looked confused because when she checked my acct in her system nah only 2k be the last money i had in that account that very day.
YOU FOR GIVE HER NOW, SHE FOR DASH YOU MONEY SO FAR NA 2K B YOUR LAST CARD LOL
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by mmsen: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2022
Cutehector:
Customer will never admit they revealed their details to fraudsters .. They will shield that part and look for innocent person to blame.

There is precedent of bank staff working with scammers to defraud customers.

I know of a case where somebody opened an account at GTB on Friday afternoon. Saturday morning this person received a call from a scammer asking him to give his bank details so that the scammer can give him the ATM card that he did not even ask for.

2 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by SympleSam(m): 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2022
Cutehector:
Customer will never admit they revealed their details to fraudsters .. They will shield that part and look for innocent person to blame.
For this case I think you are wrong, if he is innocent, make him show up�
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by callmemakaveli: 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
Banks instruct that "DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR OTP TO ANYONE". The Lady should blame herself for this.

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Brushstrokes20: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it! Some Nig banks are run by SMOOTH CRIMINALS undecided
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by purplekayc(m): 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
There must be a way to trace the money's movement
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Voldoz: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
Cutehector:

Una no day read before una comment I no know why.

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Cutehector(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
okpas01:
thank you my brother.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by SILVERLINES: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
From the look of things the said staffer is an innocent.

Mama don go mumu drop her phone carelessly and another bonkoom wire the money out and now mama accused another innocent person.

Go school Dem no go gree
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Skillsnigeria: 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
That's very bad
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Voldoz: 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
okpas01:

Bro the bank can trace the transactions an know what went wrong. No long story most of these fraudsters are working hand in hand with these bankers.

Once a man was robbed of his workers salaries and the man insisted the information came from inside the bank cause his wife doesn't even know he was going to the bank to withdraw.

Finally the police took all the staff's phones and guess what the cashier's phone rang and behold the robbers confirming their success in the robbery.

What we will ask ourselves is why must it be after the bank app stuff they debited the woman. From my experience a Nigerian trader hardly gives their card details out even their pin alone. The guy needs to be question.

2 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by KensonAbule(m): 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2022
GreyLaw:

Jesus, I thought it's only me oh.
I just received my March Statement of account and the charges are just too much, for an account I don't even have ATM Card with or do any transactions all throughout the month.
I just tire

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Voldoz: 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
KensonAbule:

Jesus, I thought it's only me oh.
I just received my March Statement of account and the charges are just too much, for an account I don't even have ATM Card with or do any transactions all throughout the month.
I just tire

These people lock my gf account say she cross the limit of the account she went to the bank with nin and Bedc. The idiot cashier told her it's done after a week the account was still locked only to pay transport back to discover the dude didn't activate the account.

Even with the restrictions on the account this people day debit her constantly.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by okpanachil: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
It is unlikely that the fraud was committed by the staff she suspects.No banker would commit that kind of fraud and wire the proceeds to another account.

Even fraudsters do not do that because it is easy for LEA to trace and apprehend the account holder. Except it is his day of reckoning, else with all the information he is armed with considering he is an insider, he would not do that. Also for the Bank to be shielding the staff means they are probably sure the issue was not from the bank or it's employees. In these days of social media,no Bank would want to wash their dirty linens in public.

My guess is the lady compromised her log in details either by accident or design.

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Godispeace: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
but the bank should atleast allow for investigation and clear the staff if he is innocent , the bank can do its own internal investigation and make it open to the customer and police
Cutehector:
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Emekaterry: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2022
I had access bank account not happy with only that one then I decided to make it two,then I went to first bank and open another account,one of them ask if I will like mobile app and I said yes.i not knowing how to open it then I gave him my phone and I don't even have data he connected with his phone and the app for me,I deposited some money and everyday by day I was bein debited of #150 sometimes 80 sometimes #170 every blessed day I closed the account without delay and went for zenith no body did they app for me.be careful about this bank staffs ok even the manager.remember this d bible says that because judgement against evil is not executed immediately evil abound.

2 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by desiredhome: 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
SILVERLINES:
From the look of things the said staffer is an innocent.

Mama don go mumu drop her phone carelessly and another bonkoom wire the money out and now mama accused another innocent person.

Go school Dem no go gree
It's also possible the Bank staff have their yahoo criminal friend, that he gave the woman's details to...... it's possible.....
When they notice a norvice such as this woman, anything can happen......

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by JOemmy(m): 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
Gtb have a very bad reputation I don't know why gullible nigerians still patronize them this is exactly what they did to innosson which made the courts to award him billions in damages this lady should look for a good lawyer to take up this case.

3 Likes

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Mumusaphire: 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
Deenillah:
I had a similar experience sometime 2018. Though mine was with UBA

I just bought a new phone and wanted to be making transactions from my UBA bank app.

I had already installed it but due to certain information the app was requesting, which the bank alone can give to me, I couldn't use it, so i went to the nearest branch.

I met a customer service (lady) who offered to help me fix this problem.

She suggested we use Leo (UBA chat on Facebook) which at first i found awkward but as I was new to these things, i just felt I should let her do her job.

I was asked for my bank card details and even OTP and after like 15mnts, I was informed by the lady that my app is set and ready for use.

I had around N43000 as my balance and this was for my siblings WAEC AND NECO fee.

I was about leaving the bank when a thought crossed my mind that instead of going out to use an ATM which has a very long que, why not just remove the money using withdrawal's slip since am already inside the bank.

I settled for this and left a balance of N3000 in the account.

But when i got home, and after like 2hrs I saw another a debit alert from my bank.

The balance has been reduced from N3000 to N500, I guess they couldn't transfer all the money.

I went to the bank the next day to complain, even met the lady that set up this app for me and was told that I was the one who transferred the money and that there's nothing they can do about it.

I was shocked but realizing how lucky I was to have withdrew that N40000 consoled me.

I was very greatfull to God for following my instincts.

Ever since then, I vowed to never use any banking app on my phone again. Every transaction I do is through magic banking (USSD code) which I aslo activated that very day together with the mobile app.
sir, that ussd cold is the most dangerous among them ooooooo. Even bank can't trace any accounts they use ussd to send money to. App is the best. If it is ur app, it will bring name and details of the person. But ussd code, it will only bring digits that u don't know.

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by israelmao(m): 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
Banks are legalized robbers that carry no arms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magistrates, IG Have No Powers To Freeze Bank Accounts, Court Rules / 7 Basic Steps To Improve Your Financial Condition In 2018 / Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.