Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians (6437 Views)

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. / Muslims Against Terror Offers $10,000 For Info On Boko Haram and Its Leader / Quotes Of Famous Muslims Against Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by ektbear: 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2011
on JULY 4, 2011 · in NEWS

By AbdulSalam Muhammad

KANO – The Central Bank Governor, Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has cautioned Muslim faithful not to join issues with Christians over their opposition to the proposed introduction of Islamic Banking System in the country, saying the idea for the new system was rooted in the 1999 Constitution.

Sanusi who addressed Muslim clerics in Kano, weekend, in Hausa language at a lecture organised by Tijjaniya Islamic Enlightenment Initiative stressed that the new banking system was initiated by his predecessor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, a Christian, and challenged those opposed to the new system which he said was already operational in some banks to go to court.

Said he: ‘’Muslims should resist the temptation of engaging in war of words with our brothers (Christians) to avoid over heating the polity.

‘’We must not take the law into our hand because of this controversy, it is simply a matter of understanding of the law and I believe we will come to terms with the aggrieved party.

‘’I am only trying to fulfil the provision of the law as enshrined in the Nigerian constitution.”

Sanusi, however, lamented that the leadership of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, turned down his request for a meeting that would have given him the opportunity to allay their (Christians) fears on the new banking system.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/sanusi-warns-muslims-against-joining-issues-with-christians/
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by kcjazz(m): 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Sanusi, however, lamented that the leadership of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, turned down his request for a meeting that would have given him the opportunity to allay their (Christians) fears on the new banking system.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/sanusi-warns-muslims-against-joining-issues-with-christians/

I hear the President of CAN and his church owns Eagle Flight Microfinance Bank in Delta State
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by jimmysho(m): 3:24pm On Jul 04, 2011
He is gradually becoming central bank governor of the muslims especially of northern extraction
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by philip0906(m): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2011
y boko haram no go get mouth. . .
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2011
Why do we care so much about what the man called Sanusi say? The nation should look for ways to terminate his job as long as he cannot handle issues on a nuetral ground.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Afam4eva(m): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2011
This Sanusi guy is leaving no stone unturned to make sure that Sharia bank abi na Islamic banking is a reality. He must have something up his sleeves. God help us.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by namfav(m): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
can are mafias parading as religious leaders
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by TONJOLO: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2011
I see no reason why people should overflog issues on this Islamic banking concept. A noble course that impedes interests on facilities (loans) across board. I think it should be embraced by all and sundry, in my estimation.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by aljharem3: 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2011
good advice sanusi

that is why i we all on NL have stop debating with bigots
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by sirjec(m): 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2011
We the Christians don't have anything to discuss with the Islamist. All we are saying that he should not take us for a ride. The said provisions of the said Islamic Bank are also similar to the real Christian practices so why should it bear ISLAMIC BANKING?

Which Christian will enter such bank to do Business?

We want to spend Nigerian's money on things that will be beneficial to one section of the populace. To be precise, we want to spend money gotten from Christians to establish what only the Muslims will benefit from? Is it fair?

Some of us that call ourselves Christians don't know the tricks of Muslims and that they are constantly fighting to Islamize this country.

It is unconstitutional as far as I am concern. Just that this Jihadist that calls himself Sanusi want to cause problem in this country. And I hope when the problem starts, he will defend it.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by namfav(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
sirjec:

We the Christians don't have anything to discuss with the Islamist. All we are saying that he should not take us for a ride. The said provisions of the said Islamic Bank are also similar to the real Christian practices so why should it bear ISLAMIC BANKING?

We want to spend Nigerian's money on things that will be beneficial to one section of the populace. To be precise, we want to spend money gotten from Christians to establish what only the Muslims will benefit from? Is it fair?

Some of us that call ourselves Christians don't know the tricks of Muslims and that they are constantly fighting to Islamize this country.

It is unconstitutional as far as I am concern. Just that this Jihadist that calls himself Sanusi want to cause problem in this country. And I hope when the problem starts, he will defend it.

are you paranoid? if the agenda of muslims in nigeria was to have a complete muslim nation it would have been easy if you consider the number of muslims we have been led by and the number of influential muslim politician, a islamic bank will not be built at your doorstep in the south south, south east, not atall f00l, and you are not forced to use it

now go to hell
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Pukkah: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Sanusi who addressed Muslim clerics in Kano, weekend, in Hausa language at a lecture organised by Tijjaniya Islamic Enlightenment Initiative stressed that the new banking system was initiated by his predecessor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, a Christian, and challenged those opposed to the new system which he said was already operational in some banks to go to court.

It's high time some aggrieved people went to court instead of heating up the polity by issuing statements.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by aljharem3: 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2011
sirjec:

no one is Islamizing the country, haba angry angry
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Pukkah: 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Wait o, why should his request for a meeting be turned down?
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by hercules07: 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2011
Pukkah dont mind the CAN people jare, instead of looking at how Christians can get an advantage with the advent of the new banking system, they are busy making noise, me I am a Christian and I am going to bank with the Stanbic Islamic bank, God help them they do not share profit with me, I go fight them tire.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Pukkah: 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
sirjec:

We the Christians don't have anything to discuss with the Islamist. All we are saying that he should not[b] take us for a ride[/b]. The said provisions of the said Islamic Bank are also similar to the real Christian practices so why should it bear ISLAMIC BANKING?

Some of us that call ourselves Christians don't know t[b]he tricks of Muslims [/b]and that they are constantly fighting to[b] Islamize this country[/b].

The level of mistrust in this country, in the name of religion, is sickening!  Just count all the adjectives and terms you used: Islamist, Jihadist, 'Islamize, 'tricks', etc. Fundamentally, this country is in trouble.  There is no cohesion at all.  Really, I think you guys are giving the Islamic Banking thing more attention than it deserves.

Again, note that CBN will not fund any Islamic Bank.  In fact, CBN has just given a licence to Stanbic IBTC to commence Islamic Banking services.  You guys should rest this matter or go to court instead of heating up the polity.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
When will Sanusi return Soludo's gesture and set up Christain Banking?

Talk about selective continuation of Soludo's policies.

I thought Soludo was no good. How convinient to now drop his name?
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Pukkah: 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2011
hercules07:

Pukkah dont mind the CAN people jare, instead of looking at how Christians can get an advantage with the advent of the new banking system, they are busy making noise, me I am a Christian and I am going to bank with the Stanbic Islamic bank, God help them they do not share profit with me, I go fight them tire.

You see, I have a bundle of issues against Sanusi (the way he handled the removal of the bank MDs) and I have not hidden it on this forum. However, what has he done wrong on this matter? Let's try to be candid and objective, other than mutual distrust that is at the root of the opposition, what's the problem with Islamic Banking?

Personally, I am neither excited nor saddened by Islamic Banking but the way some people have been vociferously attacking it is making the whole thing look funny.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Gbawe: 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
Pukkah:

You see, I have a bundle of issues against Sanusi (the way he handled the removal of the bank MDs) and I have not hidden it on this forum. However, what has he done wrong on this matter? Let's try to be candid and objective, other than mutual distrust that is at the root of the opposition, what's the problem with Islamic Banking?

Personally, I am neither excited nor saddened by Islamic Banking but the way some people have been vociferously attacking it is making the whole thing look funny.

Indeed !!! Does it not boil down to choice at the end of the day? Is anyone going to force any of us to lodge all our savings in an Islamic bank? What is all this noise about ?
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2011
FUK christians and FUK Muslims! I think they should get out of that country!
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by sirjec(m): 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2011
namfav:

are you paranoid? if the agenda of muslims in nigeria was to have a complete muslim nation it would have been easy if you consider the number of muslims we have been led by and the number of influential muslim politician, a islamic bank will not be built at your doorstep in the south south, south east, not atall f00l, and you are not forced to use it

now go to hell

I'm just telling my Christian brothers to beware of the coming of 666, the mark of the beast. The prophesy is coming to pass because in near future it will become a muslim thing for muslims. when the antichrist puts untold hardship on people, they will be asked to bow to allah to qualify for loan,  I know how this works. You are the one that will fry in hell then for not accepting Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour. Already the north is hot which supposes it is close to hell fire.

Go and read about the last day you wise man.

Answer why it should be called Islamic banking since it has the same provisions with Christian practices.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Pukkah: 8:22am On Jul 05, 2011
sirjec:

I'm just telling my Christian brothers to beware of the coming of 666, the mark of the beast. The prophesy is coming to pass because in near future it will become a muslim thing for muslims. when the antichrist puts untold hardship on people, they will be asked to bow to allah to qualify for loan,  I know how this works. You are the one that will fry in hell then for not accepting Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour. Already the north is hot which supposes it is close to hell fire.

Answer why it should be called Islamic banking since it has the same provisions with Christian practices.

Oh, according to you, Islamic Banking is now the new mark of the beast? It is no longer the cashless economy?  How ridiculous can you guys get! Are you sure the 'bottom of the well' sydrome is not worrying you?  I'm not defending Islam but your utterly restrictive views are too narrow for today's global village.

And how do you know who will fry in hell fire and who will not?

*edit
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by sirjec(m): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2011
Pukkah:

Oh, according to you, Islamic Banking is now the new mark of the beast? It is no longer the cashless economy?  How ridiculous can you guys get! Are you sure the 'bottom of the well' sydrome is not worrying you.  I'm not defending Islamic but your utterly restrictive views are too narrow for today's global village.

The days of NOAH was also booming. People never believed him. Time will tell
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Pukkah: 10:42am On Jul 05, 2011
sirjec:

The days of NOAH was also booming. People never believed him. Time will tell

What's the meaning of the part of your post that I put in bold?
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by sirjec(m): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2011
Pukkah:

Oh, according to you, Islamic Banking is now the new mark of the beast? It is no longer the cashless economy?  How ridiculous can you guys get! Are you sure the 'bottom of the well' sydrome is not worrying you?  I'm not defending Islam but your utterly restrictive views are too narrow for today's global village.

The days of Noah was also a global village and people had their view which made them not to harken to the call of NOAH. There were professors who believed Noah was blabbing like CAN is calling now and economists are blabbing. I asked a simple question; The stand of Islams and Christians are the same on financial issues (After all history shows the the qua ran was written from the bible and some other doc, read Genesis through Deuteronomy to confirm), why then is the name Called ISLAMIC BANK instead of just calling it NON PROFIT BANK (Since the provisions are same on almost all religion)? I need an answer pls
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by maclatunji: 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2011
sirjec:

You can call it Christian banking if that will make you feel better.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
If Sanusi can lay out broadly the dynamics of Islamic banking
I would be prepared to listen.

Hostility stems from previous subtle religious undertones cue Sharia law, OIC  et al.
Therefore there is bound to be a level of mistrust.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Pukkah: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2011
sirjec:

The days of Noah was also a global village and people had their view which made them not to harken to the call of NOAH. There were professors who believed Noah was blabbing like CAN is calling now and economists are blabbing. I asked a simple question; The stand of Islams and Christians are the same on financial issues (After all history shows the the qua ran was written from the bible and some other doc, read Genesis through Deuteronomy to confirm), why then is the name Called ISLAMIC BANK instead of just calling it NON PROFIT BANK (Since the provisions are same on almost all religion)? I need an answer pls

Islamic Banking is one of the models of non-interest banking.  You are free to apply for a license to operate your type of banking.  However, you need a sound business plan and strategy that goes beyond mere religious beliefs.  This is what I think Islamic finance has become in the world of today.  Although the tag 'Islamic Banking' may touch some people's raw nerves but the reality is that it has even gone beyond Muslims and their immediate environment.  It has become a global phenomenon.

It is an aberration to see a graduate of economics or finance these days without a knowledge (no matter how little) of Islamic Banking.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by Pukkah: 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
donspony:

If Sanusi can lay out broadly the dynamics of Islamic banking
I would be prepared to listen.

Hostility stems from previous subtle religious undertones cue Sharia law, OIC  et al.
Therefore there is bound to be a level of mistrust.

You are right! Nigerians (the non-Muslims) have mostly approached the issue of Islamic Banking based on the experiences of the past that you mentioned. And really, I have asked myself when the anti-Islamic banking shouts were becoming deafening, is Islamic finance injurious?

Also, the level of mistrust and bickering between the Christians and Muslims is becoming embarrassing. The issue of Islamic Banking does not deserve the kind of attention they have given to it. Albeit, the opposing groups have just given it free publicity. It is the embarrassing level of hate and intolerance that I saw that made me start the contributions to the topic.
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by mekaboy(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2011

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE BANKING SYSTEM .

1, ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, CHRISTIANS SHOULD NOT GIVE LOAN FOR INTEREST.

2, ACCORDING TO KORAN, MUSLIMS, SHOULD NOT GIVE LOAN FOR INTEREST.

MY QUESTION IS, IF THIS LAW IS APPLICABLE TO BOTH CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIM, WHY NAME THE BANKING SYSTEM AFTER ISLAM? THIS IS NIGERIA WE R TALKING ABOUT AND NOT AN ISLAMIC GROUP.

WILL IT THEN BE OK TO HAVE CHRISTIANIC BANKING?

Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by donjazzie(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2011
My thing on this is when issues are islamic in Nature, the repercussions are dire in the Nigerian context.

Firstly,it's states that introduced Sharia law years back that are housing some group of Northerners causing trouble now called Boko Haram.

Secondly,a Muslim and christain contested the Presidential election, the Christain won, the next thing is uprising in the North.

Now Islamic Banking an Idea which I buy  perfectly, but the long run effect of it is that as far as it is Implemented in Nigeria, Some uneducated set of people will you the Idea to cause Trouble,

Sanusi does not have to invite CAN to educate them on Islamic Banking, people will appreciate it naturally if he means good with it, and in a few years we'll find out if he's on some mission
Re: Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians by strangest(m): 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
Sanusi is making a lot of mistakes these days, Banks are now moving on with the 25k minimum deposit whereas minimum wage is 18k, Directly he is telling minimum wage earners to forget about putting their money in the bank. Concerning Islamic bank, i don't have an issue with it if and only if, Sanusi can tell us the measures being taken to ensure that extremist will not take over such banks tomorrow so as to finance terrorism in the country because i know banks are always greedy as far as money is coming in, don't ask questions,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures In Islam / What Does It Mean According To Quran And Sunnah To Eat In Dream / Why Did Allah Make It Compulsory For Muslims To Commit Adultery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.