Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns (43842 Views)

What Opinion Will You Defend Like This? / Insecurity: How Does Defenceless Nigerians Defend Themselves? / Residents Of Lagos Take To Street Defend Themselves Against Robbers (pic/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Ochelyko1: 12:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
https://www.nairaland.com/7056856/ado-doguwa-nigerians-must-allowed

It is a no brainer to even think of that as a good idea to curb the menace of unprecedented insecurity in the country, eg. kidnapping, unprovoked attacks and killings, banditry and terrorism that's bedeviled the country for over a decade.

Ado Doguwa a member of the house of representatives has this as a plan to stop insecurity. But I think the multiplier effects of doing so will be so enormous and overwhelming.

That action can automatically throw the country into a sudden civil war, and guess who the targets will be.... THE LEADERS THEMSELVES and that's because we are where we are because leaders in Nigeria have failed to do the right thing.

What do you think will happen if an angry and hungry man is being allowed to have access to guns? Well ur guess is as good as mine.

It will mean more jobs for witch doctors, who will get more customers to do "Odeshi" otherwise known as traditional bullet-proof.

People will shoot to kill at the slightest and most ridiculous provocation.

There will be aggrieved persons trying to purge, themselves of pain through retaliation, just to settle old scores.

A good percentage of people in the country has fallen into an unimaginable pit of depression and a lot of them are already suicidal.

Psychological disorder and bad mental health is also an issue... people are trying to manage mid-life crisis, and then u let such person handle a gun? grin hehehe

More organ harvesters. More kidnapping, more terrorism, more banditry. Excessive and untold lawlessness. Rights will be violated !!!

There will be more brutal domestic violence.

The police and military will quit their jobs.

The list is endless.... if everyone has access to weapons to defend themselves then it will be accurate to say that its is finished.

But on a second thought.... if people are allowed to defend themselves and only if they can afford to buy the weapons for themselves then it leaves the rich and middle class enough impetus to send the country to abyss.

1 fairly used AK47 is more than a million naira grin

Oga stop assuming! Have u gave the masses Gun before and all that u mentioned here happen? So why talking as if you have done it before? In America it is legal for citizens to carry gun but have u heard any war among them? No!

But to me I will advice that before any man or woman is giving a gun with license they should be check pyscologically, mentally and emotionally to avoid any trouble.

And they should be use to protect their neighbourhood.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
Sultty:
story for the gods
Do u know that Nigerians with guns will be better off than without guns. Y because kidnappings will be rare, organ harvesting will not happen even banditry and other forms of criminality will be reduced. How will it worsen the present situation?
Expect more cult related violence in the land and HIT will be happening like MAD
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Sultty(m): 12:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
dirtydiva:
Expect more cult related violence in the land and HIT will be happening like MAD
at least people will have d chance to defend themselves. And not the killer/killee mentality imagine u bring confronted by kidnappers without being armed

1 Like

Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by MadeINchenzen2: 12:41pm On Apr 01, 2022
Brushstrokes20:
Mtcheeeew! Arrant BULLCRAP! undecided

# if you want me dead, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE!
I'm getting me a revolver soon,
In case anyone any fulani terrorist transgress
I'll blow their Brains off!
Enough of NONSENSE undecided
give me links on how to get one !!! grin
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by addictiv(m): 12:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
The day robbers and kidnappers will come for you, you will wish you have a gun to defend yourself and your family.
The bad guys already have guns, so why shouldn't law abiding citizens have them. The only reason Nigeria is lawless is because some people know they can do anything and get away with it. But if Oga knows he can get shot by angry boy if boy is oppressed or treated unfairly, Oga will respect boy, boy will respect Oga. Nobody go walka carelessly.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by MadeINchenzen2: 12:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
bdon123:

Am a kaduna man n i say thunder fire u.Nigerians are d problem of Nigerians.....residential areas are been raised down n u dey here dey cap nonsense

Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by ddemillie(m): 12:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
The solution to gun violence is more guns in the hands of good, vetted, and trained and responsible people. The bad guys have being getting the weapons. We as a country should do away with our colonial gun control laws of oppression. Self protection is a human right. If only 30 out of the the 700 plus in the Abuja kaduna train had their own AK 47 the bandit will thread with caution. That the same reason USA has not interfered with what's happening in Ukraine. I call it Mutual respect. All the criminals in my area know na. They can go to every other house but not my house because they know what will happen if they do. I respect them but they respect me more

1 Like

Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by BRATISLAVA: 12:56pm On Apr 01, 2022
[quote author=MoneyGoDrop post=111555506][/quote]

Yes, the security is bad. The terrorists need an eye for an eye.

But is Nigeria ready for an influx of weapons in the hands of everyone? No. There's no infrastructure for that.

We need to look at the two sides to it. Guns aren't bad, but the people who crave to use them are. There needs to be infrastructure to handle gunshot injuries on a daily basis where it depends on time and facilities to deal with them. Nigeria isn't ready to allow that level of freedom, unfortunately. Otherwise another Mexico and Afghanistan will be born.
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by suffering: 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
All talk and no action. Welcome to another day on Nairaland.
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by MadeINchenzen2: 1:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
ddemillie:
The solution to gun violence is more guns in the hands of good, vetted, and trained and responsible people. The bad guys have being getting the weapons. We as a country should do away with our colonial gun control laws of oppression. Self protection is a human right. If only 30 out of the the 700 plus in the Abuja kaduna train had their own AK 47 the bandit will thread with caution. That the same reason USA has not interfered with what's happening in Ukraine. I call it Mutual respect. All the criminals in my area know na. They can go to every other house but not my house because they know what will happen if they do. I respect them but they respect me more
How can u help me get one
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Brushstrokes20: 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
give me links on how to get one !!! grin
I'm still on it grin
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
GloriousGbola:

for years, i also subscribed to this thinking. part of me still does because i know nigerians are on the whole irresponsible and love oppressing others

but this is the fact. we are sitting on a keg of gunpowder and the police, army local govt etc are all complicit

i live in lagos. there has been a steady influx of impoverished northerners in very large numbers.

the okadas are everywhere. they answer to no one.

i hear them driving around at 1am, 2 am.

if/when they eventually make a move, we will al be sitting ducks
the same thing happened during end sars when it came close to boiling over to house to house raids
same thing during the lockdown

even without abokis, there are enough poor communities around housing estates. you can just see it in their eyes - they are waiting for that breakdown of law and order

if you doubt this, ask the owners of shops and resturants in shoprite

the police will do nothing. you have to give them fuel/money for parol.

they are simply mercenaries who hiore out for debt collection and harrassment.

so everyone in naija is oyo

as we have our own gen, water etc - we better just get our own security. unless you want to find yourself watching some riffraff thugs loot and destroy your home then debate on whether to rape your wife and daughters
You sound very smart and logical.

But the truth is, you're missing the point on this one.

We can't copy the US gun rights because we're 2 different societies.
The US is a first world country with a low poverty rate. Nigeria on the other hand is a third world country with a very high poverty rate.
Fact: Poverty is a major cause of crime.

Giving guns to a hungry/angry people would spell doom. Half of the population would be wiped out within a month.

Even without guns, Nigerians are one of the most lawless and corrupt set of people on earth.

Close your eyes and picture every aboki and area boy with a gun. These people have nothing to live for so your gun will not scare them. They'll take their chances because hunger will kill them if they stay put anyway.

South Africa is an example. Whites have guns but they still remain one of the highest crime rate countries in the world.

Unimaginable disaster.
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by MadeINchenzen2: 1:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
Brushstrokes20:

I'm still on it grin
keep me posted, I need a handy one
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by GloriousGbola: 1:13pm On Apr 01, 2022
Jesusdiedhaha:

You sound very smart and logical.

But the truth is, you're missing the point on this one.

We can't copy the US gun rights because we're 2 different societies.
The US is a first world country with a low poverty rate. Nigeria on the other hand is a third world country with a very high poverty rate.
Giving guns to a hungry/angry people would spell doom. Half of the population would be wiped out within a month.

Even without guns, Nigerians are one of the most lawless and corrupt set of people on earth.

Close your eyes and picture every aboki and area boy with a gun. These people have nothing to live for so your gun will scare them. They'll take their chances because hunger will kill them if they stay put anyway.

Unimaginable disaster.

this is what yoiu've missed

today, it is only the law abiding citizens that do not have guns

there may be more than 60,000 small arms in circulation

in addition to this, ;like everything else, guns and bullets will cost money

so what is actually more likely to happen is the nigerian oppression where you pull your six shooter and i pull my desert eagle

this is not about the US or the west, because those are societies where police respond in time to distress calls

in nigeria , you are on your own. whether it is in lagos traffic jam, in your house, in a train - you are on your own.

how many crimes are ever solved by police?

the confidence of robbers and kidnappers and bandits cones from the fact that it is ZERO risk to them.

just get a gun, even a fake one - and you can do whatever you want

1 Like

Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Brushstrokes20: 1:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
keep me posted, I need a handy one
Alright.
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
GloriousGbola:

so what is actually more likely to happen is the nigerian oppression where you pull your six shooter and i pull my desert eagle

this is not about the US or the west, because those are societies where police respond in time to distress calls

in nigeria , you are on your own. whether it is in lagos traffic jam, in your house, in a train - you are on your own.

the confidence of robbers and kidnappers and bandits cones from the fact that it is ZERO risk to them.

In response to those points: The poor will steal your guns just like they steal everything else.

My argument:

Truth is, Africans are too dumb to govern themselves. Just look at what we did with independence.
I lived in SA for years and I tell you, whites and blacks are very different people.
Whites run America.

Africans are not cultured enough to issue gun rights to citizens. Even in the US, most crimes are committed by blacks.

What African/third world country do you know that has gun rights?
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by SonOfTheRisingS: 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
Intimidation and massacring of unarmed innocent citizens of Biafra IPOB will stop. Made in Aba guns and roses.

Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Maconstruct(m): 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
In lagos, there would be shootings in road intercections during traffic like every day.
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Oburu202: 1:31pm On Apr 01, 2022
You are right. If we all have guns, I really think the country will be better. More respect. No more armed robbery( which are done by our men in uniform). People will think twice before the ask you " do you know who I am"?

Don't worry we all have gun soon. BTW, do you know the percentage of Nigerians with illegal arms? You will be surprised to find out how many guys that are in circulation!!

Please they should pass the law. Let's get guns for ourselves legally and carry it openly. Look at Afghanistan, it's a terrorist country. Just like Nigeria is. They all have guns openly. That's what we need or at least that's where Nigeria is heading to. Just because of greed and wickedness.

MoneyGoDrop:
Now that Nigerians don't have gun,are people not dying on daily basis from gun inflicted injuries.
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by SonOfTheRisingS: 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Very soon everyone will start buying their own guns and roses like handset for safety. Fulani terrorist herdsmen forces will not harass and massacring unarmed innocent farmers in their own farms.

Nijeriya corrupt politicans and their forces will no longer kill our mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters for asking for Biafra Referendum.

Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by ucpounds: 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
that a lie if u know that every neighborhood and everybody around u has a gun
1. kidnapping and robbery will reduce cuz their not the only one with a gun and every other person has one and can defend themselves
2. will harassment from the police or so called agbero bozs will also reduce cuz will all got gun and can shot plus no one wants to die
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by kingyakos: 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Try go bypass person for bank,ATM, filling or gas station and see if person no go shot
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by kingyakos: 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Killing for reach everybody even inside church or mosque
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by soojar(m): 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:

It is a no brainer to even think of that as a good idea to curb the menace of unprecedented insecurity in the country, eg. kidnapping, unprovoked attacks and killings, banditry and terrorism that's bedeviled the country for over a decade.

Ado Doguwa a member of the house of representatives has this as a plan to stop insecurity. But I think the multiplier effects of doing so will be so enormous and overwhelming.

That action can automatically throw the country into a sudden civil war, and guess who the targets will be.... THE LEADERS THEMSELVES and that's because we are where we are because leaders in Nigeria have failed to do the right thing.

What do you think will happen if an angry and hungry man is being allowed to have access to guns? Well ur guess is as good as mine.

It will mean more jobs for witch doctors, who will get more customers to do "Odeshi" otherwise known as traditional bullet-proof.

There will be aggrieved persons trying to purge, themselves of pain through retaliation, just to settle old scores.

A good percentage of people in the country has fallen into an unimaginable pit of depression and a lot of them are already suicidal.

Psychological disorder and bad mental health is also an issue... people are trying to manage mid-life crisis, and then u let such person handle a gun? grin hehehe

More organ harvesters. More kidnapping, more terrorism, more banditry. Excessive and untold lawlessness. Rights will be violated !!!

The list is endless.... if everyone has access to weapons to defend themselves then it will be accurate to say that its is finished.

But on a second thought.... if people are allowed to defend themselves and only if they can afford to buy the weapons for themselves then it leaves the rich and middle class enough impetus to send the country to abyss.

You that is carrying gun would be mindful how you approach your target because you are aware he is likely carrying a more sophisticated one.

By that, undocumented order would reign. We are not more psychopathic than these whites. With Gun power, respect begats respect
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Harshweather(m): 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
truthCoder:
I am in support.

If we have the right to bear arms, then intimidation will reduce.

There is a saying in America. God created all men but colt made them equal.

Imagine EFCC raiding your house without a warrant. Will they dare if they know you have a legal firearm?

Imagine most of the passengers on the kaduna train had glocks and know how to use it.

How well would you sleep at night if you own a good benelli under your bed and you know your wife is accurate to 600 meters with a Mosin.

Do you know how many wives and daughters have been raped while their husbands and sons watched helplessly in Nigeria?

We need guns in Nigeria.

Shot up do you think it's a secondary school debate? Everyone handling arms is like 2nd Nigeria civil war. Nah so so human being they go dey use count scores.
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by ArewaNorth: 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:

The guns will be used on politicians on campaign ground8)
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by eazisky(m): 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
Figger:
the lawmaker proposing that people be allowed to bear arms and defend themselves is more clueless than buhari himself on security matters. Does he wanna plunge the country into anarchy and chaos, let the security agencies step up their game and do thier job. Guns in the hands of every Nigerian is already a war in the making.

I base in kaduna, if u are here in kaduña, u wouldn't be saying this, where u have to sleep outside guiding your family then u will understand the importance of getting a riffle for self defense

1 Like

Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by truthCoder: 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
Harshweather:

Shot up do you think it's a secondary school debate? Everyone handling arms is like 2nd Nigeria civil war. Nah so so human being they go dey use count scores.

You are evidently the runt of the pack; a confirmed product of a bad educational system.

That secondary debate, i can bet my onions that you can’t participate.

To contribute to civic matters is not your forte.

So just stay on the sidelines and observe, maybe you would be able to pick a little chaff of wisdom from the intelligent ones.

Dumb as a donkey.
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by peculiar2233: 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
Now that Nigerians don't have gun,are people not dying on daily basis from gun inflicted injuries.
Help me ask ooo
The thing is, it will be brutal in the first 2 years but with time, we'll get used to it.
Someone that want to hurt knowing fully that I also have my own gun, he will think twice before embarking on that mission aje
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by ceaser: 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:

Shikini moni
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Amalekki: 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
peculiar2233:

Help me ask ooo
The thing is, it will be brutal in the first 2 years but with time, we'll get used to it.
Someone that want to hurt knowing fully that I also have my own gun, he will think twice before embarking on that mission aje
Don't mind them. There is no greater deterrent than knowing that the other party is also armed and prepared for your madness.
However, a functional security apparatus across different layers would render this option unnecessary but have we demonstrated a capacity to ensure that in our 60 years as a nation?
Re: This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns by Cromagnon: 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:

Excellent idea

Stop telling us what you think and instead provide evidence of what you know

Are we not already in war state

Hungry men can't afford guns
Angry men will be put down or locked up for murder

Why don't they machete on slightest provocation? Or hammer or bottle or 2 by 4

You just worried you won't be able to run your mouth or defraud or molest ppl like before cos now even a weakling can respond

See above for treatment of murderers

will you ban rope or rat poison for those that want to commit?

See above for murder treatment

More like more dead organ harvesters and kidnapper and terrorists and bandits cos now law abiding citizens can respond immediately instead of waiting for years for the govt

Not really
Less as men realise they can't bully women as much

Name one country with universal gun access that doesn't have a military or police force.
Stop talking nonsense

The list is rubbish

demand and supply will reduce price
The AK is expensive cos it's supply is limited by govt

Locally made guns are 6K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Way To Stand In Queue, Do You Agree? / Photo Of The Warning I Saw On A Fence In Port-Harcourt / How Will You Describe This Policeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.