Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ (24057 Views)

Buhari, Tinubu Took Nigeria’s Economy 18 Steps Backward In 9 Years - FIJ / If You Don't Have This Free Money Making App, Then Your Phone Is Useless! / "5k Is Not Small Money In This Buhari Weather"- Angry First Bank Customer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by mosaicafrique: 6:42am On Apr 02, 2022
matrixme:
This happened too to someone I know here in Abuja, few months ago. He went to setup his app inside the bank and 60,000 was debited from his account the next day. He wasn't too tech savvy and that was his first time using a mobile app.
All GTB customer service staff are theives. Especially those ones in charge of their mobile app and that *737 stuff. Be wary of them!

You are wrong for saying all customer service person. My cousin saw a loan app on Facebook thinking it's from GTB, she submitted details and was debited 256,000 that was when she knew it wasn't gtbank.
Gtbank has integrity and standard.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Ojukwu007(m): 7:19am On Apr 02, 2022
Cutehector:
Customer will never admit they revealed their details to fraudsters .. They will shield that part and look for innocent person to blame.
Honestly..
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by bablon20(m): 7:47am On Apr 02, 2022
This is gtb trademark, they have been in the business of pilfering unsuspecting customers for years, they kept stealing my money and they couldn't do anything to fish out d culprit, it was when a CSO in one of their branch told me the heinous crime is being committed by some of their staffs and that the bank management is aware of d whole issue, that was when I stopped using the bank.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Prince001(m): 8:09am On Apr 02, 2022
Cutehector:
Customer will never admit they revealed their details to fraudsters .. They will shield that part and look for innocent person to blame.

Its simple, just look where the money was sent to and take it back! What's BVN for?
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by izibili44: 8:17am On Apr 02, 2022
GreyLaw:

Do you work at GTBank?
na thief like this people dey talk this way. He might even be the said staff

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by IamAsiri: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2022
Lamasta:
She should use legal means, GTB if this is true then it means you are supporting and abating crime by shielding the culprit

The person in question may or may not be a staff. In fact, he could even be an ordinary cleaner. I have seen criminals pose as staff before. They collected deposit slips with money from customers under the guise of helping them to post as the banking hall was filled that day.

If the woman insists for camera footage to be checked (if she is really sure) then it can be resolved. Otherwise, OYO is her case.

N.P: The branch would have checked their CCTV to confirm (if the woman knows the time she went to the bank) and either of these two things might have been the case: 1. That the scammer is not outrightly a staff or 2. That the scammer chose a CCTV blind position which can also point at the fact that the scammer is most likely not a real staff or not even one at all.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by GreyLaw(m): 10:01am On Apr 02, 2022
GreyLaw:
GTbank is not the only bank I use for my transfers and utility bill payments, but here is a screenshot showing that they charged me N530 just for SMS/stamp duty in March. I wonder if this isn't theft, or there is something else I don't understand. I have confronted them before via live chat, but no concrete reasons for such exorbitant charges.

After charging me N530 for SMS in March, I get another message this morning for outstanding SMS charge for January -Feb worth N17. Meanwhile, they had already charged me for Jan and Feb. Now this additional one they called outstanding.

These are plain biro thieves. They keep deducting money from you without respect. There is always money in this account, in fact, I just transferred over 200000 yesterday from the account. So how come they are just taking outstanding for Jan - Feb?

I have 6 accounts with GTBank, but they always do this on my naira savings and current accounts. All the other banks I use namely Access, Wema, Barter, and Union don't steal my money like this.

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by GreyLaw(m): 10:37am On Apr 02, 2022
chukwugoziegi:

I was just debited 6k in batches NOW by the same bank!!!!

NARRATION was for transfers done as far back as 2020.

Lol... I thought I was alone. Hahaha... so if money has been in that account all this while, why is it in 2022 they remembered to deduct 6k for transfer charges? That's absurd.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by GreyLaw(m): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2022
IamAsiri:

The person in question may or may not be a staff. In fact, he could even be an ordinary cleaner. I have seen criminals pose as staff before. They collected deposit slips with money from customers under the guise of helping them to post as the banking hall was filled that day.

If the woman insists for camera footage to be checked (if she is really sure) then it can be resolved. Otherwise, OYO is her case.

N.P: The branch would have checked their CCTV to confirm (if the woman knows the time she went to the bank) and either of these two things might have been the case: 1. That the scammer is not outrightly a staff or 2. That the scammer chose a CCTV blind position which can also point at the fact that the scammer is most likely not a real staff or not even one at all.

Please read the story again and this time try to understand it. This woman has gone to the bank a number of times and the bank keeps shielding the said staff! That's not difficult to grasp.

If he wasnt a member of staff, or a cleaner as you suggested, the bank would make it clear in order to prevent their name from being tarnished. Now the woman knows the face, she has seen the guy always in the bank and she says, he is the one, bring him for questioning and the bank is playing hide and seek.

See, my younger brother worked at UBA and told me of a member of staff who had been doing this kind of stuff running into huge amounts of money, millions. He was later sacked. Same brother of mine has worked in GTB and now in another bank.

Yesterday we got the news of one Darlington whom the supreme Court awarded 7.5m as damages due to fraud committed by some seniors in first bank. These two seniors wanted to steal a whole 355. Abeg, some of those guys are outright thieves. Don't sugar coat it!

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by AkoloPeters(m): 10:44am On Apr 02, 2022
Complain to CBN and copy them. You'll hear from them
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by IamAsiri: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2022
GreyLaw:

Please read the story again and this time try to understand it. This woman has gone to the bank a number of times and the bank keeps shielding the said staff! That's not difficult to grasp.

If he wasnt a member of staff, or a cleaner as you suggested, the bank would make it clear in order to prevent their name from being tarnished. Now the woman knows the face, she has seen the guy always in the bank and she says, he is the one, bring him for questioning and the bank is playing hide and seek.

See, my younger brother worked at UBA and told me of a member of staff who had been doing this kind of stuff running into huge amounts of money, millions. He was later sacked. Same brother of mine has worked in GTB and now in another bank.

Yesterday we got the news of one Darlington whom the supreme Court awarded 7.5m as damages due to fraud committed by some seniors in first bank. These two seniors wanted to steal a whole 355. Abeg, some of those guys are outright thieves. Don't sugar coat it!

I know what I read and I definitely know how it works.

GTBank does not shield fraudulent staff; they'd rather hand them over to authorities once they know. As for First bank, I am sorry to say that lots of fraudulent activities do get carried out by their staff and they do try to shield them to an extent (this is probably due to the nature of that bank).
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Deenillah(m): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2022
Mumusaphire:
sir, that ussd cold is the most dangerous among them ooooooo. Even bank can't trace any accounts they use ussd to send money to. App is the best. If it is ur app, it will bring name and details of the person. But ussd code, it will only bring digits that u don't know.

Honestly, for me i feel the USSD code is more safe, secured and direct.
And i don't even joke with the small phone i use for it. Even prioritize it more than my Android phone.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by chukwugoziegi: 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2022
GreyLaw:

Lol... I thought I was alone. Hahaha... so if money has been in that account all this while, why is it in 2022 they remembered to deduct 6k for transfer charges? That's absurd.

People are losing it on twitter right now. Debit alerts everywhere and not one explanation from GTB.

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by tunize(m): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2022
If na true na to just break protocol carry soldier go remove the guy for office straight up......if the manager talk too much pick am join normal level if you cool follow bank them go dey form wise she gat change am for them.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by Veeryeasy(m): 11:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
Bring this to twitter,and I promise you under 4hrs of steady retweeting and dragging even the owner of the bank would hand the culprit to you

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by charlsecy(m): 6:44am On Apr 03, 2022
ariesbull:
using bank app is risky....
How?
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by GreyLaw(m): 11:49am On Apr 04, 2022
chukwugoziegi:

People are losing it on twitter right now. Debit alerts everywhere and not one explanation from GTB.

Meehn... those guys are just taking people for a ride.
Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by ugwumichael(m): 7:47am On Apr 08, 2022
angelfallz:
Stamp duty is ₦50 for every 10k and above that enters your account.
As for sms alert, I have disabled that nonsense, I only get email alerts which is free.
Also I make use of standard chartered bank, no sms charges, no charges when transferring to other banks.

You even forgot to add that there is no limit to withdrawal from other banks ATM. You can withdraw more than 1 million times grin grin from other banks ATM and you will not be charged a dime.
The bank gives me peace of mind cool cool

1 Like

Re: A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ by angelfallz(m): 7:53am On Apr 08, 2022
You're right
ugwumichael:

You even forgot to add that there is no limit to withdrawal from other banks ATM. You can withdraw more than 1 million times grin grin from other banks ATM and you will not be charged a dime.
The bank gives me peace of mind cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magistrates, IG Have No Powers To Freeze Bank Accounts, Court Rules / 7 Basic Steps To Improve Your Financial Condition In 2018 / Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.