Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts (1181 Views)

APC Suspends Maryam Suleiman For Defending El-Rufai Over Kaduna Debt Burden / Sheikh Nuru Khalid Suspended For Criticising Buhari Over Kaduna Train Attack / Sheikh Khalid Suspended For Criticising Buhari Over Kaduna Train Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by Islie: 10:07am On Apr 02, 2022
By John Gabriel

For the past three weeks, Kaduna has been in the news, as bandits continue to terrorise and inflict injuries, on the lives of their victims.

Bandits have now grown wings from attacking residents in their houses, farm, boarding students to now laying siege for passengers who travel by road, rail or air.

Kaduna International Airport was attacked by bandits who killed a security man guarding the perimeter fencing and
blocked an aircraft from flying to Lagos.

A few days after that incident, bandits bombed the Kaduna – Abuja train carrying 980 passengers. Eight passengers were reportedly killed, 26 wounded, while scores were unaccounted for.

Following this development, political watchers told DAILY POST in Kaduna on Saturday that the bandits’ attack, is a longtime plan of action, executed by bandits, and they are succeeding in their plan.

They are of the opinion that the bandits must have a plan of action and are trying to prove something to the entire world.

Dr. Salisu Abdullahi, a political analyst said the event in Kaduna for the past few days, is a sign that Kaduna, which is the capital of the northern region, is already caged by bandits.

“The famous crocodile city is no longer what it used to be. It is regrettable that so many bad things are happening every day in the state. Bandits attack everywhere as if we have no government, no security and nothing is working. If you want to travel, fear of bandits will occupy your mind. Not even fear of accidents any longer.

” You may wish to travel by road, fear of not reaching your destination comes in. You may wish to travel by train, fear of being killed by bandits grips you. You may wish to travel by air, fear of being attacked at the airport will envelop you.

He said bandits have grown to a level that it will take the grace of God to be able to overpower them.

Also, Prof. Reuben Machok, a former lecturer, at the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA), said the killing is not just in Kaduna alone but the bandits see Kaduna as the capital of the north (meaning the strong state in the Northern region).

”Kaduna has enormous resources, it used to have several industries, with great potentials, it has blessed people with blessed brains. Several federal government projects, schools and many more compared to other northern states.

“There are great potentials in the Northern states. Many states got their origin from Kaduna. Kaduna is like a grandfather. So, if bandits can capture Kaduna, they have captured all other northern states. They have a well-coordinated plan.

“Just imagine, what started as child’s play in 2015, is now outgrowing to a level that the government itself cannot curtail.” He said.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/02/why-bandits-are-focused-on-subduing-taking-over-kaduna-analysts/

Lalasticlala
Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by Ekez(m): 10:09am On Apr 02, 2022
Dis wan na mumu talk abeg

Who get that meme of two kids .................

1 Like

Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by Canvass: 10:10am On Apr 02, 2022
As long as you keep it up North, no problems. You brought this upon yourself in your stupid quest for power and absolute dominance. It's only unfortunate that Nigeria's Commonwealth is used to fund insurgency and counter-insurgency.
To Goodluck Jonathan that refused to cling on to power knowing what you planned for the whole of Nigeria, I doff my hat.
Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by InaNla(f): 10:16am On Apr 02, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by Racoon(m): 10:26am On Apr 02, 2022
Of course Kaduna is strategic city with presence of many military institutions that can help further the cause of the bandits/terrorists.Bisides it is also close to the capital city of Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by illicit(m): 10:28am On Apr 02, 2022
I think the office of Nigeria's president isnt even as powerful as we always think

A street vigilante can even do more than the president from what I am seeing recently
Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by Zonefree(m): 10:33am On Apr 02, 2022
Ekez:

Manage this one

1 Like

Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by Hector09(m): 10:34am On Apr 02, 2022
Waiting concern me...if they like they should capture the entire North and make it their caliphate.....
Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by Maxymilliano(m): 10:41am On Apr 02, 2022
The governor of Kaduna is in the best position to explain the sudden focus of bandits on the bealeagured State. He used to be in dalliance with them and even retained some on his payroll.

The crisis escalated when the honeymoon between the governor and the bandits ended.

Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by BKayy: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2022
It is a shame that all the effort and Igbo lives Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu sacrificed to avert this seems to have failed.

When I read testaments from the Coup plotters, all of them kept on hammering that Nzeogwu's main aim for the coup was to avert ethnic cleansing on Northern Minorities by Fulani Jihadists while others like Western Region political disaster, Tiv uprising and the county's economic turmoil were second class.

I thought they were making it up because then, this ethnic cleansing seem to be non-existent but now I can see better. This is one issue I have with my people, we should learn to mind our business. The fact that Chukwuma Nzeogwu was born and bred in Kaduna doesn't make the issue of Kaduna Minorities his own because, from the way the contraption called Nigeria was structured, it will always find a way to affect his own original nation.

Can somebody tell me what he achieved in Kaduna after dragging us to what never concerned us? Fate has it that Southern Kaduna and other Northern ethnic Minorities are designed to be either fully subdued or anhilated by Fulani so no need to delay it. What difference will it make if he jejely allowed it to happen in mid 20th century or now?

Hope my kinsmen learn from him. Always mind your business. Leave Tinubu and his Lagos business for Yoruba people. Learn to keep quiet when ISWAP that is camping in Niger state invade their targets.

3 Likes

Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by BigRocky: 10:49am On Apr 02, 2022
Kadunna HV been overrun by terrorist called bandit.

I pity for her innocent indigenes.

1 Like

Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by after4: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2022
"a fight against boko haram is a fight against the north"

a. Who said this?
b. to whom was it said?
c. under what circumstance was it said?

1 Like

Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by after4: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2022
"bandits are businessmen"

a. who said this?
b. to whom was it said?
c. under what circumstance was it said?

1 Like

Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:06am On Apr 02, 2022
none of my business.
Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by EagleNest(m): 11:14am On Apr 02, 2022
When governments were paying bandits to stay calm instead of destroying them, they forgot that you don't tame a tiger. Where are the repentant bandits again?
Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by Ekez(m): 11:20am On Apr 02, 2022
Zonefree:

Manage this one
You do well
Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by Zooposki(f): 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ekez:

Manage this ones.

1 Share

Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by AustineE1: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
BKayy:
It is a shame that all the effort and Igbo lives Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu sacrificed to avert this seems to have failed.

When I read testaments from the Coup plotters, all of them kept on hammering that Nzeogwu's main aim for the coup was to avert ethnic cleansing on Northern Minorities by Fulani Jihadists while others like Western Region political disaster, Tiv uprising and the county's economic turmoil were second class.

I thought they were making it up because then, this ethnic cleansing seem to be non-existent but now I can see better. This is one issue I have with my people, we should learn to mind our business. The fact that Chukwuma Nzeogwu was born and bred in Kaduna doesn't make the issue of Kaduna Minorities his own because, from the way the contraption called Nigeria was structured, it will always find a way to affect his own original nation.

Can somebody tell me what he achieved in Kaduna after dragging us to what never concerned us? Fate has it that Southern Kaduna and other Northern ethnic Minorities are designed to be either fully subdued or anhilated by Fulani so no need to delay it. What difference will it make if he jejely allowed it to happen in mid 20th century or now?

Hope my kinsmen learn from him. Always mind your business. Leave Tinubu and his Lagos business for Yoruba people. Learn to keep quiet when ISWAP that is camping in Niger state invade their targets.

You may have a point there and its quite understandable,but you don't live in isolation, when they come for others and you fail to act,a time will come when they will go after you and there won't be anyone left to speak for you.
Don't also forget that this northern minorities are also of the same faith with us and what this implies is that they look up to us for our hands of help during difficulties. Even beyond religion,being humans, we are meant to fight for the oppressed and our Igbo culture abhors oppression in any form, wherever or whoever is affected,we are duty bound to help,regardless of the fact that Nigerians of other tribes more often than not hates us.

1 Like

Re: Why Bandits Are Focused On Subduing, Taking Over Kaduna – Analysts by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
The monster the northern leaders created, unfortunately it seems they have no control over the bandits anymore! It reminds me of the famous proverb; "The man that brings ant-infested woods into his house should not grumble when lizards begin to pay him a visit."

Chinua Achebe

(1) (Reply)

Brekete Family Releases Account For ASUU Intervention Fund / Ask Me Anything About Austria Now! / 2023 : Businesswoman Converts Her Office To Peter Obi Campaign Office.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.